Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah, Dynamite was a real good two hours this week. Good matches with a nice variety in styles. Love how Long Island in AEW has already become WWE's Canada.

It will be interesting to see the final card for Double or Nothing. There still feels like a lot up in the air, but the main men's and women's title matches should be great. I'd like to see Deeb already get the Women's title. She's fantastic and ready to be an anchor of the weekly shows. Bound to be another great show though.

I could do with less Adam Cole though. My interest in NXT nosedived when Cole ascended to the main event and had those over-the-top matches with Gargano, whose previous matches with Ciampa and Andrade I loved. I'm a bit worried Gargano might be the joker in the Owen Hart Cup here and we get a Gargano v Cole final.

Sylar

Its gotta be Gargano or Cesaro right?
Also MJF is great (as is Punk)

Whatever these two are doing is just brilliant. What they did together was probably the best thing in wrestling.

Selbourne

I'm so bitter with NXT. I watched nearly every show without fail since 2013 but when they called up Kross and Lee and treated them like garbage was the final straw for me. Started watching AEW in the PPV when Daniel Bryan debuted and not looked back since. The show is not without it's faults but i'm glad i'm enjoying it and that my favourite wrestlers such as Samoa Joe is there now

Last edited:

The Hilton

Thought Cole vs Dax was Adam Cole's best match in AEW by a country mile. Darby vs Jeff was great fun too. Just all in all a great episode.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, Dynamite was a real good two hours this week. Good matches with a nice variety in styles. Love how Long Island in AEW has already become WWE's Canada.

It will be interesting to see the final card for Double or Nothing. There still feels like a lot up in the air, but the main men's and women's title matches should be great. I'd like to see Deeb already get the Women's title. She's fantastic and ready to be an anchor of the weekly shows. Bound to be another great show though.

I could do with less Adam Cole though. My interest in NXT nosedived when Cole ascended to the main event and had those over-the-top matches with Gargano, whose previous matches with Ciampa and Andrade I loved. I'm a bit worried Gargano might be the joker in the Owen Hart Cup here and we get a Gargano v Cole final.
can inject that into my veins :drool:

Sylar

I'm so bitter with NXT. I watched nearly every show without fail since 2013 but when they called up Kross and Lee and treated them like garbage was the final the straw for me. Started watching AEW in the PPV when Daniel Bryan debuted and not looked back since. The show is not without it's faults but i'm glad i'm enjoying it and that my favourite wrestles such as Samoa Joe is there now
I stopped watching nxt when kross got rolled up by hardy as an undefeated nxt champ on his raw debut without Scarlett and looking like a gimp :lol:
That was final nxt straw for me

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I stopped watching nxt when kross got rolled up by hardy as an undefeated nxt champ on his raw debut without Scarlett and looking like a gimp :lol:
That was final nxt straw for me
Yeah, that was it really. I wasn't particularly high on kross, but that was a different level of stupid. Was gone not too long after that too.

MUW4Eva

The best pure wrestling show weekly is NxT UK, this week's title match waw sensational, I don't know why more people don't regularly watch it.

Sylar

The best pure wrestling show weekly is NxT UK, this week's title match waw sensational, I don't know why more people don't regularly watch it.
Im guessing it's due to availability, also ultimately most things WWE and nxt don't matter

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Wwe need to sort their story telling out. Even the main event stuff is just all over the place.

Roman told the Usos to go and unify the tag team championships, then after they agreed the match, Roman ripped up the contract because he didn't want them to unify the tag titles? Then there was a completely pointless 6 man match instead which for some reason was on a ppv. Then after that the Usos and Roman agree to a match to unify the tag titles.

I mean what is the story telling even meant to be here? The origins of how Roman Reigns discovered he was bipolar?

cyberman

Tony using dirt sheets to answer back wrestlers needs to stop at this stage.
MJF does deserve a raise but pretending you have to add on years to a revised contract is beyond ridiculous, especially when AEW did just that with TNT last year. How many times does a wrestler open their mouth and an hour later they're reposting corporate tweets as their own? Or SRS etc just happen to have the entire story to report? Oh its a misunderstanding guys..
I mean, if fellow wrestlers don't actually want MJF to receive more money (as reported) then they're morons working in an incredibly toxic workplace.
It really is a house of cards

Sylar

Wwe need to sort their story telling out. Even the main event stuff is just all over the place.

Roman told the Usos to go and unify the tag team championships, then after they agreed the match, Roman ripped up the contract because he didn't want them to unify the tag titles? Then there was a completely pointless 6 man match instead which for some reason was on a ppv. Then after that the Usos and Roman agree to a match to unify the tag titles.

I mean what is the story telling even meant to be here? The origins of how Roman Reigns discovered he was bipolar?
Yeah the whole thing was a mess. And for that to then be the main event was nuts, as that match meant nothing and accomplished nothing.
At least the match before Ronda won the womans title (which should have been main event)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm so bitter with NXT. I watched nearly every show without fail since 2013 but when they called up Kross and Lee and treated them like garbage was the final straw for me. Started watching AEW in the PPV when Daniel Bryan debuted and not looked back since. The show is not without it's faults but i'm glad i'm enjoying it and that my favourite wrestlers such as Samoa Joe is there now
Is Lee doing anything better in AEW? He's facing nobodies on Youtube most weeks.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
MJF does deserve a raise but pretending you have to add on years to a revised contract is beyond ridiculous, especially when AEW did just that with TNT last year. How many times does a wrestler open their mouth and an hour later they're reposting corporate tweets as their own? Or SRS etc just happen to have the entire story to report? Oh its a misunderstanding guys..
I mean, if fellow wrestlers don't actually want MJF to receive more money (as reported) then they're morons working in an incredibly toxic workplace.
Generally if you want an increase in pay, an organisation will expect something in return. You either have the leverage of free agency at a certain date, or you sell that agency for greater renumeration. Hardly controversial for high profile, unique individuals working in industries where they will likely be headhunted and cannot be replaced like-for-like.

I would pretty much never be in favour of United giving their players pay rises if said player doesn’t want to increase their commitment to the club by the desired amount. When Bruno wanted enhanced terms to reflect his status at United, he had to commit.

AEW would be engaging in idiocy to offer MJF a main-event level salary with nothing in return. MJF is expecting to have his cake and to eat it, if he expects a big pay rise and to retain his leverage from free agency in a couple of years’ time. Do you think Mitrovic is entitled to ask Tony Khan to double his pay without committing to Fulham for three to five years?

Sylar

Generally if you want an increase in pay, an organisation will expect something in return. You either have the leverage of free agency at a certain date, or you sell that agency for greater renumeration. Hardly controversial for high profile, unique individuals working in industries where they will likely be headhunted and cannot be replaced like-for-like.

I would pretty much never be in favour of United giving their players pay rises if said player doesn’t want to increase their commitment to the club by the desired amount. When Bruno wanted enhanced terms to reflect his status at United, he had to commit.

AEW would be engaging in idiocy to offer MJF a main-event level salary with nothing in return. MJF is expecting to have his cake and to eat it, if he expects a big pay rise and to retain his leverage from free agency in a couple of years’ time. Do you think Mitrovic is entitled to ask Tony Khan to double his pay without committing to Fulham for three to five years?
I was kinda confused what the issue was, given I seemed to miss the context.

So is the annoyance that Tony Khan isnt paying MJF more money without asking for more years out of him?
Or did I misread this?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I was kinda confused what the issue was, given I seemed to miss the context.

So is the annoyance that Tony Khan isnt paying MJF more money without asking for more years out of him?
Or did I misread this?
When AEW started, MJF was signed as lower-midcard guy, albeit one who was recognised as having a lot of potential. The reports are that MJF apparently (quite rightly) believes he is currently paid less than his due. He understandably wants an increase in pay that reflects his current status in the company and position on the card.

The way it is being reported is that MJF wants to have his cake and eat it; MJF apparently doesn’t want to commit to AEW longer than he is currently contracted to, but he still wants a big increase in pay. This is all the while he keeps touting his upcoming free agency and openly flirting with the idea of jumping to WWE, which is as much a worked shoot as in kayfabe.

In this case, unsurprisingly, Tony Khan and a lot of MJF’s colleagues too impressed and think he is overplaying his hand. It’s fair enough for MJF to not resign if he is being offered terms that ask him to sign away his long-term future or offer too little renumeration, but it’s somewhat ludicrous to expect to be put onto a new tier of salary with there being nothing in the interest of the company.

choccy77

Yeah, was just reading article on this, Sasha went to Vince in person & he refused to change his stupid idea, so she walked out and Naomi followed her.

Same thing Vince did with her and Bailey soon as they won the titles before.

Vince needs to go tbh.

choccy77

Another article

This may or may not be related to anything but several fans have sent word that something within the last few days, Sasha Banks unfollowed a bunch of accounts on Twitter.

Some of the names unfollowed included Bayley, Becky Lynch, The Usos, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Vince McMahon and the official WWE account. Banks is currently following 6 accounts – Naomi, a couple of fansite accounts, John Cena, Tamina Snuka, and her cousin Snoop Dogg.

This happened before she walked out of tonight’s Raw, thus forcing WWE to change tonight’s main event. As noted earlier (via PWInsider), Banks was said to be unhappy with the creative for the main event. She was scheduled to be in a 6-Pack Challenge match to determine the number 1 contender for the Raw Women’s Championship.

Vince McMahon reportedly did not back down on his plans and Banks then decided to leave the building. WWE quickly scripted a backstage segment with Becky Lynch and Adam Pearce to explain why the main event was changed. It was also noted that Naomi also walked out of the building with Banks.

Maybe this has been building up for a while with Sasha and she will go ful, time into acting.

But what is interesting also, is that this week, there was a lot of talk of Naomi joining the Bloodline .....

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it was somebody less popular than Sasha Banks, she'd rightly be getting pelters for what she did. Storming out because you don't like the direction of a storyline is pathetic and she and Naomi owe an apology to the fans who'd paid to be there last night.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Completely unprofessional and not thhe first time stuff like this happens with Sasha.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Would love it if its a work.
If it's a work, then they're playing it very well. It was my first thought when I was reading it, but then I didn't think WWE would go down the route of 'Monday Night RAW is a scripted live TV show' if it was a work. I could be wrong though

vanthaman

Winner
If it's a work, then they're playing it very well. It was my first thought when I was reading it, but then I didn't think WWE would go down the route of 'Monday Night RAW is a scripted live TV show' if it was a work. I could be wrong though
They’ve never apologised for changing an advertised main event before and they do it pretty much every week with no mention

choccy77

Last time they did this kind of thing on air, is when they buried Austin for walking out and not working with Brock.

choccy77

By Mike Johnson on 2022-05-17 11:23:00
For those who have asked about the Raw walkout, one version of the story that has been floated by several PWInsider.com has spoken with is that the originally conceived finish was that the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions would face off during the main event of Raw in the Six Pack Challenge, with Naomi beating Banks to end the match.

PWInsider.com is told that the original plan for Raw would have seen Banks and Naomi featured in two or three segments building up the idea that they would be facing off in the Six Pack Challenge. Raw would have gone off the air with the pair celebrating that Naomi was going to face Belair at the Hell in the Cell PPV.

The conceived storyline idea was that Naomi would then go on to Hell In A Cell and lose to Bianca Belair. There are some who believe that at this week’s Smackdown, an angle would have also been shot for Sasha Banks to wrestle and lose to Ronda Rousey, likely also at HIAC. So, the Women's Tag Team Champions would have effectively have been used to put over the Raw and Smackdown Women's Championship titleholders.

We are told that at some point during the day, likely after the initial concerns about creative were raised, there was an alternative idea that would have been Banks and Naomi have a short tag team match instead and be beat down after to set up a different program. One source cited their opponents would have been Nikki A.S.H. and Doudrop but we have not 100% confirmed that to be the case.

We are told that shortly before Raw, Banks and Naomi were informed by WWE Producer Molly Holly that WWE was going with the Six Pack Challenge direction with Naomi going over. Shortly after, they informed John Laurinaitis they were leaving, leaving the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship belts behind.

PWInsider.com is told Vince McMahon, sitting at the gorilla position, was told about the talents leaving just as or right after Raw went on the air. The Becky Lynch-Adam Pearce segment was pitched on the spot (one source credited Lynch with the idea) and McMahon ordered it to be shot and then placed into the show to start explaining the change to the by-now announced Raw main event.

The belief among some is that the creative issue was not with Banks losing to Naomi but how the duo would have been portrayed over the next several weeks, especially after they had put so much time into building their team once Vince McMahon issued an edict that they would be teaming and winning the Women’s Tag Team titles at Wrestlemania 38 - and that after diving into building that team, they were going to wrestle each other and go off to put over other talents, leaving them, exactly where no one knows, which apparently was the crux of the issue. The WWE plan looks to have been that the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship would have been downplayed until their next program after Hell In A Cell concluded.

Vince again, showing that tag teams mean shite and yet, often are the best matches when allowd to be.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just bizarre all round - Sasha and Naomi were incredibly unproffesional to up and leave - especially considering they were a) actually booked on the show and b) one of them was booked to win and be in a title match - most of the roster would kill to have such booking. Yeah they might be unhappy with the tag direction - but they signed a contract and get paid to be at the creative whims of Vince, thats the job - and it really could be a whole lot worse.

Having said that, the statement from WWE was really feckin' dumb. Made them sound really childish.

MUW4Eva

I am just trying to imagine say if an actor on another TV show just upped and left, right before filming was going to begin, or say right before a theatre performance, because they were unhappy with what they were expected to be doing, how well that would go down etc, would that be any different to what happened here?

Castia

The pre sale is starting today for WWE Cardiff just waiting for my email code ffs.

The site is up and ready for anybody lucky enough to have received their code

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The pre sale is starting today for WWE Cardiff just waiting for my email code ffs.

The site is up and ready for anybody lucky enough to have received their code
PM sent.

I just got my tickets to say my boy is happy is an understatement.

Sylar

Got my tickets too. Feckin pricey.
So looks like doors open at 3 and event starts at 5.30. Guessing that might be a one hour preshow they normally do?
I hope it is anyway.

Castia

PM sent.

I just got my tickets to say my boy is happy is an understatement.

Thank you!!

Thank's all for the help i managed to get tickets

Ended up in t3 at £155 a ticket i wasn't paying more than that

cheers! cant wait now

Castia

Got my tickets too. Feckin pricey.
So looks like doors open at 3 and event starts at 5.30. Guessing that might be a one hour preshow they normally do?
I hope it is anyway.

I was hoping 3 was a placeholder i cant book into my hotel till 3 :<

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Thank you!!

Thank's all for the help i managed to get tickets

Ended up in t3 at £155 a ticket i wasn't paying more than that

cheers! cant wait now
Excellent. I went with the 100 quid ones it's in the upper tier but that's fine. The screens are awesome in the stadium and the atmosphere is going to be something else.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Completely forgot presale was today, by 1245 it was only the £300 tickets left :mad: