Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

Im sure they (Well Cody) is aware that hes seen as a dick who thinks hes better than everybody else but wants to be liked for it? Right?

Also I like that the time limit draw hasnt been abused. Weve seen three before this? So four in 2 years is going well, given basically every other match has a victory (and weve seen maybe one or two DQs?)

A time limit draw, where there is no clock running and just an announcement at different milestones by the ring announcer is fine, and both men desperately punching each other when it expires looks more natural then the often used (somebody is about to tap but the time expires).

One thing is WWE has been the top (Only?) organisation for about 20 years. A lot of their contrived finishes is in the mind of people watching new stuff (like AEW). I like AEWs approach and it will take time for people to accept that their stipulations matter (rather than being thrown away a week or two later), or that wins and losses matter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Im sure they (Well Cody) is aware that hes seen as a dick who thinks hes better than everybody else but wants to be liked for it? Right?

Also I like that the time limit draw hasnt been abused. Weve seen three before this? So four in 2 years is going well, given basically every other match has a victory (and weve seen maybe one or two DQs?)

A time limit draw, where there is no clock running and just an announcement at different milestones by the ring announcer is fine, and both men desperately punching each other when it expires looks more natural then the often used (somebody is about to tap but the time expires).

One thing is WWE has been the top (Only?) organisation for about 20 years. A lot of their contrived finishes is in the mind of people watching new stuff (like AEW). I like AEWs approach and it will take time for people to accept that their stipulations matter (rather than being thrown away a week or two later), or that wins and losses matter.
Maybe - though if both guys know there's only 30 seconds left or whatever, then it would make senes for them to start going for big moves so they can finish the other off... obviously that relies on them knowing that time is about to run out.

Agreed on the overall point - AEW have been very good/smart about how and when they use their non-clean finishes so far.

Sylar

Maybe - though if both guys know there's only 30 seconds left or whatever, then it would make senes for them to start going for big moves so they can finish the other off... obviously that relies on them knowing that time is about to run out.

Agreed on the overall point - AEW have been very good/smart about how and when they use their non-clean finishes so far.
I think Justin Roberts announced at 1 minute left (along with other timestones like he normally does)

I think the next logical step is a PPV match for them, with Bryan maybe facing some of the Elite along the way (so they can announce Bryan wrestling a few Dynamites / Rampages until then).

Ladron de redcafe

Their presentation looks superb, to be fair. That was always something that most promotions lacked, and which helped WWE to an extent during the Monday Night Wars ( I think that even when WCW was a better show, it didn't look as polished and a casual tuning in might have been more impressed tuning in to RAW or a WWE PPV).

The AEW production values are better than anything WCW or TNA ever did. Let's see how big a role (if any) that plays in attracting viewers.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You seem a little emotional to me. I corrected someone's spelling but wasn't referring to that when said what I said. I was responding to the fact that dismissing someone whose opinion you might not agree with as not knowing anything about wrestling is inane. If you'd like to cry some more, be my guest.
"Cry more" he says, crying more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No idea what the feck you're all arguing about in a wrestling thread but cut it out or warnings will start to be handed out.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Their presentation looks superb, to be fair. That was always something that most promotions lacked, and which helped WWE to an extent during the Monday Night Wars ( I think that even when WCW was a better show, it didn't look as polished and a casual tuning in might have been more impressed tuning in to RAW or a WWE PPV).

The AEW production values are better than anything WCW or TNA ever did. Let's see how big a role (if any) that plays in attracting viewers.
It was one of my issues with AEW when it first started. A lot of it came off amateurish to me, but over time their production value has certainly increased.

Ekeke

So WWE are handling a new reboot of American Gladiators. I guess thats something for some of the guys who arent up to much to do. Cant imagine any of the bigger stars doing it and risking getting injured

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Praise be Kevin Dunn

Sylar

Watching nxt. Ill say one thing, it's not dull at all right now

Triple Hs nxt did get boring and I think the main reasons are because nothing on nxt mattered and they became counter programming (kross losing to hardy was it)

At least the new one, there's a chance things may matter as it has the same eye on it that the main shows do, and we might actually get youth on raw and sd. Maybe.
(well until Vince does his usual three weeks and gets bored)

The WWE camera work is still annoying especially during fights , somebody will get a seizure

Cameron Grimes is still great.
Bronn is everything Steiner but with name

Not sure who the face/heel is with Elektra/bFab?

Wade with the line of the night saying thankfully Dexter learnt oral skills before his wedding

The other two commentators reaction, and then Wade 'realising' was fantastic

Don't know why I laughed when Mandy said batteredly and beatened. Mandy is a decent talker regardless of that line
Toxic attraction are good to look at, so theres that

Ladron de redcafe

It was one of my issues with AEW when it first started. A lot of it came off amateurish to me, but over time their production value has certainly increased.
I think so as well. They either hired the right people after that or increased their production budget.
Praise be Kevin Dunn
For all the hate he gets, he got a lot right back then. The angle selected when Shawn Michaels hits Bret with Sweet Chin Music to win the championship at WrestleMania 12. The camera cut after Shawn's SCM to Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 which sent Undertaker into a Triple H pedigree. The shot of McMahon with a bloodied face at Wrestlemania 19.

They might be getting enamoured with too many camera cuts these days but for the most part, there's been nobody better in terms of production.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You would think a mass exodus of fans leaving would be filmed by other fans on their phones.

Funny that.
Sorry this is two pages back, but just the sheer idea that hundreds of people would get up and leave the building mid show, due to one segment :lol: this would literally never happen short of Vince coming out and shovelling actual human excrement into the audience.

choccy77

Grow up. You could easily flip that and apply it to yourself. My saying you know nothing about wrestling is what you deserved.

There is nobody at WWE called Pritchard. You might mean have meant Bruce Prichard but evidently can't even spell his name despite googling who he is before your post.
Dude, clearly you have issues, I wish you well.

Ladron de redcafe

The Edge situation is just the latest. I'm pretty sure there was an accurate report about Becky Lynch last week that had her tag Meltzer and correct whatever his latest inaccurate report was.

Sylar

Rampage was great fun, it wasn't live so didn't have that same affect as dynamite

The matches overall maybe better though.
Jungle boy is gonna be a big star, he's great

Hobbs landing on his head was brutal but otherwise a good wrestling match. Punk doesn't look like he's been away for a long time so kudos to him

Anna Jay match was decent given how little amount of matches she has had but it seems it was background for the dark order stuff

The flying kick to Jericho was badass. Pvz trying to be a heel is funny stuff.

The lights out match was ok, little slow at times and not my type of match but was entertaining.
Cool to see homicide though him coming out was weird, it was filmed in a weird manner with his music playing for a second. His name showing for a second then him coming out like ten seconds later especially as he wasn't saving or evening odds

Ekeke

Well that took forever. I'm guessing we probably shouldnt have seen Alexa's giant polo mint and that more white stuff was supposed to be coming out her mouth

Sylar

Well that took forever. I'm guessing we probably shouldnt have seen Alexa's giant polo mint and that more white stuff was supposed to be coming out her mouth
Yeah, that ending was just weird

Then I found out, this is her home town, so it probably has Vince giggling in the back.

Ekeke

Very good match Bianca and Becky.
Easily one of Becky's best. But a match full of dueling chants, face vs face. The finish at least leads to someone being a heel

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Homicide was a bizarre choice for the main event of Grand Slam. Nobody really cared for Suzuki's entrance despite the protestations a few weeks ago. Good meme for a few weeks though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very good PPV - not a bad match on it.

Kinda hate how they not only wasted the Demon, but also that power-up - which was ridiculous and straight out of a superhero show, and i totally got a kick out off - with Roman still winning at the end. The rope break was naff too.

Also, Highlight of the show:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wwe is so unbelievably shite. You just know what will happen every time, theres no enjoyment to it anymore.

Im looking at AEW and loving the product, the wrestlers, the fueds and the unpredictability.

I think AEW have completely overtaken WWE for sure. Sure WWE will make big money for a bit longer but it wont last. I bet theyre hyping reigns for a fued with Rock at Wrestlemania or something :lol:

Sylar

Wow WWE manage to find ways to ruin some great wrestling

The wrestling on the show was a lot of fun helped by a freakin hot crowd

Yet we have an extreme Rules ppv that has one extreme rules match? And a DQ?

The post match Alexa/Charlotte stuff was ridiculous. The ending of Bianca/Becky was shit., another lame DQ ending
And the ending to the main event was hilarious. I thought demon king powering up was actually quite fun, it's the first time he's ever powered up and then they still have him lose. Will they even follow up on that cos story wise Balor was screwed by God, or demon king is too fat for the top rope or somebody tampered? Or he should he suing WWE :lol:

Pat McAfee remains awesome

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're in Alexa's hometown and they don't even announce her but they do announce Charlotte from North Carolina. Bizarre.

Don't even know what the main event ending was.

Very good match Bianca and Becky. Easily one of Becky's best. But a match full of dueling chants, face vs face. The finish at least leads to someone being a heel
"Face vs face"

Name Changed

weso26
Very good PPV - not a bad match on it.

Kinda hate how they not only wasted the Demon, but also that power-up - which was ridiculous and straight out of a superhero show, and i totally got a kick out off - with Roman still winning at the end. The rope break was naff too.

Also, Highlight of the show:

Totally agree. The Demon is done now. What a waste. Ridiculous ending.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tbh applaud them for attempting to keep the demon king strong whilst losing. Demon king is winning that if it not for an act of God, fair play.

Ekeke

They're in Alexa's hometown and they don't even announce her but they do announce Charlotte from North Carolina. Bizarre.

Don't even know what the main event ending was.

"Face vs face"

If both people are having dueling chants, you don't have a heel in the match. You have 2 people the crowd want to win. One whilst doing everything she can think of to try and get boo'd, the other doing everything she can to get cheered. And they are 50/50 dueling chants.

Sasha will get a full heel reaction though so its saved now.

Ekeke

Tbh applaud them for attempting to keep the demon king strong whilst losing. Demon king is winning that if it not for an act of God, fair play.
So The Demon controls the music, the lighting, a heart rate monitor and can zap himself to life. But he can't control the turnbuckle, thats his one weakness.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So The Demon controls the music, the lighting, a heart rate monitor and can zap himself to life. But he can't control the turnbuckle, thats his one weakness.
Since when has wrestling, especially the WWE's brand of sports entertainment, been moderately realistic? Vince McMahon died and came back to life the very next week without a scratch but a demon falling off a turnbuckle is where you draw the line?

Ekeke

Since when has wrestling, especially the WWE's brand of sports entertainment, been moderately realistic? Vince McMahon died and came back to life the very next week without a scratch but a demon falling off a turnbuckle is where you draw the line?
Its not about being realistic. Its about making some amount of sense. You can do all that Demon stuff, even if some people wont like it, but what went wrong for him undermined everything we just saw. If you're telling the story of someone who is more than a man and in his moment of need suddenly has all these powers, falling off a turnbuckle is comedy.

Imagine if The Undertaker came back from being buried alive, or after sitting up from the best shot of his opponent. Only to then trip over his untied shoelace and get pinned.

choccy77

Its not about being realistic. Its about making some amount of sense. You can do all that Demon stuff, even if some people wont like it, but what went wrong for him undermined everything we just saw. If you're telling the story of someone who is more than a man and in his moment of need suddenly has all these powers, falling off a turnbuckle is comedy.

Imagine if The Undertaker came back from being buried alive, or after sitting up from the best shot of his opponent. Only to then trip over his untied shoelace and get pinned.
Don't give Vinnie ideas

choccy77

So the only 2 matches worth watching on RAW last night were....

Opening match Big E v Lashley
Main Event Big E v Lashley

The rest can be skipped