Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Minkaro

Biggest out pouring since Eddie,, and this is probably bigger due to social media availability.

Didn't realize how liked he was
That's been one of the hardest things about this, for me. I loved him as a wrestler, so of course I was sad, and then it's always tragic when somebody so young passes away. But over the past few days there've been so many stories and comments from the people that knew him, each one getting over just a little bit more what a wonderful person he was. And it's a really beautiful thing that he had that kind of impact on so many people, but at the same time each of those posts is another reminder of the class of person that we've lost, and more importantly that his family and friends have lost.

Ekeke

Really good opening match. El Phantasmo Vs. Kenny Omega is going to be the next big Canada match after Jericho - Omega. Couple of years down the line

Sylar

"Its Jan 4th and you know what that means" Rocky Romero

WK 15 starts now
If you have time after, could you do a non spoiler review on the matches (basically which ones you think were the best)?
Kinda limited on time out here, basically stopped watching Raw/SD (which makes me enjoy wrestling again) and would like to check some of it out later this week (though dont think I have time for the whole event)

Minkaro

Ekeke might disagree, but I think I'd only recommend the last two matches as being REALLY good. The others weren't bad, but Okada/Ospreay and Naito/Ibushi were the two that stood out to me.

Sylar

Ekeke might disagree, but I think I'd only recommend the last two matches as being REALLY good. The others weren't bad, but Okada/Ospreay and Naito/Ibushi were the two that stood out to me.
Thanks. Will look to check them out :)

Ekeke

Phantasmo and Hiromu was great too

Another worldy going on now with Shingo and Jeff Cobb

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hopefully drew does what he did to Brock
If they do have a match I hope Drew destroys him.
Same. Hopefully fecks him off once and for all.

It's insane that they keep using him when the overwhelming reaction to him is terrible every time, bar for when he came back initially and fought Brock.

I'm certainly more a WWE fan than AEW, but compare what they're doing with Sting where he's (seemingly) acting as a mentor type figure with Darby Allin to push him on and compare that with Goldberg storming down to the ring and putting the WWE Champion on his arse. It's absolutely ridiculous

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Same. Hopefully fecks him off once and for all.

It's insane that they keep using him when the overwhelming reaction to him is terrible every time, bar for when he came back initially and fought Brock.

I'm certainly more a WWE fan than AEW, but compare what they're doing with Sting where he's (seemingly) acting as a mentor type figure with Darby Allin to push him on and compare that with Goldberg storming down to the ring and putting the WWE Champion on his arse. It's absolutely ridiculous
Though what they did with Goldberg is unquestionably shit, what they're doing with sting is also shit. Not as shit, but certainly shit. Most entertaining thing about stings return thus far is the use of a snow machine which they made sure we knew about last week.

Sylar

Sting has been great fun in aew.

Goldberg could be too if he wasn't going for a damn title especially the top one

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think people are totally overblowing the Goldberg thing.

Title defences at the Rumble mean nothing because all anyone cares about are the Royal Rumble matches. if they're gonna use Goldberg this is perfect use for him. Drew is gonna run through him.

Some world title opponents at the Rumble over the last few years; 2020; Nobody. 2019; Finn. 2018; Kane.

Sylar

I think people are totally overblowing the Goldberg thing.

Title defences at the Rumble mean nothing because all anyone cares about are the Royal Rumble matches. if they're gonna use Goldberg this is perfect use for him. Drew is gonna run through him.

Some world title opponents at the Rumble over the last few years; 2020; Nobody. 2019; Finn. 2018; Kane.
I think it's more the build up to it and use of somebody who was liked at a certain point. Goldberg in a program with somebody younger or equivalent could be excellent (although he did squash the fiend with a power slam haha)

Oh and the logic. Wasn't Goldberg squashed by Braun in his last match?
But as said it's not an issue if drew squashes him in a fun 4 minute match

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Who he's been in the ring with, the promos, his positioning and charisma

He's clearly past his prime but it hasn't been overdone with him where you think
Ugh...
This I agree with.

The rest has all been meh at best IMO.

Sylar

This I agree with.

The rest has all been meh at best IMO.
Fair enough. Im biased as I've always been a Sting fan, and it's cool to see him on aew.

Then again I was a fan of Goldberg and really enjoyed his stuff with Brock and his promos, but then it kept happening but with whoever was champ or another old guy and it was just bad...

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Fair enough. Im biased as I've always been a Sting fan, and it's cool to see him on aew.

Then again I was a fan of Goldberg and really enjoyed his stuff with Brock and his promos, but then it kept happening but with whoever was champ or another old guy and it was just bad...
feck Goldberg

paulscholes18

feck off Goldberg
It’s pointless keep bringing him back. Even 20 years ago he was only any good for sub 5 minute squash matches. At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if he beat Drew and then also won the Royal Rumble and had a champion vs Champion match with Reigns at WM

b82REZ

It’s pointless keep bringing him back. Even 20 years ago he was only any good for sub 5 minute squash matches. At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if he beat Drew and then also won the Royal Rumble and had a champion vs Champion match with Reigns at WM
Considering last years main event was supposed to be Goldberg vs Reigns, I wouldn't be surprised.

Ekeke

Big ending to AEW Dynamite New Years Smash :eek:

Might finally get a worthy reunion after all the lame ones in WWE

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Anything that includes those two bald frauds is automatically lame.

Also, why is the guy from the Just Eat ads doing a shitty frogsplash on AEW?

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Big ending to AEW Dynamite New Years Smash :eek:

Might finally get a worthy reunion after all the lame ones in WWE
Enjoyed the show last night and love how the AEW/Impact thing is panning out.

Mox is bound to show up on Impact now, I wonder if he will interfere at Hard to kill?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Aye, great main event and ending to AEW

This seems like such an unweighted collaboration (in favour of Impact)... getting their name and Wrestlers on prime TV in front of a much larger audience... what are AEW getting out of it that's remotely comparable? Goodwill?

Ekeke

Aye, great main event and ending to AEW

This seems like such an unweighted collaboration (in favour of Impact)... getting their name and Wrestlers on prime TV in front of a much larger audience... what are AEW getting out of it that's remotely comparable? Goodwill?
Maybe the idea that they're open to working with anyone. They have with NWA. They have with impact.

So they would with other companies, if New Japan or WWE would actually be interested and appreciate the kinds of dream matches that could happen for the fans.

Other than that it gives a way to move away from the Elite that started the company. When the company started The Bucks, Omega, Cody and Hangman Page were all allied. Who were they going to fight? We've had the inner circle and dark order. Now Omega has moved away from the likes of Cody and Page so they could be big opponents. They could have kept him away from the bucks too and had them against gallows and anderson as kenny's new buddies. But they must have decided that they want a face tag team to be in the big spot against the bucks, maybe Jurassic Express or something. And if thats the case then having the bucks heel works better

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Maybe the idea that they're open to working with anyone. They have with NWA. They have with impact.

So they would with other companies, if New Japan or WWE would actually be interested and appreciate the kinds of dream matches that could happen for the fans.

Other than that it gives a way to move away from the Elite that started the company. When the company started The Bucks, Omega, Cody and Hangman Page were all allied. Who were they going to fight? We've had the inner circle and dark order. Now Omega has moved away from the likes of Cody and Page so they could be big opponents. They could have kept him away from the bucks too and had them against gallows and anderson as kenny's new buddies. But they must have decided that they want a face tag team to be in the big spot against the bucks, maybe Jurassic Express or something. And if thats the case then having the bucks heel works better
Not to mention the possibility of setting an agreement up with NJPW for use of the Bullet Club name. Which obviously isn't what this is all about bit it's a good perk.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
54 year old Goldberg does a promo and the internet shits itself with anger.

61 year Sting scares off some of AEW's most talented young guns by strolling to the ring and not a word.

Double standards, lads.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

61 year Sting scares off some of AEW's most talented young guns by strolling to the ring and not a word.

Double standards, lads.
As I've said before, both shite.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Double standards, lads.
I don’t watch AEW, but from what I’d seen of sting in it, I thought they were handling him quite well. If that’s not the case and he’s been booked strongly and shaping for world title shots, then it should be criticised just as much as the Goldberg shit

Sylar

I don’t watch AEW, but from what I’d seen of sting in it, I thought they were handling him quite well. If that’s not the case and he’s been booked strongly and shaping for world title shots, then it should be criticised just as much as the Goldberg shit
I agree with this. It's not just the age thing, it's the overall use.

Aew on the whole has used their legends well to get younger talent over

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Double standards, lads.
In fairness he also pushed the WWE Champion on his ass