Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

Sounds like she was fired because she refused to do her job on the way out. Her contract was meant to be expiring anyway.

Where have Roman and Sami been made to look like villains for not working? Roman will be back in the main event when he returns and Sami won the Intercontiental title in his last match. Literally looking for reasons to be mad.
Social media especially lots of fans of WWE. Plus the IC title tourny wasnt seen as interim (like they did with CW)
Ill be surprised if Sami gets a shot (but would be cool if he comes back and says hes the real IC champ like HBK did back in the 90s)

And dont need to look for reasons to be mad. I mean WWE is a scum company. Theres no defending that. The whole testing thing shows it as much.

Ekeke

Said it back in January. She'll be in AEW before the years over.

Cody will 100% sign her.

A swing and a miss. Its impossible for AEW to sign her as they cant continue their image as progressive if they sign a wrestler recently accused of being racist, even more-so with the current climate

WWE can though because its obvious that their fans will accept anything and still watch. They didnt even suspend Randy Orton when he said the N word on a livestream on twitch 6 months ago

Bwuk

A swing and a miss. Its impossible for AEW to sign her as they cant continue their image as progressive if they sign a wrestler recently accused of being racist, even more-so with the current climate

WWE can though because its obvious that their fans will accept anything and still watch. They didnt even suspend Randy Orton when he said the N word on a livestream on twitch 6 months ago
Progressive? Complete PR bs to sell the product to their fanbase.

Cody and The Bucks are both big right wingers.

All lives matter Jericho.

Jack Swagger. Etc etc. Come off it. How many minorities are holding titles in AEW?

Ekeke

Progressive? Complete PR bs to sell the product to their fanbase.

Cody and The Bucks are both big right wingers.

All lives matter Jericho.

Jack Swagger. Etc etc. Come off it. How many minorities are holding titles in AEW?
Even if it was, they'd have to ignore her to continue it else their fanbase will be pissed at them. Would literally put the company under

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Thing is, is Tessa even worth it? WWE has already got more talented women than they know what to do with. I also thought they passed on her after the first MYC because she's difficult. A few years maybe but I don't see it anytime soon.

Ekeke

Thing is, is Tessa even worth it? WWE has already got more talented women than they know what to do with. I also thought they passed on her after the first MYC because she's difficult. A few years maybe but I don't see it anytime soon.
No. She's a pretty good worker sure, not the best but good. And she falls out with everyone

Ekeke

If Tessa signs for AEW before the end of the year @Ekeke should get a tag saying "I adore Vince McMahon. WWE4EVA."
What does a tagline have to do with anything? I'd probably just not watch the shows anymore for quite a while. Not going to put a timer on it, but I'd lose all respect for them and consider them carny as f like some other companies

paulscholes18

Non title match between Strowman & Wyatt in a Wyatt swamp match, I have enjoyed the pre recorded matches the WWE have had, hopefully this will follow suit, strange it’s a non title match though

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Non title match between Strowman & Wyatt in a Wyatt swamp match, I have enjoyed the pre recorded matches the WWE have had, hopefully this will follow suit, strange it’s a non title match though
Possibly because they wouldn't want Wyatt to lose in his "own setting"?

Still no excuse really... They should just give the title to Bray if that's the case. Braun is a terrible champ.

Sylar

Well braun beat Bray decisively previous PPV. Logically Bray doesn't deserve a title match (not that logic has ever been used)

Andersons Dietician

I thought the same thing. It was slick as hell.

More women need a big impact finisher like that. Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Shayna, Asuka all got submissions.
Yeah it was super smooth as well with no hesitation whatsoever. She must be deceptively strong.

I think you’re right though, as soon as she did it I was like ok wow, something different and watched it a couple of times.

Ekeke

Yo when did Peyton Royce get good? That kick to twisting brain buster thing was sweet.
Always been able to pull off some good moves.

Probably suffered from being thrown in with Billie Kay all the time, she has a comedy style where I think shes trying to be entertaining rather than a legitimate threat. And the tag team obviously has an emphasis on character and talking, but yeah shes always done some good stuff in the ring at times.

New move was great

Andersons Dietician

Always been able to pull off some good moves.

Probably suffered from being thrown in with Billie Kay all the time, she has a comedy style where I think shes trying to be entertaining rather than a legitimate threat. And the tag team obviously has an emphasis on character and talking, but yeah shes always done some good stuff in the ring at times.

New move was great
I never saw them on NXT as I’m a faireweather fan of wrestling but normally when they were on Smackdown they did always seem to only win by stealing wins with very little wrestling. So I guess I just had the impression they were a bit crap but since they’ve both returned been some good things in some of the matches.

Theyve always been good at being annoying in promos I guess and they play well to the crowd. Just enjoying seeing the progression in a lot of the woman’s matches.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Billie is one of the funniest people in wrestling, if not the funniest. She's got natural comedic timing that stands out a mile from normal WWE acting.

Ekeke

I never saw them on NXT as I’m a faireweather fan of wrestling but normally when they were on Smackdown they did always seem to only win by stealing wins with very little wrestling. So I guess I just had the impression they were a bit crap but since they’ve both returned been some good things in some of the matches.

Theyve always been good at being annoying in promos I guess and they play well to the crowd. Just enjoying seeing the progression in a lot of the woman’s matches.
Yep fair enough.

I've been nice to Billy with that description above, a lot of people just say shes bad but I can see shes trying to sell in funny ways and be entertaining rather than trying to be serious and just being really bad. But yeah, they have a lot of personality together but Peyton is a decent worker as well, glad to see shes able to show it sometimes. In NXT I remember she used to do a fisherman's suplex and the three amigos 3 suplex combination. I guess im the opposite to you and saw more of her on nxt than on the main roster

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
AEW showed the best and worst of "shoot" promos last night.

MJF's "This is a ratings war, ladies and gentlemen" was the most cringeworthy line in wrestling in years. And war is being very generous when it's two shows scrapping to 600-700k viewers every week.

On the other hand, Tazz's "We don't run a sloppy shop" was a great zinger.

Bojan11

The ratings of wrestling in general are tanking.

I remember when low 3 ratings used to be bad for Raw. Now it barely gets 2. I don’t think wrestling should be using corona as excuse. Having no fans is shit. But it was pretty much one of few live programmes and everyone was at home.

Cena did a pretty good job carrying for as long as he did because ever since he’s left full time the ratings have tanked.

Ekeke

Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus Vs MJF and Warlow was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant tag match for the opener of fyter fest

b82REZ

I've tried to get into AEW a few times and I just don't see the appeal.

They're clearly targeting the smarky audience but some of the content feels very Russo.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I've tried to get into AEW a few times and I just don't see the appeal.

They're clearly targeting the smarky audience but some of the content feels very Russo.
It's the WCW nostalgia fest that put me off. Yeah I get Dusty had a big hand in a lot of it and Cody wants to pay homage etc. But Dusty came up with a lot of shit ideas too and a lot of WCW was an absolute mess, especially looking back now. Maybe it's tonned down now, i haven't watched properly for a good while, but it just kept giving me bad vibes, especially hearing Tony Schiavone voice.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus Vs MJF and Warlow was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant tag match for the opener of fyter fest
Haven't watched it for 3 weeks but I'll give this a go.

I think wrestling, like football, is missing a great deal without a live crowd.

Ekeke

Haven't watched it for 3 weeks but I'll give this a go.

I think wrestling, like football, is missing a great deal without a live crowd.
I agree, but AEW has done a decent job considering. I havent seen the whole show but so far that opening tag and the Shida Vs. Ford match were good. Cody and Hager was better than expected tbh but not the best match of the show.

For me the main thing that I miss during covid with AEW is the feeling that anything could happen, or that they could make a big signing that shakes things up. Obviously we had Cage come in and make an impact, but he was already signed months ago so it wasnt much of a surprise. With Covid the chances that something big signs and makes a big impact are slim

b82REZ

T
It's the WCW nostalgia fest that put me off. Yeah I get Dusty had a big hand in a lot of it and Cody wants to pay homage etc. But Dusty came up with a lot of shit ideas too and a lot of WCW was an absolute mess, especially looking back now. Maybe it's tonned down now, i haven't watched properly for a good while, but it just kept giving me bad vibes, especially hearing Tony Schiavone voice.
Its like they're using WCW's play book from the Monday Night Wars.

Constantly referring to "the other company" and trying to come across as holier than thou.

I hope they can move on from the we must battle WWE at all times and just focusing out carving out their own niche. Gone are the days of millions tuning in every week and trying to force a rating wars feels contrived.

Keefy18

I mean does WWE suck for having Vince McMahon, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Randy Orton, Velveteen Dream and Matt Riddle? Each having either beat their wife, been accused of sex with underaged people, rape or saying the N word live on twitch.
What the fudge did Foley do?

He hasn't beaten his wife, been accused or sexual abuse or said the N word that I'm aware of?

Keefy18

Angle Amoroso claimed that he (and 20+ others) had sex with her while she was underaged
Yeah and I'm pretty sure it was said to be absolute rubbish! That woman seems utterly deranged if I'm honest. A quick google search and there's headlines of her sleeping with every old age, ugly fart in the business.

Last edited:

Sylar

This is why its dangerous to have trial by social media. I mean you now have people throwing Foley into a line of names for the sake of playing 'whataboutism'. Very dangerous.

Being accused is one thing, being proven is another.

Keefy18

This is why its dangerous to have trial by social media. I mean you now have people throwing Foley into a line of names for the sake of playing 'whataboutism'. Very dangerous.

Being accused is one thing, being proven is another.
Exactly, I'm really not for it at all.

I've absolutely no doubt some of the claims are sadly very true and justified. However there are also so many women that do unfortunately cry rape and will jump on band wagons.

FFS, some of these claims are coming from new, faceless twitter a/c's and dropping names left, right and centre from what I've seen.

Ekeke

They are all allegations. Foley has had allegations he didnt respond to. The woman tried to confront him about it in real life though, what more do you want someone to do? You can report it to the police, you can confront someone - these things dont mean its true but if its not you're putting yourself in an elevated position before you fall off the cliff and it turns out you were lying.

The only ones that arent allegations are those that went through with charges, or those that were admitted.

Sylar

Sure, they can do that. But youre using it as a stick to beat WWE with, which is very low, and as a way to defend or deflect from AEW?

Ekeke

Sure, they can do that. But youre using it as a stick to beat WWE with, which is very low, and as a way to defend or deflect from AEW?
I love WWE. Or, I loved it. What it is now is not what it once was. Its more like WCW when I still watched that in its final few years, whilst also watching WWE.

No obviously nobody is as petty as you are suggesting. Maybe you? I mean thats where assumption comes from, the brain of the individual making it.

If someone slept with underaged kids it doesnt matter if they are in WWE or AEW. And it doesnt matter if it was in the 80s or today.

Its actually incredibly pathetic that you defend it and your reasoning is that its WWE.

Edit - And the best thing about it is Foley didnt just work for WWE. He worked for WCW and ECW among others. The allegations are against him from when he was working in ECW. So if a company were being held responsible it wouldnt even be WWE, it would be ECW. Another level where what you're saying makes even less sense than you think it does

Sylar

Nobody is defending WWE. But there was a post directed at AEW, your first response was to say 'what about WWE'. You went to deflect. Everybody can see it.

You get aggressive and defensive for AEW by going directly on the offensive against WWE.

You say if a company were being held responsible it wouldnt be WWE, but your own post had the whole 'whataboutism' regarding WWE and bringing up Foley. Youre the one who is point scoring using Foleys name to point the finger at WWE.

The funny thing is you think youre this high intellect that is above everybody else which makes your posts even funnier to read when you go right to defending AEW / Bashing WWE. One isnt dependent on the other, but you fail to realise that.

Ekeke

Nobody is defending WWE. But there was a post directed at AEW, your first response was to say 'what about WWE'. You went to deflect. Everybody can see it.

You get aggressive and defensive for AEW by going directly on the offensive against WWE.

You say if a company were being held responsible it wouldnt be WWE, but your own post had the whole 'whataboutism' regarding WWE and bringing up Foley. Youre the one who is point scoring using Foleys name to point the finger at WWE.

The funny thing is you think youre this high intellect that is above everybody else which makes your posts even funnier to read when you go right to defending AEW / Bashing WWE. One isnt dependent on the other, but you fail to realise that.
I brought up cases of other wrestling companies using people who have done much worse than use the word rape inappropriately.

WWE have used Foley since the allegations of course but hes accused with several other ECW stars of doing it, so I think it clearly damages them more than WWE

If I was "bashing WWE" it would be weird for me to post defending Peyton and Billy Kay. Its almost as if I see both the good and bad and say both