Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I disagree. When nobody watches your main event its obviously really bad. We can agree to disagree on that
Sure its bad, but is it dying? If they come back with a main event this week that holds a number then what? Again it's one rating for one segment (again, the overall rating is fine) ... Have to wait and see if it continues /becomes a trend. This week they have a Halloween Havoc show which they've put some promotion behind so let's see how that does before jumping to conclusions.

But mainly you really don't have to be an asshole in these discussions. They can just be normal, civil discussions.

As an aside nobody watches the main event on Raw every week....

Ekeke

Sure its bad, but is it dying? If they come back with a main event this week that holds a number then what? Again it's one rating for one segment (again, the overall rating is fine) ... Have to wait and see if it continues /becomes a trend. This week they have a Halloween Havoc show which they've put some promotion behind so let's see how that does before jumping to conclusions.

But mainly you really don't have to be an asshole in these discussions. They can just be normal, civil discussions.

As an aside nobody watches the main event on Raw every week....
Raw is 3 hours long. If NXT cant hold people for a show with all that talent signed its obviously underperforming

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
AEW's anniversary show that had a PPV card with all their titles on the line barely scraped 800k. Don't think they can be swinging their dick too much.

I see they're trying to wipe the footage of the Alex Reynolds incident from the internet too. Cornette is a fecking twat but his "outlaw mud show" phrase perfectly summed up that shitshow. What a disgrace that was.

Sylar

I see they're trying to wipe the footage of the Alex Reynolds incident from the internet too. Cornette is a fecking twat but his "outlaw mud show" phrase perfectly summed up that shitshow. What a disgrace that was.
When he was knocked out and just laid there and nobody did anything about it? Yeah, that looked bad.
AEW seems to have been pretty bad when it comes to injuries and not knowing what to do.

Matt Hardy stuff is still the worst.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When he was knocked out and just laid there and nobody did anything about it? Yeah, that looked bad.
AEW seems to have been pretty bad when it comes to injuries and not knowing what to do.

Matt Hardy stuff is still the worst.
I'd put this way beyond the Hardy stuff. The ref then had the sense to immediately stop the match but then it was restarted on someone's orders.

The ref didn't even check on Reynolds, nevermind stop the match. None of the wrestlers did anything, including the executive vice presidents of AEW. They were all stepping over his unconscious body to continue with their spots. Some real amateur backyard bullshit.

Speaking of amateur backyard bullshit, apparently this poor bastard could be facing double amputation...

Be warned, that is probably the nastiest wrestling injury you will see. It makes Sid's leg break look like a minor sprain.

Oldyella

I'd put this way beyond the Hardy stuff. The ref then had the sense to immediately stop the match but then it was restarted on someone's orders.

The ref didn't even check on Reynolds, nevermind stop the match. None of the wrestlers did anything, including the executive vice presidents of AEW. They were all stepping over his unconscious body to continue with their spots. Some real amateur backyard bullshit.

Speaking of amateur backyard bullshit, apparently this poor bastard could be facing double amputation...

Be warned, that is probably the nastiest wrestling injury you will see. It makes Sid's leg break look like a minor sprain.
Jfc.

Sylar

Fckin hell. I was expecting some stupid move in front of nobody, not just a standard thing...

Ekeke

AEW's anniversary show that had a PPV card with all their titles on the line barely scraped 800k. Don't think they can be swinging their dick too much.

I'm sure NXT would love to do 826k instead of 640k. And they would probably be able to if they ran on a different day and gave away Takeover quality matches and shows like they have done before.

But its there to keep AEW from getting another 200k viewers and get poor ratings on Wednesday instead. So they dont want to get 826k viewers more than they dont want AEW get 1k viewers. NXT's success is sacrificed to try and take AEW down a peg. Is that many people worth it? Not now, no way. Before AEW got a secure tv deal it would have helped them be less lucrative but its been done for ages now. Its just there to be petty when it would be best for everyone if NXT ran a different night. We could still compare and consider them competing, its just NXT might actually win sometimes

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm sure NXT would love to do 826k instead of 640k. And they would probably be able to if they ran on a different day and gave away Takeover quality matches and shows like they have done before.

But its there to keep AEW from getting another 200k viewers and get poor ratings on Wednesday instead. So they dont want to get 826k viewers more than they dont want AEW get 1k viewers. NXT's success is sacrificed to try and take AEW down a peg. Is that many people worth it? Not now, no way. Before AEW got a secure tv deal it would have helped them be less lucrative but its been done for ages now. Its just there to be petty when it would be best for everyone if NXT ran a different night. We could still compare and consider them competing, its just NXT might actually win sometimes
Or they could do it yesterday...

I do agree a move to a different night would be more beneficial for them... But remember, NxT was always on Wednesday... Even before AEW.

Anyway, are you now happy to concede they're definitely not dying either way?

Bwuk

It’s on a Wednesday because it’s always been on a Wednesday.

Why’s it best for everyone? If WWE or the network weren’t happy with NXT ratings, maybe they’d move it but they clearly are fine.

Ekeke

Or they could do it yesterday...

I do agree a move to a different night would be more beneficial for them... But remember, NxT was always on Wednesday... Even before AEW.

Anyway, are you now happy to concede they're definitely not dying either way?
NXT wasnt on a national tv broadcast. You know why that changed

The ratings died for that night, we'll see over a longer period if it stays that way

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What about the demographics though? I need Meltzer to tell me that AEW actually won because more 18-30 males in Wisconsin watched AEW than 30-49 females in Nevada.

Ekeke

NXT had more total viewers, great stuff for them. I havent seen the show, being halloween havoc might tempt me to watch it a bit more especially as WCW halloween havoc where abdullah the butcher was electrocuted in an electric chair match was one of the VHS tapes of wrestling I had as a kid along with summerslam 92. And they may have been my most watched events

Ekeke

So AEW ratings are dying? Or nah...

:angel:
Did less than 200k people watch the main event? Their viewers were up almost 30k, they just didnt have a pay per view show built up and to be fair a lot of the people who watched NXT wouldnt have watched AEW anyway because they're 50+ and thats the audience AEW has trouble attracting

Castia

Apparently Netflix are doing a documentary on Vince. He’s working with Netflix so it will probably be a fluff piece but interesting either way. Apparently it’s their biggest budgeted documentary so far.

Sylar

Was the ‘Monday night wars’ this pathetic?
Less social media, more fans watching, less taking it personally, obviously the companies and those involved cared, but the fans werent like this at all.

As I said, AEW is such a fun product. But AEW fans go on this personal path online which puts others off. Its quite baffling.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Shut up going on about ratings you weirdos.

Wasn't a bad Dynamite this week apart from the Young Bucks who are starting to get on my tits. Matt can't do sincerity at all and the stipulation for Full Gear is just the same one that Cody did v Jericho last year. Yawn.

I think it needs to start throwing in a few shocks soon as well as it's becoming a bit predictable. Everyone knew the tournament would end up Kenny v Hangman. Still looking forward to the match though and I assume it's setting up for a changing of the guard with Kenny eventually taking the title of Mox as I guessed months back.

Interested to see where the Jericho/MJF/Inner Circle storyline goes as well.

Woodzy

This is completely out of nowhere but I feel like we are going to see The Undertaker at Survivor Series.

AshRK

Aew is fun
But the fans sure do find a way to be snobs
I think it's true with both set of deluded fans. Aew, Roh, NJPW have their set of fans who their product is the benchmark and you similarly have some wwe fans who will defend vince and wwe even for some of their trash.

ReallyUSA

Couldn't disagree more. Reigns has been the star but think Jey has been excellent in his role too.
His cadence is the polar opposite of Roman which makes it sound so authentic. The energy and stress Jey is showing makes Roman's disconnected promos sound more menancing.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
NXT had more total viewers, great stuff for them. I havent seen the show, being halloween havoc might tempt me to watch it a bit more especially as WCW halloween havoc where abdullah the butcher was electrocuted in an electric chair match was one of the VHS tapes of wrestling I had as a kid along with summerslam 92. And they may have been my most watched events
Happy days! I had both of those, and battle royal at the Albert hall. I think I wore the tapes out!

Sylar

NXT halloween havoc was great.
Shotzi was clearly MVP though.