Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Adcuth

Just catching up on everything wwe. Well skipping through most of it. The feck is Happy Corbin about. New gimmick or just a storyline

choccy77

Vince puts Big E in a random tag match, as his first TV appearance as WWE champion :confused:

Sylar

Finished Dynamite. A good show. Looks like a good rating too.
Punk was good on commentary, but he needed to STFU when the fans were singing Judas.
Also like how they turned the song being cut off last week into an angle.

Next week is loaded, so it should be another big ratings.

Punks first TV match on Rampage. And Bryan vs Omega, amongst other things. Should be awesome.

Castia

Start of a build to New Day vs Bloodline at Survivor Series
You’re not wrong but Servivor Series is the worst PPV going. Stupid storylines involving teams or RAW vs Smackdown matches that mean absolutely nothing it needs a revamp it’s by far the worst event WWE do.

The main event will be Roman and the USO’s vs the New Day….I mean come on it’s a random match that could be done on Smackdown.

choccy77

You’re not wrong but Servivor Series is the worst PPV going. Stupid storylines involving teams or RAW vs Smackdown matches that mean absolutely nothing it needs a revamp it’s by far the worst event WWE do.

The main event will be Roman and the USO’s vs the New Day….I mean come on it’s a random match that could be done on Smackdown.
I swear Big E said to Roman he would face him at Survivor Series.

Was just a random comment out of nowhere.

Also having the tag champions lose was just silly also.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Yeah. I liked when they started doing the invasions and stuff, but SS really is pointless. It’s so pathetic too. They could make it mean something. Winning team only gets MITB matches. Winning team gets 30 spots in the rumble. Winning team headlines maina. Something….

Sylar

What dya mean
It's the one night you see raw vs smackdown

Except rumble, or maybe mania or Summerslam
Or some of those raw when they bring in see guys
Or I guess smackdown since you get people going across

Yeah.
But at least they fight for their brand
And win something. Ok maybe they don't

But they position it like it's wcw v WWF

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's funny because the draft has happened close to SS in recent years so you have wrestlers on Raw/Smackdown willing to fight and die for the brand they've been on for a few weeks.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dynamite was brilliant this week. So many good midcard angles and promos. I even want to see what happens with The Gunn Club next! Sign of a great show is that you’re champing at the bit for more. Straight into Rampage for me!

The Grand Slam shows look incredible already.

choccy77

Jeeez. They sure piped a lot of boos and anti Becky chants in tonight. :nervous:
I actually thought the pop for Big E wasn't that big either (i'm not sure the fans were expecting him at that moment so were more surprised)

Was a good pop, but seemed a little subdued

choccy77

Survivor Series the first few years, used to be fun and well done.

People coming together who have issues and feuds and teaming up to settle them etc.

Also having real tag teams in those day's also made it good.

I wouldn't be sad if they dropped it alltogether as it doesn't fit Vinces senile booking and hasn't made sense for years.

Evans999

Watched the latest episode of Dark side of the ring, Dreamer has been suspended by Impact for his comments and I doubt we'll ever see Ric Flair on WWE television again.

Ekeke

Watching Dark Side, sadly none of this surprises me. Everyone mentioned comes across as an asshole, including those who saw it and did nothing but obviously Flair and Hall putting their hands on a woman worst of all. Wrestling has been a shady business with far too much of this stuff going on in the past. Even the recent past such as the #timesup. If Dreamer knew the full extent of whats being explained while he made his comments on the show, he's more than worthy of his Impact suspension.

Adcuth

Jeeez. They sure piped a lot of boos and anti Becky chants in tonight. :nervous:
I find it far too obvious when the piped boos come in, I absolutely hate it. Was the same last week. They need to feck it off. Wrestling should be about the genuine crowd reactions. How the hell can they add their own crowd reactions in over a speaker. Goes against the very fabric of what pro wrestling is about.

Sylar

Dynamite was brilliant this week. So many good midcard angles and promos. I even want to see what happens with The Gunn Club next! Sign of a great show is that you’re champing at the bit for more. Straight into Rampage for me!

The Grand Slam shows look incredible already.
Rampage was fun.

Don't read on if you haven't seen rampage despite me tagging you but:

Tag match was fun but think it went maybe a few minutes too long

Women's Match was what you expect between the two.

The soho/dmd segment was great. They both did a good job with their promos

Main event is what you expect but it's a good angle to get the next challenger who I think should win the title

Ekeke

Rampage was fun.

Don't read on if you haven't seen rampage despite me tagging you but:

Tag match was fun but think it went maybe a few minutes too long

Women's Match was what you expect between the two.

The soho/dmd segment was great. They both did a good job with their promos

Main event is what you expect but it's a good angle to get the next challenger who I think should win the title
Yeah the womens talking segment was very good

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Just watched the DSOTR episode, while the subject matter is interesting they're really badly made documentaries. OOT production and dramatic music. Maybe it's an American thing. Anyway Dreamer is an arse.

Also saw that so far in September on 6 hours of Smackdown there's only been about 2 minutes of women's wrestling. And that's the good show.

choccy77

Just watched the DSOTR episode, while the subject matter is interesting they're really badly made documentaries. OOT production and dramatic music. Maybe it's an American thing. Anyway Dreamer is an arse.

Also saw that so far in September on 6 hours of Smackdown there's only been about 2 minutes of women's wrestling. And that's the good show.
Well the big news on that was last week at MSG, where they pulled the Women's Tag match featuring Vega, who had been promoting Smackdown all week and it was the 20th Anniversary of her fathers death in the World Trade Centre.

Big backlash at Vince / WWE for that. They didn't even give her 5 minutes dark match after Smackdown to honour her father in NY.

Minkaro

Extreme Rules next week. Currently no gimmick matches on the card.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEME.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
And it's not like any of the feuds have hinted at any gimmicks so far either, so next week there is going to be a load of random stipulations attached to matches.

Minkaro

And it's not like any of the feuds have hinted at any gimmicks so far either, so next week there is going to be a load of random stipulations attached to matches.
Should do the old Raw Roulette thing. Spin the wheel and place random gimmicks on the matches.

choccy77

Just Watched AEW PPV finally.

What a great show.

WWE has nothing on them right now, I hope AEW just gets better and better to maybe make WWE raise their game a little.

Nico87

Has anyone seen that Brutus Beefcake old shoot interview bout how Shawn Michaels and Jeanette use to frequently date rape girls at hotels and throw their naked bodies into the corridor?. It’s seems to have resurfaced over the past couple of days but consider he nature of the accusations ( although it Brutus is chuckling along as if it high jinks) there doesn’t seem to be much of a backlash.

Ekeke

Has anyone seen that Brutus Beefcake old shoot interview bout how Shawn Michaels and Jeanette use to frequently date rape girls at hotels and throw their naked bodies into the corridor?. It’s seems to have resurfaced over the past couple of days but consider he nature of the accusations ( although it Brutus is chuckling along as if it high jinks) there doesn’t seem to be much of a backlash.
Havent seen that one, but thats the shady and sick culture that was pro wrestling back then. Drugs, abuse and people treating the stars like entertainment/rock stars and trying to cover these things up for them. Its the very sad truth of the people we thought were great wrestlers in the ring. Many of them were quite awful people

choccy77

I've seen that before. So sickening

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Disgusting. They really should be held accountable for this stuff. So many vile crimes committed on a regular basis by the sound of things. Horrible, seedy business.

b82REZ

There was a lot circulating on reddit yesterday about Shawn Michael's allegations and his sudden finding of god in the early 2000s.

A lot saying he did that to reconcile his conscious after the heinous things he did. Also apparently saying you've atoned and found Jesus is an acceptable defence in America according to a lot of people.

Him and Jannety need to be held accountable if they have been date raping women, and no amount of "I found god" should change that.

Last edited:

Zen

I mean, I'd dare say it's hardly exclusive to Wrestling. Wrestling just flaunted it on TV every week for what....5/6 years, and somehow WWE still has most of it on their Network. Mad. No wonder Vince feels untouchable, dude definitely lives in his own bubble that many claim.

Ekeke

And again its not just WWF/WWE. It was wrestling in general...

I just saw these quotes from Eric Bishoff

" On seeing Steiner in the locker room for the first time: “So I go into this room, this big room where the guys are dressing. And I see both Steiners, Rick and Scott, have a referee. And for the life of me, I’m not sure who it was. I wanna say it was Nick Patrick, but I could be wrong. But anyway, they had this referee, and they had him duct taped up like a mummy. They had duct tape around his mouth, his hands were duct taped to the sides of his hips and his legs. His feet were duct taped together. And he was buck-ass naked and had a pencil stuck up his ass. And I thought, ‘Wow. This is gonna be a hell of a gig.’ [laughs] That’s my first recall of the Steiner Brothers. And I’m sure the referee, whoever it was, whether it was Nick Patrick or whoever, must have done something that the Steiners found worthy of some sort of Steiner Retribution. But they tortured him. It was, all I wanna say, in good fun for those who were watching. [laughs] Who knows what he did to deserve such a response. I’m not sure, I didn’t see it. I just saw the aftermath, and I thought, ‘Man. I’m gonna be really careful around these two guys.'”
So stuff like this was going on in WCW too. Meltzer seemed to suggest ECW may have been the worst on a recent show, at least to my ears although he didnt say anything specific.

Ekeke

I think far more importantly than "sticking it to Vince", its a way to have a past legend be part of the company that was never going to be allowed to happen with WWE, because of how his wife felt towards them after his death. So fans get to have some Owen merch, or see him involved in video games etc, which has never been possible with WWE.

Sylar

I think far more importantly than "sticking it to Vince", its a way to have a past legend be part of the company that was never going to be allowed to happen with WWE, because of how his wife felt towards them after his death. So fans get to have some Owen merch, or see him involved in video games etc, which has never been possible with WWE.
Yep this is how I see it
It's great