Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Thread Rules:

#1 Don't be a dick

Spoiler System:
We all love the grappling, but we can't all watch it at the same times. As such I propose the following.

All televised grappling shall follow the rules of the Entertainment Forum. This rule also applies to all shows televised via web services (NJPW, NXT specials)

Shows which go to on demand type services (PROGRESS, RevPro) should be spoilered until they are available via their respective on demand service, maybe with an extra day.

All rumours/dirtsheet stuff should be in spoilers. This includes "X is in Y for RAW tonight" type shit. Just use good judgment here people.

If you aren't sure then just spoiler it with a title.

Last edited:

championo

Top Stalker
See I don't know about you, but Wrestling will never go out of style. It just lacked some good characters and this guy was born for it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Wrestling is for children.

Just saying like....

prateik

I loved him and austin, but then i was about 11 that time
It'll never be the same again

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
:lol::lol:

WWF was cool back in the attitude era with Austin, Rock, DX etc.
That's when it started to go shit for me.

The good old days were back in the days of the original undertaker, hulk hogan, bret hart, ultimate warrior, bush wackers, doom, texas tornado, jake the snake, macho man et al.

Cold_Boy

See I don't know about you, but Wrestling will never go out of style. It just lacked some good characters and this guy was born for it.
I absolutely love the ROCK.

One of the main reasons I ever watched WWE!

Stookie

Nurse bell end
well if you like watching grown men wrestling around in their undies then I suppose this is the show for you

MUFCgal

It's not the same for me, but having this guy back is just amazing. He was one of the main reasons I watched it back in the day. I still do tune in from time to time and I normally go to their shows here, they do put on a good show.

It just hasn't been as good, but The Rock being at Wrestlemania will certainly make it a whole lot better and I completely loved it when he tore into John Cena.

The Undertaker is still the man though.

championo

Top Stalker
That's when it started to go shit for me.

The good old days were back in the days of the original undertaker, hulk hogan, bret hart, ultimate warrior, bush wackers, doom, texas tornado, jake the snake, macho man et al.
I remember Mankind burning the Undertaker and I went to sleep very sad, then the next day I got a picture in the papers and Undertakers hand was punching through the dirt and he was alive again. Damn, that was good stuff. I loved the Old Undertaker, ever since they made him into this biker boy stuff, the whole thing has gone shit.

but wrestling is for real. Make no mistake. Did you see the hypnosis move some guy put on the tag team a few threads ago? you did not believe then?

Ekeke

Could be the key to kicking the PG rating's ass... Named Cena.

Two great things could happen from this

1) Cena could turn heel finally and stop being so annoying
2) No more PG, back to the attitude era of anything goes

Unfortunately it may be neither. But even though it was widely speculated to be him, it was a great promo

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I remember Mankind burning the Undertaker and I went to sleep very sad, then the next day I got a picture in the papers and Undertakers hand was punching through the dirt and he was alive again. Damn, that was good stuff. I loved the Old Undertaker, ever since they made him into this biker boy stuff, the whole thing has gone shit.

but wrestling is for real. Make no mistake. Did you see the hypnosis move some guy put on the tag team a few threads ago? you did not believe then?
You know he died again right?

Member 5225

omg The Rock is back?! woohooo - is this a temp thing or will he wrestle again and be a major character again

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Probably the loudest pop from the crowd in a long time. The thing about The Rock that makes him the perfect Wrestlemania host is that he doesn't have to wrestle a single match or even touch another wrestler to send the crowd home happy. All he needs is a mic and he's instantly the most entertaining superstar in the company.

MUFCgal

Probably the loudest pop from the crowd in a long time. The thing about The Rock that makes him the perfect Wrestlemania host is that he doesn't have to wrestle a single match or even touch another wrestler to send the crowd home happy. All he needs is a mic and he's instantly the most entertaining superstar in the company.
He needs to pop Cena one, that would make me happy.

Cena legitimately had a go at Rock a few years back from what I can remember.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I hope Cena gets his ass whooped by The Rock. Its pretty clear who the crowd want. Cena is no match for The Rock.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Could be the key to kicking the PG rating's ass... Named Cena.

Two great things could happen from this

1) Cena could turn heel finally and stop being so annoying
2) No more PG, back to the attitude era of anything goes

Unfortunately it may be neither. But even though it was widely speculated to be him, it was a great promo
Hold on, isn't what Cena does/says scripted? If so, if they wanted him to stop being annoying, can't they just change the storylines he gets?

Again, isn't Cena simply acting out the persona currently assigned to him by whoever's the head of the screenplay at the WWE?

I hope Cena gets his ass whooped by The Rock. Its pretty clear who the crowd want. Cena is no match for The Rock.
Aren't the matches and outcomes pre-arranged? I.e. if the writers felt that the crowd wanted the rock to win, surely they'd just script the match that way? It's not an actual fight testing whose the best is it?

jveezy

Fo' shizzle

I don't know about that. I think it was overblown. Everything he said came from a desire to see The Rock return. It was mostly just stuff on a "If you care about us as much as you say you do, then please show your face around here a little bit more often." A legitimate concern that was probably poorly expressed by a man who has become a poster child for one of the lamest eras in the history of the business (which is more Creative's fault than his), so of course he's going to get some heat for it, but it's hardly as bad as people make out. The Rock essentially did go Hollywood on the business, which I think most people didn't mind too much, but considering he's been close to nonexistent in the wrestling community in the past few years and looked to have been slowly phasing out his Rock wrestling persona and moving more and more towards Dwayne Johnson, Hollywood superstar, I can understand people's frustrations, especially when none of the talent on the WWE roster really came close to matching his charisma.

I actually doubt there's any legitimate animosity between the two. It's just the obvious storyline direction to go in and the easiest way to create some buzz, especially considering the timing. Within the last couple months they've fired one of the leaders pushing the PG angle, brought back Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Stone Cold (even if only as personalities instead of wrestlers), hired Awesome Kong, and heavily pushed towards hiring Sting. On top of that HHH and Undertaker are coming back, and all this is happening during the buildup to the most important pay per view of the year. It's actually a very smart business move by the WWE to start playing up this Attitude Era nostalgia vs PG era angle and really it's the only way to put over the younger talent long-term, since the old ones can't hang around forever.

kietotheworld

Hold on, isn't what Cena does/says scripted? If so, if they wanted him to stop being annoying, can't they just change the storylines he gets?

Again, isn't Cena simply acting out the persona currently assigned to him by whoever's the head of the screenplay at the WWE?

Aren't the matches and outcomes pre-arranged? I.e. if the writers felt that the crowd wanted the rock to win, surely they'd just script the match that way? It's not an actual fight testing whose the best is it?
I think when people talk about Cena they are talking about the character rather than the man himself. As for the comment about the Rock, I think that was talking about the popularity of the two characters.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle

When actual adults are talking about wrestling it's usually done with the implication that "these are the storylines we want to see play out" instead of "we hope this person whips this other person's ass" even though the words usually take the latter form.

Ekeke

No none of it works like that.

Most of what they say, they come up with themselves and plenty of it is reactionary to the crowd and other factors that arent set in stone like other people messing up.

Also its annoying, but it works for the kiddies which is what the WWE has been working on while Linda McMahon ran for U.S senator. The WWE worked hard to achieve a PG rating and Cena was the biggest factor in that because of his popularity with the youngsters. McMahon failed, perhaps now the WWE will be moving away from PG. Another thing is that months ago Dwayne Johnson said he didnt want to come back to a PG WWE, he would only come back if things were how they were when he was there and he was free to curse and say whatever he wants. Well he's back and the sensor was working overtime in that video.

No, the crowd will always want the good guy to win and the bad guy to lose. If that were the case the bad guys would never get anywhere, or achieve anything and the good guys defeating them wouldnt mean anything. So obviously thats not how it works either. The ones who win and progress are the ones who perform well in the ring or get a big reaction from the crowd - good or bad. If the crowd would really hate to see someone win, theres as much chance of it happening as if they really want to see someone win.

In a way it is the WWE deciding who is best yeah, but not in a proper fight. Instead its whoever is best at selling tickets to pay per views and getting tv ratings.

MUFCgal

I don't know about that. I think it was overblown. Everything he said came from a desire to see The Rock return. It was mostly just stuff on a "If you care about us as much as you say you do, then please show your face around here a little bit more often." A legitimate concern that was probably poorly expressed by a man who has become a poster child for one of the lamest eras in the history of the business (which is more Creative's fault than his), so of course he's going to get some heat for it, but it's hardly as bad as people make out. The Rock essentially did go Hollywood on the business, which I think most people didn't mind too much, but considering he's been close to nonexistent in the wrestling community in the past few years and looked to have been slowly phasing out his Rock wrestling persona and moving more and more towards Dwayne Johnson, Hollywood superstar, I can understand people's frustrations, especially when none of the talent on the WWE roster really came close to matching his charisma.

I actually doubt there's any legitimate animosity between the two. It's just the obvious storyline direction to go in and the easiest way to create some buzz, especially considering the timing. Within the last couple months they've fired one of the leaders pushing the PG angle, brought back Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Stone Cold (even if only as personalities instead of wrestlers), hired Awesome Kong, and heavily pushed towards hiring Sting. On top of that HHH and Undertaker are coming back, and all this is happening during the buildup to the most important pay per view of the year. It's actually a very smart business move by the WWE to start playing up this Attitude Era nostalgia vs PG era angle and really it's the only way to put over the younger talent long-term, since the old ones can't hang around forever.
Don't get me wrong, Cena has been sound anytime I've met him but I just thought it was in poor taste to have a cheap shot at The Rock. At the end of the day, The Rock felt he had achieved everything he could in the wrestling world and he had a dream of trying it out in Hollywood, so that's what he chose to do. I don't begrudge him for it, because he's never fully turned his back on the WWE. Sure he hasn't made much appearances in the last several years, but he always talks about the WWE and he never tries to hide his wrestling background, he knows it's made him what he is.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm amazed that anyone would openly admit to watching, much less enjoying, the pantomime that is WWE.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Also its annoying, but it works for the kiddies which is what the WWE has been working on while Linda McMahon ran for U.S senator. The WWE worked hard to achieve a PG rating and Cena was the biggest factor in that because of his popularity with the youngsters. McMahon failed, perhaps now the WWE will be moving away from PG. Another thing is that months ago Dwayne Johnson said he didnt want to come back to a PG WWE, he would only come back if things were how they were when he was there and he was free to curse and say whatever he wants. Well he's back and the sensor was working overtime in that video.
It wasn't censored in the US on the usa network. Well I think the first thing that could possibly be considered an expletive was but after that they just let it go.