Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

choccy77

Hopefully it's with the Judas theme if it turns out to be true.
I highly doubt it unfortunately because one, WWE doesn't have the rights and Two, WWE will still act as though no one knows him outside of WWE and will be Y2J variation.

But, It may still not be him, as still several choices it seems as surprises.

Sylar

It should be samoa Joe...

So then after rumble Vince can fire him again

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If we have posts that allude to 'rumours' can we post sources please? So many posts on start with "apparently...." but never any basis given to where the rumours are coming from

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If we have posts that allude to 'rumours' can we post sources please? So many posts on start with "apparently...." but never any basis given to where the rumours are coming from
Source: "Trust me bro"

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If there is someone appearing from AEW in the rumble, fair play to WWE for allowing bigger cross-promotion on a bigger show (it's already happened on a smaller scale on NXT a few times).

If they're not, and personally I don't think they are, it's fantastic marketing. Bring in Mickie James to act as if they're open to it, create rumours of someone from AEW appearing which naturally creates a buzz about the rumble you wouldn't have otherwise had. Wrestling/AEW fans who were planning on skipping the rumble will tune in, just incase.

Sylar

If there is someone appearing from AEW in the rumble, fair play to WWE for allowing bigger cross-promotion on a bigger show (it's already happened on a smaller scale on NXT a few times).

If they're not, and personally I don't think they are, it's fantastic marketing. Bring in Mickie James to act as if they're open to it, create rumours of someone from AEW appearing which naturally creates a buzz about the rumble you wouldn't have otherwise had. Wrestling/AEW fans who were planning on skipping the rumble will tune in, just incase.
Tbf most will watch rumble cos it's rumble

b82REZ

:lol: if there is nothing to back it up I just assume it’s some nonsense from twitter or Reddit
It's not even being reported there.

The poster in question seems to have a throw enough shit strategy. Constantly posts rumours and they never transpire.

Ekeke

Adam Cole's presentation/placement now is looking great. 2 strong tag teams and now Britt is with them, this is pretty much the perfect storyline to go to with Omega taking time off and he could go right to the top as Hangman's main threat.

This is why you shouldnt jump the gun when a new person comes into AEW and they aren't immediately having matches for the titles. They almost always have a plan for the big names to build some momentum and then at the right time they are in the right place

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One thing you can't take away from WWE is their ability to crank out an absolutely brilliant video package

Best thing on RAW by an absolute mile.

choccy77

Everything I get that is factual comes from PWInsider.

Other bits come from my news feed, which PWI will at some point collaborate or deny.

Currently, its unlikely any AEW wrestlers will appear at RR even though Dean Ambrose was used on WWE TV for first time since he left.

I could see Braun coming back as a one off.

Bwuk

Would be hilarious to see the IWC meltdown if Cody returned to WWE.

Zero chance it happens.

KingCavani

Just saw this reported this morning. Seems slightly unfair since the Nazi is so obscure!
It's an obscure name.

It doesn't have to be intentional, it's still extreme negligence not to get it checked when the name is so specific.

It's just so unbelievably stupid to change the name of a guy who's already over with a lot of fans anyways.

cyberman

It's an obscure name.

It doesn't have to be intentional, it's still extreme negligence not to get it checked when the name is so specific.

It's just so unbelievably stupid to change the name of a guy who's already over with a lot of fans anyways.
Yeah but how? Is there a Nazi database?
im not even a fan, WWE turned me away years ago but Nazis didn’t invent unique names for themselves.If anything it seems kind of racist to be looking at Germanic names like this imo. I’m sure there were plenty of men called Seamus in the IRA as an example.
Just my take on it

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just saw this reported this morning. Seems slightly unfair since the Nazi is so obscure!
I think you are missing the first part of the story. They registered a trademark for a name only the other day. People were speculating what the name was for, but people only joked it could possibly be for WALTER. It's not just Gunther. They registered the trademark for Gunther Stark! https://wrestletalk.com/news/walter-given-new-name-in-nxt-2-0/

Last edited:

Bwuk

There would of been Nazis named Walter too.

It's a dumb name. Makes me think of Gunther from Friends.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Nobody is arguing that calling a guy Gunther is problematic. What's problematic is naming a guy Gunther Stark when you look at the Google results.

Renaming WALTER to Gunther is pretty stupid though. It's not problematic, but it is ridiculously stupid when he's recently been your longest reigning champion in decades and arguably the third most over person on your entire roster after Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar.

cyberman

I think you are missing the first part of the story. They registered a trademark for a name only the other day. People were speculating what the name was for, but people only joked it could possibly be for WALTER. It's not just Gunther. They registered the trademark for Gunther Stark! https://wrestletalk.com/news/walter-given-new-name-in-nxt-2-0/
Oh I understand but I don’t get the need for WWE to trawl Nazi databases for similar names? Apparently he only spent 29 days at sea!
I can see Stark, has brand recognition with GOT leaders etc. stark means strong in German so it’s a good, solid name. Even then they didn’t actually call him Stark last night which makes it all the more weird. I still remember the Submission Sisters fiasco from the tail end of my fandom so this is in that same, dumbass, category.
Now they’re stuck with Gunther on its own which sounds fecking terrible

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Oh I understand but I don’t get the need for WWE to trawl Nazi databases for similar names? Apparently he only spent 29 days at sea!
I can see Stark, has brand recognition with GOT leaders etc. stark means strong in German so it’s a good, solid name. Even then they didn’t actually call him Stark last night which makes it all the more weird. I still remember the Submission Sisters fiasco from the tail end of my fandom so this is in that same, dumbass, category.
Now they’re stuck with Gunther on its own which sounds fecking terrible
You'd think anyone creating fictional characters would do a Google search of a proposed name just to see what the top hits are. It's hard to argue it is unfortunate when you start looking at the breadcrumbs:

You play with fire by raising these sorts of associations, and need a high degree of maturity and sophistication in your storytelling to justify doing so. They are already getting negative attention in the German media: https://www.bild.de/sport/mehr-spor...-um-nazi-namen-fuer-walter-78871292.bild.html

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Nobody is arguing that calling a guy Gunther is problematic. What's problematic is naming a guy Gunther Stark when you look at the Google results.

Renaming WALTER to Gunther is pretty stupid though. It's not problematic, but it is ridiculously stupid when he's recently been your longest reigning champion in decades and arguably the third most over person on your entire roster after Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar.
Lets not be crazy now. Looking at the roster on wiki, all these would be comfortably more over than Walter...

AJ
Big E
Edge
Balor (somehow...)
Owens
Miz
Orton
Rey
Rollins
Alexa
Becky
Drew
Sasha
Bayley
Asuka
Io

cyberman

You'd think anyone creating fictional characters would do a Google search of a proposed name just to see what the top hits are. It's hard to argue it is unfortunate when you start looking at the breadcrumbs:

You play with fire by raising these sorts of associations, and need a high degree of maturity and sophistication in your storytelling to justify doing so. They are already getting negative attention in the German media: https://www.bild.de/sport/mehr-spor...-um-nazi-namen-fuer-walter-78871292.bild.html
Sorry but I got as far as guess who else was Austrian and almost stopped there. This reads as someone who is just uncomfortable with their history of Nazis which is understandable, even one of his points on there has been deleted from twitter but it remains on that post unaltered. He isn’t standing by it for some reason.

That doesn’t seem bad to me.

Sylar

It doesn't matter what name he has, he will end up like everyone else anyway.

If he was on smack down or raw going at Roman or brock that would be fun to try and see

Bwuk

Looks much better. He looked absolutely terrible before he went to rehab. He looks like Dean Ambrose again.