The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The highlight of the evening was when Logan Paul revealed what he said to Jake before the fight, ending with "I love you, bro', then the guy interviewing him said "I love you, too" in response.

OverratedOpinion

The highlight of the evening was when Logan Paul revealed what he said to Jake before the fight, ending with "I love you, bro', then the guy interviewing him said "I love you, too" in response.
Radio Rahim clinging onto that influencer money for dear life.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
ffs :lol:

TheLiverBird

Tommy Fury’s reaction is hardly surprising, the level of pressure he was under, family coming out saying they’ll leave him there if he loses etc and the media circus around it “a pro boxer can’t lose too a YouTuber” etc and then the build up with many actually believing that Paul was the favourite

He’s not a great boxer is Tommy, he’s obviously not going to reach world level, he might be a pro but his level is probably exactly this in all fairness

He’s a social influencer/pro boxer, nothing more nothing less

it’s also BY FAR his biggest earner, £2.5m too £3 million…..he’s bagged from this win, I’d be jumping around like I don’t know what too

maximus419

Anyone purchasing nonsense like this is enabling this kind of crap to continue. Is this it, is this what's deemed entertainment today?

Absolutely dreadful to call this boxing. It's staged WWE type stuff masquerading as a boxing contest. There are legit amatuer boxers out there would end either of these two inside a couple of rounds at most. Neither got a mark on them, there were more hugs than so called punches landed.

TheLiverBird

Anyone purchasing nonsense like this is enabling this kind of crap to continue. Is this it, is this what's deemed entertainment today?

Absolutely dreadful to call this boxing. It's staged WWE type stuff masquerading as a boxing contest. There are legit amatuer boxers out there would end either of these two inside a couple of rounds at most. Neither got a mark on them, there were more hugs than so called punches landed.
The people purchasing this are the YouTube followers/casual boxing fan. I highly doubt they see it like you do in that they are enabling this crap.

It’s certainly not for me, the quality on show is poor and I have zero interest in social media influencers and YouTubers, but I understand that a lot do in todays world , hence why this is actually quite a hugely popular addition to the boxing world unfortunately.

Thank social media

there is a way forward though for you and I, just don’t take an interest nor watch it, simple.

lsd

The Oracle
Tommy Fury’s reaction is hardly surprising, the level of pressure he was under, family coming out saying they’ll leave him there if he loses etc and the media circus around it “a pro boxer can’t lose too a YouTuber” etc and then the build up with many actually believing that Paul was the favourite

He’s not a great boxer is Tommy, he’s obviously not going to reach world level, he might be a pro but his level is probably exactly this in all fairness

He’s a social influencer/pro boxer, nothing more nothing less

it’s also BY FAR his biggest earner, £2.5m too £3 million…..he’s bagged from this win, I’d be jumping around like I don’t know what too

Glad he got paid well but in all honesty he probably comes out of this worse despite winning as he looked really poor too considering he was supposed to be the real boxer

FattyFooty

I think Jake trains hard, i really think he wants to be looked at as a real boxer.

Tommy im not that sure about. I think he is talented but dont train og have the desire to do it with full heart.

They are both ok. But i think only Tommy could go on. If he start working way harder. Just my thoughts.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Paul says he loves boxing but he really loves the attention it brings. Fair play to him he’s become a journeyman boxer who could beat other journeymen boxers but that won’t sell PPVs. Now he either has to carry on getting his ass handed to him or face the public losing interest in fights with nobodies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he believed his hype a little bit but also knew his limitations. If we look at that fight it's not like Fury was far better than him, he is just more astute in boxing which comes with the family and the background. I think Paul is a bit like Wilder in that he has genuine power but not nearly as much of the skill as others (obviously Wilder is far better than Paul). He would probably beat the MMA guys with that power but get beat by most pro boxers. He will do the rematch and then go back to fighting MMA and celebrities.

Kazi

Paul says he loves boxing but he really loves the attention it brings. Fair play to him he’s become a journeyman boxer who could beat other journeymen boxers but that won’t sell PPVs. Now he either has to carry on getting his ass handed to him or face the public losing interest in fights with nobodies.
He’ll fight KSI and they’ll both make 8 figures

poleglass red

that was a smaller than normal ring they fought in. I read somewhere that Fury was the one that requested that, which I thought was strange considering Paul's best chance to win would come via that overhand right he likes to throw. Fury I thought would have preferred a larger ring so he could jab and move more, maybe worried about his cardio, although both fighters tired.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You can’t dictate terms to a man who’s looking for excuses to avoid you.

Dan_F

Nice, I wish the guy with three belts didn’t have to give up so much, but of course Tyson is doing the same thing that he accuses others of constantly.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
That was unexpectedly fast. I still can’t believe there won’t be further complications.

ZupZup

For whatever reason, it seemed to me like Fury was trying to avoid this fight with Usyk in April. Demanding a 70/30 split assuming Usyk wouldn’t accept…

It’s pretty clear to anyone at this point that Usyk is not standing in the way of this fight getting made. Bluff well and truly called.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Usyk is class. Still think fury wins but hope Usyk does. The true people’s champ.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Fury waiting it out hoping someone else (Joyce, Wilder?) beats or softens up Usyk before he steps in with him.
I expect them to fight late 2024.

Glorio

No way Yoka wins against Takam tonight, that would be an absolute travesty

Glorio

For whatever reason, it seemed to me like Fury was trying to avoid this fight with Usyk in April. Demanding a 70/30 split assuming Usyk wouldn’t accept…

It’s pretty clear to anyone at this point that Usyk is not standing in the way of this fight getting made. Bluff well and truly called.
Fury ducking, what else it new?

Glorio

1 judge gave it to him.
Fair play to Takam he is as tough as nails.
Yeah - they had me worried they were gonna rob Takam there. Felt like he had a problem with one of his arms when the ref was trying to raise it aloft.

Yoka is really nothing special. Meanwhile Bakole casually mentioning stopping Dubois twice and Usyk once in sparring - was a bit odd.
I suppose he feels ready for the big time, but that (being a bit of a blabbermouth) is a bad rep to have.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Bakole doesn’t look much to me really. Probably Chisora standard but the French guy is done now which is a shame but had nothing tonight against a 42 yr old Takam.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Hope I’m wrong but I’ll only believe Fury/Usyk takes place in April when they both enter the ring. No problem accepting Usyk’s intentions but Fury is a different matter. Something will likely happen in the interim to kibosh it and another Warren fighter may step in instead.

Glorio

Fury has just publicly accepted the fight on Instagram.
Like Fury's word counts for anything.

He's a brilliant fighter but a disgraceful ducking merchant. Even his hiatus starting with ducking Klitschko.
I honestly hope Usyk stuns him in that fight

Vapor trail

Plant v Benevidez
Fulton v Inoue
Davis v Garcia
Usyk v Fury
Haney v Lomachenko

Solid bouts eary-mid 2023

Vapor trail

Joshua and Joyce both fighting in April too Alongside Fury.

Huge month for the heavyweight division
Yeah it's been and it's going to be a solid year for boxing ideally one of the best in years. Artur Beterbiev vs. Anthony Yarde in January too, a shame about Crawford / Spence.