Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Yagami

Good post resistant
My God...

I'm just watching this Ant and Dec ancestry show on ITV and Dec's related to Dixie Carter :lol:

They just looked her up on YouTube and the first thing they see is Bubba Ray putting her through a table :lol:

paulscholes18

My God...

I'm just watching this Ant and Dec ancestry show on ITV and Dec's related to Dixie Carter :lol:

They just looked her up on YouTube and the first thing they see is Bubba Ray putting her through a table :lol:
:lol:
Remember that, back when TNA was on challenge

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't know why they had to do the MJF turn straight away... Missed out on some good TV with MJF trying to explain his actions, earning Codys forgiveness before fecking him over.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed the last 3 matches. All great in their own way.

Some nice chemistry in the women's title match (that tilt a whirl backbreaker :eek:).

The drama from Cody's face plant onto the ramp and MJF turning heel.

Classic brawl between Kenny and Mox. :lol: @ people thinking it was too much. I think the worst bump must have been the one Kenny took on the wood from the top turnbuckle at the end. The barb wire trampoline was risky too but everything else looked perfectly safe. Good clean fun.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Oh Santana and Ortiz are awful. Santana tbf looks like he has done potential but that other dude, nah.

SCU suck as well. Who decided to make them champion's?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't know if I can go back to WWE after watching the Moxley-Omega match.

Whether I watch AEW from now on I'm not sure because I'm not really invested but it's fired the same thing in me that got me into WWF back in the day. The sheer stupid brutality and spectacle from the spots, pops and the weapons. I didn't know what was gonna happen next and I can't remember the last time I watched a wrestling match and thought that.

It feels like it used to. Surprising and unknown.

I know it isn't but it feels like it used to.

WWE is so horribly tepid and predictable, every damn week it's the same shit.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
That match wasn't that bad. The barb wire is a little un-nerving at times, but knowing it is cut/twisted in a way that makes it a little better/safer. I've seen far worse, even in WWE itself.

Was entertaining at least

Ekeke

I don't know why they had to do the MJF turn straight away... Missed out on some good TV with MJF trying to explain his actions, earning Codys forgiveness before fecking him over.
Probably because it was weird to have perhaps the best heel in the business as a face in the first place. I guess they wanted him to do a heel turn on tv to try and get him over early so they could do the big program with Cody. But he could have just come in straight away as a heel

Ekeke

I don't know if I can go back to WWE after watching the Moxley-Omega match.

Whether I watch AEW from now on I'm not sure because I'm not really invested but it's fired the same thing in me that got me into WWF back in the day. The sheer stupid brutality and spectacle from the spots, pops and the weapons. I didn't know what was gonna happen next and I can't remember the last time I watched a wrestling match and thought that.

It feels like it used to. Surprising and unknown.

I know it isn't but it feels like it used to.

WWE is so horribly tepid and predictable, every damn week it's the same shit.
Pretty much. The main roster at least has a pattern and each indie star they call up has to work inside their restraints, all the matches end up feeling similar and 95% of the time you know both wrestlers are holding back and dont look like they're giving their all to compete and win a match.

Thats not the case for NXT though, nor NJPW, AEW and the indies. Its just a main roster thing. Everywhere else you can really see people putting their bodies on the line and giving it all they have, win, lose or draw.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That match wasn't that bad. The barb wire is a little un-nerving at times, but knowing it is cut/twisted in a way that makes it a little better/safer. I've seen far worse, even in WWE itself.

Was entertaining at least
Yep. Pretty much any Mick Foley match on PPV in the attitude era.

Sylar

Probably because it was weird to have perhaps the best heel in the business as a face in the first place. I guess they wanted him to do a heel turn on tv to try and get him over early so they could do the big program with Cody. But he could have just come in straight away as a heel
Yeah, him coming as Cody friend was a bit weird as there wasnt anything outside that made him seem like one. Even for new people, he just looked like a bad guy pretending to be a good guy.
But him being a heel now makes the most sense and it was done really well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was - but they started with it so they could have kept the charade going for a bit longer. Just think we missed out on some good tension/promo from MJF and Cody to really build up

It was like the Owens/Jericho relationship... everyone knew that at some point they were going to turn on each other, but the more they built it up the better it was.

Ekeke

The new Being The Elite is out. Backstage at Full Gear which is episode 179

Not everyone will like this. But without a doubt this series is part of The Young Bucks and The Elite's success.

Usually there are some funny bits, occasionally its a bit over the top for my tastes. But hey at least its wrestlers doing their own stuff instead of being scripted by a team of writers and then not sounding like themselves. Basically a mix of behind the scenes updates, documenting what happened, and some comedy bits

Ekeke

I don’t know about you, but I for one was thinking it’s about time we had another fake pregnancy storyline :houllier:
Its almost as if Mike Kanelis asked for his release during the last one, and so rather than scrap it, WWE decided lets just do it again with someone else. Annoying

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't like Rusev so I'm happy that this storyline will kill him off as any kind of serious threat. Aiden English worked overtime to get him over and what happened when English disappeared? Fans stopped caring and Rusev was taken off TV.

Lana is an Instagram pair of tits influencer with a side gig in WWE. Offers nothing.

Yagami

Good post resistant
CM Punk's just returned to the WWE.

Not as a wrestler (yet) but for that talk show thing they have.

Sylar

More a return to Fox (I believe it says Fox has signed his contract not WWE). But its a WWE backstage show.

That show is weird. They openly talk about the Lana storyline and how it needs to end / not good. But im guessing Punk can say pretty much what he wants and not have any issues then?
Punk is a good talker and you can tell he likes doing the analyst stuff (eg with MMA)

Sylar

Paige is fine when she doesnt shout 'or talk loud'. Its a bit Ott

Bwuk

Would love Punk to sign a contract and go to NXT. It'd kill the AEW and the Young *****.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
She's not brilliant. Can have a good match with the right opponent but there are a ton of women who are better in the ring. Even some of the older formerly useless ones have caught up to her.
Big difference to not brilliant and semi-ok though, isn't there?

Who are these formally useless ones who have caught up to her btw?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People forget just how young she is. Just turned 27. Look at Becky and Charlotte who are peaking at 32/33. Even though Paige had been wrestling for a long time she was still getting better before she went off a cliff with Del Rio and then the injury finished her off.

She was decent/good, could've been great.

Sylar

Her match with Emma was great and obviously got eyeballs on women in NXT. Her stuff with AJ around the divas stuff was great. She had a great look too. She was more than decent, she was good. Obviously some of the ones that have come in are better now.