Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They wanted Tuesday tbf
But we're given Wednesday
Was smackdown not on Tuesdays at the time? Can't remember exactly when it moved to Fridays.

If it was and Dynamite did end up Tuesdays, I imagine the narrative would have been smackdown moved to Fridays because of AEW.

Would have been better for everyone mind.

Sylar

Was smackdown not on Tuesdays at the time? Can't remember exactly when it moved to Fridays.

If it was and Dynamite did end up Tuesdays, I imagine the narrative would have been smackdown moved to Fridays because of AEW.

Would have been better for everyone mind.
I'm sure smack down was already announced (at the very least) to be moving to Friday for fox.

Its a shame cos nxt would be great on Tuesday as I'm sure they would have provision to have it moved
But we know nxt changed due to aew, with it being extended, going live, no longer on network and used as counter programming to ensure it bites into aew to stop it from growing

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They really should give Kingston the title. Moxley has had it ages now and Kingston is on an entirely different level when it comes to promos.

It's also a big chance for them to make a star of their own instead of relying on the former WWE guy.

Ekeke

Incredible tag team match from the Bucks and FTR. I mean its to be expected, but they pulled out all the stops for this one. Just about perfect for the story

Ekeke

Full Gear was an amazing show almost full of unmissable matches. Only the Nyla and Shida match is one I wouldnt particularly reccommend, it was fine but not of the level of the other matches.

AEW has really leant into the branding WWE was giving them before they started Dynamite though, trying to dismiss them as just "blood and guts".

Theres no denying theres another level of brutality and plenty of blood on AEW shows. Its on top of all the great psychology, stories and athletisism but its there and one of the biggest differences from WWE.

I havent watched this year's G1 so I'm not going to talk about singles matches of the year because G1 like always has some extremely highly rated matches. If thats what I cared about most right now I'd obviously watch that and see how the others stacked up. So I dont know about singles matches of the year, but I do know there were a lot of great singles matches and the tag match was one of the best I've ever seen.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Full Gear was an amazing show almost full of unmissable matches. Only the Nyla and Shida match is one I wouldnt particularly reccommend, it was fine but not of the level of the other matches.

AEW has really leant into the branding WWE was giving them before they started Dynamite though, trying to dismiss them as just "blood and guts".

Theres no denying theres another level of brutality and plenty of blood on AEW shows. Its on top of all the great psychology, stories and athletisism but its there and one of the biggest differences from WWE.

I havent watched this year's G1 so I'm not going to talk about singles matches of the year because G1 like always has some extremely highly rated matches. If thats what I cared about most right now I'd obviously watch that and see how the others stacked up. So I dont know about singles matches of the year, but I do know there were a lot of great singles matches and the tag match was one of the best I've ever seen.
Talking purely about North American wrestling with a weekly TV show, I have thus as ppv of the year so far.

The only gripe I have is the damn cinematic match. If I wanted to watch a cinematic match I'd put a bloody film on. Saying that, it WAS still a better cinematic match than any of the ones WWE have done. But to me, that's a bit like being the best actor in Crossroads.

AEW do also seem to be open to working with other promotions. The NWA womens championship continues to be defended, whilst the AEW womens championship was on the main show. This is something I really like because it gives fans some fantastic womens wrestling, whilst hiding the very green womens roster that they are developing. Serena Deeb is an unbelievable talent. Her title defence against Allison Kay last night was an excellent appetite builder.

Here' the thing. Ill record Raw as always and struggle through it, ill do the same with Snackdown and ill watch Survivor Series out of habit. I will probably watch NXT on Thursday with minimal fast forwarding. But Dynamite I actually look forward to each week.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Looks like yukes are developing an AEW game.

If it's more like the classics and less like the 2k games, which I imagine it will be with less restrictions, you can inject that right into my veins :drool:

Ekeke

The console game is very early in development. But I do wonder about its overall quality when its been talked about at times. It does give the impression it'll be quite arcadey so I'm not sure it'll be something I'll like very much. Hopefully as there are more updates it turns out I'm wrong and its exactly what I'd like from a wrestling game, this is certainly the right time to be doing it with the 2k20 catastrophe. Its just getting the right thing out there is also important, not just having something out there.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I know there is a huge clamour for a No Mercy type game.. but surely you can have that without the graphics looking like they do on those screenshots.

I’ve seen it’s in ‘early development’ but if they look anything like that on release, in the current world with the technology we have available, then it’s an embarrassment

Ignore the source of the tweet and the tweet itself, it was the easiest way I could put multiple screenshots in

EDIT - why does it seem so fecking difficult to make a good wrestling game?!

JP77

Yeah not looking great so far. Omega seemed to be quite involved which is probably why it looks like it’s verging on Street Fighter.

Ekeke

I know there is a huge clamour for a No Mercy type game.. but surely you can have that without the graphics looking like they do on those screenshots.

I’ve seen it’s in ‘early development’ but if they look anything like that on release, in the current world with the technology we have available, then it’s an embarrassment

Ignore the source of the tweet and the tweet itself, it was the easiest way I could put multiple screenshots in

EDIT - why does it seem so fecking difficult to make a good wrestling game?!
They obviously wont, its alpha or pre-alpha. If you've ever followed a game development you'd know most of them look horrible at that point

That doesnt mean they'll end up with good graphics. But they'll improve what we've been shown

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
They obviously wont, its alpha or pre-alpha. If you've ever followed a game development you'd know most of them look horrible at that point

That doesnt mean they'll end up with good graphics. But they'll improve what we've been shown
You're reaching here (and being condescending as always). Obviously the graphics will improve but the art style is shit and probably wont change, and that's clearly what he's referring to.

Worse fecking still, what was shown wasnt even gameplay, it was just CGI.

Quite disappointed with this after being quite excited. Here they had an opportunity to do something fresh and new, something different and start their video game legacy. Instead they go for the nostalgia fix (yet again), which undoubtedly will be the games USP, rather then the game itself.

I'll keep an eye on it, but early doors is a no from me Clive.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why does Omega's chest look like it's been stitched together by the villain Jeepers Creepers?

Wrestling games have been shite since approximately Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain .

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is there really any point on commenting on a game in Pre Alpha? All that needs to be taken from it is that it's in dev and Yukes are doing it. Good news surely? I'll reserve judgement till I see some actual gameplay.

Renegade

Seen a video of the Omega and Cody dressed as Steve jobs announcing the game haha. These EVP’s are such marks for themselves it’s hilarious.

Sylar

You're reaching here (and being condescending as always). Obviously the graphics will improve but the art style is shit and probably wont change, and that's clearly what he's referring to.

Yeah, but if youve ever (and I mean ever) followed his posts you would know what his posts are like at this point.
So clearly this is on you for being wrong.

:angel:

Sylar

Finished full gear today
Excellent PPV

I don't like what they've done with hangman. They need to rehab him cos he was badass months ago and now he's kinda pathetic

And the build to young bucks vs FTR was ridiculous but the match was great

Raw was shit. It was a repeat so managed to watch it in about 20 mins (and that's with watching majority of ricochet v Ali)

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Dynamite was ok.

Nice solid opener.

The Cody segment was a mess.

Inner circle wasn't as entertaining as it should have been.

Womens division still needs so much work.

Brutal tag match.

Excellent main event.

It was an OK show, no more, no less.

Ekeke

Jade, Brandi and Cody :lol: That was so much attitude and sass. Let the girls fight, I want to see what Jade can actually do. She has an amazing look and physique, had a good promo but I've got no idea if she can work. If she can she could be a huge star

Darby's jacket is uh... interesting? If he needed to be even more violent, he just became it

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Jade, Brandi and Cody :lol: That was so much attitude and sass. Let the girls fight, I want to see what Jade can actually do. She has an amazing look and physique, had a good promo but I've got no idea if she can work. If she can she could be a huge star

Darby's jacket is uh... interesting? If he needed to be even more violent, he just became it
The entire wrestling internet is shitting on that segment and her promo, for good reason. It was the drizzling shits.

If Tony Khan hypes something it's gonna be underwhelming.

Ekeke

The entire wrestling internet is shitting on that segment and her promo, for good reason. It was the drizzling shits.

If Tony Khan hypes something it's gonna be underwhelming.
"The entire" :lol:

AEW can't give people taste. That was very entertaining, im sorry it doesnt work for your WWE brain

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Ban him.

Anyway, was a solid show but that was a low point. The promo segment was trash. Conti and Red velvets match was trash aswell.

Every other match was solid to excellent though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"My WWE brain" (Christ alive) sat through months of Rusev (what an impact he's made for AEW, by the way...) Lashley and Lana which was Oscar-worthy compared to that rubbish last night.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
"The entire" :lol:

AEW can't give people taste. That was very entertaining, im sorry it doesnt work for your WWE brain
So condescending. :lol:

“I listen to meltzer and I like AEW, so I must be right and anyone who questions me isn’t on my level intellectually.”

Its beyond ridiculous and is at a point now where it’s ruining/ruined this thread.

Ekeke

"My WWE brain" (Christ alive) sat through months of Rusev (what an impact he's made for AEW, by the way...) Lashley and Lana which was Oscar-worthy compared to that rubbish last night.
This is exactly what I mean. Imagine a rational person talking up the Lana and Lashley segment that led to them getting married, then WWE having no idea what to do so they just casually mentioned they got divorced off screen and then threw Lana into their womens division, where she is now number 1 contender for a title despite getting thrown through a table for 6 weeks in a row, because WWE arent happy that her husband signed for AEW. How petty.

Jade is something different visually, physically than most women in wrestling, she was introduced in a different way with some balls and attitude towards one of the EVPs of the company. If you want someone to be a star you have them do something different and this was a much better debut for her than just working a match on Dark or even Dynamite. She was also a basketball player so I guess theres a connection with Shaq a little bit

Now I have no idea whats going to come of the Shaq thing. I don't really care, it would be impossible to be worse than those years of Khali, and hard to be worse than WWE's use of the gypsy king. Thats not what I'm excited about. I mean it might mean a lot for a rating for a week or two but itll be very short term whatever it is.

Jade Cargill is much more interesting to me and thats what I liked. I'll be dissappointed if shes actually no good at all in the ring which remains to be seen but could be what happens

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is exactly what I mean. Imagine a rational person talking up the Lana and Lashley segment that led to them getting married, then WWE having no idea what to do so they just casually mentioned they got divorced off screen and then threw Lana into their womens division, where she is now number 1 contender for a title despite getting thrown through a table for 6 weeks in a row, because WWE arent happy that her husband signed for AEW. How petty.

Jade is something different visually, physically than most women in wrestling, she was introduced in a different way with some balls and attitude towards one of the EVPs of the company. If you want someone to be a star you have them do something different and this was a much better debut for her than just working a match on Dark or even Dynamite. She was also a basketball player so I guess theres a connection with Shaq a little bit

Now I have no idea whats going to come of the Shaq thing. I don't really care, it would be impossible to be worse than those years of Khali, and hard to be worse than WWE's use of the gypsy king. Thats not what I'm excited about. I mean it might mean a lot for a rating for a week or two but itll be very short term whatever it is.

Jade Cargill is much more interesting to me and thats what I liked. I'll be dissappointed if shes actually no good at all in the ring which remains to be seen but could be what happens

None of this had anything to do with her shit promo/segment?

You could tell straight away shes a physical unit and has a presence about her, but the promo was dog. Dunno if that's her or what she was given to work with, but it was shit promo with an anticlimactic end.

Brandi was the best thing about that segment. Saying something.

Sylar

I like how his opinions are basically (mostly) regurgitated from meltzer / Alvarez reviews
I mean it was obvious when he was having one sided convos and kept mentioning ratings

But now it's too obvious

Also I did :lol: @ taz saying look who's out there Darby allin
And then looking and searching for him until Ricky pointed him out

As I said before aew is great (prob the best weekly show) but their exclusive fans are really weird and defensive

Ekeke

None of this had anything to do with her shit promo/segment?

You could tell straight away shes a physical unit and has a presence about her, but the promo was dog. Dunno if that's her or what she was given to work with, but it was shit promo with an anticlimactic end.

Brandi was the best thing about that segment. Saying something.
Her promo was good. She was confident, had attitude and sass and she got her words out. Theres womens wrestlers who mumble and people talk about them being the best :lol: That was great for her first promo and first real showing on dynamite.

Brandi had her best mic work in response, other than when shes building up Cody matches. Yep. Both did well

Ekeke

I like how his opinions are basically (mostly) regurgitated from meltzer / Alvarez reviews
I mean it was obvious when he was having one sided convos and kept mentioning ratings

But now it's too obvious

Also I did :lol: @ taz saying look who's out there Darby allin
And then looking and searching for him until Ricky pointed him out

As I said before aew is great (prob the best weekly show) but their exclusive fans are really weird and defensive
I'm still watching the show - on the womens match between Tay Conti and Red Velvet. Havent listened to WOR yet so thats impossible, but good try I guess? Maybe stick to reality next time

I guess im impressed that so many big NXT fans have made the time to not only watch all of NXT, but also watch all of AEW and comment on it. Not only that but you've also listened to WOR apparently so that you can suggest my opinion is the same as theirs. I almost dont believe that you've actually watched both shows and listened to WOR

Last edited:

Ekeke

She isn't that different. She's jacked and tall. So are Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Raquel Gonzalez, Charlotte Flair.
She's an inch taller and much more beefy than Bianca. Another level. Obviously Bianca is taller and another level of physique to many of the other women, just not Jade

Yes obviously shes not as tall as Charlotte or Raquel, but AEW doesnt have them available do they? Jade being different to most womens wrestlers and having the potential to be a big star doesnt mean Charlotte isnt one :confused:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
She's an inch taller and much more beefy than Bianca. Another level. Obviously Bianca is taller and another level of physique to many of the other women, just not Jade

Yes obviously shes not as tall as Charlotte or Raquel, but AEW doesnt have them available do they? Jade being different to most womens wrestlers and having the potential to be a big star doesnt mean Charlotte isnt one :confused:
"I'll compare her to the one she's an inch taller than, another level, and leave it at that. They're not even AEW so why does it matter?"