The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Luke1995

Watched the Mike Tyson - Danny Williams fight. Mike looked really good the first three rounds, was really putting it on Williams.

In the fourth round, it was close, up until it wasn't. I was stunned at how a big punch from Williams just dropped Tyson like that...

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Lomachenko is going to school this boy, Lopez will need the KO.

Also find the Canelo situation hilarious, it’s hardly a shocker that DAZN don’t want to pay him 35 million to fight cans.
Don't take a short price about it happening.
I rate it only a 60-40 fight in Loma's favour.

Baneofthegame

Don't take a short price about it happening.
I rate it only a 60-40 fight in Loma's favour.
People had Walters as a shoe in to KO him years ago and he hotness obliterated. While Father Time is undefeated, I don’t think Loma is shot yet.

It’s Lopez KO/TKO or nothing for him.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
People had Walters as a shoe in to KO him years ago and he hotness obliterated. While Father Time is undefeated, I don’t think Loma is shot yet.

It’s Lopez KO/TKO or nothing for him.
Walters was a dangerous customer and Loma did a job on him 100% but he's not quite the same now and has been in some wars over the years (don't forget the amateur days) and while I still have him fav it's far from cut and dried.
Teo can box too and is the naturally bigger man so will give him a torrid time IMO.

Baneofthegame

Walters was a dangerous customer and Loma did a job on him 100% but he's not quite the same now and has been in some wars over the years (don't forget the amateur days) and while I still have him fav it's far from cut and dried.
Teo can box too and is the naturally bigger man so will give him a torrid time IMO.
He’s also had time to heal the shoulder injury imo, Lopez definitely has the size advantage as he will be up at 140 within 2 fights.

Just think this is a step too far, he’s never shared the ring with someone of the caliber of Lomachenko, he certainly is a live dog in this fight for sure.

Verbalkint

An exciting fight this weekend - Dorticos vs Breidis. What do you make of it? I favor Mairis personally. Good power, chin, cardio and a willingness to fight real dirty. I hope he looks better this time out than he did vs that Noel Gevor guy.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Good wins for both Charlo's against decent opponents, Luis Nery, Daniel Roman and a 1st Round KO for Josh Taylor over an outclassed Thai fighter.
A stacked weekends action.

SambaBoy

Impressive performance from Jermall. Looked better against Derevychenko then GGG and Jacobs did.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone know where I can watch Loma Lopez fight on Sunday morning? It's not being show in UK unfortunately.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone know where I can watch Loma Lopez fight on Sunday morning? It's not being show in UK unfortunately.
Fite TV, I think it’s an online channel or you can get the app on fire stick £9.99 PPV..

Paxi

Fite TV, I think it’s an online channel or you can get the app on fire stick £9.99 PPV..
Its the first I've heard of it. Have you used it before? I'm weary of using something online only for a stream to go dead or something and I'll be hunting an illegal stream anyway.

Deery

Dreary
Its the first I've heard of it. Have you used it before? I'm weary of using something online only for a stream to go dead or something and I'll be hunting an illegal stream anyway.
I’ve heard of it but never used it, it’s definitely legit seen Enzo plug it on Twitter and heard about Arum turning to them because Sky wouldn’t pick the fight up.

I don’t know anything about stream quality or anything. Don’t think am going to buy it though could see me missing this fight.

Paxi

I’ve heard of it but never used it, it’s definitely legit seen Enzo plug it on Twitter and heard about Arum turning to them because Sky wouldn’t pick the fight up.

I don’t know anything about stream quality or anything. Don’t think am going to buy it though could see me missing this fight.
Fair enough. Cheers for the info. Yeah I think I'll go for it with them.

Kazi

People are giving Lopez a shot today but I don’t see it as anything more than a punchers chance. He may win some rounds early, but Loma is just way too good for him, and when last seen still looks fresh and hungry enough. I see it being a comfy enough night for Loma.

Deery

Dreary
People are giving Lopez a shot today but I don’t see it as anything more than a punchers chance. He may win some rounds early, but Loma is just way too good for him, and when last seen still looks fresh and hungry enough. I see it being a comfy enough night for Loma.
Campbell shook Lomachenko a couple of times if Lopez lands it will be a different story.

Inter Yer Nan

Yeah, I see a wide decision victory for Lomachenko. I think it will be tense for 3-4 rounds then he’ll have gathered all the information he needs and just box Teo’s ears off. I expect Lopez will just be losing up looking for one big shot early in the contest and he’ll be beyond frustrated by the end.

Paxi

Loma left himself in a massive hole by being too cautious of Lopez's power. Right decision imo.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I had it a draw. Ive been a Lopez fan on here for about 3 years but scorecards were awful.

Baneofthegame

Crazy scorecards, no idea what Lomachenko was doing for the first half of the fight.

Congratulations to López.

Fracture90

Those scorecards have yet again reminded me as to why i don't follow boxing anymore as i did before.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
5 more fights I'm looking forward to this year.

Ryan Garcia/Luke Campbell
Leo Santa Cruz/Gervonta Davis
Oleksander Usyk/Dereck Chisora
Errol Spence/Danny Garcia
Nordine Oubaali/Nonito Donaire

Also Matchroom have a show in Mexico on 23 October featuring Chocolatito Gonzalez, Juan Estrada and promising kid Otha Jones III.

Plenty more big names due to appear this year but in more one sided looking contests.

Inter Yer Nan

I scored it a draw. Lomachenko looked the better fighter but he started late. He lost rounds because he did nothing for half the fight. Hopefully for his sake he gets a rematch because this could be potentially damaging to his legacy.

SambaBoy

I scored it for Lopez. Obviously not 11-1 like one of the scorecards, but 7-5. In the rounds Loma won, Lopez was doing more whilst in the rounds Lopez won, Loma did absolutely nothing apart from round 12.

Loma started slowly as expected but carried it on till round 6-7, not sure what he was doing there and it cost him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Did you really score it for Loma? I wanted him to win but couldn't justify giving him more than 6 rounds, and even that was giving him every possible benefit of the doubt in the close rounds.
Very narrowly; a draw wouldn't have been unfair, imo.

I think the last round probably would've justified it swaying the other way, though.

Loma can't come out and say he was robbed, despite the stupid scorecards as he took too long to get going. I think he underestimated Lopez's stamina, personally. Even though he flagged around the 7th, he didn't drop as far off as Loma expected and was in line with his 'deep water' comment.

As a strategy, it backfired, and by then, he'd left himself too little wiggle room especially with Lopez giving everything in the 12th and leaving the better final impression that the whole fight was like the first few rounds.

ZupZup

Lomachenko can really have zero complaints. You can argue that he won none of the first 6 rounds and he definitely lost the 12th. Even being extremely generous, you could possibly give him 6 rounds at the very most. He didn't deserve a draw and Lopez absolutely deserved the win.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Loma waited far too long to realise that Lopez was on a level playing field, and by that point it was far too late for him to do anything.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Lomachenko can really have zero complaints. You can argue that he won none of the first 6 rounds and he definitely lost the 12th. Even being extremely generous, you could possibly give him 6 rounds at the very most. He didn't deserve a draw and Lopez absolutely deserved the win.
Loma won the 2nd IMO.
Very unlikely to be a rematch IMO.
It's not a contractual necessity and I see Lopez moving up in increments to 147 eventually.
There will be a lot of big paydays ahead for a charismatic lad like Teofimo who can back it up in the ring.

ZupZup

Loma won the 2nd IMO.
He landed the best punch in round 2 but he still landed less punches in that round... threw a lot less and Lopez took centre of the ring and was the aggressor. So whilst I understand you can give Lomachenko the second round, anyone can quite reasonably argue that Lopez won it also. Scoring round 2 for either fighter is perfectly reasonable.

Inter Yer Nan

Estrada-Cuadras II was a genuinely great fight this past Friday, and Chocolatito's fight was a ton of fun. Looks like Estrada-Chocolatito II is a go for a unification early 2021. Winnver vs. Rungvisai III as he's the WBC mandatory. I've said many times, Estrada is one of my favorite fighters. I think he's a legitimate hall of fame caliber fighter. Chocolatito of course is an all-time great.

Deery

Dreary
Estrada-Cuadras II was a genuinely great fight this past Friday, and Chocolatito's fight was a ton of fun. Looks like Estrada-Chocolatito II is a go for a unification early 2021. Winnver vs. Rungvisai III as he's the WBC mandatory. I've said many times, Estrada is one of my favorite fighters. I think he's a legitimate hall of fame caliber fighter. Chocolatito of course is an all-time great.
Seen the highlights of the Estrada and Chocolatito fights they both looked great fights. Pity we don’t get to watch them live.