The RedCafe Boxing Thread

SambaBoy

Garcia weighed in 3 pounds overweight. Paid Haney $500,000 for each pound overweight apparently.

Not really sure why this fight is going ahead with what's been happening with Garcia - unless it's all an act.

LDUred

Garcia just looked bigger and stronger in there. Faster hands, especially with the left.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Wow, as if Garcia pissed about, faced all the drink and drug allegations in the lead up, had people calling him and clown and a waster….then went out and won. Not great for Haneys rep

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Thanks a lot Devin. Literally the worst thing that could happen in boxing this clown winning and being legitimized.

How anybody could have rooted for Garcia is beyond me. This dude has zero respect for the game.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Thanks a lot Devin. Literally the worst thing that could happen in boxing this clown winning and being legitimized.

How anybody could have rooted for Garcia is beyond me. This dude has zero respect for the game.
Guy clowns around during the whole lead up while a p4p fighter like Haney trained his ass off and still floors him three times. Can’t say anything. Too good.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)

He legitimised himself by winning. Having respect for the game is being ready when that bell rings and not selling yourself and the fans short, which he came through.

Garcia acts like a clown but there’s nothing about him that’s suggests he’s a bad person and I’d much rather that than these boring ass robots pretending to be nice guys.

lsd

The Oracle
112-112 is why many can't take the sport seriously.

Garcia clearly deserved the decision because of the knock-downs but other than Haney outboxed him and won most of the rounds.

Bar the knock-downs Haney world have won by five or six rounds it was a strange fight.

Glad Garcia won though he is a lot better to watch

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah the 115-109 card was actually more outrageous than the 112-112 card. There is always a chance for peds but you have to remember the Garcia that fought against Davis was at 135 with a rehydration clause. This was at 140 which he didn't even make with no clause.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He legitimised himself by winning. Having respect for the game is being ready when that bell rings and not selling yourself and the fans short, which he came through.

Garcia acts like a clown but there’s nothing about him that’s suggests he’s a bad person and I’d much rather that than these boring ass robots pretending to be nice guys.
He didn't even try to make weight, dude literally stuck a giant middle-finger in everyone's face rather than owning it. Must be nice when you have the privilege of paying for an obvious advantage and then saying feck you to everybody rather than take accountability. That is the epitome of disrespect, the guy is an absolute weapon.

Hoof the ball

Guy clowns around during the whole lead up while a p4p fighter like Haney trained his ass off and still floors him three times. Can’t say anything. Too good.
I mean, Ali showed up at Sonny Liston's house after midnight and trashed talked him in the lead up to their fight. Let's not pretend that shit housing didn't happen with the very best in his sport.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I mean, Ali showed up at Sonny Liston's house after midnight and trashed talked him in the lead up to their fight. Let's not pretend that shit housing didn't happen with the very best in his sport.
I don’t understand your reply in regards to my post. I meant to illustrate Garcia was smoking, drinking and tweaking as preparation while Haney trained his ass off. And still he got destroyed. Respect to Garcia’s ability.

SambaBoy

Thought the ref was really poor for the fight. Haney should have been deducted a point for excessive clinching. You can tell he never really expected that beatdown and he couldn't handle Garcia's power.

It would be good to see the fight again - where both make weight. Garcia's power was obviously the difference in the fight but you could see that Haney was the more classier, smoother fighter and if he can keep Garcia at arm's length and avoid the left hook - he'd win the rematch.

Garcia has a lot of options now however - he's got the rematch, he called out a few people after the fight such as Fundora/Boots/Shakur and he's got the potential rematch against Tank which I'll think he'll avoid.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

I think it’s ambitious, I doubt any other side in the history of the league has finished 6th whilst conceding 20 shots a game.
It’d be like a boxer deciding to go into a title fight and go 12 rounds with his defence being well, just his hands by his sides.

I had to share that one with you.