Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Once again @Ekeke, who certainly isn’t team AEW and praises WWE all the time is out with deflection tactics whenever AEW gets slight criticism :lol:

The tweets from Khan and the official AEW account were amateurish and childish. The spike tombstone was poorly executed.

It’s fine to say those things. It doesn’t mean AEW is shit or that WWE have never done shit things.

Are you trying to say that the Young Bucks are better than the Undertaker?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
AEW posts a botch on their official Twitter.

"Yeah, but don't you remember undertaker's botch back in 1991 survivor series?"

Jesus wept. Elite level troll.

The Hilton

AEW posts a botch on their official Twitter.

"Yeah, but don't you remember undertaker's botch back in 1991 survivor series?"

Jesus wept. Elite level troll.
To be fair, calling it a botch is trolling as well.

I've never thought the move has looked good, it's just messy with the extra jump just for attempted flashiness that doesn't add anything to the pile driver.

Still, calling the bucks "amateurish" is way over the top, they just need a better finisher.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed Punk v Garcia on Rampage. If Garcia bulks up a bit and loses those silly socks I could see him going right to the top.

Also Lucha Bros package piledriver finisher >>> Young Bucks Meltzer Driver or whatever the feck it's called every day of the week.

Holocene

I went to a local indie show in Manchester last night. Surprised at how good it was. The main event in particular was impressive. Small crowd and small venue but it was a lot of fun.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

I cringe when I see tweets like these. It’s something that a fan account would tweet. It comes across as very amateurish and desperate to me. I think this hurts AEW to casuals too. It makes them look like they’re trying to start a fight with WWE whereas WWE just get on and focus on their own (poor) product.
You'll like this...

He's no WCW Bischoff, that's for sure.

Ekeke

My prediction is that Smackdown will obviously get a much bigger rating during the head to head this week, especially given the lineup with Brock returning to tv and a Sasha Vs. Becky match.

Maybe the idea of competing for that 30 mins will lead to more interest down the line and some increased viewership and that might be why Khan is talking it up. But the only way AEW would have any chance is if they loaded up their biggest stars onto Rampage too. This week's Rampage is not that. Its the same that its been for a few weeks, a couple of bigger names mixed with smaller ones

I dont think he genuinely believes they're going to do a better overall, or more likely a better advertising demo rating than Smackdown.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My prediction is that Smackdown will obviously get a much bigger rating during the head to head this week, especially given the lineup with Brock returning to tv and a Sasha Vs. Becky match.

Maybe the idea of competing for that 30 mins will lead to more interest down the line and some increased viewership and that might be why Khan is talking it up. But the only way AEW would have any chance is if they loaded up their biggest stars onto Rampage too. This week's Rampage is not that. Its the same that its been for a few weeks, a couple of bigger names mixed with smaller ones

I dont think he genuinely believes they're going to do a better overall, or more likely a better advertising demo rating than Smackdown.
Smackdown are on FS1, I think the highest they've ever done on FS1 is 1 million - and I doubt they'll do that on Friday... so yeah, there's a very decent chance AEW gets a better rating.

Bwuk

Not posted in here in a while.

CM Punks return to wrestling has been laughably bad.

Why is Daniel Bryan vs Suzuki on the pre show for the B show?

Holocene

Not posted in here in a while.

CM Punks return to wrestling has been laughably bad.

Why is Daniel Bryan vs Suzuki on the pre show for the B show?
Why do you think it's been bad?

Bryan vs Suzuki on the pre show because its going head to head with Smackdown.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Had him cut good genuine promos and wrestle good matches with younger guys
Those cheerleading promos are a whole load of nothing. "What's up *X city*, ready for a great show?"

As for the matches, they're heatless non-feud matches against nobodies that nobody watches.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a slow build to him just turning into a prick, which is what Punk should be. He does his best stuff when he's angry and moaning about something.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You'll like this...

He's no WCW Bischoff, that's for sure.
For feck sake. It reminds me of a smaller football club (let’s say 2003 Manchester City) trying to goad United when all United actually cared about were beating their rivals for the trophies. It’s like they’re screaming for attention and they’re not getting it.

Comes across as pathetic and desperate to me

Bwuk

Had him cut good genuine promos and wrestle good matches with younger guys
He’s done absolutely nothing of note.

If this was WWE everyone would be going crazy at his booking. Punk should be at the top of their card, not facing nobodies.

Why do you think it's been bad?

Bryan vs Suzuki on the pre show because its going head to head with Smackdown.
Terrible logic. Throwing away a potential big PPV match on the pre show to your B show.

Maybe WWE should do McIntyre vs Rollins on the a pre show to NXT.

Bwuk

For feck sake. It reminds me of a smaller football club (let’s say 2003 Manchester City) trying to goad United when all United actually cared about were beating their rivals for the trophies. It’s like they’re screaming for attention and they’re not getting it.

Comes across as pathetic and desperate to me
Screaming for attention is what Khan does. See Fulham fans thoughts on him. Just desperately wants acknowledged.

b82REZ

Punk's return has been really boring.

I hoped he'd draw me back in but @Shane88 put it best, he's just being used as a cheerleader.

I actually think it would have been more interesting for him to lose his first matches so they could do a slow turn as he becomes increasingly more bitter. As it stands he's just there. At least Danielson is putting on 5 stars.

Sylar

Those cheerleading promos are a whole load of nothing. "What's up *X city*, ready for a great show?"

As for the matches, they're heatless non-feud matches against nobodies that nobody watches.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a slow build to him just turning into a prick, which is what Punk should be. He does his best stuff when he's angry and moaning about something.
Yeah but those promos are great. It's weird cos even cornette loves them.
It actually doesn't come off as scripted or fake and are great live, clearly. And show proper enjoyment on TV.

Heatless? Odd criticism for the point of making a criticism

He’s done absolutely nothing of note.

If this was WWE everyone would be going crazy at his booking. Punk should be at the top of their card, not facing nobodies.
Except his return promo, his Match with darby.
This whole whataboutism is a weird take, let's not make up a situation that isn't happening to try and make a point

Unless you want to do that
So if punk was at the top of the card, I can imagine Shane going on about this being tna version 2 with a 50 year old at the top, beating established aew home grown guys or ex WWE guys

It's a weird point to say you don't like something when a whole load of others have.

The one great thing aew has done is the booking of wrestlers that leads to great PPV matches down the road that bring in a lot through PPV revenue

We've had Bryan vs omega (and him going through the elite) so punk will do it down the line and instead work with them down the line (as he's clearly not there for short term)

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not sure how the finances work with Wrestling but AEW have signed a lot of big names and I'm guessig if the TV figures are any indicator, they aren't getting near the same turnover as WWE. I'm not sure how that would be sustainable in the long term?

I've tried giving AEW a go and although there are elements that are a lot better than WWE and it feels like a bit of a throwback, its not exactly must watch. Its all very slow and a bit samey...especially considering they have too many wrestlers really so if anything should be trying to cram too much in rather than cruising along in 2nd gear. I mean Punk for example...its like they're still teasing him. He's been on their shows for months now and all he does is give boring speeches about nothing. Black...10x as cool in AEW as WWE ever managed to make him, but he appears about once every 3 weeks and has been stuck in the same non progressing, not actually at all interesting feud for months. I don't think WWE putting out shite content will necessarily mean people turning to AEW when its basically just a gimmic/nostalgia show rather than anything particularly appealling to a new audience.

Ekeke

I'm not sure how the finances work with Wrestling but AEW have signed a lot of big names and I'm guessig if the TV figures are any indicator, they aren't getting near the same turnover as WWE. I'm not sure how that would be sustainable in the long term?

I've tried giving AEW a go and although there are elements that are a lot better than WWE and it feels like a bit of a throwback, its not exactly must watch. Its all very slow and a bit samey...especially considering they have too many wrestlers really so if anything should be trying to cram too much in rather than cruising along in 2nd gear. I mean Punk for example...its like they're still teasing him. He's been on their shows for months now and all he does is give boring speeches about nothing. Black...10x as cool in AEW as WWE ever managed to make him, but he appears about once every 3 weeks and has been stuck in the same non progressing, not actually at all interesting feud for months. I don't think WWE putting out shite content will necessarily mean people turning to AEW when its basically just a gimmic/nostalgia show rather than anything particularly appealling to a new audience.
Tv deal and then ad revenue for AEW, for WWE its just the Tv deal they dont get ad revenue but of course the Tv deal is far bigger because they're established and have been the top dogs for 20 years. The goal for AEW has to be to get to a place where when the next Tv deals come up years from now the big networks might want to choose them for a cheaper but still massive amount than WWE which would cost more. Thats how AEW grows financially from here.

As for Punk and Black, thats the issue with not just putting ex WWE guys straight into the top spots. They are developing MJF, Guevara, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin and Hangman Page among others. They will have their big matches down the road at pay per views most likely. Those matches are still there. But they arent hot shotting them straight into the big main event and title picture, like they have done with Bryan Danielson. They dont need to. And if they went through all the big matches Punk and Black could have as well as Danielson in 2 months, I dont think the ratings would be significantly higher than now and they'll have nothing new to go to down the line

choccy77

Tv deal and then ad revenue for AEW, for WWE its just the Tv deal they dont get ad revenue but of course the Tv deal is far bigger because they're established and have been the top dogs for 20 years. The goal for AEW has to be to get to a place where when the next Tv deals come up years from now the big networks might want to choose them for a cheaper but still massive amount than WWE which would cost more. Thats how AEW grows financially from here.

As for Punk and Black, thats the issue with not just putting ex WWE guys straight into the top spots. They are developing MJF, Guevara, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin and Hangman Page among others. They will have their big matches down the road at pay per views most likely. Those matches are still there. But they arent hot shotting them straight into the big main event and title picture, like they have done with Bryan Danielson. They dont need to. And if they went through all the big matches Punk and Black could have as well as Danielson in 2 months, I dont think the ratings would be significantly higher than now and they'll have nothing new to go to down the line
Tony Khan in that interview I posted explains a lot better his goals & also the use of the big stars & the younger ones.

They want the younger ones for years, so no need to rush things etc

The Hilton

Some of the criticism of Punk in AEW is just silly. Laughably bad? No way.

They need to find a story for him that gives him some edge, no doubt, as the "hooray I'm back" promos are getting a little repetitive, but using him to showcase the young lesser known talent is great.

As for Khan, the tweet is pretty small time. I'm sure some people enjoy the ratings battles and all that, but for me AEW is much better off just doing their own thing.

JP77

In fairness Punk's return sums up some of the bias today. Can't argue to much against the argument that had the WWE brought back Punk after all this time out of the ring and had him doing similar promo's each week and wrestling in completely random feuds and then having him randomly come out one week to do commentary, they'd be getting shit all over.

Personally I have no problem with him wrestling younger guys and doing a slow burn with him but we all know had the WWE done something similar the reaction would be much different and people would be saying it's crazy to have such a big name returning and being put into the middle of the pack.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
In fairness Punk's return sums up some of the bias today. Can't argue to much against the argument that had the WWE brought back Punk after all this time out of the ring and had him doing similar promo's each week and wrestling in completely random feuds and then having him randomly come out one week to do commentary, they'd be getting shit all over.

Personally I have no problem with him wrestling younger guys and doing a slow burn with him but we all know had the WWE done something similar the reaction would be much different and people would be saying it's crazy to have such a big name returning and being put into the middle of the pack.
Can't really argue with that.

Don't know if I'd go as far as laughably bad, but it's been pretty boring. Yeah it's cool him trying to put over younger talent, but in a roster that has the likes of the elite, Danielson, black, Andrade, Cody, Jericho etc. I feel like they could have done something a bit more riveting thus far.