The positivity after losing 2-0 to our title winning rivals...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
There is nothing positive about losing to Liverpool, ever. Never can be. Never will be. We have spent three quarters of a billion quid to make up the numbers at Anfield. How can anyone happily swallow that? I feel sick this morning. Sick.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You are right, we should judge every performance by the standard of the 99 and 08 :houllier:

God forbid we would look for the positives during transitional phase. This nonsense of "United standard" thrown around during this season is something a Liverpool pundit would say to rub salt in to the wounds while trying to sound sympathetic. Were they saying the same things during Klopps rebuild of Liverpool when he finished 8th and 4th?

Having standards is one thing, expecting the impossible given the reality of the situation is just being delusional.
Do you ever hear the likes of Bayern Munich, Madrid and Juventus, teams we used to compare ourselves to, talking about transition? Even at times when those teams were being outcompeted by their rivals there was never an acceptance of it. I feel like United has created a culture of excuses around itself. Other teams fall from grace but the direction, the aim, is always clear to get back to being the best. Is that the case with us? It sounds like we're well prepped for thinking its okay to finish fourth every year. We've become Arsenal lite.

Siorac

No one is happy but without Pogba, McT and Rashford we gave them a game and will be back next season.

Pogba - 15 points
McT - 5-8 points
Rashford - 6 pts in two games between us and them...
Wait, you're saying that if we had Pogba, McTominay and Rashford fit for the entire season, we'd be ahead of Liverpool right now (that's what your totals add up to)?

I'm looking for the white text.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It sounds like we're well prepped for thinking its okay to finish fourth every year. We've become Arsenal lite.
The possibility of the owners "doing an Arsenal" (in some shape or form) has always been there.

However, this thread specifically attacks (fellow) United fans - suggesting that they (now) accept mediocrity, etc. Which is utter bollocks. I don't know a single United fan who thinks it's okay to finish 4th every year.

What I see on here, mainly, is a schism between fans who consider "transition" an illusory concept (just a poor excuse - bring in the right man and we'll be flying, after all Real Madrid sack managers all the time and they don't lose to the likes of Newcastle, etc.) and fans who think fundamental changes (which will, by absolute necessity, take time) are needed.

It certainly is not a schism between fans who have realized (duh) that we're not looking particularly good - and fans who are insane, deluded and/or perfectly fine with constantly under-performing horribly for a club that spends as much money as we do.

Verminator

Do you ever hear the likes of Bayern Munich, Madrid and Juventus, teams we used to compare ourselves to, talking about transition? Even at times when those teams were being outcompeted by their rivals there was never an acceptance of it. I feel like United has created a culture of excuses around itself. Other teams fall from grace but the direction, the aim, is always clear to get back to being the best. Is that the case with us? It sounds like we're well prepped for thinking its okay to finish fourth every year. We've become Arsenal lite.
Read the title of this thread. It is specific to the Liverpool match, and how remaining competitive to the end of that match, despite our deficiencies, elicited some feelings of pride and optimism in the teams attitude.

If you want to whinge about the state of the club in general, there are 348,000 other threads on the topic.

Betson

Burnley put out their strongest available team tonight, that shows they had respect for us and that we are going in the right direction.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
I've no idea how good he is but he cannot possibly be any worse as an attacking midfielder than Lingard or Perriera so give him a chance.