Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Maybe semi ok was the wrong word to use. And i'd say Nikki Bella caught up to her by the end and Naomi to an extent.
Nikki Bella was not at any point on the same level as page.

As a matter of fact, "semi-ok" would sum up Nikki Bella to a tee.

And Naomi has always been pretty accomplished. Odd post.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

As a matter of fact, "semi-ok" would some up Nikki Bella to a tee.

Always thought Nikki Bella was underrated. The giant tits and twin gimmick counted against her for internet fans to give her credit.

One of the best forearm smashes in wrestling. No joke.

Mystry

Friendship is magic

As a matter of fact, "semi-ok" would some up Nikki Bella to a tee.

Go back to Naomi's funkadactyl phase and when she was hanging around with Tamina and during team bad. She wasn't good at all. She could have ended up being left behind once more and more NXT women were called up but she improved loads once the brand split happened. She's still nothing special but solid enough to be useful.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol: Can't believe people exist that actually have such tunnel vision allegiance to one company. So weird.
Especially when WWE literally think - and treat - their fans like idiots. They have zero respect for them but, incredibly, they still have a cult following.

Sylar

Yeah wanting aew to be dead is pretty strange even if you're a fan of something else. It's like all those who wanted TNA to fail just to laugh at them
And then go back to saying how bad WWE is / was

Yagami

Good post resistant
Going back to the Omega-Moxley match, this is what I find silly about Omega. He makes light of the business, doesn't take kayfabe seriously, etc, but puts himself through a match like that.

It's different for Mox, and the likes of Foley and Funk in past eras, as they took it seriously and it showed in what they were willing to do in the ring so you bought into it. With Omega, having wrestled a little girl, a blow up doll, and has told people not to take it seriously, it makes his decision to put himself through that type of match crazy quite frankly.

Ekeke

Going back to the Omega-Moxley match, this is what I find silly about Omega. He makes light of the business, doesn't take kayfabe seriously, etc, but puts himself through a match like that.

It's different for Mox, and the likes of Foley and Funk in past eras, as they took it seriously and it showed in what they were willing to do in the ring so you bought into it. With Omega, having wrestled a little girl, a blow up doll, and has told people not to take it seriously, it makes his decision to put himself through that type of match crazy quite frankly.
You work for your audience. DDT is a wacky comedy promotion. Minoru Suzuki has done comedy matches there. He's perhaps the most serious worker in the business in NJPW.

Omega wrestled the young girl in Stardom, he didnt even know it was being taped. Thought it was just a dark match. He was asked to have a match and he accepted

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean he came out on the last 5 seconds with nobody knowing, so weird post whether you see it as a positive or negative.
Yeah, Punk had literally zero effect on the Backstage number for this week.

Next weeks number will show his affect (I reckon they'll do around 250k)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Props to Mia Yim. Serious bumps in that ladder match. Crashing through the ladder is probably the most brutal women's spot in WWE that I can remember.

Ekeke

Props to Mia Yim. Serious bumps in that ladder match. Crashing through the ladder is probably the most brutal women's spot in WWE that I can remember.
That was more dangerous than the Omega and Moxley match. Apparently she isnt injured, I hope thats true. But if you're going to do that shit save it for Takeover or a main roster pay per view.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Got another ladder match next week :drool:

Was a surreal spot but still doesn't make me squirm as much as a Darby Allin coffin drop on any hard surface.

Ekeke

After a week in which NXT came its closest to beating AEW since the beginning of the Wednesday Night Wars, AEW Dynamite ratings were up 16 percent from last week, averaging 957,000 viewers.

Dynamite finished fifth for the night on cable in the 18-49 demo, averaging a 0.43 rating in that important category. That number is up 22 percent from the previous week.

NXT on USA Network was down eight percent in total viewers, averaging 750,000 viewers. In the 18-49 rankings, they finished 22nd on the night with a .25 rating. That's down 17 percent from last week.

AEW beat NXT in every demo except for persons over 50, which is the case most weeks. NXT had an edge of 0.35 to 0.29 in that demo.

Dynamite was strongest in the males 18-49 category, with a 0.55 rating, almost doubling NXT's 0.32.

The AEW number was almost identical with where the show finished on October 23. The NXT audience has grown eight percent from that date, which is likely the effects of the current angle involving the NXT invasion of Raw and SmackDown leading into Survivor Series.

Here's a look at the AEW and NXT ratings since the beginning of the Wednesday Night Wars:

I'm not surprised NXT is down after last week with the excitement of the 3 way angle and the suggestion that something will happen on NXT at the end. Very healthy for AEW after a good pay per view. I wonder how many people bought it

Castia

I’ve stopped watching WWE it’s fecking shite. RAW and Smackdown are a complete mess it belongs on MTV. Barely a wrestling show these days and more a celebrity teen drama.

Had a few issues with AEW this week too. Good show again but it was botchamania at times, way too many mistakes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You work for your audience. DDT is a wacky comedy promotion. Minoru Suzuki has done comedy matches there. He's perhaps the most serious worker in the business in NJPW.

Omega wrestled the young girl in Stardom, he didnt even know it was being taped. Thought it was just a dark match. He was asked to have a match and he accepted
Comedy matches is one thing. Foley did them, too. Though I don't think he ever wrestled a child or a blow up doll. Blatantly saying this shit is fake, don't take it seriously, and then putting his body through that - as good a match as it was - is just crazy.
AEW: 957k

NXT: 750k

Really good for AEW. They were almost level last week.
That's impressive considering NXT have brought big stars over to the show recently.
Its like I've been added to the Nielsen group chat coming into this thread.
Imagine if we had this thread during the Monday night wars :drool:

Ekeke

Comedy matches is one thing. Foley did them, too. Though I don't think he ever wrestled a child or a blow up doll. Blatantly saying this shit is fake, don't take it seriously, and then putting his body through that - as good a match as it was - is just crazy.

That's impressive considering NXT have brought big stars over to the show recently.

Imagine if we had this thread during the Monday night wars :drool:
I dont know if Foley ever worked in a comedy wrestling promotion. I'm not talking about a WWF comedy match, I'm talking about a promotion who's audience wants to see a mix of silly stupid stuff like wrestling a blowup doll, combined with the athletic and sporty style of Japanese wrestling. I'm sure if he worked there he'd have done the same.

And there are far more "serious" wrestlers that have taken Joey Ryan's dickflip. For example Ken Shamrock and Cody have both done it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't think you'll see a worse opening to a show than this week's Smackdown.

I am finished with that show. Fox have been sold a pup.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Personally thought all the main shows other than NXT were meh this week. Nothing to write home about.

Andersons Dietician

I think I maybe watched 20 minutes of this weeks Smackdown. It’s just dross with very little stories anywhere. Until that mass brawl I was beginning to think the woman’s division on there was just Sasha, Bayley and Nikki cross. They really need Alexa back soon.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Lana and Rusev's current story is basically WWE as a whole at the minute. fecking appalling television.

Ekeke

Overnight ratings are in for last night's SmackDown on FOX -- and the show averaged 2.35 million viewers. The first hour averaged 2.445 million viewers, with the show dropping to 2.255 million for hour number two.

Viewership was down 10 percent from last week. This is the lowest number SmackDown has done on FOX since moving to the channel.

In the 18-49 demo, SmackDown averaged a 0.7 rating, which tied the October 18 episode for the lowest FOX number. In 18-35, SmackDown averaged a 0.4, their lowest number in that demo on FOX. The demo numbers were down 18 percent and 33 percent respectively from last week.

The demo ratings were first on network TV, though they did tie CBS' Hawaii 5-0 in both categories, the first time any network show has matched SmackDown's demo ratings.

In terms of total viewers, SmackDown finished behind every show on the major networks, except for ABC's Fresh Off the Boat, which did 2.335 million viewers.

Here's a look at SmackDown's ratings since moving to FOX:

Renegade

Are Fox going to be happy with those numbers? It’s surely only going to get worse.

I don’t think the Fiend character is going to stay hot for long.

Andersons Dietician

I’d actually forgotten the fiend was the champion. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Smackdown title becomes a nothing belt as well like the Raw title is with Lesnar. Brey never seems to wrestle ever.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't say I'm surprised SmackDown lost viewers again. Having some NXT geek beat Bryan clean - with no build might I add - the prior week was never going to go down well.

Ekeke

Are Fox going to be happy with those numbers? It’s surely only going to get worse.

I don’t think the Fiend character is going to stay hot for long.
Apparently they wanted 3 million viewers per week consistently. So no they wont be happy if they dont turn it around. Could end up with Smackdown on FS1 each week at this rate. But we'll see what happens

Ekeke

Tony Khan killing it on the twitters.
:lol:

Meanwhile Trips is making another desperate play for winning the wednesday night war. That was full blown idiot-proof advertising for both main rosters to turn up on NXT, so if they dont beat AEW this week and hit near the 1 million mark its going to be bad

Renegade

Why the hell did Punk feel the need to tag Tony Khan in his post?

I do wish AEW would ignore WWE completely though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol:

Meanwhile Trips is making another desperate play for winning the wednesday night war. That was full blown idiot-proof advertising for both main rosters to turn up on NXT, so if they dont beat AEW this week and hit near the 1 million mark its going to be bad
Orton's response was so weak, too. :lol: He's come out looking like silly here.

Khan's taking no prisoners. Brandi Rhodes was even enjoying Khan's tweet to Orton.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why the hell did Punk feel the need to tag Tony Khan in his post?

I do wish AEW would ignore WWE completely though.
He probably wants to stir up some more interest in his return. I don't know about you, but Punk's return already seems to be yesterday's news in the wrestling world. I expected a bigger buzz for his eventual return, to be honest. I guess it didn't help returning on a show nobody watches, but still.

Ekeke

He probably wants to stir up some more interest in his return. I don't know about you, but Punk's return already seems to be yesterday's news in the wrestling world. I expected a bigger buzz for his eventual return, to be honest. I guess it didn't help returning on a show nobody watches, but still.
It was such a lame comeback anyway. He came out on a show nobody watches, didnt seem to have the aura of a superstar about him and then said "Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the culture".

Now was he referring to Jordan Myles and suggesting he's going to talk about that whole situation on the show? Because I'm 90% sure he wont be doing that. If not, did he just fluff his line?

I expect the show will get an extra 250k viewers and have like 350k this week just to see how much of a shill he is, or how real he is.