Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If it was Brock, it would need to be an outrageous amount of money for Vince not to match it. They've built most of the last decade around Brock being the final boss.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Christian would be a great get, I just can't see how that would happen with him just returning though... Surely Vince /WWE would have locked him in / he'd be loyal enough towards them to let them know AEW approached him.

It's not Brock or Punk... You promote that shit beforehand and get a ton of buys.

It has to be Angle or RVD.

Sylar

Angles last match should not be that shitty wm Match with Corbin. Even if he comes in and has one gimmick bells and whistle match where they mask negatives with weapons and spamming finishers (but angle isn't Hall of fame worthy ... He's a Hall of famerl

Christian is Hall of fame worthy and looked great in the rumble. But yeah agree with @Annihilate Now!
Wwe has edge, Christian was in the rumble and surely wwe would want to have him first.

Ekeke

I think Christian would be a great get, I just can't see how that would happen with him just returning though... Surely Vince /WWE would have locked him in / he'd be loyal enough towards them to let them know AEW approached him.

It's not Brock or Punk... You promote that shit beforehand and get a ton of buys.

Christian doesnt have a contract as yet according to Meltzer. WWE could give him one right now to avoid it

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Christian doesnt have a contract as yet according to Meltzer. WWE could give him one right now to avoid it
They probably have. Unless he just didn't tell Vince AEW came in for him, which I find hard to believe.

Though Vince has never really been high on Christian so maybe he's just not given him a good enough offer.

Christian is definitely the best (realistic) get for AEW and one that would live up to the hype in my opinion.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Angle shared a video on Twitter that seemed to imply he’s coming back, sounds like it’s him.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Scratch everything I said. Just watching angles broken skull session episode, and it's clear he's bitter about his GM run and eventual retirement. Rightly so.

Though a multi year deal is a bit much.

Edit: just to be clear though, I do not want to see Kurt Angle wrestle in 2021.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Genuinely found it really hard to watch Angle at the end, him and his massive neck. Please stay retired.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Isn't RVD making a new series on the WWE network? Hard to imagine WWE allowing him to do that whilst he's wrestling for AEW?

Personally i think it'll be Angle... i can't see it being Christian as he'll likely want a run in WWE with Edge i imagine. As for Brock and Punk, damn right you'd promote the hell out of that. You'd hype it up to the max for mega buyrates, seeing as most of the times these 'huge signings' end up being someone no one really cares about anymore.

ZDwyr

It's Steve Blackman and I honestly don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

Charlie Foley

I saw several of Angle's matches on the indies before he went back to WWE. He could still go. In WWE he didnt do much other than the Rousey match, then he stepped in for Ambrose's injury and filled in for The Shield and he looked awful.

My guess is that if hes actually working and not pulled in from the cold to fill in for someone else he can probably still do alright and not too much worse than before WWE. Which is good enough for a good match with the best workers.

Alternatively his body had just gone by the shield match. But it was so much worse than he had done before that I'd be surprised if his decline was so fast and so drastic. So for now I'll go with him just not being in good condition and ready to fill in for Ambrose, but WWE needed someone who could be in the shield for a day so thats what happened
According to google he wrestled with the Shield in October 2017 in place of Roman Reigns, then at Survivor Series that year, and then the Rousey match was Wrestlemania 2018

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I use fite TV. They have AEW plus for £4.89 a month and that has Dynamite live each week and they host the ppvs for £19.99
So PPVs are extra charge they don't fall under subscription?

Was thinking of subscribing tonight as there's a free trial.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Thinking about what Big Show said, he said it was someone who was HOF worthy and Angle is in the HOF so I think that rules him out.
The issue I have with these announcements is that they hype them up to be someone incredible, then it turns out to be a bit of a let down. I understand its all for PPV buys and the sorts, but it's just damaging future surprises.

That's for any and all promotions, WWE have done some major fails in the past and TNA have had their fair share of them too. Just hope AEW actually live up to the hype here and it's not just some money grabber or 90s 'legend' looking for one last pay day

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The issue I have with these announcements is that they hype them up to be someone incredible, then it turns out to be a bit of a let down. I understand its all for PPV buys and the sorts, but it's just damaging future surprises.

That's for any and all promotions, WWE have done some major fails in the past and TNA have had their fair share of them too. Just hope AEW actually live up to the hype here and it's not just some money grabber or 90s 'legend' looking for one last pay day
They get one of these, in my opinion.

They have been the buzz of wrestling this week with everyone wanting to know who it is. If they deliver someone like Punk or Brock, they've followed through on the hype they generated.

If it's Christian, Angle or RVD, they'll get laughed out of it and casuals may ignore any future teases.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

They have been the buzz of wrestling this week with everyone wanting to know who it is. If they deliver someone like Punk or Brock, they've followed through on the hype they generated.

If it's Christian, Angle or RVD, they'll get laughed out of it and casuals may ignore any future teases.
I completely agree, but as others have said, if it was Punk or Lesnar you'd hype the absolute crap out of it, especially seeing as a lot of people see these surprises as a let down before they've even happened.

Chances of it being Lesnar is slim as Vince would probably triple what AEW offers him as he seems to absolutely love the guy. Punk is a possibility but he's said it's not him, but he could defo be lying.

Angles teaser was apparently about his podcast or so I read. RVD is making a new series on the WWE network so it's highly unlikely to be him... Christian though, I thought he'd want a run in WWE again, possibly alongside Edge, but its very likely it could be him...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
But just this week the Usos were talking about doing them vs Edge & Christian. Would they know? Would they be talking about that if he was off to AEW?

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville
Have Enzo or Ryback pissed off anyone in AEW recently? It will probably be RVD

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
But just this week the Usos were talking about doing them vs Edge & Christian. Would they know? Would they be talking about that if he was off to AEW?
Possibly not you know... makes me wonder who it could be then? I can't see it being Punk or Lesnar, and who else is there? Absolutely no chance on earth of it being Cena or Rock.

As you say though, it has to be someone who will change the face of the company with the way they're hyping this. Anything less will be pointless

Ekeke

Theres only been buzz from WWE fans

What they've actually said is completely standard for someone with a name who has done some good stuff in the past 20 years but is completely past their prime.

If they got someone WWE wanted they'd have told you that

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville
Probably all of them. Even Ring of honor decided not to touch Enzo and Ryback doesnt even wrestle does he?
Ha! No, he does a podcast now, a platform to piss everyone off is exactly what he needed, he's missed a trick if he hasn't called it go to sleep.

Why do you think it's a no on Enzo though? He was brilliant when he first came through, is it that he doesn't play well with others that got him thrown off a bus, or is it the court case he was facing? Never watched/followed ROH so I'm not sure

Ekeke

Ha! No, he does a podcast now, a platform to piss everyone off is exactly what he needed, he's missed a trick if he hasn't called it go to sleep.

Why do you think it's a no on Enzo though? He was brilliant when he first came through, is it that he doesn't play well with others that got him thrown off a bus, or is it the court case he was facing? Never watched/followed ROH so I'm not sure
Nobody ever liked him backstage, he cant wrestle just talk which is the opposite of AEW and brings nothing to them.

He and Cass had a brawl coming out of the crowd at ROH last year. The reaction was so bad that they never used them again

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Theres only been buzz from WWE fans

What they've actually said is completely standard for someone with a name who has done some good stuff in the past 20 years but is completely past their prime.

If they got someone WWE wanted they'd have told you that
Come on now, the phrase "huge, huge superstar" was used by Khan. People's mind are gonna wander to Punk/Brock when they hear that.