Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ladron de redcafe

:lol: :houllier:
I can't believe he's still wrestling at this point. There are no angles left to book. No feuds that make sense.

What makes it slightly worse is the fact that they're going to be limited to the same type of match (typically a 2 minute match featuring an exchange of finishers). You can only repeat squash matches so many times before the audience starts to get jaded and judging from the reaction in his last 3 or 4 appearances, we are at that point.

Sylar

I can't believe he's still wrestling at this point. There are no angles left to book. No feuds that make sense.

What makes it slightly worse is the fact that they're going to be limited to the same type of match (typically a 2 minute match featuring an exchange of finishers). You can only repeat squash matches so many times before the audience starts to get jaded and judging from the reaction in his last 3 or 4 appearances, we are at that point.
Him losing to Roman or Lashley in a 5 minute war will work.

Ladron de redcafe

Him losing to Roman or Lashley in a 5 minute war will work.
That's true, but if he's coming back after a loss, then he doesn't have the same "aura" - for a lack of a better word. When Austin, Undertaker, HHH, Rock, or Lesnar got pinned, it was something that really elevated their opponents.

But is beating Goldberg in 2021 that much of a rub? Roman Reigns is already the biggest name in wrestling and Lashley is at the top in his brand. I'm not sure whether they'd be accomplishing a lot with it.

Minkaro

I love Goldberg for nostalgia reasons, but I wouldn’t have him against Lashley or Reigns. The Ziggler feud was fine because who cares about Ziggler anymore? Someone like him is fine to feed to Goldberg, and bump around like a maniac for him.

You only put main eventers against him when they’re going over, or when it’s someone like Lesnar where a defeat doesn’t really hurt them.

Sylar

That's true, but if he's coming back after a loss, then he doesn't have the same "aura" - for a lack of a better word. When Austin, Undertaker, HHH, Rock, or Lesnar got pinned, it was something that really elevated their opponents.

But is beating Goldberg in 2021 that much of a rub? Roman Reigns is already the biggest name in wrestling and Lashley is at the top in his brand. I'm not sure whether they'd be accomplishing a lot with it.
It depends on if people will watch. If Goldberg results in more people tuning in, then yeah, its worth it.

Sylar

Said it before, but WWE having nobody under 30 as even a midcarder is quite something.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Agreed, only positive really is that Goldberg does have a bit of an aura about him. Other than that, meh.

Zen

Still running with Goldberg :lol:

I know we're generally peaking later in more or less everything, but as someone pointed out above, no one below 30... that's something else.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Smackdown was fire, it's ridiculous how much better it is than RAW and with the fans back it was something else.

Sylar

Kinda, he’s a tag champ, usually involved in matches with the top guys.
The fact that we can only name one questionable tag wrestler rather rather than actual under 30's who WWE are building is very sad indeed.

Ludens the Red

The fact that we can only name one questionable tag wrestler rather rather than actual under 30's who WWE are building is very sad indeed.
Haha, he needs that Rey rib. Future champ one day once he turns on Rey in what could potentially be a GOAT storyline.

choccy77

Just saw they had a crowd for last night's Smackdown.

That's interesting as the big return angle is due on the 23rd (Unless its changed again).

Wonder why they didn't push last night, but I'm guessing MITB has something to do with that.

It deffiently seems Smackdown is getting all the love thanks to Fox over Raw plus the better wresting and angles also.

Sylar

Haha, he needs that Rey rib. Future champ one day once he turns on Rey in what could potentially be a GOAT storyline.
Ill be surprised, Rey has basically said he wont do it, ever.
Obviously its hard to take wrestlers seriously but we will see.

Just saw they had a crowd for last night's Smackdown.

That's interesting as the big return angle is due on the 23rd (Unless its changed again).

Wonder why they didn't push last night, but I'm guessing MITB has something to do with that.

It deffiently seems Smackdown is getting all the love thanks to Fox over Raw plus the better wresting and angles also.
SD is a better show. Raw is the same garbage every week unless Lashley or Drew are on the screen for the most part.

choccy77

Ill be surprised, Rey has basically said he wont do it, ever.
Obviously its hard to take wrestlers seriously but we will see.

SD is a better show. Raw is the same garbage every week unless Lashley or Drew are on the screen for the most part.
Fox has a huge input on Smackdown and they use their technology as well, whereas Raw its just the place where the money comes in from USA no matter what they put out.

Last edited:

Ekeke

The AEW Elite General Manager phone game is finally working on my galaxy after a day or two? since release. Can actually try it now. No idea if it'll be worth playing

Update - Ehhh... The match sim action isnt my thing. Its some star wars lazers and anime fighting instead of wrestling... Hopefully it gets better than this

Last edited:

AshRK

Fox has a huge input on Smackdown and they use their technology as well, whereas Raw its just the place where the money comes in from USA no matter what they put out.
Sd being 2 hours also helps the show big time. Raw being 3 hours becomes a chore. Apart from lashley and drew there are not many entertaining stuff there.

Andersons Dietician

Thought I’d have a quick peek at what has been going on and it’s good to see it’s as rubbish as ever. What the hell have they done to Nikki Cross or ASH as she seems to go by. Is she supposed to be the female Hirricane.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I pay little to no attention to Impact but letting other companies champions close out one of your biggest PPVs is pathetic.

Also, Bullet Club is a decade old group with countless members, ex-members leaders and ex-leaders spread across half a dozen promotions. Let that shit die. 2006 DX is cooler than that rubbish.

AshRK

Looking forward for MITB. I hope they have Big E win the MITB or Nakamura or even Rollins. Don't want them to screw it like last year by giving it to Otis only to give it to Miz.

Sylar

I pay little to no attention to Impact but letting other companies champions close out one of your biggest PPVs is pathetic.

But it's Impact
You pay no attention to it except now. So it's the right move

choccy77

Looking forward for MITB. I hope they have Big E win the MITB or Nakamura or even Rollins. Don't want them to screw it like last year by giving it to Otis only to give it to Miz.
I heard a rumour about Seth and Beckie having big nights but nothing that can be classed as confirmed or even slightly true.

Sylar

I see a streamable on Reddit. That's not gonna translate to a PPV purchase or a TV viewer or a t-shirt sale.
Sure with you. But with others it might have been the case
Let's be honest impact been dead for the most part until aews partnership

Last edited:

choccy77

I think WWE is going to step up a lot from now to Summerslam with the fans back as well.

The big returns also will give Summerslam the Wrestlemania feel.

WWE internally are already calling Summerslam the real Wrestlemania this year

choccy77

Here's a clip from Attitude era that is a million times better than anything on WWE today.