Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Minkaro

Rumours going round that Vince wants to buy Newcastle United. I'm posting it in here rather than around the forum because A) it's obviously bull droppings, and B) can't be bothered with the LOLWRESTLING brigade.

How great would it be though if Newcastle held a press conference to announce a new owner, and Vince's music hit and he came swaggering out?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Rumours going round that Vince wants to buy Newcastle United. I'm posting it in here rather than around the forum because A) it's obviously bull droppings, and B) can't be bothered with the LOLWRESTLING brigade.

How great would it be though if Newcastle held a press conference to announce a new owner, and Vince's music hit and he came swaggering out?
I would love it if he bought them! Love it!

vanthaman

Winner
Please be true, imagine the substitutions, the floodlights go out, the big screen counts down 3..2..1 pyro explodes and a heavy riff sounds and out the tunnel comes Sammy Ameobi

Minkaro

Bray is stupidly good on the mic. Easily my favourite promoist in WWE. That's not because I don't rate others, I think Ambrose, Punk, Heyman etc. are excellent on the mic, but Bray is just another level entirely.

Minkaro

Fantastic match on RAW just. Cesaro looked like a beast, and Cena more than held his own in there. Great work from both men.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I've been watching some old matches. These two moments made me smile wide.

1.Watch from 4:55 onwards for the best part.

2. Double rock bottom:

3. The rock gives the people what they want. Watch from 10:15.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've been watching some old matches. These two moments made me smile wide.

1.Watch from 4:55 onwards for the best part.
It's a shame Angle is so banged up these days, would be amazing if WWE brought him back and put him on a limited schedule instead of crap like Batista.

Imagine the reaction if this started playing for a surprise return....

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It's a shame Angle is so banged up these days, would be amazing if WWE brought him back and put him on a limited schedule instead of crap like Batista.

Imagine the reaction if this started playing for a surprise return....

As much as I love Angle, I'd be beyond words with delight if that kicked off, and then, HE walked out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's no age - but having a body like that must take it's toll. RIP.

On RAW - Cesaro vs. Cena was superb... best TV match I've seen for a while. If that doesn't make them see Cesaro as a main-eventer I don't know what will.

On Cena - he's on the latest Austin podcast and it's definitely worth a listen. Despite sometimes being annoyed with how he's booked - I can't help but like the bloke - he's a great spokesperson for the company and always comes across really well. Also, when he's with the right opponent (and sometimes when he isn't) he is capable of having some really fantastic matches.

Minkaro

Very sad to hear of Viscera's passing, and actually more sad that it doesn't surprise me. I believe his release from WWE the second time around was because he was struggling to lose weight, and when I saw him last (vs. Akebono at an AJPW show), he looked awfully sluggish.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
RIP Viscera.

Cesaro vs Cena was an insane match; that suplex from outside to inside the ring :eek:

Anyone think Undertaker will return with his American Bad Ass gimmick? He was on a TV advert not too long ago with his bandana and such on and we all know Taker never breaks kayfabe. Also when Barrett wiped all the little superstar figures to the floor, Goldust made the comment about Undertaker and his Harley. Maybe I'm reading too much into it... or maybe not!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
RIP Viscera.

Cesaro vs Cena was an insane match; that suplex from outside to inside the ring :eek:

Anyone think Undertaker will return with his American Bad Ass gimmick? He was on a TV advert not too long ago with his bandana and such on and we all know Taker never breaks kayfabe. Also when Barrett wiped all the little superstar figures to the floor, Goldust made the comment about Undertaker and his Harley. Maybe I'm reading too much into it... or maybe not!
Isn't the bandana and junk stuff he wears all the time IRL?

I can imagine him wanting to come back with it though, as it's probably his preferred style.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Isn't the bandana and junk stuff he wears all the time IRL?

I can imagine him wanting to come back with it though, as it's probably his preferred style.
I think he is a hells angel/biker in real life.

Supposedly he is a legitimate hard bastard and was used by McMahon to sort out wrestlers that were getting out of line.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I think he is a hells angel/biker in real life.

Supposedly he is a legitimate hard bastard and was used by McMahon to sort out wrestlers that were getting out of line.
He's deffo a biker/bike enthusiast, I don't know that he has any hells angel connections though.

The hard bastard stuff can't be far from the truth, with so many stories, at least the odd one must be at least some bit true.

Minkaro

There's loads of stories about there being a "wrestler's court" which was a court, oddly enough, for wrestlers who had done wrong. Matt and/or Jeff Hardy speak about it in their dual autobiography.

Also there's this:

When the Montreal Screwjob occurred Taker hunted for Vince McMahon and first said if he didn't get his ass out of his office he would beat the door down and kick it. When Vince did answer the door he was basically told, "If you want to still have a company tomorrow you better apologize to Bret Hart." He also said something along the lines of "Also, I'm quitting if you don't."

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The hard bastard stuff can't be far from the truth, with so many stories, at least the odd one must be at least some bit true.
I don't think there's many pro-Wrestlers who are not tough as old boots. Undertaker is certainly the most respected guy still (occassionally) lacing his boots but that's more down to his longevity/attitude/being a good man rather than people being scared of him.

Minkaro

Well, at least it's slightly more interesting than Hardy was in TNA before. Apart from that one match he had against Sting, I mean.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I don't think there's many pro-Wrestlers who are not tough as old boots. Undertaker is certainly the most respected guy still (occassionally) lacing his boots but that's more down to his longevity/attitude/being a good man rather than people being scared of him.
I'd imagine in the locker rooms, it's respect, but he is meant to be specially tough. He said himself, if MMA was as popular as it is now back in the day, he'd have gone down that route(no doubt successfully), and one story I read today(trying to look up the Hells Angels link) was about some time him and some of the wrestlers were at a bar, some lad was giving them hassle all night, so he beat the guy so bad the bouncers were afraid to ask him to leave. :lol: That one does sound a tad far fetched, tbh.
Meanwhile, what's aul Jeff Hardy up to in TNA?
Drugs. All the drugs.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Well, at least it's slightly more interesting than Hardy was in TNA before. Apart from that one match he had against Sting, I mean.
WWE.com actually had an article on him yesterday, it ended with this line....
His best days may still be yet to come.
Undertaker vs Sting confirmed! Kinda.

I haven't watched TNA in years, is he still with them?