The Red Card was regrettable but..

TheReligion

Abusive
...that passion!

I haven't seen it since the days of SAF, where players were like a pack of wolves all fighting for one another. We have been so passive over the years but you can really see a passionate unity return. ETH is absolutely nailing it.
It doesn’t feel like we get bullied anymore does it?

Characters like Martinez and Casemiro have helped but the likes of Malacia and Antony are both feisty and don’t back down.

The profile EtH targeted is clear in terms of mentality.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still remember Ruud getting swarmed by Keown etc and only skinny Ronaldo who was here for 10 minutes came to help him.
Ruud didn’t last must longer, I wonder if it was in between the three transfer requests he made to get out of here. Certainly felt his teammates left him out to dry on that one
Always wonder why Keane wasn't in the thick of that one.

Probably a good thing he'd turned his back and not noticed it, as the actual jumping up and around RVN only lasted seconds.

RedCurry

I don’t find it regrettable to be honest. You have to stand up for your teammates and if the ref is being an outright tit then so be it. We’re not winning the league this season, we’re meant to be laying a marker for future seasons. I would rather see this team develop into a team that looks after each other and other teams to be well aware of it.

mu4c_20le

Always wonder why Keane wasn't in the thick of that one.

Probably a good thing he'd turned his back and not noticed it, as the actual jumping up and around RVN only lasted seconds.
Everyone was walking off the pitch. Had he done it right after the missed penalty there would've been pandemonium.

I still remember that moment though, it was surreal. They set on him like a pack of wolves and he looked genuinely shocked.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That one. That's the one. I couldn't believe our guys just let that happen. After that it was always pretty hard for me to personally take anyone's hardman credentials seriously. They just let Arsenal players do that to Ruud.
They were too busy waiting for the pizza to arrive

klayton88

What's the likelihood of it being overturned? Do we have a strong case? Can't recall the last time anything went in our favour like that.

RedCurry

Why not? Arsenal and City are dropping points.
We’re short in attacking prowess and will drop point due to not getting enough goals. 8 points behind Arsenal with an extra game played. It’s unrealistic that’s all.

AlPistacho

I still remember Ruud getting swarmed by Keown etc and only skinny Ronaldo who was here for 10 minutes came to help him.
Ruud didn’t last must longer, I wonder if it was in between the three transfer requests he made to get out of here. Certainly felt his teammates left him out to dry on that one
That was a strange one. I remember thinking it was odd.

Big Andy

Bloke
Gutted he'll miss a few games, but nice to see the cumhead little cnut shit himself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's the likelihood of it being overturned? Do we have a strong case? Can't recall the last time anything went in our favour like that.
I'd like to think with " new evidence " we have a decent case. They can save face by saying they didn't have that view available and can admit with that they would have made a different decision.

Knowing the FA though they'll want to use us as a "no tolerance" stance on violent conduct.

predator

Youth NITK
This team is so likeable. And you just know most teams won't fancy themselves against us which hasn't been the case over the past few years.

Big Andy

Bloke
I'd like to think with " new evidence " we have a decent case. They can save face by saying they didn't have that view available and can admit with that they would have made a different decision.

Knowing the FA though they'll want to use us as a "no tolerance" stance on violent conduct.
Then add on a match for a frivolous appeal and he'll miss the Carabao Cup Final.

Adam-Utd

Then add on a match for a frivolous appeal and he'll miss the Carabao Cup Final.
I don't think that's possible anymore - and it definitely isn't frivolous but very much warranted.

Adam-Utd

But if we appeal wouldn't the ban be suspended until after the appeal? That would probably move it to impact the final.
I think the rules changed. The appeal would have to be made before Leeds + a decision quickly.

they dont add a game on anymore like it used to be, i'm pretty sure that changed.

ole@thewheel

Have you seen how steep the drop off from the pitch is? Antony used a lovely touch/flick to pass the ball and got brutalised. The anger was justified. I would have been angry if that happened and our players didn’t react and took the opportunity for water break.
Doesn't matter.
Palace purposfully picked Antony to do what they did. It was their 'hail mary' play to get back on the game, and Antony was the obvious dummy on our team that is gullable enough to do something as stupid as getting sent out. Casemiro was just an unfortunate casualty on that situation.

Its all good and chivalrous that our team reacts as an unit to a teamate in distress, but we should learn to do that tactfully.

We fall too often on those type of tricks and opposition teams know that. Its a weakness we should improve on.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If Palace were going to do as you suggest then the obvious target would have been on the other side of the pitch

wolvored

No doubt it was stupid, but a lot of what Keano and Cantona did over the years was equally daft. There is a fire and unity in this squad and its the type of passion that wins you trophies.
Not if we keep getting red cards for off the pitch incidents we wont. Keep the passion for on the firld football.

RedStarUnited

It was stupid, we are 2-0 up and didnt need the hussle. It was in Palace interest to get someone sent off and make the game easier for them.

BebeGotBack

I guarantee you, neither Licha, Case, Antony, Garnacho or Fred would let that happen.
Glad someone else has spotted it with Fred - he's not the greatest player, but he's been the closest we've had to a bit of backbone for ages now. Always remember him before Rash's penalty in Paris, everything's set and a couple of PSG players start wandering into the box - and then there's Fred, streaking in like a cheat-seeking missile, right in their faces and keeping them away from the spot, the taker, and whatever else they were planning to mess with.

Agree with what people are saying here - the heart on Saturday was pretty great. Bruno on his knees at the final whistle, Licha and Shaw taking most of a lap to applaud the fans, Fred throwing himself all over. Was down the other end but in the last 20 it looked like Varane was pretty fired up as well.

Lj82

I remember giggsy getting involved as well.
Out of topic but the sight of Ronnie standing up for Ruud left a lasting impression on me about the fight in him as a young player.

the gafferjs

McTominay nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough, of course :mad:

this white text should be unnecessary but it isnt because some of ye are massive gowls
Hard to know what context you are using here...he will be in squad this week I reckon

poleglass red

Was Zlatan on the pitch when Herrera was carried off that day? I can’t remember. He’s probably the only one in that squad during those times whom would have intervened the situation and reacted in some way against Mark fecking Noble

It’s definitely nice to see teammates giving a shite and backing up one another again
No Zlatan in that game, We had players who were deemed aggressive such as Rojo and Fellani that day, but they did nothing.