Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

frostbite

Those are two separate topics. Barr deliberately downplayed the results of the Mueller investigation because he was Trump's AG and didn't want to Trump to go down. That has nothing to do with Garland.

As for the 2nd bit, the January 6th commission wasn't that far along in its investigation in 2021. You always go for the lower hanging fruit and work your way up to the leader. Its a bit irrelevant in the end because Trump had no intention of testifying either way.
The topic is if Trump will be prosecuted. Ever. For anything at all. And the answer is that the Democrats refuse to prosecute Trump.

1. If Barr downplayed something, why did Garland not reopen the case? If there was nothing in there, why did the Democrats tell us that there is a lot of evidence?

2. Why did the Democrat NY DA not prosecute either? And the prosecutors resigned in disgust?

3. Why did the January 6th commision wait for a year and a half to call Trump to testify? That was just stupid. (Or corrupted, or both. ) Ask him to testify early and if he lies, then the "low hanging fruit" will help destroy him.

4. Why did they call Trump to testify at all, just before the elections, at a time THEY KNEW game was over? It is just stupid theater! They did it just for show. They knew it wouldn't happen. Cheap politics.

All these investigations take years and years and at the end... nothing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The topic is if Trump will be prosecuted. Ever. For anything at all. And the answer is that the Democrats refuse to prosecute Trump.

1. If Barr downplayed something, why did Garland not reopen the case? If there was nothing in there, why did the Democrats tell us that there is a lot of evidence?

2. Why did the Democrat NY DA not prosecute either? And the prosecutors resigned in disgust?

3. Why did the January 6th commision wait for a year and a half to call Trump to testify? That was just stupid. (Or corrupted, or both. ) Ask him to testify early and if he lies, then the "low hanging fruit" will help destroy him.

4. Why did they call Trump to testify at all, just before the elections, at a time THEY KNEW game was over? It is just stupid theater! They did it just for show. They knew it wouldn't happen. Cheap politics.

All these investigations take years and years and at the end... nothing.
The Democrats can't prosecute Trump. Its prosecutorial matter for the DOJ, not a political one by the Dems.

1. Barr elected not to pursue the matter at the end of the Russia investigation. Even if he chose to do so, he wouldn't have gone after Trump since it was the Russians who interfered in the election by various means. Therefore you can cross that one off the list.

2. Because Alvin Bragg did not believe he could prove Trump's intent in breaking the law, which caused a couple of lead lawyers to resign, which effectively killed the investigation. That's a judgement call that the DA had to make.

3. This has already been explained in previous post. They were going after the lower hanging fruit to get them to testify publicly and if possible eventually get to Trump. They couldn't have done it earlier because they needed corroborating testimony from the plebs without which they wouldn't have had anything to juxtapose against Trump's testimony.

In summary - All of these are different situations that can't be conflated with one another.

The United

If liberals or whatever leave Twitter, they will need right-wing nut jobs to stay afloat somehow. He was always going to do that.

frostbite

The Democrats can't prosecute Trump. Its prosecutorial matter for the DOJ, not a political one by the Dems.

1. Barr elected not to pursue the matter at the end of the Russia investigation. Even if he chose to do so, he wouldn't have gone after Trump since it was the Russians who interfered in the election by various means. Therefore you can cross that one off the list.

2. Because Alvin Bragg did not believe he could prove Trump's intent in breaking the law, which caused a couple of lead lawyers to resign, which effectively killed the investigation. That's a judgement call that the DA had to make.

3. This has already been explained in previous post. They were going after the lower hanging fruit to get them to testify publicly and if possible eventually get to Trump. They couldn't have done it earlier because they needed corroborating testimony from the plebs without which they wouldn't have had anything to juxtapose against Trump's testimony.

In summary - All of these are different situations that can't be conflated with one another.
Sorry, I disagree.

0. It is the Democrats that will prosecute Trump, if anyone, not the Republicans. Biden and the Democrats picked Garland, it wasn't the Republicans.

1. The Democrats told us that Mueller had enough evidence to prosecute. Either the Democrats were lying to us, or Garland (the Democrat choice) is a coward not to reopen the case.

2. It wasn't "a couple of lead lawyers" that resigned. It was the prosecutors! They resigned because the Democrat DA refused to prosecute, against their recommendations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/23/nyregion/trump-ny-fraud-investigation.html

3. This is not an explanation. What "low hanging fruit"? For a year and a half they were playing with their fruit?

4. You still did not answer why they called Trump in October, when they knew that their time was over. Coincidence that they finished with their fruit just before the elections?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sorry, I disagree.

0. It is the Democrats that will prosecute Trump, if anyone, not the Republicans. Biden and the Democrats picked Garland, it wasn't the Republicans.

1. The Democrats told us that Mueller had enough evidence to prosecute. Either the Democrats were lying to us, or Garland (the Democrat choice) is a coward not to reopen the case.

2. It wasn't "a couple of lead lawyers" that resigned. It was the prosecutors! They resigned because the Democrat DA refused to prosecute, against their recommendations.

3. This is not an explanation. What "low hanging fruit"? For a year and a half they were playing with their fruit?

4. You still did not answer why they called Trump in October, when they knew that their time was over. Coincidence that they finished with their fruit just before the elections?
You don't seem to understand how it works in the US. Its not a political matter - but rather a legal one. Therefore the Dems can't prosecute and imprison Trump. There are legal bodies that have to look at the various cases in different jurisdictions and make a legal judgement as to whether or not they have sufficient evidence to pursue an indictment and conviction. If each of the investigations (which generally don't have anything to do with one another) can't meet a legal threshhold of achieving a conviction then no action will be taken. That's not to say Trump will never go to jail, it just means the cases brought forth so far have not yielded enough evidence get an indictment. That is of course not to say it won't happen in the future.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

You seem to have absolutely no knowledge of the investigation or the law and yet, call for the prosecution of a former president.

But yeah, I'm sure it would play well during a premature testimony :
-M. TRUMP, did you commit a federal crime?
-No I didn't, do you have evidence to back your claim?
-Well no, not really, we didn't really interview anyone else because a guy on twitter decided that you needed to testify after 3 months of investigation so I was kinda hoping you'd tell us you did something wrong to save us the trouble of going through commissions, issuing subpoenas, interviewing dozens of witnesses, analizing thousands of texts and call transcripts and prove we reached legal thresholds, it takes a while you know.
- Oh ok then, well yeah, I did it.

frostbite

You seem to have absolutely no knowledge of the investigation or the law and yet, call for the prosecution of a former president.

But yeah, I'm sure it would play well during a premature testimony :
-M. TRUMP, did you commit a federal crime?
-No I didn't, do you have evidence to back your claim?
-Well no, not really, we didn't really interview anyone else because a guy on twitter decided that you needed to testify after 3 months of investigation so I was kinda hoping you'd tell us you did something wrong to save us the trouble of going through commissions, issuing subpoenas, interviewing dozens of witnesses, analizing thousands of texts and call transcripts and prove we reached legal thresholds, it takes a while you know.
- Oh ok then, well yeah, I did it.
Yes, I have zero knowledge of the law.

But I have been reading articles by Democrats and they always said either directly or implied that there is enough evidence to prosecute Trump. I feel that either these Democrats lied to me, or the Democrats who did not prosecute Trump (despite the evidence) were either cowards or corrupted or incompetent or all of those.

Either way, I blame the Democrats. Why? Because the Republicans are so evil, I have zero hope for anything good by them. But I find it disheartening that the Democrats are also useless.

Here is a little something by Robert Reich, moderate democrat and professor at UC Berkeley:

Last edited:

frostbite

The unfortunate byproduct of watching countless Don Winslow videos.
Would it surprise you that I have no idea who he is, and I only saw his name today for the first time?

And I wasn't even looking anything about Trump, I was just curious what silly thing Musk will do today, and I got this Winslow on my timeline for some reason, haha!

(But I do follow and respect Robert Reich.)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes, I have zero knowledge of the law.

But I have been reading articles by Democrats and they always said either directly or implied that there is enough evidence to prosecute Trump. I feel that either these Democrats lied to me, or the Democrats who did not prosecute Tramp (despite the evidence) were either cowards or corrupted or incompetent or all of those.

Either way, I blame the Democrats. Why? Because the Republicans are so evil, I have zero hopes for anything good by them. But I find it disheartening that the Democrats are also useless.

Here is a little something by Robert Reich, moderate democrat and professor at UC Berkeley:

Reich is a well known Democrat from his years in the Clinton administration going forward. He's a partisan with a political aim in all of this.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would it surprise you that I have no idea who he is, and I only saw his name today for the first time?

And I wasn't even looking anything about Trump, I was just curious what silly thing Musk will do today, and I got this Winslow on my timeline for some reason, haha!
He's a guy who makes anti-Trump videos for his social media page (AFAIK). Not really the best source of balanced information on the topic.

frostbite

He's a guy who makes anti-Trump videos for his social media page (AFAIK). Not really the best source of balanced information on the topic.
Okay, I believe you. But he wasn't my main source. See the Robert Reich tweet, it is the same thing.

RedDevilQuebecois

That part drove me really mad when it unfolded. Alvin Bragg is behaving like your scared deer looking at headlights. If I have to choose between a politician and a career expert in lawsuits with several decades of invaluable experience, I always prefer the latter (Mark F. Pomerantz) because I want the hunter on my side. As of now, Letitia James - the Attorney General of the State of New York has shown greater resolve at investigating Trump than Bragg ever had despite a headstart.

WPMUFC

His account gets reinstated and you don't even have to scroll past 5 tweets befor seeing "PLEASE STOP ATTACKING POLICE" :lol:

it's a time-warp.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think I might just delete my twitter account if trump decides to come back. Wasn't worth much so it's an easy protest.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Seems that he isn't coming back to twitter yet, I wouldn't be surprised if he was contractually bound not to.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Speaking of, he still hasn't Tweeted anything.

He won't be able to contain himself for long though, i'd give it a week or less, and surely by then he will have started tweeting again.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Speaking of, he still hasn't Tweeted anything.

He won't be able to contain himself for long though, i'd give it a week or less, and surely by then he will have started tweeting again.
As I previously said, there's chances he's contractually bound not to use twitter again since he has links with several alternative social media, including his own.

Blood Mage

He's definitely got some kind of deal with Truth Social preventing him from using Twitter for the time being, it's the only explanation.