Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Surely nothing will come out of this and he will just use it to fuel his upcoming rallies to claim this is the new witch hunt?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We're at the point where none of this matters anymore. Even if the FBI has tapes of him selling the nuclear codes to Russia 50% of his base won't care and the other 50% will believe its the deep state. If we survive this era I think historians are going to look back on this time as a case study of group madness.
I doubt as a society we ever really cared about truth but now it's especially uncared for. Just matters what the other side do (or at least, what you're told they do, the ol' repeat a lie a 1000 times trick is so easy now) so you can slag them off.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Surely nothing will come out of this and he will just use it to fuel his upcoming rallies to claim this is the new witch hunt?
As for the first part? The unprecedented nature of the warrant/search makes me think this will not be the case. Something(s) was determined to be there that was worrying enough to trigger this.
As for he second? Of course he will use it in his rallies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
We're at the point where none of this matters anymore. Even if the FBI has tapes of him selling the nuclear codes to Russia 50% of his base won't care and the other 50% will believe its the deep state. If we survive this era I think historians are going to look back on this time as a case study of group madness.
Or the breaking point that begin the fall of modern day Rome.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'd be very surprised if nothing came out of this. An FBI raid with such optics and no results? I doubt it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Or the breaking point the begin the fall of modern day Rome.
Rome was the dominant power for a thousand years, the US has less than a century under its belt. Still, the fall of Rome did have a lot to do with growing inequality and the increasing detachment of the elites from the rest of society. And, you know.. Huns.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Rome was the dominant power for a thousand years, the US has less than a century under its belt. Still, the fall of Rome did have a lot to do with growing inequality and the increasing detachment of the elites from the rest of society. And, you know.. Huns.
I was just going off John Lennon calling America the present day Roman Empire with New York as Rome.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Republican elected officials had two choices: 1. wait for more information to come out before deciding on how to respond or 2. insist that Donald Trump is being politically persecuted by Joe Biden and we must act or risk becoming a Banana Republic!

Obviously they chose the latter because they are dead set on taking America down a dark, dark path. The stuff that "normal" Republicans are spouting is absolutely unhinged stuff. All for a guy who got his ass handed to him by Joe Biden. When violence kicks off against the FBI, DOJ, or others, of course they will blame everyone but themselves.
Well, well, well...

Worth noting that it's not confirmed this is the cause, but I feel comfortable making the assumption and will delete if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Well, well, well...

Worth noting that it's not confirmed this is the cause, but I feel comfortable making the assumption and will delete if I'm wrong.
Dude apparently used a nail gun to shoot at FBI personnel inside the building.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Garland about to give a press conference. I doubt he will say anything of substance related to the search, but some background would be nice and hopefully he lays down the law about the threats and insinuations flying around.

RedDevilQuebecois

Garland about to give a press conference. I doubt he will say anything of substance related to the search, but some background would be nice and hopefully he lays down the law about the threats and insinuations flying around.
Yep, I'm also waiting for that. Since the DOJ will keep the warrant as secret as possible for the possibility of a day in court, I don't expect anything particularly groundbreaking. As you said, pummeling down some of the (right-wing) media fueling conspiracies, threats and insinuations would be nice.

Well, well, well...

At some point, the DOJ/FBI will have to go hard and merciless against those social media influencers. Acts of anarchy like this are fueled by those vile creatures called "social medial influencers".