Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

NXTs womens division absolutely shits all over AEWs, objectively. It's not even a contest.

UE, Riddle, Gargano, Ciampa, Balor, Dream, Dunne, probably even Keith Lee would all main eventing dynamite. Kushida and Rush are there too.
AEW's womens division extends into Joshi promotions such as TJPW, Ice Ribbon, Stardom and others. The best womens wrestling in the world is Joshi wrestling in Japan. Thats always been the case, All Japan Women were better than All Japan Pro Wrestling in the mid 80s and 90s. Now all the talent is spread between around 13 different womens promotions. But the talent is there. Thats where Asuka, Io Shirai and Kairi came from and theres lots more where that came from.

If you look at AEW's western talents I agree, NXT's women are better especially if you include NXT UK too. But seeing as AEW has good relationships with all these different Joshi companies because Omega is so highly respected in Japan and he's taking care of the womens division, then AEW has access to the best womens wrestlers on the planet especially when it comes to quantity. But that does remain to be seen because only a few from each company have been used so far.

But in the future we could see Meiko Satomura, Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Nakajima, Tsukasa Fujimoto (current JPN womens wrestler of the year), Hiroyo Matsumoto, Chihiro Hashimoto, Saree, Nanae Takahashi, Syuri (former UFC fighter), Dash Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi, Takumi Iroha, Arisa Hoshiki, Kagetsu, Hazuki, Utami Hayashishita join the already featured :

Riho, Aja Kong, Emi Sakura, Hikaru Shida

Any of these can easily work a match as good as anyone in NXT other than Io Shirai at her best. AEW might potentially have a bit more trouble getting more of the Stardom signed wrestlers to start appearing because of the sale of Stardom to New Japan's parent company. But they might not as AEW is a great showcase for their talents.

Kushida was a light heavyweight in New Japan in the opening and middle section of shows where Kenny Omega was main event in NJPW. Undisputed Era were all ROH talents that have been on the same cards Omega has been on and while he was main event, they were not. Balor was an upper mid carder in NJPW.

Pete Dunne could be made a case for, just like Riddle and Gargano. Velveteen Dream is raw as hell and it shows when he isnt working with someone a lot better than he is. Keith Lee :lol: and Lio Rush is another ROH talent who wasnt main eventing shows when Omega was on the card.

So again, its over the top to say they'd all be working dark matches. There are a couple that would be main eventers along with Omega - Riddle, Gargano, Dunne perhaps. But the majority would be opening for Omega obviously. Thats why WWE were offering him a big deal for the main roster, not to come to NXT. Because he's one of the few big talents, like Styles, who they respect enough to go straight to the main roster.

All those guys you listed, Vince doesn't want yet.

He wanted Omega, the Bucks and Page

Bwuk

Just had a search and couldn't find anything, mate. I assume it's from first viewing.

AEW's numbers are quite impressive regardless because, over here in England, I believe you have to wait until Friday night for the latest episode, and I bet there's many like me who don't wait and watch it on Thursday. Plus, it's on ITV2, too. I wonder how they'd do live on ITV1.

Just seen the Inner Circle's promo before Hager's fight last night. Ortiz: "I'll stab him!" :lol:

I didn't watch, but apparantly Hager purposefully got himself DQ'd in his fight with a kick to the balls just for the wrestling heat :lol:
Ortiz is an embarrassment talking about stabbing someone at an MMA Event. AEW Management should be furious.

I hope you don't honestly believe in a MMA fight Hager got himself DQ'd in a fight for wrestling heat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He didn't, he accidentally kneed him in the groin.

I guess it works for a pro wrestling heel though so cool I guess. :lol:
Oh, I see :lol:

Ortiz is an embarrassment talking about stabbing someone at an MMA Event. AEW Management should be furious.

I hope you don't honestly believe in a MMA fight Hager got himself DQ'd in a fight for wrestling heat.
I have no idea, tbh. I've only read about it on reddit and some were speculating that, as a result of this, they were looking to bring in Hager's opponent to AEW for an angle.

I admittedly don't watch much MMA/UFC but, in what I have watched, I've never seen a match end by DQ from someone hitting his opponent in the balls, and I assume it's a rare occurrence, so that coupled with the speculation of his opponent joining AEW, and the fact that the "inner circle" cut a, quite frankly, terrible promo on him did cause some to jump to said conclusion.

Also, yeah, I have no idea what Ortiz was thinking there! I think the fact that the other twos promos were so bad that he probably thought to say something crazy/outlandish just to make up for it, but he didn't have to go that far :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
AEW's womens division extends into Joshi promotions such as TJPW, Ice Ribbon, Stardom and others. The best womens wrestling in the world is Joshi wrestling in Japan. Thats always been the case, All Japan Women were better than All Japan Pro Wrestling in the mid 80s and 90s. Now all the talent is spread between around 13 different womens promotions. But the talent is there. Thats where Asuka, Io Shirai and Kairi came from and theres lots more where that came from.

If you look at AEW's western talents I agree, NXT's women are better especially if you include NXT UK too. But seeing as AEW has good relationships with all these different Joshi companies because Omega is so highly respected in Japan and he's taking care of the womens division, then AEW has access to the best womens wrestlers on the planet especially when it comes to quantity. But that does remain to be seen because only a few from each company have been used so far.

But in the future we could see Meiko Satomura, Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Nakajima, Tsukasa Fujimoto (current JPN womens wrestler of the year), Hiroyo Matsumoto, Chihiro Hashimoto, Saree, Nanae Takahashi, Syuri (former UFC fighter), Dash Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi, Takumi Iroha, Arisa Hoshiki, Kagetsu, Hazuki, Utami Hayashishita join the already featured :

Any of these can easily work a match as good as anyone in NXT other than Io Shirai at her best. AEW might potentially have a bit more trouble getting more of the Stardom signed wrestlers to start appearing because of the sale of Stardom to New Japan's parent company. But they might not as AEW is a great showcase for their talents.

Kushida was a light heavyweight in New Japan in the opening and middle section of shows where Kenny Omega was main event in NJPW. Undisputed Era were all ROH talents that have been on the same cards Omega has been on and while he was main event, they were not. Balor was an upper mid carder in NJPW.

Pete Dunne could be made a case for, just like Riddle and Gargano. Velveteen Dream is raw as hell and it shows when he isnt working with someone a lot better than he is. Keith Lee :lol: and Lio Rush is another ROH talent who wasnt main eventing shows when Omega was on the card.

So again, its over the top to say they'd all be working dark matches. There are a couple that would be main eventers along with Omega - Riddle, Gargano, Dunne perhaps. But the majority would be opening for Omega obviously. Thats why WWE were offering him a big deal for the main roster, not to come to NXT. Because he's one of the few big talents, like Styles, who they respect enough to go straight to the main roster.

I'm not even going to get into any of that because there's literally no point. With you, it all comes down to AEW good, WWE bad.

Sylar

AEWs women division is terrible compared to NXT. What it extends to and what they could do in the future has no baring on how it is now. @SalfordRed18 is right.

Mystry

Friendship is magic

fecking what?

Ekeke

fecking what?
Yep. They were better than the men at the time. Best womens wrestling you'll ever see, if you watch their matches now they still hold up. Manami Toyota and Akira Hokuto especially. Japanese wrestlers are trained differently and it shows

An example

R.E.D.

AEW wasnt even a thing yet. He wanted them from New Japan. They turned WWE down before AEW was in the pipeline
That's why I said prevent it to happen. Everybody knew it was happening. And yes they the offer was to stop them to work with AEW.

Ekeke

So this ACH/Jordan Myles drama is not that surprising given WWE's history, but it is interesting that an NXT employee brings it to light

A black shirt, with red around white letters in the shape of a mouth

WWE made a statement suggesting he was okay with it and gave the go ahead

Myles chose to show publically an email he received about it

A focus on the email

In case you're somehow oblivious to it, this is a blackface caricature. The email especially sounds pretty damning refering to the text as teeth

R.E.D.

Correct there isnt, because you dont bother to do real research. Omega had contract offers before his series with Okada was over in New Japan
Everybody has offers from everywhere. But when you're talking about THE offer, that's this one. The huge one that WWE made to the all of them, and they did it for a reason. They have never made a special offer to someone to stop them going to NJPW and that's what you said. They actually acknowledge and respect NJPW because they have never considered them as a rival.

Ekeke

Everybody has offers from everywhere. But when you're talking about THE offer, that's this one. The huge one that WWE made to the all of them, and they did it for a reason. They have never made a special offer to someone to stop them going to NJPW and that's what you said. They actually acknowledge and respect NJPW because they have never considered them as a rival.
What? Omega was already in New Japan, he stayed because he wanted to become champion. Why are you lying? :lol::lol::lol:

I said WWE wanted them on the main roster, not NXT. Nothing to do with "going to new japan" - they were already there :houllier::houllier::houllier:

And thats complete bullshit about WWE not being concerned with NJPW because WWE pull talent from all shows where New Japan's affiliated promotions like Rev Pro are involved.

An example is that WWE pulled all NXTUK talent from Southside's show this week, a show that would mark the end of the promotion as the Rev Pro owner is taking over. As soon as they found out he was involved the WWE talents were pulled. This isnt a one time thing this has happened a bunch. They've also cancelled matches that were organized for WWE talents against New Japan wrestlers in indie promotions.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Yep. They were better than the men at the time. Best womens wrestling you'll ever see, if you watch their matches now they still hold up. Manami Toyota and Akira Hokuto especially. Japanese wrestlers are trained differently and it shows

An example

Kawada, Kobashi, Taue, Misawa, Tsuruta, Tenryu, Akiyama, Hansen.

R.E.D.

What? Omega was already in New Japan, he stayed because he wanted to become champion. Why are you lying? :lol::lol::lol:
What am I exactly lying about? I said everyone has offers from everywhere. Kenny Omega much like every other hot superstars outside of WWE had an offer from them every time his contract was up. When did I ever said Omega never had an offer from WWE? I said the last offer they made was an unusual and special one and that had a reason, stop them from going to AEW.

And you said WWE wanted Omega, Cody, Bucks and Page and I said it was because they wanted them and made special offers to them to stop AEW to happen because Khan wouldn't start it without those guys. You brought up NJPW and said the offer was made before they met Khan which is incorrect.

And by the way, they wanted Adam Page for NXT not main roster.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Adam Page is like a CAW default character. Bland, bland, bland.

Saw on Reddit that Riho has been wrestling since she was 9. That's a bit fùcked up and so will her body be in a few years if Paige is any indication.

Ekeke

What am I exactly lying about? I said everyone has offers from everywhere. Kenny Omega much like every other hot superstars outside of WWE had an offer from them every time his contract was up. When did I ever said Omega never had an offer from WWE? I said the last offer they made was an unusual and special one and that had a reason, stop them from going to AEW.

And you said WWE wanted Omega, Cody, Bucks and Page and I said it was because they wanted them and made special offers to them to stop AEW to happen because Khan wouldn't start it without those guys. You brought up NJPW and said the offer was made before they met Khan which is incorrect.

And by the way, they wanted Adam Page for NXT not main roster.
They met Khan after All in. They had offers before that

Yagami

Good post resistant
Smackdown's ratings are in, 888k. So AEW Dynamite beat it this week with 963k. Ouch
Was just going to post this :lol:

Fox wanted around 3 million :lol:

It's safe to say that, prior to striking a deal with the WWE, they really had no idea how crap this company has become.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Adam Page is like a CAW default character. Bland, bland, bland.

Saw on Reddit that Riho has been wrestling since she was 9. That's a bit fùcked up and so will her body be in a few years if Paige is any indication.
Apparently so. JR has mentioned it on commentary a few times.

Ekeke

Was just going to post this :lol:

Fox wanted around 3 million :lol:

It's safe to say that, prior to striking a deal with the WWE, they really had no idea how crap this company has become.
Agree, although its also to do with being on FS1 this week. Its still in 84 million homes and only 888k people watched... And thats with Flair and Hogan who usually help with ratings.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So, from I've read, SmackDown have lost 3.1 million viewers in 3 weeks, and apparently Hogan, Flair, Lesnar and Cain were all promoted for the last ep, too.

Renegade

He didn't, he accidentally kneed him in the groin.

I guess it works for a pro wrestling heel though so cool I guess. :lol:
Agree, although its also to do with being on FS1 this week. Its still in 84 million homes and only 888k people watched... And thats with Flair and Hogan who usually help with ratings.
That’s with Brock and Cain too? I’m
Gobsmacked at that rating.
almost as shocked as the Uk Raw rating.

I wonder if the amount of wrestling available right now is hurting these numbers. There’s just too much.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lost 3 million viewers? How many did it have 3 weeks ago?
Premiered on Fox with 3.9 million. Following week was 2.9 million, then 2.4 and 888k this week.

It'll be back to 2-ish million next week after baseball, awful sport, is over. If it's over, I don't know how it works.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Premiered on Fox with 3.9 million. Following week was 2.9 million, then 2.4 and 888k this week.

It'll be back to 2-ish million next week after baseball, awful sport, is over. If it's over, I don't know how it works.

It's always surprised me, how few viewers some TV shows in America get. 4 million was good? That's less than shit like EastEnders gets in the UK.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's always surprised me, how few viewers some TV shows in America get. 4 million was good? That's less than shit like EastEnders gets in the UK.
To be fair, the soaps over here are usually one of the most popular things on TV here I believe. I can't remember the last UK series (bar stuff like the X factor, I'm a celebrity, British bake off,etc) to take off with 10s of millions of viewers like stuff like The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, etc in America.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
To be fair, the soaps over here are usually one of the most popular things on TV here I believe. I can't remember the last UK series (bar stuff like the X factor, I'm a celebrity, British bake off,etc) to take off with 10s of millions of viewers like stuff like The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, etc in America.
4 million people in the US watched the most recent season opener of Walking Dead.

In the UK, 6 million people watched the most recent season opener of Peeky Blinders.

What are Americans watching? There's 5 X as many of them!

Yagami

Good post resistant
4 million people in the US watched the most recent season opener of Walking Dead.

In the UK, 6 million people watched the most recent season opener of Peeky Blinders.

I didn't know the ratings had dropped so much for TWD! I haven't watched that in years.

A show called "Black Jesus", that was on at 12am, had more viewers than SmackDown!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Repeats of cop shows like NCIS and that shite. Apparently they do giant numbers. The oldies love it.

Sylar

Read SD wasn't on fox but on fs1? So drop was expected but probably not that much

Its a bad number if fox promoted that change a lot but next week is more important to WWE, as it should bounce back

Yagami

Good post resistant
Read SD wasn't on fox but on fs1? So drop was expected but probably not that much

Its a bad number if fox promoted that change a lot but next week is more important to WWE, as it should bounce back
It was.

The likes of Meltzer and Alvarez still predicted SmackDown to do around 1.5-1.7m, and the change of channel was known as Fox were - apparently - bringing it up during most of the other shows on the network, so, even though a drop was expected, one this big certainly wasn't!

Also, even though FS1 isn't as big as Fox, it's still available in around 89m homes in America.