Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Bwuk

I’ve had 2 wrestling matches, and I went over in them both.

choccy77

Update on the Rock.

So originally he was due to be at Survivor Series as it would have been his 25th Anniversary and also timing wise tied in with his new film on Netflix.

So WWE did a deal to promote the movie however, the Rocks schedule changed and due to covid and Quarantine issues, he could no longer make it.

They had hoped he would record something, but he didn't and WWE were still contracted to promote the movie, so they still had to go with it and mentioning The Rock despite not being there.

choccy77

Yep. Hope the fan gets jailed.
It's scary how easily that guy got him and from behind as well.

He could easily have had some kind of weapon / object and hit him in the back of the head.

Commentators nearly called it, not realising at first it wasn't part of the show.

choccy77

Piper got stabbed twice by a fan years ago, when it was all kayfabe, but today, how does this happen when it's clearly advertised as Entertainment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The biggest shock of the last two nights of wrestling... without any doubt... is that Ricochet got an entrance for the Battle Royale.

Literally made me jolt up in my seat.

Ekeke

Update on the Rock.

So originally he was due to be at Survivor Series as it would have been his 25th Anniversary and also timing wise tied in with his new film on Netflix.

So WWE did a deal to promote the movie however, the Rocks schedule changed and due to covid and Quarantine issues, he could no longer make it.

They had hoped he would record something, but he didn't and WWE were still contracted to promote the movie, so they still had to go with it and mentioning The Rock despite not being there.
The not even recording something part is pretty bad. Even Impact! had that from The Rock with the Ken Shamrock hall of fame induction

It would surely have been easy enough to sit down for 5 mins and just say hi

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Genuinely who cares? Unless he's having his retirement match against the tribal chief, who cares in 2021?

I don't need to see the rock in the ring (or some video) anytime soon to still love him.

Ekeke

Punk and MJF was some great tv.

Two great talkers, one is a great heel you love to boo the other a hometown face. Its not that complicated

Bwuk

Punk and MJF was some great tv.

Two great talkers, one is a great heel you love to boo the other a hometown face. Its not that complicated
I think the opposite. Constant WWE jabs. It’s the same old stick.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was good, it was just long... I mean somwehere Triple H was watching on, looking at his watch and thinking "these lot talk too much"

The WWE references weren't bad - didn't feel like they were "cheap jabs" (which are pretty lame to be fair) - hell MJF should be thrilled to be a less famous Miz, and the funniest thing about the Cena stuff, is if Cena showed up in AEW, the place would (rightfully) lose it's mind.

The worst line was the UFC line, but probably intentionally so, so that Punk could call it out as low hanging fruit.

KingCavani

Best promo work I've seen in years.

MJF legit has greatest ever levels of potential. I don't think I've ever not seen him nail a promo. He sold Punk's insults so perfectly too. They referenced WWE but not in a way that was cheap or even disrespectful, it was all either legit history or pretty hilarious comparisons. It never felt too shootish either which I feel a lot of Punk promos can. Amazing work by both guys.

Bwuk

Best promo work I've seen in years.

MJF legit has greatest ever levels of potential. I don't think I've ever not seen him nail a promo. He sold Punk's insults so perfectly too. They referenced WWE but not in a way that was cheap or even disrespectful, it was all either legit history or pretty hilarious comparisons. It never felt too shootish either which I feel a lot of Punk promos can. Amazing work by both guys.
Sorry, forgot MJF had history with HHH, Cena & Miz.

Punks been away 7/8 years and is still beyond bitter. He should take his own advice.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/cm-punk-says-aew-should-focus-on-itself-and-stop-talking-about-wwe/

KingCavani

The Hilton

Punks been away 7/8 years and is still beyond bitter. He should take his own advice.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/cm-punk-says-aew-should-focus-on-itself-and-stop-talking-about-wwe/
This is a bizarrely defensive post, clearly he was talking about how all of them are big parts of Punk's history.

I really enjoyed the promo, they can't pretend that Punk didn't have a career before AEW, and the mentions of WWE all made sense given the context.

Sylar

I feel sorry for any wrestling fan who didn’t enjoy that segment and I’m not even a AEW guy.
People choose a side and sadly stick to it rather than enjoying

The funny ones are those who clearly have angst against a product yet choose to watch for the sole reason to criticize

Ekeke

The story is that MJF thinks Punk is hyped up by the fans because they felt he should be number 1, but he's always been number 2.

Of course you're going to mention who he was second fiddle to if you're MJF.

Now he's got the chance to be number 1 and MJF is saying he will fail and he will be number 2 to MJF as well.

Its a good storyline and makes perfect sense for why Punk's previous work would be brought up. But you know that already.

Holocene

HHH has a history with Punk. The comparisons with Miz and Cena have been made for both guys.

I feel sorry for any wrestling fan who didn’t enjoy that segment and I’m not even a AEW guy.
AEW has become cool therefore it's cool to hate it.

It's tragic.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The promo was really good. I watched the whole 18 minutes last night and I felt it flew by. The WWE mentions got a good reaction but weren't cheap WWE digs. They were just digs, using a former WWE guy's past for a reaction.

As somebody who hates 'the other team' being mentioned by either side, I didn't mind the mentions at all.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It was a decent segment but I still think the two can do better. They should string this one along for a while imo before the pay off.

The main event was really good. Pac is just the perfect wrestler and the Cody hate is now at meme levels. Actually genuinely felt for him when the crowd threw his belt back into the ring as funny as it was.

Stevondo8

The promo was really good. I watched the whole 18 minutes last night and I felt it flew by. The WWE mentions got a good reaction but weren't cheap WWE digs. They were just digs, using a former WWE guy's past for a reaction.

As somebody who hates 'the other team' being mentioned by either side, I didn't mind the mentions at all.
it was good, but 18 minutes felt a bit long to me. MJF’s second speech bit seemed to go on for quite a while. Still, was good, better than most you see on tv these days.

Wonder what likes of Miz think about being used in such a way…find it hard to believe HHH or Cena would have been paying attention.

lsd

The Oracle
This is a bizarrely defensive post, clearly he was talking about how all of them are big parts of Punk's history.

I really enjoyed the promo, they can't pretend that Punk didn't have a career before AEW, and the mentions of WWE all made sense given the context.

Sorry I am not a huge wrestling fan and don't even know who MGF is but just wanted to say in agreement with you.

Why on earth world they not pretend that any of these wrestlers had careers before joining this company?

Isn't the point when they make their first appearance everyone goes mental as they know who they are?

I'm sure the WWE have regularly done this I mean did they not invade WCW at one point?

It's weird to me that some people think they should never mention another company

Sylar

It's weird to me that some people think they should never mention another company
Conditioning tbh

I get the notion you don't do what tna did because we know what happened to tna
But mentioning a wrestlers past or history in a certain way can be great

Also saying MGF to show you don't know who he is, was funny

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
MJF and Punk tried to continue on after past week's brilliant promo...and crashed and burned.

MJF did anyway. Terrible shite.

Bryan is such a great heel.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah didn't like the MJF Punk stuff either.

Danielson is showing how to be a great heal with so much less effort. Love his shtick right now.

That last match was all over the place. Pure comedy from Arn at the start, another chuckle with Cody and the sledgehammer and then a totally unnecessary and dangerous finish also that was kind of fecked up. I mean Cody visibly had grease on his back for the most of the bout that gradually rubbed off. Was kind of funny hearing the commentators trying to explain it away. At least Andrade covered it with his shirt.

When they went over the table and Andrade had those flames on him :lol: Made absolutely zero sense that he had got the worst of it either.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah didn't like the MJF Punk stuff either.

Danielson is showing how to be a great heal with so much less effort. Love his shtick right now.

That last match was all over the place. Pure comedy from Arn at the start, another chuckle with Cody and the sledgehammer and then a totally unnecessary and dangerous finish also that was kind of fecked up. I mean Cody visibly had grease on his back for the most of the bout that gradually rubbed off. Was kind of funny hearing the commentators trying to explain it away. At least Andrade covered it with his shirt.

When they went over the table and Andrade had those flames on him :lol: Made absolutely zero sense that he had got the worst of it either.
I struggle to think of another wrestler that can play such a natural baby face and natural heel so effortlessly. You're normally much better at one than the other (discluding tweeners like Austin), but Bryan plays both exceptionally.