Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Minkaro

Fully agreed, loved it as a kid.
It was before I’d really worked out it was scripted, so I was really invested in it. I’m actually going through the 2000’s PPVS, and just on Judgment Day 01, so I’ll see how it holds up.

Sylar

Not sure when was the last time wwe booked a guy so well. Had a classic with D-bryan and won clean. Has been booked like a proper beast.
I like the new music too

Ekeke

Just back from my 4th lesson. Joel Redman (who was known in NXT years ago as Oliver Grey and was the first tag champ with Neville) took the class. Super nice guy and showed us some great technical moves. He wrestles in All Japan and Rev Pro. I'm a bit injured and did more than I intended to do at the class so tomorrow will suck, but super happy with what he taught

b82REZ

Eva Marie and Paige are cautionary tales for getting too much work done. They both look like they're made out of plastic now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
She's been training in the Tibetan mountains for the last 4 years. She's gonna be like Asuka on crack.

But as bad as she is, outside the top 5% of women, the bar is very low when stuff like this gets 10 minutes...

The tag match at Mania showed the women's mid-card and below still look like they belong in the Diva's era.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't understand how RAW and Smackdown are made by the same company.

The difference in quality between the two is staggering.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Way are the funniest thing in wrestling right now which surprises me because usually Gargano annoys me but he's great in this. Him and Candice as the "parents" to the brainless himbo Theory and Indi Hartwell, who wants to hook up with her psycho stalker, is brilliant.

Minkaro

Does anyone else find the main WWE shows overly polished? I mostly watch NXT, AEW, and early 00’s PPVS on the network, but I checked out the Bryan vs Roman match, and all the LED screens, the graphics, it’s all so... clean and sterile looking.

The screens don’t help, to be fair, and maybe fans being back will go some way to fixing it, but it does seem overproduced.

Ladron de redcafe

Does anyone else find the main WWE shows overly polished? I mostly watch NXT, AEW, and early 00’s PPVS on the network, but I checked out the Bryan vs Roman match, and all the LED screens, the graphics, it’s all so... clean and sterile looking.

The screens don’t help, to be fair, and maybe fans being back will go some way to fixing it, but it does seem overproduced.
I feel the same way. In a way, it feels less real because it's almost too polished. The camera cuts right before a reversal. The LED sets.

It's night and day in comparison with the early 00's. I prefer the way it was back then.

Ekeke

That sob MJF

Big rating for AEW 1st on cable in the 18-49 demo. Over twice the rating of 2nd place Pardon The Interruption on ESPN. The blood and guts match drew, which it should have because its a special show and match

Ekeke

Just finishing the first episode of dark side of the ring about brian pillman (episode 1of season 3, 2nd episode is also about him) - this is great. Highly recommend it for anyone interested in wrestling in the early 90s

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So wrestlemania weekend coincided with me returning to work post-lockdown, I've barely watched any wrestling since of any brand/company. Feel like I'm not missing much though?

fergies coat

I flick through every now and again and it looks so boring now. It seemed so much better when I was growing up, from 96/97 (Bret Hart's heel in US run) until early 2000s was the peak for me. It will never be like that again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just caught up with the last five weeks of Dynamite. Such a good weekly show. Shame the Blood & Guts ending didn't quite have the impact it should have done, but it did what it needed to do for MJF.

I wonder if Shida vs Baker might main event Double or Nothing, which would be the first time for the women on an AEW PPV. It feels as if it could be the biggest match on the card, as both have had some great recent in ring matches and Baker is over huge. Omega vs Cassidy seems like more of a transitional feud, and I don't see the match there for the Bucks to main event with the tag titles. I believe Omega has been heavily involved with the talent acquisition and booking for the women's division, so it would make sense if he were to give them the platform.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth

This isn't paige is it? What on earth does she look like?

Edit: no it isn't, she was trolling to get people on to her twitch stream. :lol:

Ekeke

Had my first 5 min+ practice match this week. Ended up going 7 mins against a guy who thinks Baron Corbin is great although plenty of time was circling before locking up several times. Not quite ready to send it off to Meltzer to see if I got my first 5 star match. Also my back is killing me :(

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Had my first 5 min+ practice match this week. Ended up going 7 mins against a guy who thinks Baron Corbin is great although plenty of time was circling before locking up several times. Not quite ready to send it off to Meltzer to see if I got my first 5 star match. Also my back is killing me :(
Nice mate, keep going!

I've never wrestled but I ended y
Up reffing a few shows back in 2004. The first time was a 12 minute match and I came out absolutely dripping with sweat. I played 11 a side football regularly from age 9 and I have never ever been as tired as I was leaving the ring that first time.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
What to say about New Jack. He was able to hide behind the veil of wrestling to do some horrible things. Also had so many messed up things happen to him. His dark side of the ring episode was really interesting.