The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
fecking jumping around like he’s just beaten Apollo Creed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Glad Fury won. Was the much better of the two even if it was a poor fight. Rematch going to happen though

Paul needs to stop hugging every 3 seconds

Fooza

Was never going to be a top boxing match. It was entertaining however these matches are no way box office £19.99 is robbery.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh fecking hell. You beat a youtuber for fecks sake :lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Can't believe Jake paul was calling carl froch out. Carl would do serious damage.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Nothing says how Tommy Fury will never amount to anything in the ring like his reaction to this win.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yup, got very emotional. Evidently had been feeling a lot of pressure over this fight, nonsense influencer thing or not.
Yeah, as daft as it all is, the reaction/celebration or whatever is the thing I mind least about it. Probably the only thing that's halfway authentic about the whole thing.

hobbers

Nothing says how Tommy Fury will never amount to anything in the ring like his reaction to this win.
But it tells you he's perfect for churning out the instagram reels of him doing a couple press ups and then crying about it.

Kazi

Don’t be mean to Fury. He and his family know his level.. he’s not going to take pro boxing too seriously and will probably continue to fight celebrities.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Was ok for what it was, two very low level pro's. One slightly better.

OverratedOpinion

So a model/bodybuilder "influencer" is a bit better than a Disney channel/YouTube "influencer" at throwing a couple of telegraphed punches between hugs.

Very pleased I didn't pay to find that out.

Kazi

I do love how every criticises it but they still sat through 8 rounds of it :lol:

I mean, surely you didn’t expect to see Duran vs Leonard

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I do love how every criticises it but they still sat through 8 rounds of it :lol:

I thought we'd see a professional boxer versus an amateur. But we got two amateurs.

Jam

Didn’t watch it; have no intention to.

My question is; did the undercard have any intriguing fights between up and comers or was that flooded with Z-Tier celebrities and piss poor fighters too?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Well, that's what it is. It's just a hate-watch/morbid curiosity thing. Nothing wrong with having a bit of a tut at the clown show and hoping for the off-chance of somebody getting properly knocked out.

As long as you're not paying for it, of course. :wenger:

OverratedOpinion

I occasionally watch Eastenders. It doesn't mean I don't think it's complete garbage. People watching something that they will openly mock is hardly a new phenomenon.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If that was 'saving' the sport of boxing from becoming a mockery, you might as well stick a fork in the sport - it is done.

Abraxas

Well, probably a final nail in the coffin for Fury being a decent professional boxer at title level.

OverratedOpinion

If that was 'saving' the sport of boxing from becoming a mockery, you might as well stick a fork in the sport - it is done.
Couldn't agree more, it did far more harm than good. Two influencers fighting in Saudi whilst Mike Tyson, Tyson Fury, Wilder, Haney ect all sang the praises of the kingdom and the prince who came out and described some bumbling, nonsensical plan for the future of boxing whilst everyone clapped and said what a genius he is.

Prince: We want to have the biggest fights in Saudi.

Everyone else: What a genius vision! How did you ever come up with that? *Raucous applause.

Absolute farce.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Paul should fight Zelenoff next, but do it on the street or in some binshed somewhere away from cameras and boxing fans. Not sure WTF I watched tonight, ref was shite which was more frustrating than the the shit fest performance from both so called fighters.