Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

Meltzer being a sycophantic cnut as usual. Comparing Will Ospreay and the abuse (fully deserved abuse) he got to Hana Kimura.

He really is a cancer to wrestling. Cannot stand the man.

People are being shitty.

The reason there is a difference is fans went a little overboard blaming just the cyber bullying. A lot of Hana's strife was from the contract with Fuji TV and they wouldnt let her leave the show without paying for production costs. She told them she literally said "I feel like dying" in some of the footage they have and they still re-showed the episode so she got a 2nd wave of harassment shortly before she killed herself

Her mother Kyoko is taking on Fuji TV. Apparently Bushiroad who own both Stardom and New Japan Pro Wrestling told Kyoko that it would be a bother to hold Fuji TV responsible so they didnt help at all, so that stinks too. This thread translates an article with details about what really went on with Fuji TV

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"Mental health struggles" my arse. I fully dismiss them. He got caught in a blatant lie, got out of dodge until the heat died down and now he's back with this "depression" bullshit. I don't buy it for a second.

Mental health should be taken seriously but there is also some who think they can use it as some kind of shield shield which I'm convinced Ospreay is doing.

Ekeke

"Mental health struggles" my arse. I fully dismiss them. He got caught in a blatant lie, got out of dodge until the heat died down and now he's back with this "depression" bullshit. I don't buy it for a second.

Mental health should be taken seriously but there is also some who think they can use it as some kind of shield shield which I'm convinced Ospreay is doing.
He's talked openly about it before when none of this was going on like 6 months ago. He also personally knew Hana, hung out with her while Bea would be having matches so it hasnt been a nice couple of months I'm sure.

Bwuk

100%.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Was that the start of a Kenny Omega heel turn this week? Tbh I think all the Elite should be heels in AEW, especially Cody who I'm beginning to detest.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Was that the start of a Kenny Omega heel turn this week? Tbh I think all the Elite should be heels in AEW, especially Cody who I'm beginning to detest.
Maybe.

Imo what they should do and maybe what they are doing, is putting Hangman with FTR. So maybe Omega and Hangman fall out during a title shot for FTR and they win the title, then Page joins them.

I would have suggested Hangman screws Omega to join with FTR, but it does seem like Omega is the one who might be turning heel so screwing him wouldnt make any sense. I guess the idea might be to have Page join FTR + 1 more (I'd consider maybe The Butcher) and have the new 4 horsemen led by Tully.

Some people have suggested Cody should be in the new 4 horsemen but I dont like that as his dad would be the one feuding against the horsemen not part of them.

If they did make the new 4 horsemen face, with Omega heel then yeah it would make sense for all of the Elite to be heels to give the 4 horsemen matches that people want to see against The Elite. They do have the inner circle but we all know the interest is in FTR vs the bucks and kenny

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Maybe.

Imo what they should do and maybe what they are doing, is putting Hangman with FTR. So maybe Omega and Hangman fall out during a title shot for FTR and they win the title, then Page joins them.

I would have suggested Hangman screws Omega to join with FTR, but it does seem like Omega is the one who might be turning heel so screwing him wouldnt make any sense. I guess the idea might be to have Page join FTR + 1 more (I'd consider maybe The Butcher) and have the new 4 horsemen led by Tully.

Some people have suggested Cody should be in the new 4 horsemen but I dont like that as his dad would be the one feuding against the horsemen not part of them.

If they did make the new 4 horsemen face, with Omega heel then yeah it would make sense for all of the Elite to be heels to give the 4 horsemen matches that people want to see against The Elite. They do have the inner circle but we all know the interest is in FTR vs the bucks and kenny
Yeah I can see that happening. Page clearly has to be the face though and Kenny is much more interesting as a heel. Should have a decent singles run together. Still think Kenny will take the title off Moxley and then it will probably end up with Page if we follow it through logically.

I don't like that FTR have come in and jumped the queue on the Lucha Bros either. Those guys are too good to be treading water in the tag team division.

Ekeke

Re : Ospreay

As someone who has to manage mental health carefully there is nothing worse in my opinion than the many people who try to gatekeep who is and isnt allowed to be going through depression and having a bad time with their mental health. It can be successful people, or unsuccessful people, it can be people who did something wrong or the victim who was innocent. It can be anyone.

Nobody is saying you have to like Will Ospreay because he's depressed. But going on twitter and throwing hate at him, or saying you hope he dies is fecked up especially when he's obviously not well right now. Hana was targetted because in the view of a lot of losers online she did something wrong in Terrace House. Sure, it turns out the production team were telling her to slap him etc. But all the hate was poured on her because people decided she did something wrong and they should get pitchforks out and harass her online about it. In their eyes she was guilty, just like it seems Ospreay may have some guilt with the Pollyanna situation.

Just because someone makes a mistake doesn't mean they should have people telling them to die, or that they never get a chance to show they can do better in the future. I guarantee everyone who posts hate about him or someone else has also made some fecked up mistakes and wouldnt be okay with people telling them to die over it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
And just because someone mentions mental health doesn't mean they have a pass on being called a cnut. It isn't an automatic shield.

If he's skeezy enough to blackball a woman who was raped then lying about mental health issues certainly isn't below him.

Ekeke

And just because someone mentions mental health doesn't mean they have a pass on being called a cnut. It isn't an automatic shield.

If he's skeezy enough to blackball a woman who was raped then lying about mental health issues certainly isn't below him.
Lets look at the pros and cons

Pros

If we say okay he's having a tough time and dont post hate about him on twitter, we might get bored as its something to do during lockdown.
We don't get "fooled" if hes lying... Which changes what exactly? If it turned out he was lying, would you feel like shit or something?

Cons

If we say he's lying and harass him online maybe he ends up killing himself like Hana and Etika. And you're part of the reason why he did it. You'd be more guilty than Will is with Pollyanna
What happens then? Is it time for the pitchforks and twitter witch hunt to come after you until you do the same thing? And then the people who did that have the same happen to them

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think comparing him to hana leaves a bad taste in the mouth whatever your opinion on him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Moxley = ratings.

Unsurprising considering he's the best booked / put together star they have... But still.

Ekeke

Stop strawmanning.

You're going straight to "I want him dead" which is idiotic.
No I'm not, I'm talking about the people posting hate towards him and telling him to die on twitter. Not you commenting here. But you did say it shouldnt give him a shield - from the twitter brigade it should.

Sylar

Yeah I can see that happening. Page clearly has to be the face though and Kenny is much more interesting as a heel. Should have a decent singles run together. Still think Kenny will take the title off Moxley and then it will probably end up with Page if we follow it through logically.

I don't like that FTR have come in and jumped the queue on the Lucha Bros either. Those guys are too good to be treading water in the tag team division.
Yeah, reckon he has that James storm likeability to him. IMO Page looks a better star than Kenny based on what weve seen in AEW. Though I agree with you about who will beat Moxley for the title. Reckon they will bring up the unsanctioned match, and Kenny will win the 'sanctioned' one.

IM wondering if they ever go back with Lucha Bros and Pac when Pac returns.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, reckon he has that James storm likeability to him. IMO Page looks a better star than Kenny based on what weve seen in AEW. Though I agree with you about who will beat Moxley for the title. Reckon they will bring up the unsanctioned match, and Kenny will win the 'sanctioned' one.

Same could be said for half the roster.

AEW Kenny is WCW Bret :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Yeah same. Could they start a trio's division? Death Triangle, Best Friends, The Elite, Dark Order, Jurassic Express, SCU...etc

Ekeke

Gallows and Anderson giving insight to their leaving NJPW, joining WWE and turning down the chance to be on the first ever Dynamite and resigning with WWE

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Zero time for those two. Boring as hell. They got a job because they were AJ's mates and coasted on that for years.
Personally I think they're victims of bad creative and Vince McMahons ego.

They had the good brothers, AJ and Balor all signed and didn't pull the trigger. Could have had some fantastic storylines and wrestling with all involved.

And simply as a tag team, creative could have done more with them. If you're not new day or the usos you get pretty much feck all from creative even when holding titles.

Ekeke

Zero time for those two. Boring as hell. They got a job because they were AJ's mates and coasted on that for years.
Yes, pretty much what they said. Wanted to leave NJPW to come to the states and were even considering TNA, then AJ said WWE wants him and they got to come along. But they did turn down big angles on AEW and in NJPW to take the WWE money.

In the ring I dont really rate them, but I think they're decent talkers and they come across well on stuff like this podcast. Probably just let them be themselves with a mic

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Joey Ryan denying all the allegations against him. Bold move considering the sheer amount of women who accused him...

But he is allowed to defend himself. I watched the entire thing out of curiosity since he said he had evidence to disprove all allegations. The "evidence" is all DMs and texts with the women involved, before and after alleged incidents.

There are certainly some ones I find odd, like the first set of DMs and texts he addresses. There was an exchange where he seeks consent, she gives consent and is happy that he looked for consent. The same woman had to retract allegations against Trent Seven.

But how much weight can you give you DMs and texts? No-one knows what happens behind closed doors.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Some good matches, but the hype about a mystery opponent for the main event could have been better than Rich Swann.
Good to see the Machine Guns back
Was weird. I for the entire show thought it was EC3 nailed on. They had Swann do a promo in crutches so you're never thinking it's him then bang, it's Swann.

Like, it was an interesting way to do it, but if they had just left it at Eric Young that would have sufficed.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Rollins and Rey was peak wrestlecrap. Wasn't even so bad it's good. Just fecking shit.
I actually really liked it! Finish was always gonna be one for the lols but the match itself was pretty good imo.

Minkaro

The end of Asuka/Sasha would make TNA at its worst blush.
I’m sure they’ll sort it out on RAW (Asuka still champ), but in terms of tonight it felt like a massive anticlimax to the match. I was expecting another ref to come out, not for it to just end.

paulscholes18

This Strowman v Bray match is absolutely bonkers don’t think I could want anything better from a pre recorded match, the more bonkers the better if you ask me.

Ekeke

Wow, so WWE actually murdered someone via drowning in the main event. Very respectful to Shad Gaspard

Last edited:

Bwuk

Wow, so WWE actually murdered someone via drowning in the main event. Very respectful to Shad Gaspard
I think it's pathetic and disrespectful to Shads memory that you are going out the way to to link the two actually.

You didn't seem to have an issue with AEW doing a drowning spot about 2 days after Shad died.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
At this point I'm inclined to think Ekeke is actually a wum, for which I say bravo he's done us all.

These days I actually look forward to his posts, they're a good laugh.

That however, is a dick move.

Ekeke

Have you seen it?

It's not really "drowning" at all... and it's all quiet clearly supernatural.
What do you mean not really drowning? The fight's climax was all about trying to fight each other in the water and surviving, both go in, The Fiend comes out and Braun didnt. He went into the water, he didnt come out

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What do you mean not really drowning? The fight's climax was all about trying to fight each other in the water and surviving, both go in, The Fiend comes out and Braun didnt. He went into the water, he didnt come out
Because he got swallowed up by the Fiend, not because he drowned. He wasn't gasping for air or anything, he popped up once and then got dragged down... I mean the water literally turned Red.