The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Abraxas

Think Parker is struggling with the additional weight now.

Threw some heavy shots and now looks noticeably slower. Chisora miles behind though so needs something special.

LDUred

Amazing heart from Chisora. Did Parker give Chisora time there to recover?

Abraxas

Can't believe Chisora fiddled his way through that to be honest. Looked like one to go out on to be honest, he's had some tough nights, what's the point in dropping back down again.

LDUred

Yeah, I like both of them but Derek took a lot of punishment there. He can't keep walking onto uppercuts like that and you sense that Parker's lack of killer instinct was what kept it the distance.

Cards seemed very close so as to save Derek's blushes. He won arguably three rounds. Not to say he didn't land anything or hurt Parker, but he was clearly coming off worse.

poleglass red

quality stuff last night from Irish boxer Michael Conlon. Local group are handing out sainsbury vouchers to local struggling families for xmas. They had finished last night as they had been at it all day, but hadn't fully delivered all the vouchers, intending to go back out today to hopefully get them all delivered. Michael heard about it and delivered the remainder himself last night on his own. Always good to look after those where you come from, well done young man.

Inter Yer Nan

quality stuff last night from Irish boxer Michael Conlon. Local group are handing out sainsbury vouchers to local struggling families for xmas. They had finished last night as they had been at it all day, but hadn't fully delivered all the vouchers, intending to go back out today to hopefully get them all delivered. Michael heard about it and delivered the remainder himself last night on his own. Always good to look after those where you come from, well done young man.
Class act. Good on him.

Deery

Dreary
Can’t wait really going to be a great fight, originally went for Williams but now I think Jr could do the business. Feels like I haven’t watched a boxing fight in about a year.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t wait really going to be a great fight, originally went for Williams but now I think Jr could do the business. Feels like I haven’t watched a boxing fight in about a year.
There’s so few decent competitive fights. It drives me mental. Boxers nowadays won’t get in the ring useless they’re at a massive advantage. The sports genuinely in the gutter

Deery

Dreary
There’s so few decent competitive fights. It drives me mental. Boxers nowadays won’t get in the ring useless they’re at a massive advantage. The sports genuinely in the gutter
Rematch clauses too are a major annoyance in the modern game.

G-manc

I'd probably favour Eubank as he appears to have inherited his dad's toughness but i don't think he's anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. He talks like he's some massive puncher but he's really not.

If Williams can get in his face and disrupt him then he has a chance.

Deery

Dreary
Hasn’t been the best card so far, hopefully this fight makes up for it.

Kazi

Can’t stand Eubank

Another joker who has no identity and fails every time he steps up

Deery

Dreary
Didn’t get that last 5 rounds to be honest, why didn’t Eubanks go for the win instead of stupid dancing?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Eubank seemed pretty good, far better than Williams, but not good enough to play the complete tosser he does. Somebody'll spark him and it won't be a sad day.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He's 32 years old. He ain't gonna change his spots now. His athleticism can beat B level fighters but he isn't beating world level opposition.

Abraxas

Wasn't impressed by Eubank.

The knockdowns were nice and he genuinely had Williams in all sorts of problems, but what am I looking at in the other 30 mins of boxing? Mostly running around, no consistent work, random lead right hands and hooks that aren't setup. It's like he's trying to be a heavily discounted Roy Jones with about a fifth of the talent.

Annoying, somebody should have got hold of this guy and taught him some decent stuff years ago. Too late now.