Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

How is that WWE now. Please give some examples.

All the guys in the top spots in AEW are ex-WWE....????? Ambrose and Rhodes are near 40. Kenny Olivieri must be mid 40s. Jericho is 50 at least. Who are the new young stars!?!
Orange Cassidy - main evented with Jericho and gets ratings 36. He's new and different, but 36 is around prime age for a wrestler till 40s.
Shida - Womens champ 32
FTR - Tag Champs 33 and 36
MJF - just had the main event with Moxley 26
Darby Allin - 27
John Moxley - World Champ 34
Cody Rhodes - 35
Hangman Adam Page - 29
Kenny Omega - 36
Sammy Guevara - Jericho's tag partner, has main evented Vs. Hardy 27
Jake Hager - 38
Brian Cage - 36
PAC - 34
Wardlow - 32
Young Bucks - 35 and 31
Rey Fenix and Pentagon - 29 and 35
Nyla Rose - Former womens champ, 38

Riho - First womens champ, 23

Not sure on Santana and Ortiz' age

Older that still main event at times -

Brodie Lee - TNT champ 40
Lance Archer - 43
Chris Jericho - 49
Matt Hardy - 45
Dustin Rhodes - 51 (his first title shot is coming up)
Emi Sakura - 43

Those would be the main eventers, and people in and around the main event

They are still building :

Jungle Boy - Has a win over the main heel MJF, he's 23 and most likely the future is those 2
Luchasaurus - His tag partner, another big guy who can do lots of stuff 35
Private Party - I think they're both mid 20s, have a win over the Young Bucks
Ricky Starks - Cant find concrete info but seems to be mid 20s to 30
Kip Sabian - 28
Anna Jay - Just joined the Dark Order as their first female member and choked out Brandi, 22
Tay Conti - Anna's tag partner in recent tournament, seemning also joining Dark Order faction that have the TNT title, 25
Britt Baker - 29
Penelope Ford - 27
Kris Statlander - 25

On WWE's side -

Roman Reigns - Universal Champ 35
Drew McIntyre - WWE Champ 35
Asuka - Raw Womens Champ 38
Bayley - Smackdown Womens Champ 31
Jeff Hardy - Intercontinental Champ 43
Bobby Lashley - United States Champ 44
Street Prophets - RAW Tag Champs, cant seem to find it. Seem to be mid 20s maybe
Nakamura & Cesaro - Smackdown Tag Champs, 40 and 39
Nia Jax & Shayna Baezler - Womens Tag Champs, 36 and 40
R-Truth - 24/7 (comedy) Champ - 48

Otis - Money in the bank contract, 28

Randy Orton - 40
AJ Styles - 43
Braun Strowman - 37
Bray Wyatt - 33
Seth Rollins - 34
Daniel Bryan - 39
Rey Mysterio - 45
Sheamus - 42
Kevin Owens - 36
Sami Zayn -36
Dolph Ziggler - 40
John Morrison - 40
Kofi Kingston - 39
Big E - 34
Sasha Banks - 28
Matt Riddle - 34
MVP - 36
Shelton Benjamin - 45
Apollo Crews - Was US Champ, had some momentum, 33
Mickie James - 41
Natalya - 38
Murphy - 31
Ricochet - Doesnt seem to be going anywhere, 31
Ali - Doesnt seem to be going anywhere, 34
Andrade - Has been US Champ, now in a tag team with Garza. You'd think he'll continue up the ranks as Charlotte Flair's husband, 30
Xavier Woods - 34
Angel Garza - 27
Cedric Alexander - 31
Elias - 32
Humberto Carrilo - 24
Shorty G - 34
The Usos - 35
Tamina - 42
Mandy Rose - 30
Bianca Belair - 31
Liv Morgan - 26
Ruby Riot - 29

Assuming she comes back at some point Becky Lynch - 33
Charlotte Flair - 34

Older guys who come in and have been in the main event angles this year :

Big Show - 48
Christian - 46
Edge - 46
Goldberg? - 53
Brock Lesnar - 43
John Cena - 43

WWE obviously has some younger roster members, the problem is Vince giving them a push, it lasting more than 2 or 3 weeks without deciding that they failed and seeing them on the same level as these people above. AEW have given the newer faces that people wouldnt have seen on national television before Dynamite more (big wins, main events, higher profile feuds) in the short time its been around than most of these guys got in several years in WWE.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Meltzer is the IndyKaila of wrestling. That people take his word as gospel and treat his star ratings as sacred text is fecking sad and hilarious in equal measure.

Ekeke

Meltzer is the IndyKaila of wrestling. That people take his word as gospel and treat his star ratings as sacred text is fecking sad and hilarious in equal measure.
His star ratings certainly shouldnt be considered the be all and end all. Its supposed to be more of a fun thing. I don't think he's miles off often, but I would certainly dispute a bunch of his ratings. I'm pretty sure he has a bias towards Charlotte Flair for example, perhaps because he's such good friends with Ric.

But when it comes to news, particularly news in the US, Meltzer has a better record and sources than most. He also had a friendship with McMahon during the time period above and regular conversations with Vince trying to keep him onside. So he A) knows the man, and how he books/does things and B) is in contact with others who also know and work with him.

Sylar

All the guys in the top spots in AEW are ex-WWE....????? Ambrose and Rhodes are near 40. Kenny Olivieri must be mid 40s. Jericho is 50 at least. Who are the new young stars!?!
I mean if you're going to use cornettes insult at least get it right?

Sylar

WWE is the land of the aged. It's basically turned into WCW

If you watch their WCW Monday night wars documentary, everything they accuse WCW of doing which put them out is what they are doing now
The only difference is the huge tv deals

I get if you don't like aew but I don't understand basically basing it on cornettes thoughts and actually using the same terminology he uses
Cornette is stuck in the past and doesn't understand the world in 2020

Sylar

Dominik Mysterio is great. Wonder if WWE gonna try get aaliyah in too

Did find if funny that Shane held the door open for KO to enter raw underground then about 20 mins later Shane is commentating inside and tells Aleister Owens is on his way there :lol:

I really like how they've used McIntyre,l and lashley for most of the year.

Nxt super Tuesday tonight. Should finally get a new champ. Could see them going for Finn though am wondering if / when we see Demon back.

Ekeke

The Go-Big Show with Snoop Dog, Rosario Dawson, Jennifer Nettles and Cody as judges. AEW star going mainstream? TNT must believe.

Sylar

Felt like a tna impact moment with a former WWE guy debuting and talking indirectly about the former companies ceiling and such...

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thought they were avoiding picking up ex WWE stars but here we are. Should be noted that bar the women's champ, all their champions are former wwe champions

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd be very interested to see rusev in AEW. Good for him.

Last edited:

Sylar

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd be very interested to see rusev in AEW. Good for him.
Same, I think hes a good pickup too. From the mass firings WWE recently had, I think AEW only picked up four or five people (including a ref). And its been spaced out so its not the worst thing. But I get your point with the current champs.

Re: Rusev/Miro I also thought his delivery was good, its just the content...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
All Ex WWE.

Conti was announced yesterday as well. Moxley as their world champ, Lee as their mid-card champ and those two generic create-a-wrestlers as their tag champs.

Do AEW have any idea on presentation? Big debut and he walks out in a Mickey Mouse t-shirt plugging his Twitch.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
All Ex WWE.

Conti was announced yesterday as well. Moxley as their world champ, Lee as their mid-card champ and those two generic create-a-wrestlers as their tag champs.

Do AEW have any idea on presentation? Big debut and he walks out in a Mickey Mouse t-shirt plugging his Twitch.
To be fair, I think signing people like Moxley, The Revival and Rusev makes sense... they're quality/entertaining acts who have shown they can get very over and/or put on very good matches. I think they should start skipping the Zach Ryder's, Ty Dillenger's of the world though... that's very much an old TnA kinda thing to do.

Amazing they've still not done that much with Omega (relatively speaking)... you'd have thought he'd be their biggest star by now.

PeteManic

And now Rusev in AEW mud show shit with a crap name and crap everything.

So embarrassing.

Sylar

Ty and Zack were always going to be hired as Codys friends. Not saying whether thats right or wrong, but was always going to happen.

As long as they make Allin, MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy.G and Hangman their biggest starts soon.
Sammy.Gs natural story is to turn on Jericho eventually imo (but Allin should rise at the same stage as him).
Jungle Boy and MJF kinda need to have on / off feuds but MJF winning the title by end of year / start of next year would be good.
Hangman does his stuff with Elite / Omega.

Omega should have been A star but its basically like he was hired by WWE (altho he would be main eventing NXT rather than midcard in AEW)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Rusev was always going to go to AEW, and I think thats a move that suits both parties. Although it did look like he'd just arrived from the beach with an hours notice.

I did like him in WWE, but I think he was criminally overrated. As I did with the Revival and Luke Harper.

They seem to be the guys who AEW are itching to snap up, the ones who twitter decides is underused in WWE. They won't go for Brock, AEW, because the smarky fans don't like him.. Or at least thats how it feels to me. Would be interesting if they'd go for Roman was he ever to be released, i'd suspect not.

Whereas people like Cesaro, Naomi would be snapped up almost immediately I think.

I don't know, it just feels like they're pandering to 'expert fans' who claim to be superior because they 'understand' wrestling better than people who like John Cena, Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman

R.E.D.

They are getting the guys that WWE didn't use them right and they are using them right. What's the problem?

Ekeke

Matt Cardona isnt signed, he's just doing some shows like Jeff Cobb did. He may sign... I wouldnt want that based on his matches so far. Jeff Cobb I would want to sign.

Rusev is a no brainer. Someone who was popular with WWE's 50+ audience, while the 50+ audience is where AEW has much lower ratings. Its also funny when fans of WWE who watch the shows regardless of their lack of quality complain about another company signing someone who was popular in WWE. Oh no now I have to watch, thats somehow bad for AEW. People like Tye Dillinger... Thats more of a problem... I mean he's in good physical shape but the best thing he has going for him is that he's married to Peyton Royce which is impressive for him.

AEW are supposed to be getting their 2nd (main) show fairly soon. I guess thats why they feel they can still sign a few people, the roster is getting too big for 1 main show + dark.

Conti has a lot of potential, did very well against Nyla.

Sylar

I like conti and would like to see her grow.
They are getting the guys that WWE didn't use them right and they are using them right. What's the problem?
Guess this depends on their short term and long term impact on helping aew grow

R.E.D.

Guess this depends on their short term and long term impact on helping aew grow
Well I think we can say so far so good. Jericho and Moxley have been great for them as a main eventer. And most of the other guys that are ex WWE guys have been good on the midcard. And Rusev is just great. I think we all love him.

They are just good wrestlers and characters that Vince wasted. I hope they do well in AEW.

Sylar

NXT are getting over 800k, not been getting over that since December. It’s best for both brands and fans to have them on separate nights
Of course And I agree
And I wouldn't be surprised if this is what hhh wants

But Vince? Hmmm

Ekeke

More WWE cutbacks, Sarah Stock (womens trainer) and Mike Rotunda (producer, FKA. IRS and Bray's father) among the names

Meanwhile WWE are making record profits.

Ekeke

For those that think Jericho isnt a big draw or that Sonny Kiss never has a chance to get over

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

For those that think Jericho isnt a big draw or that Sonny Kiss never has a chance to get over
I mean if you're going by quarter hour, Lee and Rhodes drew more. So you can pick and choose to fit a story, ultimately though the whole show did a great number.

Still think Moxley is the big draw for AEW though.

paulscholes18

Looking like Smackdown is WWE’s no1 show, RAW didn’t even get 1.7 million viewers Monday and smackdown had over 2.2m

Sylar

:lol: It was a great promo by Truth,

Ending to RAW was a bit strange, was that a face turn by the hurt business
I dont think it was a face turn. I think its just them being badasses. TBH, i actually enjoyed Raw. Not sure ive said that for a long time. Normally I skip a lot of raw, but there were things that intrigued me to watch.
-Ive enjoyed the stuff with the Mysterios (the daughter checking up on Murphy was interesting too)
-I kinda like Raw Underground even though its a bit scrappy at times and ultimately useless so far.
-I really enjoy the Hurt Business and think Lashley has been booked fantastically well. Do wish they would move on no instead of the never ending feud with Apollo but it looks like they are now which is good.
-Myintyre is great. Im mixed on what theyve done with Keith Lee. hes at the top level (so far) but it could have been so much better. His new music still sucks.

Wont happen, but the Show would be about 10x better at 2 hours like all other shows are.

Ekeke

Enjoyed AEW, show seemed to go by quick as a flash. But. Thats up to the main event... I always pause and wonder if I really want to make the time to watch Best Friends matches. Sometimes I do, often I just dont care. They arent for me