Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Crap AEW again saved only by the last segement with Jericho/Mox.
Legit got me because I actually thought he'd joined them for a second :lol:

Need to be careful because those 2 are carrying the promotion at the minute, not helped when they're consistently burying their best tag team (The Lucha Bros). There's just too much content that isn't working. Who cares about The Dark Order, The Nightmare Collective (one of the lamest things I've seen), Christopher Daniels and fkin Marko Stunt? The womens division is a sideshow too.

Might be being a bit harsh but this is like kids tv stuff after a diet of NJPW world.

Bwuk

Crap AEW again saved only by the last segement with Jericho/Mox.
Legit got me because I actually thought he'd joined them for a second :lol:

Need to be careful because those 2 are carrying the promotion at the minute, not helped when they're consistently burying their best tag team (The Lucha Bros). There's just too much content that isn't working. Who cares about The Dark Order, The Nightmare Collective (one of the lamest things I've seen), Christopher Daniels and fkin Marko Stunt? The womens division is a sideshow too.

Might be being a bit harsh but this is like kids tv stuff after a diet of NJPW world.
AEW is trash. It's something that the fanbase are desperate to take off and do well, but it's just not happening.

Bringing back DDP and Dr Luther. I mean ffs.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
AEW is trash. It's something that the fanbase are desperate to take off and do well, but it's just not happening.

Bringing back DDP and Dr Luther. I mean ffs.
Looks that way at the moment. Shame because last weeks was a great show and I thought they'd start to iron out the kinks but seems not. Very much a case of one step forward and two steps back.

Just speculation but I think there might to be too many people with their iron in the fire behind the scenes. Somebody needs to tell Brandi that she's terrible and killing every show for starters. Omega and The Bucks seem reluctant to push themselves which I can understand but ultimately it's detrimental to the promotion. Everything seems a bit of a mess right now.

Bwuk

Looks that way at the moment. Shame because last weeks was a great show and I thought they'd start to iron out the kinks but seems not. Very much a case of one step forward and two steps back.

Just speculation but I think there might to be too many people with their iron in the fire behind the scenes. Somebody needs to tell Brandi that she's terrible and killing every show for starters. Omega and The Bucks seem reluctant to push themselves which I can understand but ultimately it's detrimental to the promotion. Everything seems a bit of a mess right now.
They need to take any sort of booking responsibility away from the Elite & Tony Khan. Get someone in to do it.

Omega should of been pushed as the star from the start.

Sylar

I dont get the big appeal about Brandi. I get shes Codys wife and all, but why is she off doing her own thing. Shes a heel right? But then Cody is a face. Anytime ive seen her, she doesnt have that 'wow' factor. Yes shes good looking, but shes not a great actor or a great promo imo. For me she doesnt have that 'oh wow, shes a star, and now associated with somebody else, so they can be a star too'

Yeah i dont like the AEW womens division. Its too meh. I also think they went into some of the 'comedy' or 'entertainment' aspects waay to quickly. And they are lacking 'stars'. Everytime on commentary JR would say 'Bucks are the best tag team' or 'Omega is considered the best' but then there was a big period where they were just losing every single match.

Cody, MJF, Mox and Jericho are the best things about the show.

Ekeke

Dont disagree with too much of the AEW comments at least about this week's show. First match was good with Omega and Page, and the Rhodes vs Lucha Brothers was very good. Then the last segment was very well done, even if we knew it was coming at some point. Havent watched NXT but it didnt sound appealing

Ekeke

947k for AEW this week, very good rating. Havent seen info yet on NXT but it would be surprising (although good for wrestling) if they beat that.

R.E.D.

Couldn't watch Wrestle Kingdom live this year which is a big big regret. Better than last 2 years for sure. Kazuchika Okada is absolutely the greatest wrestler I've ever seen and he's just 32 years old (I had the same opinion before he turned 30). Everything about him is just glorious. The story telling in the match against Ibushi was just brilliant, brilliant.

As a diehard NXT fan there is no one that I want there more than Will Ospreay. The guy is just too good, too good. He makes everything looks so easy. Just love see him in action.

Glad to see Naito get his moment. I was so shocked two years ago when he didn't win. Now he has his moment. I just hope they give Ibushi his moment in the future. No one deserve that more than Ibushi.

Renegade

Why the hell does Cody need a manager? Couldn’t AA be used for someone like Page especially with the horse link.

No need for DDP to be beating anyone up in 2020. I really want to like AEW but can’t get behind someone of their decisions.

Ekeke

Why the hell does Cody need a manager? Couldn’t AA be used for someone like Page especially with the horse link.

No need for DDP to be beating anyone up in 2020. I really want to like AEW but can’t get behind someone of their decisions.
He has a connection with Cody being a family friend for so many years.

DDP was one of the big stars on WCW / TNT. So its like when WWE brings an old legend back for a match or two. When WWE brings back the old guys and humiliates them it does nothing for ratings, but if they show that they are still relevant then they can help with ratings now and again.

NXT has RAW and Smackdown stars to come over and pop a rating. AEW doesnt have that and are gonna find it hard to compete with that. So they need to find things like this instead

Having said that I did feel this week had way too much of the older guys. I can understand what they want to do with DDP, but I dont understand it when they have Daniels wrestling and Jericho in the main event angle. DDP and Jericho on the same show was enough, I think the Daniels part was too much

Sylar

When does WWE brig back old guys and humiliate them? if anything, WWE brings them back, makes them humiliate the current crop, then those old guys disappear and WWE is left with the younger useless talent for the rest of the year.

One thing AEW does is assume everybody watches stuff that isnt on TV. Its a mistake and confusing.

AEW also seems to have too many similar dark stables - and i swear the story for each one is they want to recruit somebody.

Ekeke

When does WWE brig back old guys and humiliate them? if anything, WWE brings them back, makes them humiliate the current crop, then those old guys disappear and WWE is left with the younger useless talent for the rest of the year.

One thing AEW does is assume everybody watches stuff that isnt on TV. Its a mistake and confusing.

AEW also seems to have too many similar dark stables - and i swear the story for each one is they want to recruit somebody.
Nasty Boyz, Dudleys, RVD's most recent run, Kurt, Bret's angle with McMahon, WWE's NWO and so on

AEW's stables are different enough if you are looking at them in detail, but if you come at it from a point of view where you don't care about the show and the stables, they arent going to grab you as being that different

Nightmare Collective is Brandi and mostly women apart from one guy who's reveal this week fell flat. A guy relevant in FMW in like 1994 or something. They're collecting hair from fallen enemies, I'm guessing they're going in like a voodoo direction with Brandi and Kong to make Kong a supernatural monster heel.

The Dark Order are a stable led by the former Super Smash Brothers from PWG but now known as The Dark Order. Losers recruited with the promise of the grass being greener with them with cult-like elements and advertising thats a bit original for wrestling and made them far more interesting than when we first saw them. Mostly just guys with gimp masks though. They're powerful due to numbers but their leader hasnt been revealed yet and they lack the big name who could challenge right at the top with their help. But it seems like thats where they're heading - things seem to point in the direction that the reveal will eventually be Matt Hardy or Marty Scurll, both would instantly make their group far better.

And The Butcher & The Blade were hired by MJF to take out Cody. They did that and he's going to continue using them. So they're more like the APA - hired guns

They all have dark colours, thats true and again if you arent willing to look for the details that seperate them I can completely see why you'd be a bit confused. Especially when the Nightmare Collective and Butcher & The Blade appeared on the same show iirc.

I will say though that The Butcher is cool. Dont care about the other guy

The Butcher is also a guitarist in the band Everytime I Die

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Butcher has a good look for a villain. Tough looking bastard but a bit eccentric.

He's wasted being paired with a gimp and a stripper.

Sylar

Nasty Boyz, Dudleys, RVD's most recent run, Kurt, Bret's angle with McMahon, WWE's NWO and so on

AEW's stables are different enough if you are looking at them in detail, but if you come at it from a point of view where you don't care about the show and the stables, they arent going to grab you as being that different

Nightmare Collective is Brandi and mostly women apart from one guy who's reveal this week fell flat. A guy relevant in FMW in like 1994 or something. They're collecting hair from fallen enemies, I'm guessing they're going in like a voodoo direction with Brandi and Kong to make Kong a supernatural monster heel.

The Dark Order are a stable led by the former Super Smash Brothers from PWG but now known as The Dark Order. Losers recruited with the promise of the grass being greener with them with cult-like elements and advertising thats a bit original for wrestling and made them far more interesting than when we first saw them. Mostly just guys with gimp masks though. They're powerful due to numbers but their leader hasnt been revealed yet and they lack the big name who could challenge right at the top with their help. But it seems like thats where they're heading - things seem to point in the direction that the reveal will eventually be Matt Hardy or Marty Scurll, both would instantly make their group far better.

And The Butcher & The Blade were hired by MJF to take out Cody. They did that and he's going to continue using them. So they're more like the APA - hired guns

They all have dark colours, thats true and again if you arent willing to look for the details that seperate them I can completely see why you'd be a bit confused. Especially when the Nightmare Collective and Butcher & The Blade appeared on the same show iirc.

I will say though that The Butcher is cool. Dont care about the other guy

The Butcher is also a guitarist in the band Everytime I Die
I mean I was talking about one offs rather than WWE butchering storylines

But the bolded part is an issue. If you have to go into that much detail to explain the subtle differences, it's not a good thing. It's total defence rather than realising the issues that surround it

Ekeke

I mean I was talking about one offs rather than WWE butchering storylines

But the bolded part is an issue. If you have to go into that much detail to explain the subtle differences, it's not a good thing. It's total defence rather than realising the issues that surround it
Its an issue for grabbing a new audience that are just trying the product, but if you are watching because you enjoy the show you can notice the differences despite the similar colour theme.

Sylar

Its an issue for grabbing a new audience that are just trying the product, but if you are watching because you enjoy the show you can notice the differences despite the similar colour theme.
It's an issue for some who watch the show too and want to enjoy it as well.
As I said there's a difference in obvious Vs full on defence

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Literally have women from all major organisations (bar impact) calling out Tessa for being a cnut.

An absolute shame, was hoping to see her against Charlotte at mania one day. Couldn't care less now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Literally have women from all major organisations (bar impact) calling out Tessa for being a cnut.

An absolute shame, was hoping to see her against Charlotte at mania one day. Couldn't care less now.
Cnut is understatement. Calling a black woman the n-word and spitting in her face? That makes Lar's stuff seem tame in comparison.

Ekeke

So I'm seeing the posts here before seeing whats going on with Tessa. Before I go look at it, I'll just say that I havent been a fan of her as a person since a tour a few years ago with Stardom. She was doing their annual 5 star tournament, their version of NJPW's G1 tournament and NXT UK wrestler Isla Dawn was also in the tournament, although going by a different name at the time. All I know is that Isla Dawn and Tessa Blanchard got into a fight and Isla Dawn left and went back to Scotland, sacrificing her place in the tournament. So I imagine that it wasnt a pleasant experience on Isla Dawn's part if that was her reaction.

Now shortly after that, I remember watching a match where Tessa was in the ring with former Stardom champion and soon to retire Kagetsu. And Kagetsu was no selling her stuff and making her look bad. When I saw that I assumed Kagetsu was teaching her a lesson due to the timing

What do you know, I open twitter and its the first thing on my feed :

Bwuk

Tessa will end up in AEW and this will all be forgotten about.

WWE wouldn’t touch her.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Tessa will end up in AEW and this will all be forgotten about.

WWE wouldn’t touch her.
While her dad does work there, a couple of their female roster have slagged her off too.

WWE have done worse things ...
Think they passed on her a few times because of her issues. Apparently got bumped from the MYC early because she was causing problems.

Last edited:

Ekeke

AEW is positioning themselves as "not like WWE" and far more progressive than a wrestling company 30 years behind the times that pretends its helping to deal with social issues.

They are big Tessa Blanchard fans, but I think working with her now would be a big blow for them. It would completely ruin the idea they're trying to suggest about AEW and alienate a lot of the people that believe them now.

Also I would imagine that Kenny Omega would be able to verify what happened very easily with his connections in Japan and Joshi wrestling and hes in charge of the women so... Yeah.

As someone who has never been particularly impressed with her, despite all the hype she's had over the past couple of years I can't say I really care that she has blown her big opportunities now. As far as I'm concerned we just missed out on more average matches that people will pretend are something outstanding.

Bwuk

AEW is positioning themselves as "not like WWE" and far more progressive than a wrestling company 30 years behind the times that pretends its helping to deal with social issues.

They are big Tessa Blanchard fans, but I think working with her now would be a big blow for them. It would completely ruin the idea they're trying to suggest about AEW and alienate a lot of the people that believe them now.

Also I would imagine that Kenny Omega would be able to verify what happened very easily with his connections in Japan and Joshi wrestling and hes in charge of the women so... Yeah.

As someone who has never been particularly impressed with her, despite all the hype she's had over the past couple of years I can't say I really care that she has blown her big opportunities now. As far as I'm concerned we just missed out on more average matches that people will pretend are something outstanding.
While her dad does work there, a couple of their female roster have slagged her off too.
Like Cody cares. He’s booked her before and none of this will be new information.

The AEW women’s division is a joke and they could do with a star like Tessa, even if she is disliked.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Sad to read that La Parka II has now died after sustaining horrible injuries in a match with Rush last October.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Like Cody cares. He’s booked her before and none of this will be new information.

The AEW women’s division is a joke and they could do with a star like Tessa, even if she is disliked.
I get your point, but his wife's black.

That said I'm pretty certain they're like God siblings or some shit.