Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

I haven’t watched wrestling in months but I’ve seen bits and bobs of Livs improvement and the hard work she must be putting in. I saw a clip of the power bomb to Lacey off the ladder and I knew Liv was fearless after her cage dive at elimination chamber but jumping over Raquel from the other side of the ladder head first hoping you can 1 grab Lacey to rotate yourself, and that Lacey is strong enough to hold and positioned right so you land feet first. She’s just fearless and if she keeps improving at the rate she is she’ll be a star if she’s not already.

props to Lacey as well for taking that powerbomb, no delay in it or adjusting. Just had full faith that Liv would put her down right.
I could tell years ago that Liv had the fearlessness to do some stuff due to how she was bumping for other people's moves to make them look good. At the time though her own offence needed some work. She had the Oblivion but not much else. She's worked for years and I would say the main thing is that shes just continued to get more popular by sticking around and working at it, without having some of the fast success that some of the other women get.

Now I hope they go with her and its not a temporary thing because the finish wasnt very strong looking. Its not like they let her do her finish, or pin a champ clean. So we'll have to see how its followed up on and hopefully she isnt the weak champion that everyone almost beats and she gets a few weak wins before being pinned. She can do a lot more than that given the chance

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's good that WWE are actually pushing young talent, and they're clearly all in on Theory...

But I do hate the trope of the bloke that's not in the match, winning the match.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lacey Evans is filth :drool:.

The Natalya Ronda match was so bad, both of them were sloppy as hell.

Theory winning was fecking stupid.
Nonsense. He's one of the best prospects in all of wrestling, if not the best. Crazy good for a 24 year old. Has all the tools to be a star. Push him to the moon.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Lacey Evans is filth :drool:.

Nonsense. He's one of the best prospects in all of wrestling, if not the best. Crazy good for a 24 year old. Has all the tools to be a star. Push him to the moon.
I don't deny that, he has everything you need to succeed in the business. I just think it's too soon for him to go for the main belt, having just lost his US title, and if he cashes in and loses it will make him look weak, which is stupid.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Just watched money in the bank there, the street profits v Usos was one of the best matches I’ve seen this year, was brilliant, so happy for wee Liv even though I thought Ronda was going to win, ( after Brie she’s my girl). Woman’s match was not bad, ( Nattie v Ronda), other woman’s Match - meh., US title match was good (hopefully sets up Walter v Lashley at Survivor Series ), men’s match was good until the finish( what is the point???) Hate Austin Theory.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Obviously WWE gives wrestlers their names so they can keep the rights but Liv Morgan's real name is the most wrestling name ever; Gionna Daddio and they give her "Liv Morgan". Something reminiscent of a 44 year old librarian.

Sylar

Really hope liv gets a run and isn't going to just lose to Charlotte soon

The tag titles match was brilliant. Ending was really done well too I thought. Hope they don't have a rematch and they split up street profits. Saying that Ford is just excellent

I can see theory cashing in and losing (maybe cashing in on the Roman / Brock match and it back firing )

That vid package for Edge right?

WWE is so much more fun watching like this (just premium events). Also McAfee is great. Corey is also great at covering botches and giving explanations

Crowd was hot and helped the show a lot

MUW4Eva

I quite enjoyed Raw, especially the two women's matches.

Becky & Askua work really well together.

TheGame

It's good that WWE are actually pushing young talent, and they're clearly all in on Theory...

But I do hate the trope of the bloke that's not in the match, winning the match.
The problem with Theory is similar to the original problem they had with Reigns where he is being pushed down fans throats and he hasn't even got the experience that even Reigns had then. Fans aren't annoyed about him because he's a heel, its audible groans you here as he hasn't built up the reputation yet.

MUW4Eva

The problem with Theory is similar to the original problem they had with Reigns where he is being pushed down fans throats and he hasn't even got the experience that even Reigns had then. Fans aren't annoyed about him because he's a heel, its audible groans you here as he hasn't built up the reputation yet.
I quite like Theory as a heel, perhaps I am in the minority then...

MUW4Eva

He is a good heel but as for a run at the championship, not sure he is good enough yet.
Perhaps not, plus what is happening in terms of this Cardiff event??

Isn't "Big D" supposed to be challenging for the title there??

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Perhaps not, plus what is happening in terms of this Cardiff event??

Isn't "Big D" supposed to be challenging for the title there??
I think he will - I can see them wrangling it so it's only for one of the titles (so he can win, and Roman still stays a champion)

I don't see Theory cashing in at Summerslam - he's not at the level where people will buy him as a world champion yet (but then I'm not sure he'll do enough to get there in a year regardless)

cyberman

I think he will - I can see them wrangling it so it's only for one of the titles (so he can win, and Roman still stays a champion)

I don't see Theory cashing in at Summerslam - he's not at the level where people will buy him as a world champion yet (but then I'm not sure he'll do enough to get there in a year regardless)
Theory can only challenge for one title, he can’t combine both titles and claim he’s cashing it in for the undisputed title. That’s how they’ll split the titles again and have a Roman lose to a cowardly heel in ridiculous circumstances without actually having to lose to another established star.
It could really make Theory, the man is a stud as it is

Bwuk

Theory will cash in later on in the year. Wouldn't be surprised if he cashes in on McIntyre after he beats Roman for one of the titles in Cardiff.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Theory can only challenge for one title, he can’t combine both titles and claim he’s cashing it in for the undisputed title. That’s how they’ll split the titles again and have a Roman lose to a cowardly heel in ridiculous circumstances without actually having to lose to another established star.
It could really make Theory, the man is a stud as it is
Yeah thats not a bad shout - but then you have the issue of Drew losing in Wales, and you'll think they'd want to go off the big UK show with the face winning (though it is the WWE so I guess they won't mind the home guy losing)

I think if Theory wins the title too quickly he'll just go the way of The Miz - no one will buy it/accept it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I seem to remember feeling like Kurt Angle wasn't ready to be champion when he won it at No Mercy in 2000, but I was only 11, so maybe I was just buying too much into the kayfabe of him being shit because he's a heel.

I think it could make Theory, but I also think this side of Survivor Series would be too soon. They need to build him up over the next 6-12 months

Sylar

I can see theory cashing in ala Rollins making a match a triple threat so Roman doesn't eat a pin, but in fact it's theory that takes the pin (loses it like Corbin)

Sylar

Wrestling has some bad things but yesterday might be one of the worst things I've seen

The end of 'scissor me daddy ass'

Too soon... Way too soon!

Sylar

McAfee signing extension with Wwe
He is one of the best things about wwe and has given Cole new life. Great partnership

Zen

Vinny about to get mullered..... it's up to 4 payoffs now

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Vinny about to get mullered..... it's up to 4 payoffs now
And these are far more dodgy than getting sucked off by an intern and paying her to keep quiet. Coercion, demoting and sacking women after fecking them and sending nudes of himself to employees.

We've seen the last of Vince in wrestling. I think he knew it too and he wanted to selfishly soak it up from the crowd one last time a few weeks ago.

gormless

And these are far more dodgy than getting sucked off by an intern and paying her to keep quiet. Coercion, demoting and sacking women after fecking them and sending nudes of himself to employees.

We've seen the last of Vince in wrestling. I think he knew it too and he wanted to selfishly soak it up from the crowd one last time a few weeks ago.

This is Vince we’re talking about. He’ll probably write himself to win the title on Monday

Zen

This is still no way near the end of it. This is just the financial trail stuff, they'll be stuff that was blown over that he probably didn't have to pay out for .... I'm gonna guess there's going to be revelations from people who weren't paid off so are reasonably free from NDA stuff.

Red Rash

This is still no way near the end of it. This is just the financial trail stuff, they'll be stuff that was blown over that he probably didn't have to pay out for .... I'm gonna guess there's going to be revelations from people who weren't paid off so are reasonably free from NDA stuff.
Let's be honest wrestling was pretty crazy in the 80s and 90s. I'm sure there was plenty of dodgy things that happened during that era that were seen as "normal" within wrestling circles that people would be appalled about today.

Just listen to some road stories from the old school wrestlers and it was crazy.

cyberman

Let's be honest wrestling was pretty crazy in the 80s and 90s. I'm sure there was plenty of dodgy things that happened during that era that were seen as "normal" within wrestling circles that people would be appalled about today.

Just listen to some road stories from the old school wrestlers and it was crazy.
AEWs social media manager took a date rape drug into a bar and a wrestler accidentally drank it and then died.
Not a shot at AEW but even the most mundane wrestling position could have a horrifying history.

Red Rash

AEWs social media manager took a date rape drug into a bar and a wrestler accidentally drank it and then died.
Not a shot at AEW but even the most mundane wrestling position could have a horrifying history.
Yea probably a lot of stories that have been embellished over the years but look at the stories about the likes of Meng, Andre The Giant, the Kliq and many others and some of the stuff that went down was wild

MUW4Eva

So what is going to happen first, Vince to no longer be in charge of WWE at all of anything, creatively or otherwise, or Boris to no longer be a squatter at number 10??

Bwuk

So what is going to happen first, Vince to no longer be in charge of WWE at all of anything, creatively or otherwise, or Boris to no longer be a squatter at number 10??
Boris.

Vince will ride this out unless a current talent says something.

Zen

Well yes, we know, I guess as wrestling fans, a MeToo moment wouldn't be overly surprising as well, as bad as it sounds, we we're in on it as the viewers back then, we knew what went on on the shows and we heard all the crazy shit from backstage, most of it which has been revealed to be pretty true at this point.

Nothing would surprise me about Vince, and I've said this since the second Weinstein got his, Vince was a dead man walking, I'm stunned he got this far.