The RedCafe Boxing Thread

G-manc

Let’s be honest it’s a shit fight with little interest (Fury-Chisora). I assume there’s going to be a hard sell by both fighters in the lead up so expect something controversial to happen to attract interest.
I can't see it doing much on PPV but the tickets will shift to the casuals. i reckon there will be 50k+ there.

Vapor trail

Spence Crawford really disappointing.

I think Fury simply is fighting to remain active in anticipation of the Usyk fight 2023. The fight quite clearly was offered to Joshua but the connotations of one of the interviews Hearn sounded like he nor Joshua was really up for it and narrative from Eddie clearly being for Joshua to get a few more wins under his belt before another title bout.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Sounds like Benn is guilty.
Are you assuming this because he relinquished his license? It sounds like the BBBoC have charged him with misconduct for something that isn't just necessarily about the failed VADA test and it's pissed him off and he's decided to give up his license as a symbol of that. Don't think that's an admission of guilt or anything, he and his team seem to be adamant still that he's clean.

hodgey123

Are you assuming this because he relinquished his license? It sounds like the BBBoC have charged him with misconduct for something that isn't just necessarily about the failed VADA test and it's pissed him off and he's decided to give up his license as a symbol of that. Don't think that's an admission of guilt or anything, he and his team seem to be adamant still that he's clean.
Think there was news this evening he had 2 positive tests about a month apart, bit of a coincidence or just the same food/drink he continued to consume obliviously?

Ladron de redcafe

Jake Paul beats Anderson Silva by UD, and knocked him down in the last round. Seems as though Nate Diaz is the next opponent pencilled in.

Red Rash

Jake Paul beats Anderson Silva by UD, and knocked him down in the last round. Seems as though Nate Diaz is the next opponent pencilled in.
Really hoped Anderson would have KOd him but at 47 years old it wouldn't have been fair to expect him to be the same as his MMA days.

Jake Paul really needs to stop fighting retired MMA fighters now and start calling out young and less experienced boxers. At the end of the day he is calling himself a boxer but still hasn't fought against one yet.

Pirlo'sBeard

His fights are blatantly rigged.

Opponents are getting paychecks they've never seen before. Anderson just stopped throwing punches at points. He was piecing him up when he was trying.

Ladron de redcafe

Really hoped Anderson would have KOd him but at 47 years old it wouldn't have been fair to expect him to be the same as his MMA days.

Jake Paul really needs to stop fighting retired MMA fighters now and start calling out young and less experienced boxers. At the end of the day he is calling himself a boxer but still hasn't fought against one yet.
Silva was a shell of himself the last few years in which he competed in the UFC. He was slowing down and the punches that he used to throw with lightening speed were being telegraphed and seen a mile away by his opponents. It's not an entirely shocking thing to see him bested (and knocked down) but it's still sad to see. Jake Paul isn't a gimmick boxer until he starts to fight younger, professional boxers.

A fight with Diaz is just a continuation of what we have seen so far.

JP77

His fights are blatantly rigged.

Opponents are getting paychecks they've never seen before. Anderson just stopped throwing punches at points. He was piecing him up when he was trying.
That's Anderson Silva though. We've seen it throughout his entire MMA career, there was no surprises what so ever from Silva last night. Paul did well to win that fight as he was breathing out of his ass in the 5th and it looked like Silva was controlling the pace.

I'm not sure about the complaint about about him needing to call out young and less experienced boxers. He tried to fight both Hasim and Fury which completely fits that bill and got let down on all occasions by them both. We all know he's not great but at this stage he's definitely done well and clearly worked his ass off to get to where he is so fair play to him. And like I said above, in fairness to him he's tried to fight boxers in Hasim JR and Fury and they both fecked it.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Jake Paul needs to fight a real boxer and not retired mma guys. I wish the Tommy Fury fight would happen…but then again not so sure about him either.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The footwork on show last night between Ortiz and Lomachenko :drool:

Very close fight, scorecards a bit wide for me.

cyberman

Jake Paul needs to fight a real boxer and not retired mma guys. I wish the Tommy Fury fight would happen…but then again not so sure about him either.
Why? He’s getting all those guys paid while not doing anybody any harm

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Why fight real boxers when he can get these names on his record and get more eyes on his fights and thus more money? I would do the same if I had the chance. Easier fights, more exposure and good money... Perfect combo.

Red Rash

Why fight real boxers when he can get these names on his record and get more eyes on his fights and thus more money? I would do the same if I had the chance. Easier fights, more exposure and good money... Perfect combo.
He is doing the right thing from a promotional point of view as he is fighting some big names who are either not boxers (e.g. Askren), smaller than him or past their primes.

The issue is the guy seems like a bit of a prick and everyone wants to see him get knocked out so we are hoping he will eventually face a real boxer, in their prime and in the same weight class as him.

In terms of playing the heel, Jake Paul is doing the right thing by talking himself up as a great boxer and calling out people like Canelo. Let's hope someone can come alone and shut him up soon

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Took some balls to actually grill Tyson. Good thing it wasn’t face to face though:lol:
Fair play to him - Tyson obviously has to try and sell the fight and argue his points but he's spot on, it's a completely pointless fight. It'll probably still sell out but hopefully the PPV does absolute shite.

poleglass red

AJ's interview with DAZN saying he needs to rest mentally and won't be fighting anyone in Dec probably puts rest to why the fight with Fury didn't materialise." “It just really tore me apart so, from a mental capacity, my close ones are telling me to rest, mentally". Sounds like maybe he wanted the fight but his people didn't. He does go on to say they will fight eventually, it would depend on they both fare over their coming fights. Fury v Uysk is now the next big fight, AJ needs to go and impress in his coming fights. Just seems destined to be a fight that never gets made.AJ still a big enough name that even a fight with say Wilder would make big money, not so sure he'd want that fight though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Took some balls to actually grill Tyson. Good thing it wasn’t face to face though:lol:
Fury contradicts himself in this. Goes on about being the first to do 2 trilogies (he isn’t) and then says he doesn’t care about legacy. We all know it’s a quick pay day for his mate. Going to be an utterly pointless fight. Fury wins in about 7 rounds, talks more shit about AJ and retires again for the 20th time.

Probably comes back and faces Wilder again :rolleyes:

Kazi

Just turned on my TV and I can see Barrera and Hatton fighting each other. Had to rub my eyes to check if it really said “Live” top right

hodgey123

Tommy Fury been making a tit of himself again over the last week or so. The guy and the family are a shambles at the minute.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I mean, it’s good…..but it’s not Fury vs Chisora ;)
What helped make it great (for Americans mostly) were that quite a few title matches would be on ABC's Wide World of Sports in the middle of the day. That alone helped made me a boxing fan of the 80s & 90s.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What helped make it great (for Americans mostly) were that quite a few title matches would be on ABC's Wide World of Sports in the middle of the day. That alone helped made me a boxing fan of the 80s & 90s.
Free to air decent quality boxing, on during the day? Not familiar with this concept at all. I’m used to paying through the nose, staying up till 5am, only to see a shitfest where the better bloke gets robbed by the judges :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Free to air decent quality boxing, on during the day? Not familiar with this concept at all. I’m used to paying through the nose, staying up till 5am, only to see a shitfest where the better bloke gets robbed by the judges :lol:
Yep, bizarre right?

TheReligion

Abusive
Picked up some tickets to Smith-Eubank Jnr after Christmas.

Hoping the undercard is good. Bit of a gamble but not been to the boxing in a while and it’s usually a fun night.