The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

I question how hard Fury trained coming in that heavy. Those rumors of a poor camp are probably true. Add that to the cut which surely can’t be fully ready and he’s in a bit of trouble. He’s still so much better but I honestly don’t think he’s prepared properly probably thinking “oh well I have a re-match clause I’ll get in shape later”.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Doesn’t sound good for Fury really. Everything coming out of the camp seems negative which is a worry. There so much press around him right now and he’s got that documentary out with his family and they’ve all been doing the UK circuit - This Morning, GMB etc. which just feels like it is setting it all up to fall.

DFreshKing

Evening guys has there been confirmation on the time for the fight yet (UK) I thinking of an early wake up for this getting a tad excited.....

Surprised Fury has come in so heavy but judging from the family comments on the old trainer and replacing him it was obvious they want Tyson heavier.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Evening guys has there been confirmation on the time for the fight yet (UK) I thinking of an early wake up for this getting a tad excited.....

Surprised Fury has come in so heavy but judging from the family comments on the old trainer and replacing him it was obvious they want Tyson heavier.
5am I think.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
PPV prices for boxing are just ridiculous. I really feel they price a lot of casual viewers out of the market. It’s $75 to watch Fury vs Wilder. $75!!!! You really have to get a few people together and plan for it. If I was just sitting at home tonight and flicked through and thought I capriciously order it, $75 would completely discourage me. Imagine someone gets knocked out in the first round, you’d be livid.

I really want to watch the fight, mainly out of some morbid curiosity, but the prices just annoy me. I mean, come on....this isn’t Ali - Foreman.....it’s fecking Fury vs Wilder. In the historical context of heavyweight boxing, a couple of second or third tier fighters.

Classical Mechanic

PPV prices for boxing are just ridiculous. I really feel they price a lot of casual viewers out of the market. It’s $75 to watch Fury vs Wilder. $75!!!! You really have to get a few people together and plan for it. If I was just sitting at home tonight and flicked through and thought I capriciously order it, $75 would completely discourage me. Imagine someone gets knocked out in the first round, you’d be livid.

I really want to watch the fight, mainly out of some morbid curiosity, but the prices just annoy me. I mean, come on....this isn’t Ali - Foreman.....it’s fecking Fury vs Wilder. In the historical context of heavyweight boxing, a couple of second or third tier fighters.
£25 in the UK which is about the maximum I’d want to pay, especially given Fury is likely to stink the place out to a points win.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
£25 in the UK which is about the maximum I’d want to pay, especially given Fury is likely to stink the place out to a points win.
That’s less than half the price. Ridiculous pricing here. Fox and ESPN vastly overestimating the appeal of Wilder to American audiences, who barely know who he is.

DVG7

It’s harder to not find a good river, if you don’t want to pay for the fight.

wilder KO round 4

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
12 rounds is a long time for a bigger Fury not to get hit. I just can’t see it.

KO or cut stoppage in the 9th or 10th.

Utdstar01

Hoping Fury gets the job done. Seems like the added weight is mostly muscle. Still looks pretty lean to me.

ShinjiNinja26

Hoping for a Fury win, has the much superior boxing ability but it’s just whether he can avoid the absolute bomb that is Wilders right hand for 12 rounds, hard ask but if anyone can do it it’s Tyson.

marktan

Can't be fecked staying up till 5am for this, anyone got any spoilers on who wins?

Castia

Hope Fury wins but he’s been pissing about in previous months I’m not sure how ready he is for this fight.

He was getting a payday with WWE wrestling not long ago in Saudi Arabia.

Luke1995

I just learned that the fight won't be broadcasted in my country. So angry! Enjoy it guys

Xeno

It’s harder to not find a good river, if you don’t want to pay for the fight.

wilder KO round 4
I’ve have a few warnings so won’t post a stream :wenger:

Reddit is the best place for anything like this though, not sure how they avoid the legal action that scares the mods here?

Really though a £4 a month IPTV subscription stops any drama pre-event as literally everything is on.

The top shelf (quasi-legal) choice is a legit BeIN subscription over VPN, which is amazing - might die soon given current Middle East media situation.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’ve have a few warnings so won’t post a stream :wenger:

Reddit is the best place for anything like this though, not sure how they avoid the legal action that scares the mods here?

Really though a £4 a month IPTV subscription stops any drama pre-event as literally everything is on.

The top shelf (quasi-legal) choice is a legit BeIN subscription over VPN, which is amazing - might die soon given current Middle East media situation.
Few questions for you -

How do you get it?
How much is it?
What does it have?

Xeno

feck BT and Sky at £120 a month and not all games.
Few questions for you -

How do you get it?
How much is it?
What does it have?
Wrote a big reply but it got deleted because I wrote the short form of ‘though’, which is definitely something that needs moderating

Google for guides.
All football. ALL.
$25 a month plus VPN.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
feck BT and Sky at £120 a month and not all games.

Wrote a big reply but it got deleted because I wrote the short form of ‘though’, which is definitely something that needs moderating
The text speak rule...I used to have a lot of sympathy for it. :mad:

I you feel like typing out a big reply again, with loads of 'text speak', just pm me. I'd really appreciate it. :D

Google for guides.
All football. ALL.
$25 a month plus VPN.
Cheers. Are the UFC pay per views on it?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Fury's a cnut. Is there any reason I should also hate Wilder?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Im no Fury fan but i had really hoped he would beat Wilder tonight, who I just can’t stand. Initially I thought he would get the job done, but all the stuff I am hearing about his preparation not being serious, has me worried.

Imagine if Wilder beats Fury and Joshua and unites the belts. The worst heavyweight ever to do so? He’s a terrible boxer but just has that thunderbolt of a right, meaning he can knock anyone out with one punch. He can struggle a whole fight and then land a good one and it’s over. He’s been outboxed by the 40+ year old Ortiz twice, and would’ve lost on points, until he landed one punch.

Some people obviously respect that power, but I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to boxing. To me he’s like a Honda Civic that’s been tuned to 500hp. Yeah it might beat an Aston in 0-60, but it’s still a shitty civic. Meh.

Have a feeling he’ll do it today.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Fury's a cnut. Is there any reason I should also hate Wilder?
He’s regularly talked about killing his opponents. How’s that? He’s an idiot. Try these quotes:

“This is the only sport where you can kill a man and get paid for it at the same time.

“It’s legal, so why not use my right to do so?”

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He’s regularly talked about killing his opponents. How’s that? He’s an idiot. Try these quotes:

“This is the only sport where you can kill a man and get paid for it at the same time.

“It’s legal, so why not use my right to do so?”
That's just him being silly. Tyson hates women and gays. I'm gonna need a lot worse than that...

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That's just him being silly. Tyson hates women and gays. I'm gonna need a lot worse than that...
He has also been given the opportunity too walk those comments back, instead he doubled down and said he wanted a body on his record.

They are both cnuts and I am only watching too see if there is a way they can both lose.