Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Renegade

Becky being engaged to Rollins who is Universal Champion made any move to Smackdown near impossible.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I am absolutely in love with AEW. It feels like a modernized version of the ruthless aggression/attitude era. Absolutely amazing.

Pac not wanting to get DQ'd so he can get more wins and closer to the title. Moxley playing his character. CONSISTENT storylines and CONSISTENT characters. My only concern is that the women roster is a little thin but I think there isn't as big a market for women so not a big deal

Bojan11

Bischoff has left WWE. Pritchard takes over at Smackdown.

Something isn’t right. Smackdown promoted Becky as their main face of the show, she’s on every advert and poster for Smackdown yet she ends up on RAW.

I get the feeling Fox are pissed and Bischoff has walked at how the draft ended up. They just added Alexa Bliss and Nicky Cross to Smackdown after realising they have no women’s roster on the show.

It reeks of Vince flexing his muscle, somebody at Fox must have pissed him off so this is him showing them who’s in charge.
I highly doubt fox are pissed because of not getting Becky Lynch. She’s not a draw at all. Infact she’s like her boyfriend. Bischoffs days are gone and by the looks of it so are Heymans.

Fox wanted Roman and Brock they also probably getting Cain. There’s also a big chance Ronda will end up there.

Alexa and Nicki getting drafted is because WWE officials as they are idiots probably realised we have no female faces on smackdown as they can’t just turn Sasha and Bayley.

Ekeke

So I watched the rest of the AEW show this morning, after watching the opening match last night. These shows are so easy to watch, time just flies by. I didnt even look at the clock till Allin Vs. Jericho which was the final match. The tag matches in AEW are incredible, as are all the video packages. The Cody video was top class.

Ekeke

I am absolutely in love with AEW. It feels like a modernized version of the ruthless aggression/attitude era. Absolutely amazing.

Pac not wanting to get DQ'd so he can get more wins and closer to the title. Moxley playing his character. CONSISTENT storylines and CONSISTENT characters. My only concern is that the women roster is a little thin but I think there isn't as big a market for women so not a big deal
It might seem that way just because of the current "picks". But with AEW's great relationship with joshi wrestling companies they can easily bring some new stars in to have some big matches.

By the current picks I mean Britt Baker and Nyla Rose who are okay, but nowhere near the better women to have worked for AEW so far.

They have Hikaru Shida, who isnt just a good joshi wrestler with a great look, but she also has better English than any of the other Japanese women featured in WWE, NXT or AEW. So when they use her, she'll be able to hold her own on the mic

Sadie Gibbs is ridiculously athletic and powerful, shes going to be a big star if she keeps her focus and doesnt get into anymore fights with Bea Priestley as they dont like each other, based on their tour together in Stardom. Gibbs left the tour early to go home when a family friend died, Bea didnt think that was very professional. Apparently they had a fight backstage at AEW a few months ago.

They also have Awesome Kong who is more high profile than ever with her success in Glow

The easiest place for AEW to get some women over for a while from is Stardom. However New Japan Pro Wrestling's parent company Bushi Road has just bought Stardom. And since NJPW and AEW still arent working together that might mean there wont be anymore Stardom wrestlers coming to AEW. Stardom also have a relationship with Ring of Honor so Mayu Iwatani turned down the chance to work with AEW as she was being featured on ROH shows.

Bea Priestley and Riho have contracts with AEW so it surely wont effect them.

If we include the Joshi pool from Japan then AEW actually has far better womens wrestlers (in terms of match quality) than WWE

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I kind of share your enthusiasm. Is Moxley not just basically Stone Cold Steve Austin though?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Bea will be the one to go if there are any issues with her and Sadie. When the spat went public courtesy of Will Ospreay (Bea's boyfriend), Cody and The Young Bucks very openly sided with Sadie.

Bwuk

Half way through this week's Dark and once again, AEW's production blows WWE away. The way they show highlights of the matches in crystal clear quality with slow downs and new angles building the tension and telling the story and also the segment with Cody talking to someone, this week referee Aubrey Edwards about ups and downs of their career have both been brilliant.

The recap is in some ways better than how it plays out in the actual match and its enjoyable even if you saw what happened in the match because it shows a new perspective on it looking at it from the different angles.

The opening match with Kip Sabian, Sonny Kiss and Peter Avalon was decent as well.

So I just finished the main event with Omega and Janela and it was a very very good hardcore match. If you dont mind watching tables, ladders and chairs matches then its pretty much unmissable.
You cannot be serious.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Watching it now... the Waffle & Tyre Iron "advert" is absolutely amazing :lol:
"I make them gold plated" Also love the KILLER! KILLER! KILLER! KILLER!KILLER! and the matches are OK not as good as last weeks but not the worst either.

shamans

I kind of share your enthusiasm. Is Moxley not just basically Stone Cold Steve Austin though?
Definitely inspired but I feel that's not a bad thing. Austin inspired/change a generation of wrestlers. I'd say the biggest thing about Moxley is his erratic behavior and how he doesn't give a shit. This seems to be costing him in the story line which is awesome.

Pac was on commentary last week claiming he deserves a shot since he has more wins and consistent to his story line, that's what happened this week too!

@Ekeke that's good to know regarding female superstars. They obviously need a few more. Personally, I would like to see female story lines maintained to less than half of the mens or being given time only if they are good. WWE has a problem with this where they started making every main event and second match a women's match just for the sake of it.

This is my first time seeing Ri Ho though, what a star. Can't remember the last time I saw such an organic babyface character.

I'm really excited for AEW. It has me waiting for the next episode all the time. They need to keep signing fresh talent though and not go down the route of chasing hogan, rock etc.

shamans

You cannot be serious.
You know what, this may sound weird but I agree with him. See I don't think good production is always high budget.

First of, AEW's budget is obviously more than any other non wwe production we've seen in ages but I'll give you one example oh how WWE over produces/ruins its shows: When guys throw punches you'll see the camera zoom in and out really quickly in WWE. That's so cheesy, corny and over the top to portray something is actually happening. AEW keeps it simple which I like.

Plus something about it all feels organic. WWE feels really plastic nowadays.

shamans

A poor man's. It's why I can't fully get behind his character, trying to hard and seems a touch unnatural.
If you've followed Moxley you'll know thats not his character. He is just a crazy motherfecker who does what he wants without consequences. WWE ruined that with the whole "OH MY GAAD LUNATIC" stuff.

I love Moxley. So what if he has Austin inspiration? We need some of that. He has is own style. BTW, he's a bit like that in real life too from interviews and what not.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
You cannot be serious.
:lol:

You know what, this may sound weird but I agree with him. See I don't think good production is always high budget.

First of, AEW's budget is obviously more than any other non wwe production we've seen in ages but I'll give you one example oh how WWE over produces/ruins its shows: When guys throw punches you'll see the camera zoom in and out really quickly in WWE. That's so cheesy, corny and over the top to portray something is actually happening. AEW keeps it simple which I like.

Plus something about it all feels organic. WWE feels really plastic nowadays.
Blowing out the water is hyperbole though. It's certainly different but no one can deny WWE has always had fantastic production value. AEW are still need to sort out their audio IMO but it's gotten better.

It's different and if you can enjoy it then it's all good, why someone needs to try and claim it's better than WWEs I don't know.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I don't know how to feel about NWA Powerrr. The graphics, sound effects and 'adverts' make it seem like it's a parody but other stuff is clearly played straight. Has good promos though.

shamans

Blowing out the water is hyperbole though. It's certainly different but no one can deny WWE has always had fantastic production value. AEW are still need to sort out their audio IMO but it's gotten better.

It's different and if you can enjoy it then it's all good, why someone needs to try and claim it's better than WWEs I don't know.
Because they enjoy it more? Just like myself. WWE production has a bigger budget but AEW's is more artistic/natural to me. It does blow it out of the water for me so far. I cant watch WWE without feeling I'm in plastic world

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
If you've followed Moxley you'll know thats not his character. He is just a crazy motherfecker who does what he wants without consequences. WWE ruined that with the whole "OH MY GAAD LUNATIC" stuff.

I love Moxley. So what if he has Austin inspiration? We need some of that. He has is own style. BTW, he's a bit like that in real life too from interviews and what not.
I have followed his character, I don't buy it. I've seen his interviews and what not, and I don't buy it.
I think he trys to hard to be a bad ass and personally I've never bought. Think it looks cringe. Case in point, when he was in the ring last dynamite doing that fingering thing in the ring when omega was coming down the ramp. I get what he was trying to do, but he looked like he was practicing for Renee.

Just don't buy it personally.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Because they enjoy it more? Just like myself. WWE production has a bigger budget but AEW's is more artistic/natural to me. It does blow it out of the water for me so far. I cant watch WWE without feeling I'm in plastic world
Put it like this, I prefer NXTs production to raw/smackdown/dynamite. I prefer the stripped blackness. However objectively they all have better production value than NXT, don't they?

Ekeke

They look like they spend money on their promos and segments but they all sound like some nerd wrote the lines for them and the person saying them doesnt use that verbage, the story is shit and the character is corny.

AEW's come across as real and genuine, more like a UFC buildup than a WWE buildup segment

shamans

I have followed his character, I don't buy it. I've seen his interviews and what not, and I don't buy it.
I think he trys to hard to be a bad ass and personally I've never bought. Think it looks cringe. Case in point, when he was in the ring last dynamite doing that fingering thing in the ring when omega was coming down the ramp. I get what he was trying to do, but he looked like he was practicing for Renee.

Just don't buy it personally.
Well everyone has their preferences but I personally love the character and have fully bought it into it.

Ekeke

Put it like this, I prefer NXTs production to raw/smackdown/dynamite. I prefer the stripped blackness. However objectively they all have better production value than NXT, don't they?
They do and thats partly because NXT is filmed in front of 400 people, rather than 14k people like their competition AEW Dynamite

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Well everyone has their preferences but I personally love the character and have fully bought it into it.
And thats completely fine.

They do and thats partly because NXT is filmed in front of 400 people, rather than 14k people like their competition AEW Dynamite
What point you making here?

Bwuk

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on Marko Stunt and Jungleboy vs The Lucha Bros.

Marko Stunt is an embarrassment.

Castia

Really enjoyed AEW again, it’s a great show.

Can’t wait for PAC vs Moxley next week.

Castia

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on Marko Stunt and Jungleboy vs The Lucha Bros.

Marko Stunt is an embarrassment.

He’s got crazy talent but is just too small. He wouldn’t be in the match if Luchasaurus was fit though, I think his actual in-ring appearances will be at a minimum.

I thought the match was really good, Lucha Bros are absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:

Castia

I highly doubt fox are pissed because of not getting Becky Lynch. She’s not a draw at all. Infact she’s like her boyfriend. Bischoffs days are gone and by the looks of it so are Heymans.

Fox wanted Roman and Brock they also probably getting Cain. There’s also a big chance Ronda will end up there.

Alexa and Nicki getting drafted is because WWE officials as they are idiots probably realised we have no female faces on smackdown as they can’t just turn Sasha and Bayley.

It just seems strange how they promoted her as the face of Smackdown, they’ve essentially promoted a rival networks star whilst showing nothing of their own billion dollar purchase. USA Network must be buzzing.

Castia

WWE's women are leaps and bounds ahead of AEW's. It's like Premier League and League 1.
Yeah the women’s division seems really shallow at the moment. They should have signed Tenille Dashwood (Emma) before she signed with Impact.

shamans

He’s got crazy talent but is just too small. He wouldn’t be in the match if Luchasaurus was fit though, I think his actual in-ring appearances will be at a minimum.

I thought the match was really good, Lucha Bros are absolutely brilliant.
I wanna see him in the ring more. some of his moves were incredible. He makes for a good squash character who has good offense too.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah the women’s division seems really shallow at the moment. They should have signed Tenille Dashwood (Emma) before she signed with Impact.
They should do whatever they can to get Tessa. Absolute star.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Someone on Reddit posted a video of a recent Emma match on Impact and she looked terrible.

She's more or less a full time Instagram model these days.