Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Raw was so predictable, the whole show about Owens asking if people believed him was pointless, just knew he would turn afterwards. The same with Doudrop.
As for the women’s match, Becky constantly saying Liv is hopeless so was obvious she’d win.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure when I will get a chance to watch Full Gear so will be avoiding the Internet until I do. Super psyched for the show though. Could see any of the big four male singles matches going either way, which is testament to the quality of the booking and all the possibilities that lie ahead.

Predos for the big matches:
  • Hangman to win the big one
  • Miro to beat Danielson
  • Punk to beat Kingston – but Austin showed a win can be a loss!
  • MJF to beat Allin
  • FTR to win back the tag titles

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer but I'm a bit meh after that ppv.

Hangman and Kenny was the best match with MJF and Darby close second but everything just felt a little bit flat for me. There weren't really any major surprises, some of the matches and finishes were a bit sloppy and it was just a bit of a slog to get through and this is coming from someone who skipped the women's title match and the inner circle guff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Hangman and Kenny was the best match with MJF and Darby close second but everything just felt a little bit flat for me. There weren't really any major surprises, some of the matches and finishes were a bit sloppy and it was just a bit of a slog to get through and this is coming from someone who skipped the women's title match and the inner circle guff.
You missed nothing skipping those matches. The women's match was atrocious and the 5-on-5 went on forever and was also crap.

Main event was brilliant. Hangman with the belt is just right, guy is a superstar.

choccy77

Alot of people were raving about Bryan v Miro match last night also.

They never wrestled in WWE

The Hilton

I thought MJF vs Darby was so good it made the matches that followed look worse than they were.

Having said that though, I enjoyed it all to varying degrees. Women's match was the weakest, but still passable.

I enjoyed the 10 man inner circle match too, didn't go too long and was nuts - fair play to JDS who had clearly trained and had a few moves in his locker.

Punk vs Eddie was brutal, just how it should had been, that one was well told, and the crowd were electric for it.

Hangman Omega was great too, but I still think match of the night goes to the first one.

Minkaro

They had better not be bringing in Ishii just for a tag match. Give me Ishii vs Miro you cowards.

Good PPV, but not a great one, imo. Main event was excellent, as was MJF vs Darby Allin. Agree the Minnesota street fight was the worst, but I did appreciate them at least having the items being Minnesota inventions, rather than it just being yet another street fight. Nice to have a purpose for the name.

Looking forward to Dynamite. I reckon they’ll open on Hangman coming out in front of his hometown crowd. That’ll be some pop.

Ekeke

Longterm story telling. Something that started before the first Dynamite finally culminated last night, a 2.5 year story. And a fitting ending too

Darby and MJF was great and the 6 man tag was insane. Looking forward to Dynamite

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I managed to watch Full Gear spoiler-free this evening and am now just catching up with some of the reaction. Surprised to see so many meh-ing the PPV. There’s plenty of people thinking there were half-a-dozen four star matches on the show. There was a definite sagging hour in the middle of the show, but the other 2.5 hours would have been an all-time great show

MJF/Allin, Danielson/Miro, Punk/Kingston and Omega/Hangman were all fantastic. All were unique, all had a hot crowd and all just had great storytelling in each of them.

That MJF/Allin match was such a sleeper hit. It reminded me of the MJF/Jungle Boy match from a while ago and really shows that MJF shines in these story-driven matches against an athletic babyface. I’m not sure that would have opened if they expected it to be so good.

Looking forward to where Miro’s redeemer character goes next, as well as both Punk and Kingston. I was gutted to see Kingston go down to the GTS, but I’ve got to true there’s a nice story arc coming. Punk as a tweener against another popular guy is the right dynamic.

The SuperKliq/Jungle Boy and tag title match were other strong undercard matches. The lesser hour consisted of a sloppy women’s title match, an Inner Circle/ATT match that should have been a Dynamite main event and probably was the match that actually needed the falls count anywhere gimmick, and the Cody tag team match that should have surely been a four-way match. Pac was the last guy I saw winning that. It was a shame that a blowoff match to Shida and Deeb didn’t get on the card.

As usual with AEW, it’s all the little touches that make it. There’s a real attention to detail and love for the craft. Jungle Boy delivering the conchairto was a coming-of-age moment for the maturity of his character, no longer just being a clean cut friendly babyface. Ultimately it ends up being more than that though, as he literally knocks sense into Matt Jackson and the Young Bucks for the main event.

Really good show overall. As usual with AEW I just want more and to see where everything goes from here.

AshRK

Loved the MJF/ Punk segment. Have to applaud AEW for believing in proper story telling. Business is picking up with Punk now. Hope they do a proper build which leads to a match at the next PPV which I believe should be in February.

The Hilton

Loved the MJF/ Punk segment. Have to applaud AEW for believing in proper story telling. Business is picking up with Punk now. Hope they do a proper build which leads to a match at the next PPV which I believe should be in February.
Yeah I thought that was brilliant, I had a feeling he might show up given MJF mentioned being the best, but still didn't actually expect it. Does that make sense? Probably not!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I kinda wanted Punks feud with Kingston to continue but am okay with this, AEW is stacked now, the (previous) biggest names look like they’re taking time off now and it doesn’t actually matter at all.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Danielson wasting no time establishing himself as the heel against cowboy. Those boos when he mentioned winning the title at Wrestlemania :lol:

I'd never seen Lio Rush before he joined AEW but I'm really enjoying him in this team with Dante Martin who's another ridiculous athlete.

Likewise, Jay Lethal. Really good match against Sammy for the tnt title.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bryan Danielson is just the absolute best in the world right now. He’s up there with the most complete wrestlers that there has ever been.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Mad bastards actually released Hit Row :lol:

I'm like 99% convinced WWE will be sold by this time next year.
Think it's the opposite tbh. They don't need to sell and what's the point of hoarding all this talent If you gonna use the same guys over and over again?

Ekeke

Mad bastards actually released Hit Row :lol:

I'm like 99% convinced WWE will be sold by this time next year.
Quoting this for 19/11/2022 when WWE are still releasing people and are no closer to a sale

Impact! need to get to work if they have any money. Plenty of good talent available

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They've literally just spent weeks promoting Hit Row. Did they even get to have a match? :lol:

They really should just have the whole roster on Raw and Smackdown like the old days if they want to offload anyone that isn't immediately making them money.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
They've literally just spent weeks promoting Hit Row. Did they even get to have a match? :lol:

They really should just have the whole roster on Raw and Smackdown like the old days if they want to offload anyone that isn't immediately making them money.
Wouldn't be shocked if that's exactly what's gonna happen.

And the quality of both shows will probably go up too.

Sylar

They will combine rosters again

Then in a year or two do another split when TV deals change and networks ask for it :lol:

Aew should get tegan if she can stay fit.

Ekeke

Really enjoyed the Billy Gunn and Darby match. Obviously not going to be given 5 stars by anyone, but in terms of telling a story and psychology it was a great big guy vs a smaller guy story match. Much better than I was expecting

Slightly similar match with Jade Cargill and Red Velvet after. Jade Cargill is such a dream scenario for your large woman wrestler in terms of look, branding and showmanship. She will obviously get better with experience over time but she's already a star and delivers as the power wrestler.

Last edited:

Holocene

Women's division is just so much better in WWE compared to AEW. Probably the only thing they're doing better at the moment.

Name Changed

weso26
That was a shit and predictable ppv
Raw to win all bar Reigns was pretty obvious. WWE is so poor. I don't know why they seem to always want to promote Raw over Smackdown.

choccy77

Apparently, despite the tease of the Rock, its suggested he won't actually return until the 2023 Wrestlemania in Los Angeles, due to his schedule commitments.

But with WWE, who knows what will happen, it will probably end up being Goldberg or Kevin Nash

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Apparently, despite the tease of the Rock, its suggested he won't actually return until the 2023 Wrestlemania in Los Angeles, due to his schedule commitments.

But with WWE, who knows what will happen, it will probably end up being Goldberg or Kevin Nash
Wrestlemania Hollywood isn't it? Called that months ago.

They'll have Rock V Reigns and Orton V Cena (for 17). Don't be shocked if Orton wins the Rumble.

Ekeke

The Rock is out of the country filming, he couldnt show up if he wanted to because of quarantine. Anyone who thought he might be there, or is there for Raw... :lol:

Last edited: