The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wilder came back with a bang. I think I’d prefer him to fight AJ more than anyone else but I don’t think that’ll happen

MUW4Eva

Wilder came back with a bang. I think I’d prefer him to fight AJ more than anyone else but I don’t think that’ll happen
Wilder at the top level is done for, he is an irrelevance after being beaten by Fury.
He shouldn't be near any belts.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wilder at the top level is done for, he is an irrelevance after being beaten by Fury.
He has lost twice, AJ has lost 3 times. He is 'as done' as AJ is. Also Wilder looked better for me against Fury than AJ did against Usyk.

Lay

Wilders punch power is still there. Having a proper KO artist fighting for belts (not that AJ has any) is exciting.

MUW4Eva

He has lost twice, AJ has lost 3 times. He is 'as done' as AJ is. Also Wilder looked better for me against Fury than AJ did against Usyk.
AJ shouldn't be near the belts either, have him face Wilder fine, no issues there, but both have shown that neither are of Championship pedigree.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
AJ shouldn't be near the belts either, have him face Wilder fine, no issues there, but both have shown that neither are of Championship pedigree.
Well that's not true because both have held belts. Both are still top 5 in the division.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Either way, Katie is the best female boxer of all time, what she has done for the shirt, and the impact she has had, dwarfs all of Shields accomplishments.
Dwarfs? What an absolute load of shite. Shields is 2x undisputed in two difference weight classes and unified a third.

Taylor has accomplished great things and yes she's had a bigger impact - largely because she's had the whole Irish nation and the best promoter in the sport behind her - I question whether her pro achievements are better than Shields however, and certainly don't 'dwarf' them.

lsd

The Oracle

So same as Joshua then. Joshua needs to actually make sense attempt at proving himself or he will just be known for running from fights

poleglass red

we know Wilder can hit, knocking out a guy in one round who is coming forward, we didn't learn anything. Wilder's issue is fighters who are elusive as Fury proved. If Wilder has any aspirations on fighting Uysk, that fight did nothing for him. To be honest though he won't fight Uysk, there's a market for seeing heavy weights ko people, his next fight will be another tailor made fighter for him, just someone a little better, probably Ruiz Jr, who he'll ko as well.

Vapor trail

I'd disagree the heavyweight is a smaller division unlike the featherweight - welter. It is far easier to be knocked off and land opportunity through mandatories because of how refined the division is. Fighters can climb the rankings with the independent bodies faster than most other weight classes. That's excluding markets, PPV, gate earning etc. It's a lucrative division.

Lay

If Wilder beats Ruiz Jr, he's more relevant than AJ in current standing.

AJ needs the Fury or Wilder fight.
Yeah, agreed. I don't know where AJ goes from now. Whyte again?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Is Joyce the boogeyman of the division now ? I can't see Fury or Wilder fighting him. AJ would take it as a last resort I'd imagine.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
That Wilder KO was ridiculous. We all knew he could crack obviously, but I've never seen somebody KO'd by a shot like that. He basically had zero leverage on that punch and still sent Helenius straight to Valhalla.

I hate calling 'dive' but I was highly suspect watching it first with no sound. Shite boxer but absolutely inhuman power.

Last edited:

Doracle

So Fury v Chisora. That’s the fight we all wanted right? So frustrating for Tyson to have got hopes up of a Joshua fight when he clearly never had any intention of anything other than an easy pre Xmas payday.

Leg-End

Is it on Fury or not that Joshua didn't happen? We won't ever know of course but Joshua never came across as exactly wanting it to happen.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So Fury v Chisora. That’s the fight we all wanted right? So frustrating for Tyson to have got hopes up of a Joshua fight when he clearly never had any intention of anything other than an easy pre Xmas payday.
Why would Fury not fight AJ? Easy payday, and a big one too. Either AJ/his team didn't fancy another L, or AJ got greedy with his demands.

Dan_F

Boxing is such a joke. What is the point in the different organisations if they allow their World Champion to fight a 38 year who’s lost 3 of the last 4.

JP77

Who else could he realistically fight at this stage when he wants to fight? He tried Joshua and he hasn’t happened. Usyk isn’t ready to fight in December. He’s just beaten Whyte. Joyce just had a fight so he isn’t ready. Who else is there that fans wouldn’t shit all over?

He likely wants to fight before the end of the year and make decent money doing it and then hopefully any of Joshua, Joyce or Usyk happens next summer. At least Chisora is a game opponent even if he is getting on.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm surprised he can motivate himself to get out of bed and go through a training camp to face a guy he's beaten comfortably twice.

Dan_F

Don't think they have announced the mandatory yet which means he can fight who he likes
Fair. It’s only been six months since Fury last defended the titles, I’m sure they’re busy with other stuff.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Heavyweight boxing is a bad joke. I can’t even get excited about it anymore….and that’s from someone who made the effort actually go watch AJ lose the titles to Usyk

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Who else could he realistically fight at this stage when he wants to fight? He tried Joshua and he hasn’t happened. Usyk isn’t ready to fight in December. He’s just beaten Whyte. Joyce just had a fight so he isn’t ready. Who else is there that fans wouldn’t shit all over?

He likely wants to fight before the end of the year and make decent money doing it and then hopefully any of Joshua, Joyce or Usyk happens next summer. At least Chisora is a game opponent even if he is getting on.
Did he? All I saw was a very public show to try and look like he wanted the fight. The whole self-imposed deadline was ridiculous, it was never going to be wrapped up by the date he set and he knew it.

Hrgovic would have been a more interesting fight than Chisora III, so would Bakole. Maybe Ruiz or Joyce would have been ready who knows.

Even if he insists on sticking to this date then Dubois is on the undercard, that would have been a better fight.

JP77

Did he? All I saw was a very public show to try and look like he wanted the fight. The whole self-imposed deadline was ridiculous, it was never going to be wrapped up by the date he set and he knew it.

Hrgovic would have been a more interesting fight than Chisora III, so would Bakole. Maybe Ruiz or Joyce would have been ready who knows.

Even if he insists on sticking to this date then Dubois is on the undercard, that would have been a better fight.
If Fury rocked up and announced Hrgovic or Bakole he would have been shit on, let's be real. Ruiz has just fought Ortiz last month, very doubtful he's wanting to come out of that and fight in December and Joyce will be saved for a big fight for 2023. Never in a million years would Fury/Dubois have been a better fight, it would have been a mauling.

Fury and Chisora have history and Chisora is always game, it'll be a good scrap. Of course we all want to see Fury against Joshua, Usyk or even Joyce. Fury clearly wanted to fight at the start of December and if Joshua or his team really wanted that fight I'm sure it would have happened. Fury has clearly wound Heard up by doing what he's done which in fairness is lovely to see, couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
How much money is there really in a 3rd fight against Chisora. Its going to flop PPV wise in my opinion.
well I wont pay for it anyway - Fury is boring me now.
There has to be some money in it - otherwise zero point in it

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If Fury rocked up and announced Hrgovic or Bakole he would have been shit on, let's be real. Ruiz has just fought Ortiz last month, very doubtful he's wanting to come out of that and fight in December and Joyce will be saved for a big fight for 2023. Never in a million years would Fury/Dubois have been a better fight, it would have been a mauling.

Fury and Chisora have history and Chisora is always game, it'll be a good scrap. Of course we all want to see Fury against Joshua, Usyk or even Joyce. Fury clearly wanted to fight at the start of December and if Joshua or his team really wanted that fight I'm sure it would have happened. Fury has clearly wound Heard up by doing what he's done which in fairness is lovely to see, couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :lol:
Yeah but they'd have been better than this shite.

Why push through with the date if you can't get a decent opponent? End of the day there is a lot that needs to be sorted out contract wise in fights the magnitude of Fury-AJ, they don't get done and dusted and signed in a matter of days, Fury isn't stupid he's been around the game long enough to know this is the case so it was a simple but very obvious power play/PR move on his part.

Relfy

Are they going to sell out the stadium, which is open air, in December for this fight? Surely Millenium Stadium which has a roof, or even a big arena, say the o2 would have been better actual venues? Then they have to try and sell this thing on PPV on top. I can only imagine they'll have told both Tyson and Del Boy that they need to go over and above their usual antics to drum up interest in the fight.

On the whole Tyson / AJ thing, it all seemed a show from the start. Asking AJ to sign within a week (or whatever it was) of receiving a contract was never going to be enough time, which everyone from the fighters to the fans knew. It was just for the Insta vids and call outs to gain some clout and say, 'he ducked me'. I'm not a massive AJ fan and think Tyson would KO him if they do fight, but AJ comes out of this better than Tyson IMO. He can relax a little bit, pick a decent opponent to get back in with, and start his rebuild. If/when they do fight, it needs to be a stadium fight, mid-summer and in UK, so maybe it's all being sorted for the summertime?

Lay

This era of HW had so much potential. Fury v Chisora is such an uninspiring fight.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
looks like no Spence Crawford either
Yeah, disappointing. Unfortunately there probably just isn't the money in it that both sides want.

He's apparently getting a $10m+ guaranteed purse to fight Avanesyan; I'm not sure who's promoting this fight but they're probably going to lose a tonne of money if that's the case.

G-manc

I have no interest in Fury-Chisora 3 but if he is fighting Usyk in March as mooted then i get it as he's only fought once this year.

It's a poor fight but there is a definite lack of options once Joshua didn't get made.

TheReligion

Abusive
Let’s be honest it’s a shit fight with little interest (Fury-Chisora). I assume there’s going to be a hard sell by both fighters in the lead up so expect something controversial to happen to attract interest.