Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

MUW4Eva

Or Hangman wins IWGP, Tanahashi wins AEW and then they have a match to settle who is best
Well it wouldn't settle it, as the belt that Tanahasi would have, wouldn't be of any value at all...

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anyone PM me a reliable river? I find the ones on the most common site go off every 20 minutes which is obviously fantastic and I'd like to report the more stable ones.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah BCC is pretty OP right now and I'm fine with that.

I hope we get them draped in gold at some point.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed that show top to bottom. Could've done without the blood and guts run in nonsense at the end (Just bring Punk out in Chicago for a stare down) but overall a fun night. Definitely something to build on.

MUW4Eva

I feel like this card and probably AEW in general isn't for you.
Huh??

Why do you say that??

I quite like AEW, but I have only been asking for the bare minimum in terms of promotion here, which they haven't done sadly.

Still trying to work out what was so "Forbidden" about the women's match which featured two AEW talents.......

Last edited:

Ekeke

What a show. One of the best in many years

Funny thing about all the cancelled dream matches is you still have them to do next time and you've already done a 16 thousand person live attendance show with a great atmosphere before it.

The Cole finish was certainly a little off but the driver didnt look like he landed badly, so I can only imagine Okada's dropkick caught him in the head and sent him a bit loopy.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What a show. One of the best in many years

Funny thing about all the cancelled dream matches is you still have them to do next time and you've already done a 16 thousand person live attendance show with a great atmosphere before it.

The Cole finish was certainly a little off but the driver didnt look like he landed badly, so I can only imagine Okada's dropkick caught him in the head and sent him a bit loopy.
Yeah I think that was comfortably my favourite PPV of theirs.

Watched the Claudio v ZSJ match again earlier with the volume up this time just to appreciate that huge pop.

The Hilton

Caught up with Forbidden Door, and I have to say that going in not really knowing anything about most of the NJPW guys led to some pleasant surprises, as most of the matches were great.

Will Ospreay is incredible, him and OC was my favourite match of the night, he's one I'd love to see on AEW more often.

If they could just introduce a few more of the folks in the run up to the next one it would make a huge difference though.

Ekeke

Caught up with Forbidden Door, and I have to say that going in not really knowing anything about most of the NJPW guys led to some pleasant surprises, as most of the matches were great.

Will Ospreay is incredible, him and OC was my favourite match of the night, he's one I'd love to see on AEW more often.

If they could just introduce a few more of the folks in the run up to the next one it would make a huge difference though.
For sure. As much as the 16k people in attendance made huge noise for all the NJPW guys, there are sure to be so many people sitting at home who dont know any of the NJPW guys. Could have done a lot more about that, but next time

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Does Vince get an appearance fee everytime he shows up on Raw/smackdown?

The Hilton

For sure. As much as the 16k people in attendance made huge noise for all the NJPW guys, there are sure to be so many people sitting at home who dont know any of the NJPW guys. Could have done a lot more about that, but next time
Yeah, I get that this was more about the dream matches for some of the more hardcore fans, but even those kind of matches are elevated by putting a storyline around them.

As an aside, we're now seeing one of the benefits of having all the talent that AEW does at the moment, with so many top guys out injured.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Forbidden Door was really good. Would definitely welcome an annual show like this. Loved the 6-man opener, the Pac 4-way, Cassidy v Ospreay, Castagnoli v ZSJ and Moxley v Tanahashi.

Fine with the Jay White finish, even if it wasn’t planned, as a wrestler should take advantage of a hurt opponent. Keeps the element of surprise in matches longer term too.

Anyone PM me a reliable river? I find the ones on the most common site go off every 20 minutes which is obviously fantastic and I'd like to report the more stable ones.
Honestly, I used to download and stream AEW on the backchannels, but the subscription and PPVs on FITE TV are worth every penny. Would never bother being cheap at these prices now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Echoing everyone else but yeah Forbidden Door was really good - So glad that Cesaro is in AEW, I can see him being one of the best booked ex-WWE guys they've brought in.

My one (minor) gripe is the blood in the main event - was it really neccesary? Especially when you've got Blood and Guts on Wednesday - feel like you don't want to get into a mode where every big match needs colour.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Echoing everyone else but yeah Forbidden Door was really good - So glad that Cesaro is in AEW, I can see him being one of the best booked ex-WWE guys they've brought in.

My one (minor) gripe is the blood in the main event - was it really neccesary? Especially when you've got Blood and Guts on Wednesday - feel like you don't want to get into a mode where every big match needs colour.
Agree with not enjoying too much blood, but I thought this match really benefitted from it.

Ludens the Red

:lol: How are you comparing these?
The Vince ones are mostly in ring/post match embraces with peoples he’s known and seem natural. Tony Khans are from press conferences? Where he’s awkwardly hugging people who look like they don’t particularly want to hug him back.

Ekeke

:lol: How are you comparing these?
The Vince ones are mostly in ring/post match embraces with peoples he’s known and seem natural. Tony Khans are from press conferences? Where he’s awkwardly hugging people who look like they don’t particularly want to hug him back.
These are more creepy, especially in light of his recent stories. But they are just pictures and reading anything into it besides it being a decimal of a second caught on camera would be stupid. Same as pictures with other people.

Sylar

Once you get past the lack of build (which tbf should have been before...) the PPV for Forbidden Door was great.
Think top to bottom it was a great card and awesome matches with a hot hot crowd.
Even the buy-in show matches were decent

Do think Mox matches seem to be too same same in terms of he relies wayy too much on either blood or going out of the ring. And these are just 'normal' matches and not gimmicked matches.
Claudio looked the best he has since maybe since he was on NXT UK Takeover. Looked like a star.

The one good thing as has been mentioned is that the show was amazing despite the build, and especially with many key people missing. You can still have another show next year with adding Punk, Bryan and others who missed out.
Wonder if they look to do another PPV but in Japan next time.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Once you get past the lack of build (which tbf should have been before...) the PPV for Forbidden Door was great.
Think top to bottom it was a great card and awesome matches with a hot hot crowd.
Even the buy-in show matches were decent

Do think Mox matches seem to be too same same in terms of he relies wayy too much on either blood or going out of the ring. And these are just 'normal' matches and not gimmicked matches.
Claudio looked the best he has since maybe since he was on NXT UK Takeover. Looked like a star.

The one good thing as has been mentioned is that the show was amazing despite the build, and especially with many key people missing. You can still have another show next year with adding Punk, Bryan and others who missed out.
Wonder if they look to do another PPV but in Japan next time.
Yeah I think that's a fair criticism. Cody used to do it far too much as well imo. Certainly wasn't needed with Blood & Guts happening in the same week.

Regards your second highlighted point the president of NJPW has already said he'd love to do the next one in Japan.

Re-watched a few of the matches again last night. Really was a great PPV. Genuinely thought Dax was a goner in the tag title match as well so that was superbly worked. Surely they'll end up with the AEW title as well to complete the set.

Oh and I went down a wrestling rabbit hole on Youtube the other day and saw that All Out 2019 was on there for free. Kenny v Pac is great as is the Bucks v Lucha Bros, Jericho v Hangman was better than I remember (damn Hangman works stiff) and I'd never actually seen that cracker barrel match before...

cyberman

These are more creepy, especially in light of his recent stories. But they are just pictures and reading anything into it besides it being a decimal of a second caught on camera would be stupid. Same as pictures with other people.
Rencent stories? You’ve included a picture with his daughter!
Khan is a billionaires son who looks to be stunted emotionally hence the over dramatic hugs. It honestly looks as if he just doesn’t know how to. It’s a funny quirk.

might as well post here, I liked Forbidden Door, thought it’s weird they didn’t continue the main event my as a triple threat and would have felt short changed that they ended it early. Can’t see another show taking place due to the feee fall audience figures and how scalpers couldn’t shift 2 dollar tickets after buying them up when launched. They won’t be falling for that again.
Really should be a mega Dynamite episode next time, would do the product a lot of good

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Rencent stories? You’ve included a picture with his daughter!
Khan is a billionaires son who looks to be stunted emotionally hence the over dramatic hugs. It honestly looks as if he just doesn’t know how to. It’s a funny quirk.

might as well post here, I liked Forbidden Door, thought it’s weird they didn’t continue the main event my as a triple threat and would have felt short changed that they ended it early. Can’t see another show taking place due to the feee fall audience figures and how scalpers couldn’t shift 2 dollar tickets after buying them up when launched. They won’t be falling for that again.
Really should be a mega Dynamite episode next time, would do the product a lot of good
Was it weird? Someone was injured during the match so an audible was called. By most accounts it was supposed to end there anyway with Cole taking the rainmaker and Switchblade pinning him. The only difference is he didn't take the rainmaker which made it look odd in real time. In kayfabe surely it would've been weirder to not pin an obviously injured opponent. Was disappointing for sure but fits in with the character of Jay White as an opportunist heel.

As for your second point, not sure where you're getting your figures from but the buys seem to have exceeded all expectations (>$1million in ticket sales and >$5million on PPV) so not sure why you think it won't happen again, especially with some of the bigger names who were side-lined (Punk, Danielson, Omega to name 3) back on the table.