Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

My point is I only workout at home and have been to a gym like 8 times ever and I have a better physique than the WWE champion the Miz. I was also obese before the first lockdown, so it took months nothing a professional wrestler cant put in. Buying that this guy is the champ is a hard sell.
Thankfully Mick Foley never had the title, that ugly bingohall backyard fat bastard

Surely it's the complete opposite? They actually did something with the briefcase and there was a successful cash in rather than just carrying it around for a year doing feck all?

Probably been just as, if not more interesting than both midcard titles for example, which isn't normally the case.
I think they wasted it. They could have had somebody young in that position who in five years you can still have and is a main eventer. Instead they go with somebody who has had people changing the channel on
Otis I believe is at least younger than 30

With the title I see a few options

Lashley beats the shit out of Miz and then drew chases him for mania

Drew costs lashley, then says hes the only one that will beat miz (like with Orton) , wins it at fast lane and goes into mania facing lashley or Sheamus

Or drew costs lashley, dq happens, three way at fast lane, somebody beats miz, the other one isn't pinned and challenges at mania

Or miz goes into mania as champ (ugh) but it would make more sense to have miz and Morrison lose to 'Bunny and the priest'.

I hope it's the first option

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I get that some people here cant tell the difference between fat and muscle, but Bobby would be the anti-Miz.
I was being sarcastic. I thought that would translate.

I enjoyed your passive aggressive reply though:)

Sylar

Cesaro won the Andre the gian battle royal at WM 30, that was 7 years ago, when he was 33. Its so crazy they didnt make him a star then and have a good 5+ years of him being a main eventer.

I mean there are things to say this for so many of their wrestlers, but its just crazy they arent making people main eventers whilst they are younger, which will resonate with younger audiences. No youngster is really going tor relate to Goldberg or some other old guy who comes a few times a year.

For their worry that somebody will leave like Brock, or the Rock, for every one of them, you get about three or four guys who will be loyal (And the thing is, people like Rock and Brock come back with even higher value for the company, so theres that too).

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Gonna be controversial and say I don't actually think Cesaro should be a proper main eventer. Upper midcard, occasional transitional champion at best :nervous:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Gonna be controversial and say I don't actually think Cesaro should be a proper main eventer. Upper midcard, occasional transitional champion at best :nervous:
Not controversial at all in my eyes. That is Cesaro's spot. He just doesn't have the personality to be a main eventer. He'll probably get a "loyalty" world title reign at some point.

Wtf!
Sleeper agent sent in by Vince.

Bojan11

Not controversial at all in my eyes. That is Cesaro's spot. He just doesn't have the personality to be a main eventer. He'll probably get a "loyalty" world title reign at some point.

Sleeper agent sent in by Vince.
Yeah, but everyone for years have been saying how dull Kane and Big Show are. So will be interesting how AEW fans react and do another u-turn.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah, but everyone for years have been saying how dull Kane and Big Show are. So will be interesting how AEW fans react and do another u-turn.
They'll just talk about how it's an "astute signing due to his name recognition" etc.

Then his debut will do 760k viewers.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Literally just seen a "The Giant Vs The Big Show" thread on SC. The Giant>Big show apparently.

Sylar

Clearly the cancellation of The Big Show Show was the final straw.
Wtf it's cancelled? feckers, that was such a fun little show

He's gonna be announcing / commentating from the sounds of it. He's a great talker so it's a good hire for aew. Having some name recognition for their b show is good. I suspect aew will use him a few times too to wrestle and put somebody over

Minkaro

I'm really sad they announced it. I wanted to see a recreation of the Rowan incident.

Jericho: The Big Show!
Excalibur: Paul Wight!
Jericho: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BIG SHOW IS HERE.

Ekeke

It seems The Big Show has joined The Go-Big Show on TNT

Well, experienced big man. Can't say I'm excited but maybe he'll have a fresher feeling and new gimmick in AEW

Meltzer said he will announce on the new monday show that AEW are getting. "And wrestle some"

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
AEW are absolutely going down the same route as TNA did. Nobody is tuning in to see the big show in 2021.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
AEW are absolutely going down the same route as TNA did. Nobody is tuning in to see the big show in 2021.
The year is 2021, Sting, Chris Jericho and the big show are all "active" wrestlers on the same show.

Interesting.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Indie wrestler Joseph Hudson has died. Better known as Jocephus and the most fun character the NWA had, the Question Mark. KA-RA-TAYYY!!!

Ekeke

Indie wrestler Joseph Hudson has died. Better known as Jocephus and the most fun character the NWA had, the Question Mark. KA-RA-TAYYY!!!
RIP

Also Griff Garrison is an Edge regen. Varsity Blondes are yet another good tag team in AEW

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So Apollo's turned heel with a slight gimmick change where he essentially embraces his blackness. During American black history month. I honestly respect the balls on Vince McMahon :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Meltzer's awards were released yesterday, as voted for by his loyal mentalists readers. This is the one that made me laugh the most...

Young Bucks > Khabib Nurmagomedov.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Meltzer's awards were released yesterday, as voted for by his loyal mentalists readers. This is the one that made me laugh the most...

Holy shit that's terrible.

Sylar

So Apollo's turned heel with a slight gimmick change where he essentially embraces his blackness. During American black history month. I honestly respect the balls on Vince McMahon :lol:
Nothing will top tatanka turning heel then having a go at Lashley because tatankas people were oppressed (think it was lashley having to stand there)

Ekeke

I can only imagine its based on Khabib having just 1 fight that lasted just 1 min 34 seconds in 2020, Vs. The Young Bucks having several pay per views. If that isnt it then I have no idea

The one I found funny was Dave Meltzer's book being voted #5 instead of #1. So clearly there isnt a personal bias in the voting towards him

Andersons Dietician

To be honest Kahbibs PPV numbers aren’t great anyway. Only spiking because of the MCGregor fight but no idea how they compare to the wrestlers on that list. However if you’re including fighters on that list surely there are boxers who have done better PPV numbers and I would imagine that youtube twat probably did well.

Sylar

To be honest Kahbibs PPV numbers aren’t great anyway. Only spiking because of the MCGregor fight but no idea how they compare to the wrestlers on that list. However if you’re including fighters on that list surely there are boxers who have done better PPV numbers and I would imagine that youtube twat probably did well.
That YouTube boxing fight was surely the biggest of the year (it was last year right?)

Ekeke

Wrestling observer only covers MMA and wrestling so yeah that would be why boxers arent dominating the list

Andersons Dietician

That YouTube boxing fight was surely the biggest of the year (it was last year right?)
If it was last year then it probably was becuase I think one of the previous ones was one of the highest grossing PPVs ever only beaten by MCGregor vs Diaz, McGregor vs Kahbib, Floyd vs Pac and Mcgregor vs Floyd.

Surely Masvidal isn’t one of the biggest draws in UFC either. Maybe has recognition but find it hard to believe he is a bigger draw than Aldo,Jones,Stipe, Adesanya, Nganou, Colby, Valentina, Joanna, Holloway,Gaethje,Ferguson and the likes.

Actually probably says a lot about the list and the voters.

Sylar

Im confused as to why 'draws' are voted for (unless its not, then that makes more sense)
But draws should be based on metrics no?