Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SparkedIntoLife

Any Royal Rumble predictions?

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Johnny Knoxville, Austin Theory, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, Sheamus, WWE United States Champion Damian Priest, AJ Styles, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Sami Zayn, Madcap Moss, Happy Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens, Omos, Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, Randy Orton, Riddle, RAW Tag Team Champion Otis, RAW Tag Team Champion Chad Gable, Ricochet, Rick Boogs, WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, 5 Superstars TBA

WINNER: Riddle
REST OF FINAL 4: Randy Orton, Austin Theory, Bron Breakker
MOST ELIMINATIONS: Omos
IRON MAN: Austin Theory
OTHER 5 ENTRANTS: Chris Masters, Bron Breakker, LA Knight, Roderick Strong, Tommaso Ciampa
NOTABLE HAPPENINGS: Rey to eliminate Dominick. Styles to eliminate Omos.

30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair, Rhea Ripley, Nikki A.S.H., WWE Hall of Famer Nikki Bella, WWE Hall of Famer Brie Bella, Shotzi, Natalya, Michelle McCool, WWE 24/7 Champion Dana Brooke, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Carmella, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Queen Zelina Vega, Impact Knockouts Champion Mickie James, Tamina Snuka, Kelly Kelly, Aliyah, Summer Rae, Naomi, Shayna Baszler, WWE Hall of Famer Lita, Liv Morgan, Bianca Belair, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, 7 participants TBA

WINNER: Charlotte Flair
REST OF FINAL 4: Sasha Banks, Paige, Bianca Belair
MOST ELIMINATIONS: Rhea Ripley/Raquel Gonzalez
IRON MAN: Bianca Belair
OTHER 7 ENTRANTS: Paige, Sarah Logan, Melina, Kaitlin, Mandy Rose, Raquel Gonzalez, Io Shirai
NOTABLE HAPPENINGS: The rest of Toxic Attraction to assist Mandy from the outside.

WWE Title Match
Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar (c)

WINNER: Brock Lesnar

WWE Universal Title Match
Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (c)
SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are banned from ringside.

WINNER: Roman Reigns

RAW Women’s Title Match
Doudrop vs. Becky Lynch (c)

WINNER: Becky Lynch

Mixed Tag Team Match
WWE Hall of Famers Edge and Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz and Maryse

WINNERS: Miz and Maryse

I’m thinking Rousey comes back but not at Rumble. Maybe Elimination Chamber (pre-announced).

paulscholes18

Any Royal Rumble predictions?

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Johnny Knoxville, Austin Theory, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, Sheamus, WWE United States Champion Damian Priest, AJ Styles, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Sami Zayn, Madcap Moss, Happy Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens, Omos, Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, Randy Orton, Riddle, RAW Tag Team Champion Otis, RAW Tag Team Champion Chad Gable, Ricochet, Rick Boogs, WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, 5 Superstars TBA

WINNER: Brock Lesnar
REST OF FINAL 4:
Omos, Austin Theory, AJ Styles
MOST ELIMINATIONS: Omos
IRON MAN: AJ Styles
OTHER 5 ENTRANTS:
Brock, Bron Breakker, LA Knight, Bad Bunny, Tommaso Ciampa
NOTABLE HAPPENINGS: Knoxville to eliminate Zayn, Riddle to eliminate Orton

30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair, Rhea Ripley, Nikki A.S.H., WWE Hall of Famer Nikki Bella, WWE Hall of Famer Brie Bella, Shotzi, Natalya, Michelle McCool, WWE 24/7 Champion Dana Brooke, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Carmella, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Queen Zelina Vega, Impact Knockouts Champion Mickie James, Tamina Snuka, Kelly Kelly, Aliyah, Summer Rae, Naomi, Shayna Baszler, WWE Hall of Famer Lita, Liv Morgan, Bianca Belair, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, 7 participants TBA

WINNER: Ronda Rousey
REST OF FINAL 4: Sasha Banks, Bianca, Bayley
MOST ELIMINATIONS: Ripley
IRON MAN:
Bianca Belair
OTHER 7 ENTRANTS: , Cameron, Melina, Kaitlin, Mandy Rose, Raquel Gonzalez, Io Shirai, Ronda Rousey
NOTABLE HAPPENINGS:
Becky to attack Ronda after the match.

WWE Title Match
Bobby Who vs. Brock Lesnar (c)

WINNER: Bobby Who

WWE Universal Title Match
Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (c)
SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are banned from ringside.

WINNER: Roman Reigns

RAW Women’s Title Match
Doudrop vs. Becky Lynch (c)

WINNER: Becky Lynch

Mixed Tag Team Match
WWE Hall of Famers Edge and Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz and Maryse

WINNERS: Edge and Beth

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Really poor that they've announced 25 of the 30 for the Royal Rumble. Hardly any surprise value.

paulscholes18

The fact they keep saying how long Reigns has been champ is making me think that Rollins walks out the winner

Ekeke

Its kinda funny when you watch wrestlers and they have no idea how to defend against a guillotine like they've never seen an mma fight before.

AshRK

Wwe can't look beyond Brock. The lack of starpower is worrying. Brock Roman Drew Lashley and maybe Rollins. Rest are all booked like nobodies. Let us get over with roman/brock thing at mania. Pretty boring already.

On a side note would have loved if Roman came in number 30 and won the rumble just for fun.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I haven't watched in years, but caught the second half of the mens rumble, and it really does look weak. Half of them just look like jobbers, or clowns making up numbers. Beyond the massive 7ft black guy (Omos?), none of them looked like actual threats except Drew. It looked like a bunch of filler to just prop Brock and Drew up.

They all just seem to lack actual credible threat in the match and entrances. Though probably doesn't help when the only match I watched does have a whole lot of holding and pushing around the ropes to fill time/space.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Horrendous. Hard to believe things have got this bad. Even growing up in the New Generation, there were more stars than this. So boring.

Castia

First wwe even I’ve watched since the fiend got squashed by Goldberg within 10 seconds

Just got done with the first match….they ended a world title fight at Royal Rumble by a stupid DQ? ffs I’m already annoyed.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
As every year goes by the Rumble exposes WWE’s inability to make new stars. Hardly anyone to be excited by, can see why Vince might sell up.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
First wwe even I’ve watched since the fiend got squashed by Goldberg within 10 seconds

Just got done with the first match….they ended a world title fight at Royal Rumble by a stupid DQ? ffs I’m already annoyed.
The ending made perfect sense from a storytelling perspective. The whole build up has been about Seth scratching at Roman's old wounds about the Shield breakup and it was perfectly done. Roman's acting throughout this feud has been top notch, his facial expressions convey the hurt he still feels at what Seth did and so he snapped. It wasn't about winning the match it was about retribution. Seth has been the first one to get through the cold and manipulative Tribal Chief character and they played it perfectly last night.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I enjoyed the womens rumble much more than the mens. I thought the mens was really dull.

The Hilton

It's actually quite impressive how boring they managed to make the rumble this year, and it really does seem like nobody matters outside of Reigns and Lesnar.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's actually quite impressive how boring they managed to make the rumble this year, and it really does seem like nobody matters outside of Reigns and Lesnar.
Wish I'd not cashed out I had Rousey, Lesnar, Becky in a treble and the bookies tempted me too much when the Rousey rumours were strong.

cyberman

Thought it was shit. Didn’t recognise half the roster and everybody just stood around.

Castia

Finally watched the whole show….oh boy what a load of shite as usual. First event I‘ve watched since the Fiend was squashed within 10 seconds to Goldberg and I will probably make Wrestlemania my yearly dose of WWE content from here it’s just awful.

As soon as the Seth/Roman match opened the show I knew the loser of that would enter the Rumble and win its was obvious right off the bat, match ended in a DQ and I’d already had enough.

Ronda being back was good, Charlotte at Mania again is a big match. I didn’t know a few wrestlers in the males rumble I’d presume they’re from ‘NXT 2.0’ or from 1995 feck me their cringe characters aimed at 8 year old kids what the hell is going on on WWE It’s absolutely dead.

Are there generally people who watch this regularly and enjoy it? Its never been this bad surely. It’s criminal as well the roster they had over the last 4-5 years is one of the strongest ever.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah I was really really disappointed with that, had some pretty high hopes too.

I thought Roman and Seth were having a great match, working well together, and they had the crowd... And then that screwy finish happened and it was all downhill from there.

Same thing with Brock and Lashley, building well until those crappy ref bumps... I realise they needed a screwy finish, but surely they could have done it better then that?!

Mens rumble felt so by the numbers too, didn't seem to create any storylines or further any. Brock winning was the only call after Big E got dumped out fairly unceremoniously, so at least they good that right.

Last edited:

Dan600

First time I can remember I haven’t bought the rumble or the network for it. Love the rumbles and have always watched from the early 90s as a little kid. The one part of WWE I still always watched, until now.

Watched a highlight video and by all accounts didn’t miss much. Quite disappointing really, the Rumble always seems like the one event that won’t let the viewer down.

If I’d paid for this I’d be irritated I think, no real decent nostalgia/big debuts or anything, all the title matches were meh/had screwyfinishes, nothing really redeeming, at least in the highlights.

Minkaro

The music sucks now. It all sounds the same, there’s nothing that’s instantly recognisable. No glass smashing, no car crash noise, it’s just identikit stuff.

I only watched Reigns/Rollins (good, but poor ending), and the two Rumbles.

I love the Rumble match, but these were just dull. No interest in sticking around.

choccy77

Didnt watch RR as the results already leaked couple of weeks ago.

This is the problem with WWE now, it's just so predictable and badly booked and it's not interesting.

Apparently, WWE are doing everything they can to stop Jeff Hardy going to AEW.

They have tried to recall him back and he has refused, he has also refused a HOF induction for this year also.

WWE finally released Jeff's drugs test result (after he has asked for it since he was fired) and it was clear of drugs, which WWE had been implying was reason for his release.

He officially becomes a free agent in March.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Easily the worst and least star studded rumble since 96, tedious.
I watched it with my boy and predicted every result. How bad is that?

Even the DQ opener and the Lashly win followed by the Rousey RR win and the Brock RR win.

Why do they employ these people?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didnt watch RR as the results already leaked couple of weeks ago.

This is the problem with WWE now, it's just so predictable and badly booked and it's not interesting.

Apparently, WWE are doing everything they can to stop Jeff Hardy going to AEW.

They have tried to recall him back and he has refused, he has also refused a HOF induction for this year also.

WWE finally released Jeff's drugs test result (after he has asked for it since he was fired) and it was clear of drugs, which WWE had been implying was reason for his release.

He officially becomes a free agent in March.
Nothing wrong with predictability in wrestling so long as its done well.

Rousey winning, and Lesnar losing to Lashley and winning the rumble was all the right way to go. It just wasn't excuted as well as it could have been.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The women's rumble was good fun I thought. If only for all the throw backs where they're so painfully short of numbers...although it was also quite well put together.

Enjoyed the Brock part of the men's one even though it was completely obvious, but the rest of it was boring.

The Rollins match was just weird. I don't get why they had him cheated out of it and went with the whole Shield angle when Reigns is going to be up against Brock anyway.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I watched it with my boy and predicted every result. How bad is that?

Even the DQ opener and the Lashly win followed by the Rousey RR win and the Brock RR win.

Why do they employ these people?
Same, it was completely predictable, they don't even try any more, it's just effortless. I'm binging attitude era raw and ppv in order at the moment, and the unpredictability was off the chart amd so much more gripping.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Also going from lita having slinky thongs poking over her low riders to big red granny pants made me feel fecking old

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So I haven't watched wrestling in a good while, just completely lost interest in it all but it was Royal Rumble and thought I'd check out a few bits. Was really looking forward to Lashley vs Lesnar, shame it was really about Reigns/Lesnar/Heyman. Mens Rumble exemplifies why I lost interest. Who are you supposed to be excited or interested in. Anyone you had hope in from NXT has all the good will sucked out because they never did anything, new call ups look so bland(Ridge Holland, jesus), others are guys who have been around ages who people got bored of years ago like Ziggler. Why is Riddick Moss still hired and why the hell is he eliminating AJ fecking Styles? Other than AJ you had to wait until Riddle came in at 20 for someone the crowd seemed genuinely interested in. Picked up when you got Mcintyre and Owens, guessing Kofi's thing was a feck up. You got a few bigish stars towards the end but they didn't really do much. Bad Bunny was the only one who really did anything. Other than the lack of star power the other takeaways was just how boring the whole match was and how everyone's entrance music is so bland, guess its fitting really. CFOS may have gotten repetitive but at least I could identify who was coming out by their music. Didn't even bother with the women's rumble. I know they've gutted their womens division so much so had to really scrap the bottom of the barrel to fill the numbers. 15 proper roster members is absolutely pathetic. Couldn't even bother to use some of women from NXT, which probably tells you how the futures of Io Shira, Dakota Kai and Indie Hartwell are gonna go.

Ekeke

Nothing wrong with predictability in wrestling so long as its done well.

Rousey winning, and Lesnar losing to Lashley and winning the rumble was all the right way to go. It just wasn't excuted as well as it could have been.
I agree that predictability doesnt mean something is bad. In fact most of the time when something is a "swerve" or twist when it comes to WWE its bad because the reason its a twist is that it doesnt make sense. Off the top of my head one of these examples would be the Liv Morgan hype up videos after the Riott Squad where on a weekly basis we'd have her teased as a blonde and saying shes different now. And then she came out in the middle of a Lashley and Lana storyline to say that she's had a relationship with Lana.

Yes nobody saw that coming... Because it was crap and didnt make any sense and clearly just thrown in last minute.

The problem is that the Lesnar rumble win wasnt predictable because thats how the story should go, it was predictable because of the philosophy of the company and what they've done most years.

The big, old, part timers who used to be stars come in and look like they're much bigger stars over the current guys, so theres nothing exciting or being built. Its just what you've had already in the past.

If it was predictable because it made sense in the storyline for Randy Orton to turn on Riddle and try to throw him out when they're the last two, but Riddle reversed it and threw Randy out instead raising him to a main event level then its predictable, but its new and its going somewhere and has some excitement for where it goes into the future.

And I couldnt really think of anyone else than Riddle in that spot because we've already had Big E and Drew elevated. I'm not a fan of the guys doing so much comedy being at the top (including Orange Cassidy etc) so I wouldnt be as excited about Riddle getting that spot as I would have been years ago when he was doing indies. But I was just using him for the example.

It made sense for Hangman to be the one who beat Omega too, but it was something new and it was elevating him instead of going back to Jericho or something from previous years.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Not a fan of the women’s bringing so many past stars, when the likes of Xia Li or even Mandy Rose don’t get a look in.
Tamina spent most of the match stopping other people getting thrown out.

As for the men’s, was surprised to not see Finn Balor, The Usos, Erik or Ivar, Cesaro but it’s harder to fit them in.

Don’t like Ronda at all, she slagged off everything and everyone yet they still bend over backwards for her. She doesn’t sell any move either.

Rollins and Reigns match was good until the finish.

The pop that Randy Orton got seemed one of if not the loudest of the night, I do like RK Bro but also at the same time he could still be main eventing.