Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

paulscholes18

Liked the match, hated the blood.
An unsanctioned match without blood just wouldn’t be right to me. IMO certian matches need blood, imagine the no DQ WM13 fight between Stone Cold V Brett Hart, it just wouldn’t have the same effect without Stone Cold’s bloody face

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
State of this...

Those two are aware of what "selling" is, yeah? Canadian Destroyer > pop up > springboard cutter > pop up. At that point it's just gymnastics, not wrasslin'.

Minkaro

State of this...

Those two are aware of what "selling" is, yeah? Canadian Destroyer > pop up > springboard cutter > pop up. At that point it's just gymnastics, not wrasslin'.
Every time I see the Canadian Destroyer used as a transitional move, it makes me think of Petey Williams tweet of “I never meant for this to happen.” I know you could argue that the DDT used to be a finisher, but the CD still looks devastating.

Cody no-selling the arm snap was even more annoying.

Sylar

Everybody giving that or Code Red is annoying too. I mean youre being landed on your head and its straight back up (even if signs of woozy).
"Its not his finisher so hes not hitting it to the same affect" blah blah. Its not needed except for trying to get a cheer from the crowd which makes it less affective the more its used.

Bwuk

Canadian Destroyer should be a finisher.

Camera angles doing AEW no favours once again. You can see Penta just waiting on Cody. They have so many people in that company who aren't TV ready. People moan when Indy darlings end up in NXT but stuff like this happens much rarer in WWE. AEW needs to sort it out. The Luchasaurus one from the other day was ridiculous.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Britt Baker and Rosa had a brilliant match, possibly a star-making turn for Britt but Meltzer as always has to go overboard, saying Britt Baker is a bigger superstar than Bayley, Asuka and Sasha maaaaybe. Yeah, Mandalorian-starring Sasha Banks is maaaaybe a bigger star than Britt Baker. Maybe.

I can't help getting annoyed by him. He is like wrestling's Jermaine Jenas, just talks utter shite and I bite every time. Wrecks my head.

Ekeke

Every time I see the Canadian Destroyer used as a transitional move, it makes me think of Petey Williams tweet of “I never meant for this to happen.” I know you could argue that the DDT used to be a finisher, but the CD still looks devastating.

Cody no-selling the arm snap was even more annoying.
I hate the move personally. Theres others im not a fan of, but that one is particularly annoying due to how often everyone uses it

Sylar

Britt Baker and Rosa had a brilliant match, possibly a star-making turn for Britt but Meltzer as always has to go overboard, saying Britt Baker is a bigger superstar than Bayley, Asuka and Sasha maaaaybe. Yeah, Mandalorian-starring Sasha Banks is maaaaybe a bigger star than Britt Baker. Maybe.

I can't help getting annoyed by him. He is like wrestling's Jermaine Jenas, just talks utter shite and I bite every time. Wrecks my head.
:lol:

Then he will say he has no influence on his listeners when they vote for awards.
He wants aew to be bigger as he's friends with executives and has TK on quite a bit

He will criticise them but it's not as big as compared to wwe, and he will go overboard for them as he wants it to grow and interest to grow, which overall is a good thing for his own business.

Ekeke

Then he will say he has no influence on his listeners when they vote for awards.
He wants aew to be bigger as he's friends with executives and has TK on quite a bit

He will criticise them but it's not as big as compared to wwe, and he will go overboard for them as he wants it to grow and interest to grow, which overall is a good thing for his own business.
You realize he has friends in WWE/NXT too? :lol: And ones hes had far longer

Andersons Dietician

I went and watched this Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa match, bit of over selling on the quality of it. It had great spots that the woman in WWE just wouldn’t be allowed to do but looked pretty clunky at times and I thought Tnunder Rosa’s leg was away to shatter when she started on the rope, but quickly dropped down to gently flip Britt on the ladder.

I just don’t think WWE would let people blade, or do a lot of those spots. Was watching something recently that had one of them talking about all the stuff the woman aren’t allowed to do.

I‘d Quite like to see what the likes of Askua, Charlotte or Banks would do with free reign in a match.

Sylar

You realize he has friends in WWE/NXT too? :lol: And ones hes had far longer
Sure, but how many have named a finisher after him.
And again for business sake, aew success means more for his business so his desires for it to succeed are amplified

Ladron de redcafe

Yeah but he has very little credibility at this point. Isn't he getting derided on mocked everywhere for some of his outlandish statements and star ratings?

Sylar

Yeah but he has very little credibility at this point. Isn't he getting derided on mocked everywhere for some of his outlandish statements and star ratings?
I think his research on stuff is great

His opinion when reviewing shows is biased and people who argue that are doing it for the sake of it. The biggest example is when WWE does something like the wedding angle he will happy slate it but when aew did the Jericho/mjf dance thing, all he had to say was let's see the ratings to see if it's a success or not

There was also one time he was arguing with somebody on Twitter about how good somebody is as a wrestler and meltzers point was, look how highly rated five star matches this guy has (and the guy responds, they are your own ratings....)

Bwuk

If Meltzers opinion mattered that much he'd be working in the WWE.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought Edge vs. Jey was a good old school match. Great selling from both.

Fastlane should be decent on Sunday

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I went and watched this Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa match, bit of over selling on the quality of it. It had great spots that the woman in WWE just wouldn’t be allowed to do but looked pretty clunky at times and I thought Tnunder Rosa’s leg was away to shatter when she started on the rope, but quickly dropped down to gently flip Britt on the ladder.

I just don’t think WWE would let people blade, or do a lot of those spots. Was watching something recently that had one of them talking about all the stuff the woman aren’t allowed to do.

I‘d Quite like to see what the likes of Askua, Charlotte or Banks would do with free reign in a match.
Will never happen. I think the women would be all for it, well some of them, and I think writers and agents etc would be for it but WWE has a lot of heavy-hitter corporate sponsors and seeing a woman like this on TV...

Would drive them away very fast. Becky's was an accident and despite it being the making of her, it's largely ignored by WWE. Their Youtube channel has the video in black and white and lots of camera angle changes to avoid showing Becky's face when they can.

Ladron de redcafe

I think his research on stuff is great

His opinion when reviewing shows is biased and people who argue that are doing it for the sake of it. The biggest example is when WWE does something like the wedding angle he will happy slate it but when aew did the Jericho/mjf dance thing, all he had to say was let's see the ratings to see if it's a success or not

There was also one time he was arguing with somebody on Twitter about how good somebody is as a wrestler and meltzers point was, look how highly rated five star matches this guy has (and the guy responds, they are your own ratings....)
:lol: I would kill for a video of that.

Andersons Dietician

Will never happen. I think the women would be all for it, well some of them, and I think writers and agents etc would be for it but WWE has a lot of heavy-hitter corporate sponsors and seeing a woman like this on TV...

Would drive them away very fast. Becky's was an accident and despite it being the making of her, it's largely ignored by WWE. Their Youtube channel has the video in black and white and lots of camera angle changes to avoid showing Becky's face when they can.
I would think as well the idea of people “cutting” (self harming) would raise bigger issues for them as well given the climate on that.

That Becky moment, yeah it was a botch but it made for a brilliant moment and just cemented her as a bit of a badass. It is a shame they haven’t embraced that.

Holocene

He couldnt do his job if he was employed by any wrestling company. This comment is great :lol:
I think they're implying that Vince would be on the phone and offering him a job. Probably in a creative role. Not that he would be reviewing matches for WWE.

Bwuk

He couldnt do his job if he was employed by any wrestling company. This comment is great :lol:
I think they're implying that Vince would be on the phone and offering him a job. Probably in a creative role. Not that he would be reviewing matches for WWE.
As clever as always @Ekeke

If Meltzer was as clever as he thinks he is he’d be earning a lot more for doing a lot less.

Zen

It'd be like a film randomly employing a film critic.... I think he does pretty goddamn well money wise too, for doing, likely, very close to his dream gig.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It'd be like a film randomly employing a film critic.... I think he does pretty goddamn well money wise too, for doing, likely, very close to his dream gig.
Wouldn't give him that much credit

Ekeke

As clever as always @Ekeke

If Meltzer was as clever as he thinks he is he’d be earning a lot more for doing a lot less.
As dumb as ever.

If Meltzer wanted to earn money he wouldnt be in wrestling. He's been a sports writer with great contacts, he could do that.

Here is Meltzer on a hugely popular tv show Donahue, which was the biggest talk show in the States before Oprah - next to Vince McMahon who is listening to what he has to say in regards to the topic of WWF's steroid scandal

He's the one invited there with McMahon and wrestlers speaking out against the WWF because he's a highly respected writer and knows the business.

But no, you random person on a Manchester United forum have figured everything out instead

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
As dumb as ever.

If Meltzer wanted to earn money he wouldnt be in wrestling. He's been a sports writer with great contacts, he could do that.

Here is Meltzer on a hugely popular tv show Donahue, which was the biggest talk show in the States before Oprah - next to Vince McMahon who is listening to what he has to say in regards to the topic of WWF's steroid scandal

He's the one invited there with McMahon and wrestlers speaking out against the WWF because he's a highly respected writer and knows the business.

But no, you random person on a Manchester United forum have figured everything out instead
I love how you always throw this one in as though you’re not on the same forum :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

As dumb as ever.

What kind of argument is this? They wanted someone who presented themsleves as a "wrestling reporter" because Donahue was clueless about wrestling and wanted a balanced 'discussion panel'. He kept making basic mistakes about professional wrestling and the entire show was a mess.

How does the fact that Meltzer is slightly less irrelevant than the other wrestling "journalists" indicate he would have been more successful in another business?

What would he do if he were an NBA journalist?
"Durr herrr....the plan was to play LeBron at center. The thing is...y'know he's...it's like that right....it's... here's the thing...LeBron at center.....that type of thing and it's been done before....you know? But plans changed I guess. And the played him at that other position. That's why they didn't win the championship"

Because that's precisely what Melter does when he "reports" about wrestling.

Ekeke

What kind of argument is this? They wanted someone who presented themsleves as a "wrestling reporter" because Donahue was clueless about wrestling and wanted a balanced 'discussion panel'. He kept making basic mistakes about professional wrestling and the entire show was a mess.

How does the fact that Meltzer is slightly less irrelevant than the other wrestling "journalists" indicate he would have been more successful in another business?

What would he do if he were an NBA journalist?
"Durr herrr....the plan was to play LeBron at center. The thing is...y'know he's...it's like that right....it's... here's the thing...LeBron at center.....that type of thing and it's been done before....you know? But plans changed I guess. And the played him at that other position. That's why they didn't win the championship"

Because that's precisely what Melter does when he "reports" about wrestling.
?

It was his job before :lol:

He worked with Frank Deford

Minkaro

An NJPW six-man tag match yesterday had to be stopped because of an earthquake (7.2).

They resumed after about thirty minutes, but that must have been bloody scary.

paulscholes18

Didn’t realise it was starting a hour earlier than usual. Would have liked to watch Ali V Riddle as well