Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Bwuk

AEW talking about Shad, and in the main event doing a drowning spot.

That awful title.

Tyson yawning and looking bored.

Cody booking himself to go over.

What a night!

Renegade

Cody really booked himself into a corner by not being allowed to compete for the world title. His clearly a main eventer and shouldn’t be completing for this title.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They did well for the atmosphere. That was really well done.

After that everything else wasn't the greatest.

The ladder match is inherently flawed. Someone comes in every two minutes but you can win at anytime? Hypothetically you could hit your finisher straight off the bat and win the match before anyone else comes out.

That belt is grim.

Brodie Lee kicking out of what, 3 paradigm shifts in quick succession? I understand trying to build someone up but that's not the way imo.

4/10 overall.

Fener1907

That awful title.

What a night!
Bwuk with another anti-AEW post. Add it to the other 200 in this thread.

Bwuk

Bwuk with another anti-AEW post. Add it to the other 200 in this thread.
Here’s the thing, I’m not anti AEW.

I really used to like Being The Elite, but the online pandering to everything they do and saying it’s great when it’s really not put me off.

The online hype and fanbase is the worst thing about AEW. How can anyone think the drowning spot was a good idea?

paulscholes18

That awful title.

What a night!
The stadium match was pre recorded, might have been done before Shad’s death

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I enjoyed the stadium match, was just a good lark... And once again shows that in this current climate there's nothing wrong with having your top guys do comedy shit.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I enjoyed the stadium match, was just a good lark... And once again shows that in this current climate there's nothing wrong with having your top guys do comedy shit.
This is true. Didn't mind the main event at all. Just goofy shit.

Seem to remember some not being a fan of this type of shit being in the main event though. Comedy show or summin like that.

Fener1907

Here’s the thing, I’m not anti AEW.

I really used to like Being The Elite, but the online pandering to everything they do and saying it’s great when it’s really not put me off.

The online hype and fanbase is the worst thing about AEW. How can anyone think the drowning spot was a good idea?
I agree with you about the online pandering. There's nothing wrong with taking into consideration how fans are reacting and what they want, but AEW looks to be trying a bit too hard to be the opposite of WWE in that respect. Cody clearly has a disproportionate amount of sway and that won't always be a good thing.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Have to say, regardless of opinion on the pov, fair play to everyone putting it together. It's a tough time in the world and been a particularly tough week in wrestling, so I think that deserves some recognition.

Ekeke

MJF Vs. Jungle Boy was incredible. Top quality storytelling and they both showed they're as athletic and capable as anyone else in a ring. Both a match of the year candidate and an instant classic

Ekeke

Very happy that AEW not only had a Shad Gaspard moment, but also a Hana Kimura moment on the show. And also very happy that they used that moment to spread a positive message.

Andersons Dietician

Found myself watching some old promos today mostly of Cm Punk and Cena but came across this murder broadcasted live.

”Congratulations it took you 5 years to cut a halfway decent promo but now I’m about to shrink you down to size”

Reigns should be a heel.

Ekeke

Hana Kimura tribute with some of her career footage on Battlemen, including her as a kid watching her mother wrestle and then going on to wrestle her mother

A fanmade Hana Terrace House tribute

English word game from when she briefly worked in America with Ring of Honor

And heres a clip of the Stardom girls goofing around with Hana

And lastly a very nice tribute video someone called Craig Nixon made

Last edited:

Sylar

Saw Raw (skipped bits of it)
But its million times better with some type of crowd. WWE really should have done this much sooner like WM (especially after seeing how it worked with AEW). The plexi glass was good idea too.

Joe on commentary is awesome. So much better than Lawler.

WWEs booking of Drew has been great. First time in ages I can remember a face champion being used like a champion rather than an idiot.

They have ruined Kevin Owens haven’t they. He beats Seth then to lose to Garza. What are they playing at?
Im mixed on this. I like garza and think hes awesome. But yeah, KO just returned from after his Seth win at mania. Hes got no direction.

Catching up on AEW. Lagged so far behind on that. Jericho has been awesome on commentary however.
Ive been liking AEW a lot (though seen images of that TNT title and it looked like a joke).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Shocked to see the revival show up in AEW...

In all seriousness, this has been what they've wanted and it'll be interesting to see if they can live up to the hype now the 'shackles are off'.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just saw the Mike Tyson bit on AEW.

Him failing to rip that t-shirt was a bit embarrassing.
Vitor Belfort looked like a beach bum.
Rashad Evans looked homeless.
I expected Henry Cejudo to slide in under the ropes like a woman wrestler.
Chris Jericho will always be a legend.
Mike Tyson cannot act for shit :lol:

AshRK

Saw some action from Raw after a long time. Seth Rollins is being booked really well. This week segment with him demanding black to keep the chair down was so well done. Brilliant heel work.

Liked the drew/lashley brawl. Although I would have kept this feud for later date. Too soon if you ask me. Cannot see drew losing the title this soon and if you have lashley lose now it makes him look weak. Maybe a dq would be the way to go and have them continue the feud till summerslam.

Andersons Dietician

Just watched Smackdown and the whole section from a moment of Bliss till the end of the Sasha vs Bliss match was awesome. Nikki on commentary with Bayley. Cole and Greaves could barely keep it together.
Then.... Oatis and Mandy and that dream sequence :lol:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I actually really liked the opening of Smackdown... Just felt very different to the usual fare, and all the guys interacting in the back felt way more natural then the normal WWE scripted segments.

Sylar

I actually really liked the opening of Smackdown... Just felt very different to the usual fare, and all the guys interacting in the back felt way more natural then the normal WWE scripted segments.
It was quite funny
From the 'Jeff Hardy... Does anybody know who that is'
To the cop sniffing something? Beer bottle? Maybe I mistook that ha

Also the
"Stand back ma'am this is a crime scene"

sewey89

Yeah, I thought it was good. Some people on twitter were going mad about it. Jeff has obviously given his consent and it's obviously going to lead to a pretty big storyline

Bwuk

Yeah, I thought it was good. Some people on twitter were going mad about it. Jeff has obviously given his consent and it's obviously going to lead to a pretty big storyline
I actually think there’s a chance Jeff ends up challenging for the Universal title in the coming months.

sewey89

I actually think there’s a chance Jeff ends up challenging for the Universal title in the coming months.
Yeah. Wouldn't surprise me. Especially with Braun being the 'eye witness'. Every chance he wins it too to cement this comeback story that they're going to build towards

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Chris Jericho has gone down in my estimations. Quite gutted about that actually.

Sylar

People who reply with all lives matter really do miss the point

Even Orton now understands it

I don't think some of these are hateful people, they just miss the point or need further education

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think in Chris's case he's just a bit dim. He posted something about the flu statistics at the start of the pandemic too before hastily deleting it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Jericho is the classic example of it walks like a duck, swims like a duck etc.

He tries to portray this position of "Oh, I just to want to hear all sides of the story" but when you're getting Corona hoaxers and Trump's son on your podcast and then the All Lives Matter stuff then it's not hard to see what he really is. Cody Rhodes is no better. Another nasty MAGA head.

Anyway, Jaxson Ryker didn't take long to upset his new main roster colleagues...

Annihilate Now!

Scout
People who reply with all lives matter really do miss the point

Even Orton now understands it

I don't think some of these are hateful people, they just miss the point or need further education
Agree, though by now it's harder to excuse people who say all lives matter as simply just missing the point and not having more sinister intentions... its such a dumb thing to say at this point.

sewey89

Jericho is the classic example of it walks like a duck, swims like a duck etc.

He tries to portray this position of "Oh, I just to want to hear all sides of the story" but when you're getting Corona hoaxers and Trump's son on your podcast and then the All Lives Matter stuff then it's not hard to see what he really is. Cody Rhodes is no better. Another nasty MAGA head.

Anyway, Jaxson Ryker didn't take long to upset his new main roster colleagues...

What a fecking weapon.

Sylar

Is it scary, that the first thought after seeing the Ryker post is that Vince will make him a tag champ by pinning Kofi with his knee across his neck? :nervous:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is it scary, that the first thought after seeing the Ryker post is that Vince will make him a tag champ by pinning Kofi with his knee across his neck? :nervous:
Surely Vince isn't that out of touch right?

..........right?

Sylar

Surely Vince isn't that out of touch right?

..........right?
Would you be surprised or shocked at all? And it probably wont happen cos ... it wont. It cant.
But if it did, it wouldnt even make the top 10 list of worst things hes done which says a lot.