Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

choccy77

WWE Sack all their talent and staff, begs Impact for some wrestlers to fill Royal Rumble.

Pathetic company

choccy77

There have been some strong rumours over the last couple of weeks floating around, that Vince's destruction of NXT is some kind of punishment of HHH for coming 2nd to AEW, moreso than Vince wanting a different vision (which is deffo 1 of the reasons)

choccy77

WWE announced the following competitors for the 2022 Women's Royal Rumble:

*WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair, marking the first time an active Champion has competed in the Women's Rumble match.

*Nikki Bella in her first match since 2018.

*Brie Bella in her first match since 2018.

*Michelle McCool in her first match since the Evolution 2018 PPV.

*Summer Rae in her first WWE bout since 2016.

*Mickie James, billed as the Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion, in her first WWE appearance since the 2021 Rumble match.

*Kelly Kelly in her first WWE match since the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble.

*Lita in her first WWE match since 2018.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Brock might be my favourite talker in WWE right now... which isn't something I ever really expected.

Those two title matches at the Rumble look pretty tasty... even if Reigns vs. Rollins doesn't make much sense and seemingly just been bungled together.

Bwuk

There have been some strong rumours over the last couple of weeks floating around, that Vince's destruction of NXT is some kind of punishment of HHH for coming 2nd to AEW, moreso than Vince wanting a different vision (which is deffo 1 of the reasons)
Vince only cares about making $$$. The new NXT has much lower overheads than the older one, and is much more of a developmental brand than the super Indy that NXT had become.

WWE Sack all their talent and staff, begs Impact for some wrestlers to fill Royal Rumble.

Pathetic company
Begs? :lol:.

Bwuk

Brock might be my favourite talker in WWE right now... which isn't something I ever really expected.

Those two title matches at the Rumble look pretty tasty... even if Reigns vs. Rollins doesn't make much sense and seemingly just been bungled together.
Farmer Brock is hilarious.

Brocks been brilliant ever since his return. Nothing with him has ever felt boring. I wonder if Roman costs Brock the title or something. It still feels like it’ll be Brock v Roman at Mania, and I don’t see them wanting to combine the titles.

Ekeke

Well its both the same thing. He thinks the tall guys will be the big stars, and if you have a show of stars they wouldnt have lost to AEW.

paulscholes18

WWE announced the following competitors for the 2022 Women's Royal Rumble:

*WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair, marking the first time an active Champion has competed in the Women's Rumble match.

*Nikki Bella in her first match since 2018.

*Brie Bella in her first match since 2018.

*Michelle McCool in her first match since the Evolution 2018 PPV.

*Summer Rae in her first WWE bout since 2016.

*Mickie James, billed as the Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion, in her first WWE appearance since the 2021 Rumble match.

*Kelly Kelly in her first WWE match since the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble.

*Lita in her first WWE match since 2018.
Would have been better of making it a 20 woman rumble match.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Pathetic company
I doubt there was much begging. Despite all their releases they can comfortably fill a 30 woman rumble with talent they already have across all 3 brands not to mention NXTUK.

Though I do think the women's would be better if it were 20/25 rather than 30.

choccy77

I doubt there was much begging. Despite all their releases they can comfortably fill a 30 woman rumble with talent they already have across all 3 brands not to mention NXTUK.

Though I do think the women's would be better if it were 20/25 rather than 30.
Yeah I know they didn't beg, but it's obvious they are lacking quality hence all the callups of older wrestlers to fill up the numbers.

Will be interested to see if Nick Khan can find a way to trim even more away from the company expenditure in the next few months.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah I know they didn't beg, but it's obvious they are lacking quality hence all the callups of older wrestlers to fill up the numbers.

Will be interested to see if Nick Khan can find a way to trim even more away from the company expenditure in the next few months.
They've done that for every womens rumble since it's inception. Cheap pops and all that.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Brock just doesn't have to say much to be interesting. No one else can say "shut up Paul" and it's somehow the most entertaining part of the show.

WWE clearly need to just get rid of the separate Raw/Smackdown rosters. They've barely left themselves enough talent for one roster never mind two. Raw has 4 worthwhile wrestlers and they chucked them all into the same match/dynamic so now have literally nowhere to go.

Also is Hook actually Taz's son? He looks like a right knob but definitely has something about him. Another who's somehow more interesting than 90% of the rest just by showing up.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Brock just doesn't have to say much to be interesting. No one else can say "shut up Paul" and it's somehow the most entertaining part of the show.

WWE clearly need to just get rid of the separate Raw/Smackdown rosters. They've barely left themselves enough talent for one roster never mind two. Raw has 4 worthwhile wrestlers and they chucked them all into the same match/dynamic so now have literally nowhere to go.

Also is Hook actually Taz's son? He looks like a right knob but definitely has something about him. Another who's somehow more interesting than 90% of the rest just by showing up.
I honestly think a trimmed roster appearing on both shows is the end goal.

And hook is indeed the son of Taz.

choccy77

I honestly think a trimmed roster appearing on both shows is the end goal.

And hook is indeed the son of Taz.
They still have to have 2 World champions though to appease Peacock and Fox and House show events still tour separately.

I think that's where NXT 2.0 comes in to push new talent in quick as possible to boost main roster.

Ultimately its pointless without decent booking.

I still don't understand why the messed up the Roman v Brock storyline and Pushed Brock onto the Raw Champions Match.

They could simply have postponed the Match for 6 days and held it as a big main event on Smackdown.

Rollins was scheduled to win the WWE title last week, so Vince really ruined both things pretty badly and now it just looks awkward and forced more than ever.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Pathetic company
And include Johnny Knoxville, I know it’s to promote the new Jackass film but still…

Ekeke

And include Johnny Knoxville, I know it’s to promote the new Jackass film but still…
I can see what you mean and im on the side of wrestlers getting paid for obvious reasons, but if you're going to have a celebrity then one who can probably take a stupid bump or do something unique to stay in the Rumble I dont think its that bad a thing. In terms of entertainment it might end up quite good.

Minkaro

I can see what you mean and im on the side of wrestlers getting paid for obvious reasons, but if you're going to have a celebrity then one who can probably take a stupid bump or do something unique to stay in the Rumble I dont think its that bad a thing. In terms of entertainment it might end up quite good.
Drew Carey in the 2001 Rumble was great.

I'm just gutted Braun and Keith Lee aren't around. Either of them flattening Knoxville would be tremendous fun.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Hasn't Jericho burned a lot of WWE bridges? Though he does always bang on about how him and McMahon are friends.

My guess it would be Christian, for the pop he never got last year.... though having said that, I don't think there will be any "Elite Star" in the rumble.

choccy77

Apparently it is meant to be Y2J but nothing official.

Could be they do a deal as the Women's RR also lacking

Sylar

Brock having fun is just fun
I loved when he was mitb winner with the boom box briefcase

Ladron de redcafe

Seeing WWE and AEW are working together to get some of AEW's top talent to appear at the Royal Rumble would be intetesting, if the reports are true.

But it also puts into perspective how McMahon must see AEW. Imagining him giving a WCW star Exposure on his show in the late 90s seems a little difficult, but they did have a working relationship with ECW.

Either way, WWE does need some star power, and it would be fun to see someone like Jericho back.

Ladron de redcafe

Hulk Hogan tweeted that Betty White and Sidney Poitier (both over 95) "dropped like flies" after taking the covid-19 vaccine but that "(they) won't tell you that".

Some backlash:

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
WWE looking to bring in an "Elite" Star as a RR surprise
Given that he can actually leave AEW now as per the clause in his contract, I wonder what the odds are of this guy being Mox/Ambrose. Been a few vague mentions of the Shield on WWE television lately ( not least with Rollins knocking on Roman's door with their beat) and with Rollins vs Roman scheduled for the Rumble, wonder what the odds would be on Ambrose returning and winning the Rumble?

I know he's said it'd have to be an insane amount of money for him to return there, but who knows? Punk said he'd never wrestle again and look at him now.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Given that he can actually leave AEW now as per the clause in his contract, I wonder what the odds are of this guy being Mox/Ambrose. Been a few vague mentions of the Shield on WWE television lately ( not least with Rollins knocking on Roman's door with their beat) and with Rollins vs Roman scheduled for the Rumble, wonder what the odds would be on Ambrose returning and winning the Rumble?

I know he's said it'd have to be an insane amount of money for him to return there, but who knows? Punk said he'd never wrestle again and look at him now.
Even if Mox was fit and healthy, i'd be shocked if he was in the rumble.

With him currently taking time off, I'd put it down as one of the biggest shocks ever if he were to show up.

choccy77

Apparently, there is also a rumor that a champion from a different company, who has already publicly challenged Roman to a match, could also be one of the surprises.

Only thing that does seem certain at the RR, is a Title change, so they can get back to the planned WM main events, they messed up at Day 1 due to hot shot booking.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Apparently, there is also a rumor that a champion from a different company, who has already publicly challenged Roman to a match, could also be one of the surprises.

Only thing that does seem certain at the RR, is a Title change, so they can get back to the planned WM main events, they messed up at Day 1 due to hot shot booking.
I don't think they messed up, they were in a tight spot with Roman out and needed something. The main event picture has been interesting since, so I'd say they were mostly successful.

But yeah, Roman or Brock will win the Rumble, whichever loses their match (probably Brock as him chasing Roman is better?)

choccy77

I don't think they messed up, they were in a tight spot with Roman out and needed something. The main event picture has been interesting since, so I'd say they were mostly successful.

But yeah, Roman or Brock will win the Rumble, whichever loses their match (probably Brock as him chasing Roman is better?)
I think Seth beats Roman to switch the belts & will be Brock v Roman at Mania for WWE Title

But who knows.

So apparently WWE are now open to working with other companies going forward and not just for RR.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I think Seth beats Roman to switch the belts & will be Brock v Roman at Mania for WWE Title

But who knows.

So apparently WWE are now open to working with other companies going forward and not just for RR.
It would have to be Brock losing for the belts to be on the right shows (as Brock is technically Smackdown I think? who feckin' knows at this point). Roman is definitely Smackdown so his feud would have to be on there I'd imagine.

Where are these rumours coming from? Can't see anything elsewhere on the interwebs?

choccy77

It would have to be Brock losing for the belts to be on the right shows (as Brock is technically Smackdown I think? who feckin' knows at this point). Roman is definitely Smackdown so his feud would have to be on there I'd imagine.

Where are these rumours coming from? Can't see anything elsewhere on the interwebs?
WWE are gonna likely switch the belts around. I expect Seth to beat Roman in that case. Brock will stay on Smackdown.

The main ones.

Ekeke

Im super behind with NXT, just finished the 2nd half of the Ciampa and Bron Breakker match from the previous week. I didnt like Bron's delayed suplex, but absolutely everything else looked good and he tried a bunch of stuff that isnt the basics so plenty of things could have gone wrong and instead they were impressive. I especially liked his frankensteiner. He is great, just hope he's considered tall enough for the main roster