The purpose of keeping Darmian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

I just got a notification of a new reply to this thread. Thanks RedCafé, it's only about 18 months too late. haha
That notification was probably because I posted saying we’d finally sold him. Before I realised he wasn’t even ours anymore, so I deleted! :lol: For some reason I assumed we had him out on loan and had just agreed to sell him to Inter.

stevoc

True. Somehow Darmian was actually better at both defending and attacking than AWB. Shocking purchase.

I wonder if Conte wants AWB? I know they got Hakimi for only 75% of what AWB cost, but he likes a rotation.
Darmian attack?:lol:

Wan Bissaka isn’t exactly Cafu but at least he tries to get forward.

Darmian rarely passed the half way line most matches. Which would be fair enough if he was solid at defending but he was awful at that too.

ti vu

awb would be absolutely unreal in italy, might go down as a hall of fame defender
That's not true. Italian teams require tactical nous, and discipline from their full back, especially teams that use full back as outlet for attack, and width. AWB is great at man marking, but that's it. He would just be a situational fullback at those top Italian clubs.

I can't remember Darmian ever made a mistake with offside trap playing for us. He may not have the physicality for PL, and very top level, but tactically, there is a reason Darmian had been sought after by those Italian clubs to be used as squad player all this while. Now joining Conte at Inter.

RashyForPM

True. Somehow Darmian was actually better at both defending and attacking than AWB. Shocking purchase.

I wonder if Conte wants AWB? I know they got Hakimi for only 75% of what AWB cost, but he likes a rotation.
How? AWB is clearly better at defending at while has major improvements to reach in his attacking, already has 4 PL assists for us. Did Darmian even get 4 PL assists in his 4 seasons here? Genuinely unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.