The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Irrational.

Utter, utter farce. Fair play to them both for conning the public out of money though. Whoever paid for this shite deserves to be conned.

Glorio

I've seen Jake has been exchanging words with Canelo. If that turns into a fight then that will be the end of it for sure.
For it to be an exchange, surely Canelo needs to respond? Or maybe he's responded and I missed it?
Canelo has been very dismissive of those boys and warned that this nonsense should stop before someone gets killed. He's unlikely to engage and rightly so. Personally though it is a bit of a shame.
I wish one of them convinces themselves that they can get in with Canelo or GGG even. I'd 100% watch that brutal decimation

bsCallout

No one can convince me that had any positive effect on boxing or the image of it.

Glorio

No one can convince me that had any positive effect on boxing or the image of it.
100% with you on that. I also hoped that common sense would prevail and that folks would ignore the fight - wishful thinking on my part

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I still have absolutely no idea, whatsoever, why people would pay to watch this. Beyond fecking pathetic.
We live in times when kids donate money to millionaires for sitting at home and playing Fortnite.

Nah it's a nightmare scenario for boxing really I think.

Mayweather is regarded as one of the best ever (certainly of his generation) and even at that age couldn't stop a beginner fighter....
Mayweather was never going to hurt him was he? You realise how much worse it would have been for boxing if Mayweather seriously hurt the gimp?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
There would be a serious enquiry into how the moderating bodies in boxing allowed this to happen.

Question; Canelo and GGG, who is better? I don't watch too much boxing but saw their two fights.

Just looking at the records you would say Canelo there but I swear GGG seemed to have been robbed?

Deery

Dreary
There would be a serious enquiry into how the moderating bodies in boxing allowed this to happen.

Question; Canelo and GGG, who is better? I don't watch too much boxing but saw their two fights.

Just looking at the records you would say Canelo there but I swear GGG seemed to have been robbed?
Gennady was the better fighter over both fights and I had him winning both, but if they fought now I would fear that Canelo would win quite comfortably for whatever reasons, age, drugs, judges, etc.

UncleBob

It's an exhibition fight, it is what it is.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Gennady was the better fighter over both fights and I had him winning both, but if they fought now I would fear that Canelo would win quite comfortably for whatever reasons, age, drugs, judges, etc.
I think exactly the same. I swear that first fight felt completely fixed.

It's an exhibition fight, it is what it is.
Yeah but surely there's some regulation still for insurance at the minimum? I doubt me and Canelo can argue on Twitter and suddenly be in a sanctioned boxing exhibition :lol:

Oggmonster

Mayweather was never going to hurt him was he? You realise how much worse it would have been for boxing if Mayweather seriously hurt the gimp?
I don't think he'd go in to seriously hurt him in an exhibition. I'd imagine people would of expected a bit more though. From what I've read literally nothing happened. More fool people for paying for it I suppose.

Mayweather is the master of making money out of daft shit though. I reckon he'll do something like this again and people would pay for it! He'll fight the other brother next with the build up based around the theft of the hat.

Red00012

These fights are as fake as WWF, the script was to go the full rounds and don’t hurt Logan . How people pay for this rubbish is beyond me. Greed wins

Oggmonster

I think exactly the same. I swear that first fight felt completely fixed.

Yeah but surely there's some regulation still for insurance at the minimum? I doubt me and Canelo can argue on Twitter and suddenly be in a sanctioned boxing exhibition :lol:

Only one way to find out...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Let me get this straight: Mayweather dominated the entire match, connected a few decent punches and won on points. Logan "managed" to "survive" all rounds, which is a victory to him.

So neither Mayweather nor Logan really lost, and they both earned a feckton of money? Yeah, I can understand why people are pissed :p
There were no judges, so no "points" and no winner or loser. Put me in the same boat as the "why the feck would anyone pay for this" lot.

Glorio

It was always an exhibition to be fair, however the two actors, Sky Sports, and other outlets who stood to gain from this did their best to try and make it seem more serious that it was

Bwuk

Looked knocked out to me.
Likewise.

I don't get the out roar tbh. It's brought more eyes to the sport. Fair play to them for making the money, I would wager that most fighters would love to fight one of the Pauls.

Isn't Jake Paul vs Askren in the top 10 most bought fights ever?

lsd

The Oracle
I dont get people mocking anyone for paying to watch this when the same people will turn round and pay more to watch Joshua fighting blown up light heavyweights and no hopers over and over.

Its boxing most people know what they are going to get

OleBoiii

I dont get people mocking anyone for paying to watch this
As someone who doesn't watch boxing regularly, I just find the idea of a sporting event where it's obvious that the whole thing is staged(no one actually trying to win) to be utterly pointless. On top of this: aren't both Logan and Mayweather proven cnuts? Well, both cnuts are laughing all the way to the bank now.

mancan92

I can't believe people genuinely watched the fight. This thing was setup it was never going to be a proper fight its just about making money and keeping logan Paul relevant.

bsCallout

I dont get people mocking anyone for paying to watch this when the same people will turn round and pay more to watch Joshua fighting blown up light heavyweights and no hopers over and over.

Its boxing most people know what they are going to get
That's a joke right? Everyone Joshua fights is a seasoned pro with extensive amateur pedigree. Skilled fighters fighting the best.

Not some YouTube kid who cant box against an old man who is there just to take it the 8 rounds for the exhibition that it is. To make it worse it was horribly boring.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
People can watch whatever they want, it's their money. Spend it on One Direction, Transformers, Logan v Mayweather... Whatever.

I would personally not like to fund these cnuts but that's just me.