Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

Archer wasn’t good enough or had enough about him to warrant a push, he was in the WWE and he got passed over.

I don’t think AEW even have the same confidence as you do of him getting over on his own, they put Jake Roberts with him. Braun never had that after he truely became Braun Strowman and not generic Wyatt monster.
Archer got over in Japan, he isnt someone just starting out. He was heavyweight tag champion multiple times with Harry Smith / Davey Boy Smith Jr and held the US title until losing to Jon Moxely in Jan 2020

Jake is there to give Jake a role and to continue giving former WCW talents who were on TNT in the past a bit of shine and screentime. It'll hopefully help him stay sober as well. Bret, Jake, Dustin, Tully, DDP they were all there.

Kenny Omega was with WWE too. I guess he didnt have enough about him and got passed over, until WWE wanted to throw money at him and sign him for the past several years

Braun doing this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They are really pushing Drew. Pretty decent vid. Just a shame he finally gets a big match on a big stage and it’s now in front of no one. They should really just push Mania back. Drop all the other crap shows they do and fit in Summer slam, Survivor series and the Rumble and it’s all you need.

McIntyre must have the best physique in the history of wrestling. That fecker looks like he's from a comic-book.

Ekeke

First Drew to current Drew is similar to the transformation of Lance Archer as well.

Both were fresh faced, skinny built big guys when they first came through

Now they both look like badasses and got a lot better

I still hope Drew wins and gets a proper run with the title despite the match being at Wrestlelamia. If he hasnt earned it over the past 5 years then nobody has.

Bwuk

Archer got over in Japan, he isnt someone just starting out. He was heavyweight tag champion multiple times with Harry Smith / Davey Boy Smith Jr and held the US title until losing to Jon Moxely in Jan 2020

Jake is there to give Jake a role and to continue giving former WCW talents who were on TNT in the past a bit of shine and screentime. It'll hopefully help him stay sober as well. Bret, Jake, Dustin, Tully, DDP they were all there.

Kenny Omega was with WWE too. I guess he didnt have enough about him and got passed over, until WWE wanted to throw money at him and sign him for the past several years

Braun doing this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omega asked to leave in developmental, got offered to come back and declined several times. They didn’t pass up on him.

Harry Smith is irrelevant in 2020.

Cool - he had a good match with Will Ospreay - who doesn’t?

No-ones putting Archer anywhere near some of the positions Braun’s been in.

Ekeke

Omega asked to leave in developmental, got offered to come back and declined several times. They didn’t pass up on him.

Harry Smith is irrelevant in 2020.

Cool - he had a good match with Will Ospreay - who doesn’t?

No-ones putting Archer anywhere near some of the positions Braun’s been in.
By nobody you mean WWE. One company.

Braun would never get into the G1, its about good wrestling matches

Bwuk

By nobody you mean WWE. One company.

Braun would never get into the G1, its about good wrestling matches
WWE is the biggest company in the world by far. Braun gets put into main stream positions i.e. Tyson Fury match because he's a good worker and can cross into the mainstream well.

Lance Archer won't even get to the main event of AEW, he's not even close to Braun.

Bad Luck Fale was in the last G1...

Ekeke

WWE is the biggest company in the world by far. Braun gets put into main stream positions i.e. Tyson Fury match because he's a good worker and can cross into the mainstream well.

Lance Archer won't even get to the main event of AEW, he's not even close to Braun.

Bad Luck Fale was in the last G1...
No he gets those chances because he's an attraction. He's something to look at and say "Thats a big guy"

When normal main eventers were 6'4 or 6'5, someone 6'6 wasnt an attraction. They'd need to be almost 7 feet, or in Giant Gonzalez' case big enough for the crowd to be told he's 8 feet tall and for them not to laugh at that number.

Now if he was a good worker, which he isnt, or if he had charisma, which he doesnt really then its a non issue. But he's not a good worker - he's as basic as they come. And his charisma and mic work is also very basic.

JP77

They were in a tough spot with Wrestlemania but tbh it's a bit shit that they're going to end a few of these stories/feuds in an empty arena without talent that has busted their asses for years not getting the true moment they deserve. McIntyre finally get's his moment but is it really going to be as special as it should have been in front of thousands of people? Edge/Orton, Becky/Shayna, Ripley/Flair etc should have all had a hot crowd in front of them.

Like I said, they were in a tough spot no doubt. If they chose to postpone it for a few months or so, do you just put all of the stories on hold and then resurface them when they go can back in front of a live crowd?

To me what would have made sense would have been postpone Wrestlemania until a later date and then have a different show in it's place. In Your House or whatever fecking name you want to come up with. Announce Wrestlemania is on hold, put together a new card, start a few angles for the mean time, keep the people you need to keep hot going and give the fans a big closed doors event. But Wrestlemania? I just can't see it feeling the same. There's no doubt I'll be watching and honestly hoping they knock it out of the ball park for the sake of the talent that have been busting their asses.

Sylar

I mean it's kinda funny when you're using Jim Cornette to push an argument.

Imagine if I used the same person to say why AEW is a joke / pretend wrestling etc

Bwuk

Imagine if I used the same person to say why AEW is a joke / pretend wrestling etc
Exactly. Would love to hear his thoughts on Matt Hardy and Jerichos promo. Beyond cringe.

Ekeke

He's making my point (or the point that he made before I even thought about it) that in the past Braun wouldnt be WWE's big attraction

Has nothing to do with what he thinks about current day wrestling. Its about what would have happened in Cornette's day.

If you can't seperate the two you're more lost than he is in an AEW crowd

Sylar

Braun isn't wwes big attraction now, so your point to discredit Braun is just plain odd.

Regardless if he didn't have charima as you put it he wouldn't be where he is now (and where he was a hear or so ago as the top face - who really should have beat Brock)

Sylar

Exactly. Would love to hear his thoughts on Matt Hardy and Jerichos promo. Beyond cringe.
Tbh I loved the Jericho Hardy stuff.
But trying to debate ekeke is a wasted journey as he will often hrow out meaningless stats and as @Shane88 pretty much said, he will see nothing wrong with whatever he defends (eg aew)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
As an aside from the Archer stuff can we appreciate Will Ospreay.

Seen him live twice and he's insane. I know the done thing is to look down upon flippy types but the guy is full blown entertaining.

Ekeke

Braun isn't wwes big attraction now, so your point to discredit Braun is just plain odd.

Regardless if he didn't have charima as you put it he wouldn't be where he is now (and where he was a hear or so ago as the top face - who really should have beat Brock)
He's their giant. Big Show is gone. He's an attraction

He doesnt have above average charisma, people just loved the stunts where he was pushing shit over with comic book strength. Also he was feuding with Roman and they would have cheered almost anyone over him.

The problem is he then has to go out there and have a match and he doesnt have that comic book strength. Or good matches. He just plods about as the tallest guy in the arena

Ekeke

Seen him live twice and he's insane. I know the done thing is to look down upon flippy types but the guy is full blown entertaining.
Probably had the best set of matches out of any wrestler in 2019

Ekeke

Tbh I loved the Jericho Hardy stuff.
But trying to debate ekeke is a wasted journey as he will often hrow out meaningless stats and as @Shane88 pretty much said, he will see nothing wrong with whatever he defends (eg aew)
I get it. You're too simple to see the difference between Jim Cornette talking about what the wrestling business needs in 2020 and Jim Cornette talking about the 90s and 80s where he actually worked as a booker.

He's clearly a bit out of touch with current day wrestling, he barely watches any. But you'd have to be very silly to suggest he didnt know a lot about what works in the 80s and 90s when he was far more active in the business.

Sylar

I get it. You're too simple to see the difference between Jim Cornette talking about what the wrestling business needs in 2020 and Jim Cornette talking about the 90s and 80s where he actually worked as a booker.

He's clearly a bit out of touch with current day wrestling, he barely watches any. But you'd have to be very silly to suggest he didnt know a lot about what works in the 80s and 90s when he was far more active in the business.
This is what I mean
Debating you is a waste of time as you throw out silly statements and numbers and pass it off your opinion as fact

I do like how Braun has gone from not having charisma to now not having above average charisma

Few more posts and he will be not having charisma like the rock...

Ekeke

This is what I mean
Debating you is a waste of time as you throw out silly statements and numbers and pass it off your opinion as fact

I do like how Braun has gone from not having charisma to now not having above average charisma

Few more posts and he will be not having charisma like the rock...
Not gonna respond to you anymore troll

Bwuk

TNT Title is a godawful name.

Imagine we got a WWE on Fox title.

Haven’t watched RAW just read spoilers. Looking forward to Mania now. It’ll be a sh*tshow probably but one to remember.

R.E.D.

Yes, we can. I've never seen someone like him. Just unbelievably good.

Sylar

Officially peaked on here when I get called a troll by somebody who posts AEW ratings and claims it like a personal victory.

Sylar

TNT Title is a godawful name.

Imagine we got a WWE on Fox title.

Haven’t watched RAW just read spoilers. Looking forward to Mania now. It’ll be a sh*tshow probably but one to remember.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

I'm gonna be brutally honest and say you actually ruin this thread and all discussion. My 2 cents worth.

b82REZ

I'm gonna be brutally honest and say you actually ruin this thread and all discussion. My 2 cents worth.
You're right.

I'm a very casual viewer now and coming in here and seeing an adult act like that is embarrassing.

Weeks of posting AEW ratings to somehow try and discredit WWE along with weeks of smarky comments.

AshRK

He's their giant. Big Show is gone. He's an attraction

He doesnt have above average charisma, people just loved the stunts where he was pushing shit over with comic book strength. Also he was feuding with Roman and they would have cheered almost anyone over him.

The problem is he then has to go out there and have a match and he doesnt have that comic book strength. Or good matches. He just plods about as the tallest guy in the arena
Weird assessment. You don't need to put 5 star matches with kicks and flips to be over with the fans. He had some decent to good matches with brock, Rollins, roman etc. and was super hot. He should have won the title during that summer. To say he was over because he was feuding roman doesn't tell the whole story. I remember the fatal 4 way match at summerslam with him,roman, Joe and Brock. That match was awesome and the crowd were cheering him.

The fact that even after not getting his big win he seems to be over with most fans which shows he is still popular. And yes he may not have a charisma of rock but then who has that charisma in today's wrestling.

Fener1907

Braun was red hot and they fecked it up. Just kept distracting him with nonsense like that awful Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia, not to mention how he literally did a bit with McMahon who pulled him from a title match.

Doubt he'll ever get that over again.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I genuinely think Drew is going to take the title off Lesnar. I'm actually more sure of that than I was Rollins last year. He has it _all_ and you can see they're trying to get the claymore over.

However....

I don't think he's doing it at mania. I think/hope they'll pull the trigger at summerslam should lockdown be over. Drew beating Brock for the title should be a spectacle, a moment.

This is mania will be swept under the carpet when all is said and done. It's just not the time.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Worth a lot less than 2 cents. This isnt the WWE bubble thread, its wrestling in general.
I've not even mentioned WWE.

You ruining this thread has less to do with your actual opinions (everyone has them), and more to do with your persona, the way you come across.

You behave like a child in short. Ive noticed this thread over the last year or so has gotten less and less traction, and I've got a good guess as to why.

Ekeke

Weird assessment. You don't need to put 5 star matches with kicks and flips to be over with the fans. He had some decent to good matches with brock, Rollins, roman etc. and was super hot. He should have won the title during that summer. To say he was over because he was feuding roman doesn't tell the whole story. I remember the fatal 4 way match at summerslam with him,roman, Joe and Brock. That match was awesome and the crowd were cheering him.

The fact that even after not getting his big win he seems to be over with most fans which shows he is still popular. And yes he may not have a charisma of rock but then who has that charisma in today's wrestling.
I'd settle for 3 stars from Braun. He isnt good enough for that. He gets a lukewarm reception and his charisma is less than average compared to current day workers, even those in the WWE who are clearly far superior to him like - Becky Lynch, The Miz, The New Day, Goldberg, Brock, Sami, The Kabuki Warriors, Truth, Alexa Bliss, Andrade, Angel Garza, Edge, Elias, Kevin Owens, Otis, Orton, Rusev, Roman, Samoa Joe, Sasha Banks, Nakamura and Bray He does have more charisma than Curt Hawkins. That much should be obvious. He shouts his lines and then has a catch phrase some of the crowd likes. He was hot when he was pushing over trucks, but most people would be over if they were feuding with Roman and lifting and pushing over vehicles hes inside.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm not a huge wrestling fan since attitude era and watch it here and there and I must say, I quite like Braun Strowman.

Sylar

Nah you don't really like him. You've been tricked into liking him because he once turned over a truck. Or something...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Nah you don't really like him. You've been tricked into liking him because he once turned over a truck. Or something...
The truck thing was great but my moment of liking him was when Kalisto beat him in a dumpster match by outsmarting him on the ring apron :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Braun Strowman is my 3 year old son’s favourite wrestler and I couldn’t get hold of a figure for him (unless I paid well over the odds) at Christmas.

I thought it was because he was popular? But I guess it’s because he’s that shit that they don’t sell his figures?

EDIT - I also agree to an extent on the ‘ruining’ of this thread. Look, @Ekeke is clearly a huge wrestling fan and knows what he likes. But it does feel as though you can’t debate anything antI AEW or pro WWE with you. Take this topic for example, you have at least 5 people disagreeing with you RE Braun, but you’re still presenting your opinion as though it’s fact and calling people trolls who disagree with you..? :lol: