Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

The Firestarter

From the outside, you're likely getting a highly curated newsfeed of negativity, which is then creating a grim, fatalistic view of things. The reality is that the Republican party is currently in an almost irreversible death spiral, which is creating a perception of chaos. Democrats and Independents (ie...most Americans) are basically still back to the usual grind of work and gradually untangling their lives after COVID.
Thats all fine and dandy however voting laws that look like from the 1960s are really getting passed in half the states legislatures.

SirAF

Ageist

And you’re right. From the outside, it does look as if the country is ready to burn down completely.

When Trump returns in 2024, he’ll have an axe to grind and likely an even more radical voter base.
The way it’s going to shape up is that, if he runs, Trump will almost 100% win the nomination but almost 100% lose the general election. GOP are basically screwed because of his death grip on them.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The way it’s going to shape up is that, if he runs, Trump will almost 100% win the nomination but almost 100% lose the general election. GOP are basically screwed because of his death grip on them.
This is probably what will happen, but that doesn't mean it stops there. The continued pushing of the Big Lie that the election was stolen, together with the outright attacks on democracy in GOP-controlled states, such as putting election certification in the hands of the GOP-controlled state legislatures, means that the actual process itself could be a lot messier than this time. And a reminder that this time there were GOP members of Congress who were opposing certifying the election, up until the moment a violent mob stormed the building they were doing it in.

SirAF

Ageist
This is probably what will happen, but that doesn't mean it stops there. The continued pushing of the Big Lie that the election was stolen, together with the outright attacks on democracy in GOP-controlled states, such as putting election certification in the hands of the GOP-controlled state legislatures, means that the actual process itself could be a lot messier than this time. And a reminder that this time there were GOP members of Congress who were opposing certifying the election, up until the moment a violent mob stormed the building they were doing it in.
Absolutely, there is definitely a rocky road ahead.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Absolutely, there is definitely a rocky road ahead.
I am actually shocked that the GOP states have not proposed the legislature selecting the president yet. The Constitution does not mandate that the people get to elect the President. It lets the state legislatures decide how the Electoral College votes are given. It just so happens that each state has passed laws saying the winner of the state popular vote gets them. The proposed Texas law gets close to taking that away (saying if fraud suspected, but not proven, a judge decides), but no all the way. Would not be shocked if Idaho/Alabama/Mississippi or one of the Dakotas explores this. My state of WI would be a perfect place for the GOP to do it. The state votes around 53% Dem in statewide elections but the state legislature is 62% GOP due to extreme gerrymandering. This would instantly flip the state to the GOP.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If biden doesnt do a noticeable good job, trump will win the elections bc it will be so easy to criticise him and do what he does best: stir the shitpot. He was very close to win in 2020 already. If he runs, i think there is an 80% chance trump will have his unhinged second term

SirAF

Ageist
If biden doesnt do a noticeable good job, trump will win the elections bc it will be so easy to criticise him and do what he does best: stir the shitpot. He was very close to win in 2020 already. If he runs, i think there is an 80% chance trump will have his unhinged second term
No way.

SirAF

Ageist
Still at it with annotating articles with a sharpie :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What's with the randomised capital letters? At first I thought it was just the vowels but he couldn't spell GReg in the correct case.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Chances of him winning are remote imo.
One can hope.

From the outside, you're likely getting a highly curated newsfeed of negativity, which is then creating a grim, fatalistic view of things. The reality is that the Republican party is currently in an almost irreversible death spiral, which is creating a perception of chaos. Democrats and Independents (ie...most Americans) are basically still back to the usual grind of work and gradually untangling their lives after COVID.
Thanks for that overview. And again, I hope that’s the case for your and all our sakes as I believe the world needs a strong America.

And except John Oliver and Trevor Noah, I only get my ‘trump’ news from Danish television, which come from a country where even most of those on the right think he’s abhorrent.

You’re hopefully right. Maybe I’ve just seen too many documentaries telling how republicans are succesfully disenfranching voters.

And maybe I’ll see things more clearly tomorrow when I’m sober

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Maybe is just wishful thinking. Had a lot of fun for 4 years on trump's redcafe thread. But I guess without his twitter account would not be the same

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
First it was January, then it was March, now is August and moving the stupid goal post ad infinitum.
It’s squarely a religion now. This smacks of the prophesies about specific dates of the end times / the return & the ultimate goal post moving excuses when they don’t come to pass.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As expected.

And you’re right. From the outside, it does look as if the country is ready to burn down completely.

When Trump returns in 2024, he’ll have an axe to grind and likely an even more radical voter base.
Won’t be reelected. Hopefully will die painfully before then.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Still at it with annotating articles with a sharpie :lol:
Greg Abbott needs to be wheeled into traffic to play Frogger in the highway.

In all honesty, by what metric is Texas the ‘number one stare in America?’

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It’s squarely a religion now. This smacks of the prophesies about specific dates of the end times / the return & the ultimate goal post moving excuses when they don’t come to pass.
Is not, a religion IMO. Is dumbfeckery. No reasonable religious person would accept so many goal post moving.

Religion don't predict the future with dates (apocalipisis and others don't have a particular date on the gregorian calendar )because that would mean showing proof of something and they are not based in proof but in past stories that no one can proof.

Qanon is madness conspiracy theory for rednecks

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is not, a religion IMO. Is dumbfeckery. No reasonable religious person would accept so many goal post moving.

Religion don't predict the future with dates (apocalipisis and others don't have a particular date on the gregorian calendar )because that would mean showing proof of something and they are not based in proof but in past stories that no one can proof.

Qanon is madness conspiracy theory for rednecks
Well, that’s exactly what religion is, a manmade fairytale that was the original fake news, the original conspiracy theory. This is seen writ large in the more extreme flavors of religion, especially the evangelical christian dominionism here.

What do you mean that religions don’t predict dates in the future? This happens all the time. Heads of various religions will state that X will occur in a specific date, only to have to goal post shift after nothing happens.

One word changed here, but it still is accurate...

Religion is madness conspiracy theory for rednecks

Qanon is a religion, it offers solace to the mentally deficient through the yarns it sounds. That’s exactly what hierarchal religion does. There is no difference when it is distilled down.

Fairytalists gonna fairytale, that’s a certainty.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Well, that’s exactly what religion is, a manmade fairytale that was the original fake news, the original conspiracy theory. This is seen writ large in the more extreme flavors of religion, especially the evangelical christian dominionism here.

What do you mean that religions don’t predict dates in the future? This happens all the time. Heads of various religions will state that X will occur in a specific date, only to have to goal post shift after nothing happens.

One word changed here, but it still is accurate...

Religion is madness conspiracy theory for rednecks

Qanon is a religion, it offers solace to the mentally deficient through the yarns it sounds. That’s exactly what hierarchal religion does. There is no difference when it is distilled down.

Fairytalists gonna fairytale, that’s a certainty.
I agree that it has connotations and it entrenches evangelical religion in it. But IMO I would not call it a religion. It is just internet conspiracy theory predictions from someone that has contacts

Also, I am genuinely curious, which main religion (christianism, islamism, judaism, hinduism, budism (faith), taoism (philosophy), etc..) has date predictions?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I agree that it has connotations and it entrenches evangelical religion in it. But IMO I would not call it a religion. It is just internet conspiracy theory predictions from someone that has contacts

Also, I am genuinely curious, which main religion (christianism, islamism, judaism, hinduism, budism (faith), taoism (philosophy), etc..) has date predictions?
It doesn’t necessarily come from the institution itself, but there’s plenty of ‘christian’ leaders who have made end times prophesy dates.

This is exactly how hierarchal religion took hold thousands of years ago, a conspiracy yarn spun by those who saw the grifting potential & the power brokering potential of their ruse. It was geared for the mentally deficient to embrace & that has been a constant ever since.

We're now simply seeing another flavor of religion being born. Probably was the same as in the early 1800s in this country with mormonism.

It’s difficult to spin a fairytale tangent impactful enough to capture the mental deficients of today, but Qanus has done so.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

Here's a list of predictions of the end times/rapture. While it's not exactly the pope predicting these things it is often related to some branch of a mainstream religion. Although I think a lot of them are from the weirdo American versions of Christianity (the more recent ones of course, lot the 900 AD ones).

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Here's a list of predictions of the end times/rapture. While it's not exactly the pope predicting these things it is often related to some branch of a mainstream religion. Although I think a lot of them are from the weirdo American versions of Christianity (the more recent ones of course, lot the 900 AD ones).
Thanks for the list. As you said, they are mostly nutjobs and none of the main religion leaders did a prediction on modern times because faith would be lost if it would not happen, not like this moving goalposters of quanon

It doesn’t necessarily come from the institution itself, but there’s plenty of ‘christian’ leaders who have made end times prophesy dates.

This is exactly how hierarchal religion took hold thousands of years ago, a conspiracy yarn spun by those who saw the grifting potential & the power brokering potential of their ruse. It was geared for the mentally deficient to embrace & that has been a constant ever since.

We're now simply seeing another flavor of religion being born. Probably was the same as in the early 1800s in this country with mormonism.

It’s difficult to spin a fairytale tangent impactful enough to capture the mental deficients of today, but Qanus has done so.
Definitely they had done it, I would love to see if they have secret gatherings, but I am sure is just internet grifting conspiracy theorist. I only know 0,00001% of the scratched surface and is insane

And is even more insane that the president of united states used it for his own benefit and played along with it

Oh and that some senators are openly supporters of it and they were voted because of that

is....insane

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I am actually shocked that the GOP states have not proposed the legislature selecting the president yet. The Constitution does not mandate that the people get to elect the President. It lets the state legislatures decide how the Electoral College votes are given. It just so happens that each state has passed laws saying the winner of the state popular vote gets them. The proposed Texas law gets close to taking that away (saying if fraud suspected, but not proven, a judge decides), but no all the way. Would not be shocked if Idaho/Alabama/Mississippi or one of the Dakotas explores this. My state of WI would be a perfect place for the GOP to do it. The state votes around 53% Dem in statewide elections but the state legislature is 62% GOP due to extreme gerrymandering. This would instantly flip the state to the GOP.
Yeah, I can totally see that. The reasoning is even pretty simple and can be sold fairly easily: "Seeing how the presidential elections were a trainwreck while state elections were done properly, and seeing how the people of Wisconsin are democratically represented in this house, we legislate that this house will select Wisconsin's members of the Electoral College going forward."

I agree, it's inevitable that this will be tried somewhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is the exact verbiage from a Trump text I received yesterday...

Pres. Trump: Before I give my Presidential speech on June 5th, I need your input, friend. You have 1HR. Take Prep Survey NOW: bit.ly/3uJJVAZ

Stop2End

What I cannot believe is people being opportunistically outraged when past Trump tweets are dredged up in relation to events occurring under the current administration. Their misguided & largely forced disgruntlement & the common thinly veiled assertion of ‘just turn the page’ rings so immaturely hollow & completely bereft of both realization & appreciation of current events that it is the human equivalent of an ostrich with its head in the sand.

NotworkSte

Quite a few folks here in Fl get the feeling Trump will keep teasing the base to keep them on side and eventually annoint Desantis. And that’s scary.

SirAF

Ageist
Quite a few folks here in Fl get the feeling Trump will keep teasing the base to keep them on side and eventually annoint Desantis. And that’s scary.
That’s certainly the most logical scenario for me. It’s hard to see Trump risking ending up a loser yet again.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That’s certainly the most logical scenario for me. It’s hard to see Trump risking ending up a loser yet again.
I am changing my mind on this. I think a mix of delusion, narcissism and fear of prosecution will drive him to actually run in 24.

SirAF

Ageist
I am changing my mind on this. I think a mix of delusion, narcissism and fear of prosecution will drive him to actually run in 24.
It would be insane, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me either!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just don’t see the midget being able to maintain a steady governorship for the next year & a half or so. Something cataclysmic will happen in Florida under his watch which he had a hand in creating or exacerbating & this will severely hamper him in nationwide support, or it will be a consistent buildup of stupid, tone deaf shit like the following will effectively erode his national standing:

Stumpy will have a far better shot at repeating his governorship victory next year. Crist & Fried should offer him some decent competition next year, but likely DeSantis will win.

NotworkSte

Just don’t see the midget being able to maintain a steady governorship for the next year & a half or so. Something cataclysmic will happen in Florida under his watch which he had a hand in creating or exacerbating & this will severely hamper him in nationwide support, or it will be a consistent buildup of stupid, tone deaf shit like the following will effectively erode his national standing:

Stumpy will have a far better shot at repeating his governorship victory next year. Crist & Fried should offer him some decent competition next year, but likely DeSantis will win.
Honestly, I feel whatever he does in Florida, it won’t matter to many R voters. One of the programs he vetoed was assistance to veterans, providing them with mental issues alternate therapy. Voters won’t care, same as they didn’t care when Trump brushed off military traumatic brain injuries as just headaches and not real injuries.
The funny thing over this years vetoes is that the state takes federal money to prop the budget up, quite happily, and makes a few cuts to program that help people using federal money, and he is seen as a hero to the R cause for declining (some) federal money.

The Pulse stuff is sickening but let’s be honest, R voters don’t give a damn about anyone who is part of LGBT or has been shot.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Although fecking hilarious and it shows yet again how mentally deficient Trump is. This is yet another example of distraction and how Trump got away with so much whilst President.

This is no different to when he couldn't close his umbrella whilst boarding Air Force One, or not being able to hold or drink from a water bottle whilst giving a speech, or not being able to walk down a ramp or stairs....

All that get front page news and prime time internet posts and discussions while the horrific things he was doing behind the scenes, or often in the open, were almost laughed off like these instances are.

Absolutely no accountability whatsoever. Nothing has changed and it's clear, nobody has learned a fecking thing.

Trump 2 or A new more dangerous Trump is just around the corner.