The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Why on earth would Fury duck Usyk? He'll probably school the guy.
He may overpower him but that's his only edge (albeit a big one).
Usyk has at least a 50% chance of the win should they meet now but if he were to have a war with someone like Joyce or Wilder first while Fury swats away a gatekeeper then that tips the scales Tysons way.

SuperiorXI

Fury vs Usyk off according to IFL. What a joke. Boxing is infuriating these days. The regulatory bodies need to get a grip of the so called promoters and fighters to ensure the top fights go ahead.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Fury comes out of this looking like the dosser but this fight happening in April never felt remotely realistic for either party.

Havak

Pokemon master
Not that into boxing anymore, but Fury's fights with Joshua and Usyk both falling through definitely starts to stink of a pattern... Personally, I think he probably would win both fights, but he/his team obviously have reservations and have avoided.

Just seems strange.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I'm not one to say I told you so but...I really wish Fury and his entourage weren't such masters of shithousery as he is actually a darn good fighter and even with a couple of L's on his record would have got plenty of respect but he's limited his legacy with his antics over the years. Pity.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not that into boxing anymore, but Fury's fights with Joshua and Usyk both falling through definitely starts to stink of a pattern... Personally, I think he probably would win both fights, but he/his team obviously have reservations and have avoided.

Just seems strange.
Said at the time he ducked Joshua, setting arbitrary deadlines thay are impossible to hit.

Fury could be one of the greatest ever but keeps ducking hard fights. Annoying because I think Fury wins both.

TheLiverBird

Boxing has been a shambles of late

well actually for quite a while to be fair

but the one thing it needed was this fight, it had too have this fight go ahead

and the one common denominator in these “failed too go ahead” much needed fights is Fury

I used too think the guy was a chopper, then he pulled himself back from the abyss and my respect and admiration for him sky rocketed, but this last 18 months he’s just been utterly stinking the place out and I’ve had enough of hearing from him again.

He may well still fight Usyk later in the year when potentially the Middle East might come back in again providing the money on the table they both want, more so Fury.

Heavy undisputed is a generational fight so economically it might just be falling short right now, either way, they’d still be making a tonne of money in the here and now for this fight and it’s Fury without question that has caused this too no longer be happing now.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Because that's what he does. And we don't know that he'll school Usyk anyway
You don't know he does. I bet every boxer in modern day history has been accused of ducking somebody at some point. Perhaps there's monetary reasons or it is to build up hype and desperation for the fight, but there's no way on earth Fury would duck Usyk in the truest sense of the word. He was stood face to face with him taking the piss like it was some little kid not long ago, Fury is not scared of Usyk.

I think Fury will school him. RedCafe and many boxing fans have always been in denial about Fury. I could go back to posts on here a few years ago (pre Vlad win I think) where people argued with me for saying he's better than AJ. People wait for even a half baked reason to jump back on him, then he comes back and emphatically makes them all look like they don't know what they're on about. We've been here before many times with Fury and it will be the same outcome again this time.

Balljy

You don't know he does. I bet every boxer in modern day history has been accused of ducking somebody at some point. Perhaps there's monetary reasons or it is to build up hype and desperation for the fight, but there's no way on earth Fury would duck Usyk in the truest sense of the word. He was stood face to face with him taking the piss like it was some little kid not long ago, Fury is not scared of Usyk.

I think Fury will school him. RedCafe and many boxing fans have always been in denial about Fury. I could go back to posts on here a few years ago (pre Vlad win I think) where people argued with me for saying he's better than AJ. People wait for even a half baked reason to jump back on him, then he comes back and emphatically makes them all look like they don't know what they're on about. We've been here before many times with Fury and it will be the same outcome again this time.
I think people get stuck into thinking of Fury's style at a certain point in time and thinking that's what he offers. I'm not a huge fan of him personally, but he is insanely talented and has shown he can go from ultra-defensive to attacking depending on who he's fighting and outbox them regardless. He's also got the size to go with that talent.

I'm not even convinced Usyk is a better boxer. Fury a few years ago was a pure boxer, quite defensive and extremely good at it. He's definitely shown he's better than Usyk at using his size and strength. I agree with you, that Fury would be a huge favourite if they met, and for Usyk to have any chance he would have to be able to be too quick for him and we haven't seen that yet.

Glorio

This is not primary school or some road side, it's a sport with rules, with a lot of money on the line. Fury vs Usyk is definitely a physical mismatch, so I doubt Fury is scared of him in that sense. However, having not seen them in a boxing match, I can't tell you who will win, and I don't think Fury can 100%, as Usyk has bested just about all comers, looking like he could still go another level throughout his career. Fury on the other hand had a really tough time with a mobile southpaw. It's not as clear cut.

What I do know is Usyk is a genuine problem for anyone he fights, and Fury knows this, he also knows there are easier fights out there, and definitely appears to be ducking.

As has been said on this thread, Fury is a brilliant fighter but once he's in a position of strength, he habitually ducks hard fights. Even the Klitschko rematch, he didn't seem to want it.

Maybe he just truly doesn't care enough about boxing to put himself in these situations, even if he is extremely talented

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Another nail in the coffin of boxing. What a joke it’s become. The belt holders should be made to fight the No1 challengers like they used to. 4 different bodies doesn’t help the sport at all. In fact I’d say it’s helped destroy it.

FriedClams

Fury is smart to not fight usyk if he cares about his record. He’s by far the biggest threat to it. Guys an Olympic gold medalist who exposed Antony Joshua as an average fighter, and he has no problem going the distance. Fury would need an early knockout, and usyk would dance around landing counters then go for it in the second half of the fight.

SuperiorXI

Fury is smart to not fight usyk if he cares about his record. He’s by far the biggest threat to it. Guys an Olympic gold medalist who exposed Antony Joshua as an average fighter, and he has no problem going the distance. Fury would need an early knockout, and usyk would dance around landing counters then go for it in the second half of the fight.
Fury is leagues ahead of AJ in terms of pure boxing skill. He is extremely hard to hit for someone close to his height nevermind much shorter. I think if we get the fight, Fury wins easily on points and is capable of the knock out too.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Another nail in the coffin of boxing. What a joke it’s become. The belt holders should be made to fight the No1 challengers like they used to. 4 different bodies doesn’t help the sport at all. In fact I’d say it’s helped destroy it.
I’ve lost interest in boxing to an extent.
The bullshit vs quality ratio just seems to get worse and worse. Really enjoyed Berterbiev and Yarde, that was a great fight, but the histrionics, bullshit, & ducking that are allowed to go on are just turning me off from the sport.
And then, when the feckers finally get in the ring, if it doesn’t end via stoppage you’re liable to get a ridiculous set of score cards ruin the experience

FriedClams

Fury is leagues ahead of AJ in terms of pure boxing skill. He is extremely hard to hit for someone close to his height nevermind much shorter. I think if we get the fight, Fury wins easily on points and is capable of the knock out too.
its such an intriguing fight. Hopefully they stop playing the games and just get it signed.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm not one to say I told you so but...I really wish Fury and his entourage weren't such masters of shithousery as he is actually a darn good fighter and even with a couple of L's on his record would have got plenty of respect but he's limited his legacy with his antics over the years. Pity.
Yep, I hate to say I told you so but...

This is the story of the man's career. He's so scared of losing. He has a bang average resume for the so called number 1 and this just further underlines the point.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Said at the time he ducked Joshua, setting arbitrary deadlines thay are impossible to hit.

Fury could be one of the greatest ever but keeps ducking hard fights. Annoying because I think Fury wins both.
Yep, he would probably out point Joshua but there is a decent chance he gets nailed. He won't even take that risk.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

No one is saying he is physically scared. He's scared to lose his 0. Always looked for the easy way out his all career. He's a excellent fighter but when it's all said and done we'll never know how good he was because he ducked fights time and time again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I used too think the guy was a chopper, then he pulled himself back from the abyss and my respect and admiration for him sky rocketed, but this last 18 months he’s just been utterly stinking the place out and I’ve had enough of hearing from him again.
Same, still thought he was a cnut but had my respect for how he came back from where he was. He's shown himself to be a gigantic bellend again though.

Vapor trail

Fury does have this pattern of irregularities when he's at the top. Happened when he beat Wladimir and it's seemingly happening having bested Wilder to become the WBC champion his competitiveness has dropped.

The issue however with the statement in the BBC which is outside of either promoters control (if true) is a concern:

"Usyk, the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and Ring magazine champion, would like a proposed rematch to happen in November or December, but there are fears among Team Fury that the four belts would have fractured by then.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman contacted the Fury camp on Wednesday to say the governing body could not guarantee its support for an immediate rematch".

I think of all the organisations WBC are the worst especially with how long Dilian Whyte was a mandatory and they never sanctioned the Wilder fight all those years ago. But no matter what Fury comes out this looking the worst off, he offered ridiculous terms for a Joshua fight back in December and he's doing the same with Usyk. Terrific fighter but seems to undermine his opponents on the business side if the details of a rematch clause for splits is unfavorable for Usyk if he won.

telstar96

Fury has a track record of either prolonging, delaying or avoiding fights.
Some notable examples:

He vacated the British title instead of fighting David Price, a straight up duck

He pulled out of the Ustinov fight

He turned down 60:40 to fight AJ when he returned to boxing

He was set to fight Whyte for the WBC Diamond Belt and then decided to fight Tom Schwarz instead.

He messed about Eddie Hearn for the AJ undisputed fight in 2021, when he knew the Wilder arbitration may scupper any possible undisputed fight.

He chose to not fight Usyk last year even though AJ had agreed to step aside money, with Fury claiming he needed a tune up

He could've fought Joyce but instead chose to fight Chisora

Some people are gonna say that Fury would beat all these guys, so it's irrelevant. On that logic Fury shouldn't fight anyone since he's meant to be the best in the division. Debates on who is the better fighter are settled IN THE RING. Not online. Anyone defending Fury at this point is not being objective. People saying "why would he duck Usyk, he would school him" have been conned by Fury to believe he cares about legacy. Fury cares only for money and that's fine, all power too him, as long as he's willing to admit it (which he isn't).

And now we're at a point where the division has been held up for so long; Fury has wasted the time of so many fighters, promotors and fans, people are turning away from boxing.

Relfy

Boxing is just getting so tedious at the moment. I enjoy the sport, but when this continually happens it becomes a farce.

The governing bodies, promotors and greed have wrecked it

It should be simple - champion takes 60%, challenger 40% - unification = 50:50 and that’s the end of it.

It’s surprising that there remains enough interest in the sport for fighters to demand the pay days. I get some fights need to be built up, so delays are some times inevitable, but a unification of the heavyweight division should be the easiest fight to make. The winner has all the glory and will go down as a great.

I don’t watch much UFC but at least they make their top fighters actually fight and deliver for the fans.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
The Saudi money has blurred the lines. Paying a 100m facility fee with PPV money on top is what Fury is wanting rather than Wembley with the PPV.

Dan_F

I don’t really understand why the organising bodies don’t just agree to no mandatories before the rematch, so long as it happens within six months from the original fight. Of course that’s if it’s the real reason for Fury not wanting the fight. Surely they recognise the money that can be generated from having an undisputed champion for a few fights. It’s undoubtable that Fury and Usyk will be retiring within the next couple years and the belts will fracture off anyway.

I’m ranting now, but it’s pathetic that Britain has two of the biggest names in heavyweight boxing currently and can’t make that fight, to now throw in a failure to make an undisputed heavyweight fight is shambolic.

Finally, Fury calling Usyk a coward :lol: The guy was at war carrying a fecking machine gun 9 months ago, I can’t see anyone buying into that.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Anyone with a brain cell can see Usyk isn't a ducker. Only one of them hasn't fought AJ. No bother, Usyk will continue making fights and cementing his legacy. Tyson will ???..... fight tomato cans

Kazi

Can’t wait for Benavidez Plant. Really hope Plant does him in but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t wait for Benavidez Plant. Really hope Plant does him in but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.
Benavidez 1.25 to Plant 3.75 is about as close to even money as big fights tend to get. Though Tank vs Garcia is actually a little closer.

Inter Yer Nan

Hey guys, haven’t been super active lately, busy with work and boxing but wanted to share this:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqBgWdiD9KR/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I’ve said it before, but I have to say it again, this guy is by far the most humble superstar I’ve ever met. He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Period. Really makes me proud of boxing. I do have some great plans with him. I was lucky to have first met him after his fight with Mayorga back in 2004 and have met him a few times since. This one was special last week, having met him a couple years back at the Atlantic City Boxing HOF, showing him the photo of me & him after the Mayorga fight. Then we stayed in touch and I finally made it back to Puerto Rico. It’s truly humbling to see how he treats people and the life he lives and asks for no attention for his many good deeds.

Kind of makes you sad when you see the antics of the guys fighting today who are nowhere near as successful and famous as him.