Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

cyberman

You dont blame him for exploiting an employee who had medical bills for their parents that they werent able to pay and raising their wages to double in exchange for sex?
Wait who said she couldn’t pay her medical bills and that she was paid for sex?

choccy77

You dont blame him for exploiting an employee who had medical bills for their parents that they werent able to pay and raising their wages to double in exchange for sex?
No, I'm saying, for Vince and his ego, it was just another notch for him, he saw a potential easy target and took it.

If course its wrong, but at the same time she chose to have the relationship. What happened after with her being passed around as the company bong, is completely disgraceful.

There are no such stories re the bolded part you mentioned, where on earth did you even come up with that complete fake story.

I bet all bilionaires do this type of thing, didn't Bill Gates and others get named dropped a year or so ago as well for various affairs.

Ekeke

No, I'm saying, for Vince and his ego, it was just another notch for him, he saw a potential easy target and took it.

If course its wrong, but at the same time she chose to have the relationship. What happened after with her being passed around as the company bong, is completely disgraceful.

There are no such stories re the bolded part you mentioned, where on earth did you even come up with that complete fake story.

I bet all bilionaires do this type of thing, didn't Bill Gates and others get named dropped a year or so ago as well for various affairs.
Thats the account of her friend that leaked it. Why she wanted the money and how the situation happened. You think her friend said "She wanted money so they let her pass her round like a toy". Jesus christ

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Man did I fall down a rabbit hole in the last week or so.

Rewatching early nineties events on YT - the nostalgia, especially when you go down the wiki hole too.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Watched smackdown, apart from the main event ( was really good) I thought was a really bad show and they only brought Vince out for ratings,

how Shayna has fallen, ever since she lost to Becky at Mainia, to having a monster push to being squashed by a newbie in Raquel Gonzales (spelling)

also don’t want to see Roman v Lesnar again at summerslam.

choccy77

Another WWE referee died today.

Tim White, long time employee of WWE, Andre The Giants friend and manager and Referee R.I.P

choccy77

The 6/17 Friday Night Smackdown episode on FOX, empowered by the Vince McMahon allegations coverage and the return of Roman Reigns, brought in 2,290,000 overnight viewers and a 0.39 in the 18-49 demo.

Smackdown was, by FAR, the highest in the demo for anything on broadcast TV that night.

They were way up from last week's 1,914,000 overnight viewers

choccy77

Vince just trolled everyone again on Raw :lol:

He nearly died trying to get out of that ring, how on earth did he manage to bang anyone, when he can barely walk.

choccy77

I dont know if he's so old he's gone crazy or just so old he gives even less of a fcuk than before.
It's just classic Vince, his ego is huge.

He won't hide from what's going on, he never has.

But he clearly should not be on TV, he can barely walk and looks like he could collapse at any moment.. its embarrassing really.

Tyrion

It's just classic Vince, his ego is huge.

He won't hide from what's going on, he never has.

But he clearly should not be on TV, he can barely walk and looks like he could collapse at any moment.. its embarrassing really.
I remember watching the TV show The Tudors about Henry the 8th. By the late seasons, he was overweight and walked with a limp because of a scar that smelled and leaked pus. But because he was king and had an extreme temper, everyone just pretended he was still in his 20s.

Not sure why that just came to mind.....

Ekeke

Vince knows the fans will cheer because its newsworthy that he's even coming out. Can help them get a rating

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Whoever wrote that stupid line for the Usos is a terrible writer, "You're the 2s and we're the 1s." Absolutely fecking awful and I cringe every single time they say it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I am so sports entertained by Ezekiel/Elias.

Though the whole thing working is probably down to Kevin Owens being brilliant

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I am so sports entertained by Ezekiel/Elias.

Though the whole thing working is probably down to Kevin Owens being brilliant
Came here to say this! Weirdly the best story going and making Elias/Ezekiel look brilliant. :lol:

Also like you said Owens is an absolute legend.

choccy77

I'm not a fan, think they're a bit shit on the mic and the stuff they say is cringe.
To be fair, given how they both are probably not sober, having them limited to remembering the numbers 1 & 2 is a remarkable feat in itself.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I find them genuinely annoying, so if it's on purpose then fair play. Although you get the impression it isn't.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Thought raw was good this week, the woman’s fatal 5 way was brilliant, didn’t want Carmella to win, wanted wee Liv,
Vince getting out the ring :lol:

Sylar

Catching up on aew. I like it for the most part, but the build for forbidden door has been atrocious

The use of ospreay has been weird AF. Glad he at least got a one on one match on dynamite last week.

The 20 on 1 wardlow match was awkward too. Didn't do anything for wardlow imo.

And there are too many freaking titles. Miro is great and should win that new title.

MUW4Eva

Catching up on aew. I like it for the most part, but the build for forbidden door has been atrocious

The use of ospreay has been weird AF. Glad he at least got a one on one match on dynamite last week.

The 20 on 1 wardlow match was awkward too. Didn't do anything for wardlow imo.

And there are too many freaking titles. Miro is great and should win that new title.
The issue with AEW, especially Rampage, is that they have far too many matches, and not anywhere near enough storylines.

It is pointless having a 5 star classic match, if it is all for nothing storyline wise.

Just having a match for match sake is meaningless.
Which is where we come to the NJPW stuff, they have done an abysmally poor job of introducing these wrestlers to people who might not know who they are, or why they are here, or any backstory to their character etc.

All they have done is "wow it is Person X, this is amazing!!", that isn't how you tell a story, that isn't how you help to tell someone who doesn't watch NJPW who they are.

Where are the video packages to give depth to each person?
If they can't get the rights from NJPW for the use of footage, then they shouldn't be doing this PPV.

This is the annoyance with AEW, they expect their fans/viewers to already know who everyone is, rather than giving them any knowledge whatsoever.

Why should anyone know who the "Murder Grandpa" is, or who Will Osprey is? Why should anyone be excited about them, if you don't tell or show them reasons to be exited about them??

Just having them randomly show up, with no build up, no hype packages, is all rather pointless, and not helpful in getting to know them.
Have backstage interviews, or in ring interviews, just something so that people can get to know them, or have any sort of reason to care at all.
It may shock people at AEW, but not everyone also pays for or watches NJPW World.
So that is why it is important to try to educate people about who these people are from NJPW.

cyberman

The issue with AEW, especially Rampage, is that they have far too many matches, and not anywhere near enough storylines.

It is pointless having a 5 star classic match, if it is all for nothing storyline wise.

Which is where we come to the NJPW stuff, they have done an abysmally poor job of introducing these wrestlers to people who might not know who they are, or why they are here, or any backstory to their character etc.

All they have done is "wow it is Person X, this is amazing!!", that isn't how you tell a story, that isn't how you help to tell someone who doesn't watch NJPW who they are.

If they can't get the rights from NJPW for the use of footage, then they shouldn't be doing this PPV.

This is the annoyance with AEW, they expect their fans/viewers to already know who everyone is, rather than giving them any knowledge whatsoever.

Why should anyone know who the "Murder Grandpa" is, or who Will Osprey is? Why should anyone be excited about them, if you don't tell or show them reasons to be exited about them??

Just having them randomly show up, with no build up, no hype packages, is all rather pointless, and not helpful in getting to know them.
Have backstage interviews, or in ring interviews, just something so that people can get to know them, or have any sort of reason to care at all.
It may shock people at AEW, but not everyone also pays for or watches NJPW World.
So that is why it is important to try to educate people about who these people are from NJPW.
New Japan has always been overrated by die hard fans and I can see how the AEW management got caught up in it. Meltzer once went on a Twitter crusade telling us that NJPW was drawing 300k on their American channel so Impact tried dirty tricks to get them dropped only for it to be revealed that Nielsen doesn’t cover that channel for ratings.
Meltzer just couldn’t let it be known New Japan were simply dropped. The online hive mind is completely understandable imo.
The rule of thumb should be if Vince hasn’t done it by the time he’s 76 then there’s no money in it to be made

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Try saying that on Twitter or worse, Reddit.

"The match is the story!"

These fecks think they're watching Shakespeare.

The Hilton

Gotta agree about the forbidden door stuff - it's fine when you get one person dropping by for a little bit, but the way they've built this requires fans to know who the people are and why they should care. I don't know any of the folks from NJPW, apart from Jay White who appeared on AEW before and impressed me, so I don't really know why I should care.

It's also detracted from the core product too, most of the internal storylines are stuck in a holding pattern until forbidden door is out of the way.

Hopefully it goes down as a failed experiment and AEW can get back to its own stuff with the occasional cameo rather than this crossover thing.

Sylar

Yeah I agree with that.

They had a perfect blueprint to copy with the whole ROh vs CZW from the 2000s. (and of course the failed wwe/wcw one to learn from and what NOT to do)
The debuts have been flat too. Even Ospreay, his music hit and the fans came off as not having a clue who he was. It got a bit louder when he walked out, but there wasnt that 'holy shit, hes a star' moment.

The rest... well you have is Excalibur screaming their name, Tony.S getting excited and waiting for Excalibur to say who it is or JR saying their name wrong.

I agree about the video packages.

They also built towards Okada vs Page it seemed, and then Okada loses his title? They also had Ospreays team fight on Rampage ... and lose. Then had an amazing Ospreay match on last weeks dynamite, but with one day build announced on twitter?
I seriously would have been happy if they just copied the CZW ROH blueprint.

Or just announce the card and the matches. And then just do video packages. And explain why its happening. It seems like neither one or the other at the moment.

MUW4Eva

Gotta agree about the forbidden door stuff - it's fine when you get one person dropping by for a little bit, but the way they've built this requires fans to know who the people are and why they should care. I don't know any of the folks from NJPW, apart from Jay White who appeared on AEW before and impressed me, so I don't really know why I should care.

It's also detracted from the core product too, most of the internal storylines are stuck in a holding pattern until forbidden door is out of the way.

Hopefully it goes down as a failed experiment and AEW can get back to its own stuff with the occasional cameo rather than this crossover thing.
I have no problem with using cross over people, but the main point is, to educate people who they are, build them up with videos/interviews etc.
If the Japanese ones are not confident with their English, use subtitles on videos.

Just some information, any information would be far better than the current situation of "Look it is Person X from NJPW!", I mean why should anyone care??

There should be meaning and they dhould make people care, as right now, there is none of that.
Just because Tony might know and be excited about Will Osprey or anyone else from NJPW doesn't or shouldn't mean that everyone else will be.
That takes time and patience, and most importantly work to do so.

I mean unless I am mistaken, there was recently a title change in NJPW, but where was the footage on AEW to back that up?
Instead all we got was the new champion showing up out of nowhere, and cutting a promo in the middle the ring....

I mean, who is Jay White, why should I care about him or his title??
It is this notion of expectation, that everyone is supposed to automatically know who all of these NJPW guys are, that is my biggest bug bear.

This notion that everyone is supposed to know who everyone from NJPW is, their backstories, & how they fit in with other wrestlers that AEW have on their roster, and if you don't, then you are somehow a lesser fan, is very odd.
Surely a TV product should be actively wanting to expand their audience numbers, not try to make it as hard as possible to do so??
It makes no sense to me.

If they were to do another cross over (again this has a lot of similarities to the TNA/impact crossover recently, where they didn't use any footage from any impact shows, it was only one way traffic) then they would or should do things a lot differently.

Keefy18

Fantastic post!

The points you make about video packages hits the nail on the head and complete lack of storytelling ability across the wrestling industry these days.

Probably one of the main reasons it struggles to attract new fans.

MUW4Eva

Yeah I agree with that.

They had a perfect blueprint to copy with the whole ROh vs CZW from the 2000s. (and of course the failed wwe/wcw one to learn from and what NOT to do)
The debuts have been flat too. Even Ospreay, his music hit and the fans came off as not having a clue who he was. It got a bit louder when he walked out, but there wasnt that 'holy shit, hes a star' moment.

The rest... well you have is Excalibur screaming their name, Tony.S getting excited and waiting for Excalibur to say who it is or JR saying their name wrong.

I agree about the video packages.

They also built towards Okada vs Page it seemed, and then Okada loses his title? They also had Ospreays team fight on Rampage ... and lose. Then had an amazing Ospreay match on last weeks dynamite, but with one day build announced on twitter?
I seriously would have been happy if they just copied the CZW ROH blueprint.

Or just announce the card and the matches. And then just do video packages. And explain why its happening. It seems like neither one or the other at the moment.
This is it, I have no problem with the concept in practice, on paper it is a wonderful idea, however they have gone about this all wrong.

Have people show up unexpectedly by all means, but crucially do it AFTER you have introduced them, given a bit of a backstory to them.

Also this should only go ahead if both sides can agree to use each others footage, as footage is a vital tool in getting the audience to know just who is who.
Without having any footage of say Osprey or White, why are they such a big deal, why would Okada having a match be such a big deal?
As unless I am mistaken, the last time Okada was in an American company it was TNA, and well the less said about that the better, so if that was someone's most recent memory hypothetically about Okada, then they are not going to be excited about his arrival for example are they??

It is something that WWE do very well, they do hype unbelievably well, just look at how they are hyping up Cena's return, they have put more effort into his return packages, then AEW has with their combined effort for ALL of the NJPW wrestlers coming over.

It is this expectation that the audience or fans, is supposed to already know who is who straight away, without any help, that really puzzles me.
There is almost a snooty, looking down on people feeling, as if you don't know who the "Murder Grandpa" is then you are not a real fan, that is grating.

Give information out, get me and others excited about these people, make me want to see White, Okaka, ZsJ, etc etc, build up the matches, but instead, they have done nothing, they play a wrestlers music, put up the NJPW logo, and well that is it.

It is a terrible way to go about things, as bad and as terrible as the Invasion angle was with the WWF/ECW/WCW, at the very least there was hype, there was backstory, there was a reason to care, here there certainly isn't.