The RedCafe Boxing Thread

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's too small and doesn't have the one punch KO power to make up for it

RUCK4444

Don’t know what Bellew is talking about, Usyk didn’t set the world alight but surely outpunched Derek.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Bellew is the biggest arsehole in boxing shouting instructions from ringside all night, leave it to the corner men ffs

Giggs86

Chisora is a joke, lost every fight to any half decent opponent in the past decade. Fury, Klitchko, Haye, even Pulev. Would love to see Usyk vs. Povetkin or AJ. No matter what though Fury is head and shoulders above anyone at the moment, no one comes close.

Oggmonster

Bellew is the biggest arsehole in boxing shouting instructions from ringside all night, leave it to the corner men ffs
Was odd that..

I get theyre mates but bit weird as he was working for sky.

Was funny during the weight in he was on SSN bigging Chisora up then shit his pants when Usyk walked past.

Usyk will not be a top heavyweight for me just doesn't look great at that weight class. Can't see him coping with the top fighters really.

Deery

Dreary
Set my alarm for 3:48am thinking I’d be on time for the Tank v Santa Cruz fight literally got to see the Tank interview after the fight.

Serious knockout though and looked like a good fight. What a way to mark your first PPV..

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Was odd that..

I get theyre mates but bit weird as he was working for sky.

Was funny during the weight in he was on SSN bigging Chisora up then shit his pants when Usyk walked past.

Usyk will not be a top heavyweight for me just doesn't look great at that weight class. Can't see him coping with the top fighters really.
Chisora bullied him untill he gassed, usyk had no answer to him and he wasn’t big enough to hurt him.
I get usyk is the better boxer but I hate the way he just run away the whole fight and fought off the back foot. He was clearly too small to get involved in a scrap, it’s like putting someone like amir khan in there, he may sting, hurt and and out box a heavyweight but he shouldn’t be in there. Chisora should have just had a chill in his corner instead of chasing usyk around the ring.

i will say usyk covered up well but a bigger man who can actually box would smash him up imo

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Inter Yer Nan thoughts on Inoue's career trajectory? Where do you think he'll rank when he hangs them up?

Looks like he's getting better and better and his ability to pick his shots becoming even more deadly.

Who do you think can give him a contest?

Smithy89

Set my alarm for 3:48am thinking I’d be on time for the Tank v Santa Cruz fight literally got to see the Tank interview after the fight.

Serious knockout though and looked like a good fight. What a way to mark your first PPV..
I hope he pops back up to lightweight, the likes of him, Lopez, loma, Garcia and Haney all need to fight each other. Would be criminal if they don't all meet at some point.

Inter Yer Nan

@Inter Yer Nan thoughts on Inoue's career trajectory? Where do you think he'll rank when he hangs them up?

Looks like he's getting better and better and his ability to pick his shots becoming even more deadly.

Who do you think can give him a contest?
I have concerns about the eye which Donaire damaged. If that can hold up, the sky’s the limit. Japanese fighters have a tradition of retiring relatively young/at the right age and he’s looking fantastic now. It’s his prime. I suspect only going up too far in weight can beat him in the next 2-3 years. I love Estrada, and that’s a potentially big fight but I can’t see Estrada being too successful with Inoue. He’s too strong, hits too hard, plus has great precision and timing.

I think Inoue has already done enough to merit hall of fame induction. I think he has a shot at being the greatest boxer post Pacquaio/Mayweather given his age and the fact he’s improving. I think he’ll be considered a special fighter.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have concerns about the eye which Donaire damaged. If that can hold up, the sky’s the limit. Japanese fighters have a tradition of retiring relatively young/at the right age and he’s looking fantastic now. It’s his prime. I suspect only going up too far in weight can beat him in the next 2-3 years. I love Estrada, and that’s a potentially big fight but I can’t see Estrada being too successful with Inoue. He’s too strong, hits too hard, plus has great precision and timing.

I think Inoue has already done enough to merit hall of fame induction. I think he has a shot at being the greatest boxer post Pacquaio/Mayweather given his age and the fact he’s improving. I think he’ll be considered a special fighter.
Really loving his skill with his short punches and he's becoming a more tactical fighter, which is yet another string to his bow.

Didn't know you rated him as highly as your second paragraph already, that's some praise! Agree with you though - he looks like something very special indeed. There's always a moment in his fights where his opponent wants out, and you see the light go out in their gameplan and their output. Looks a terrifying proposition.

Inter Yer Nan

Really loving his skill with his short punches and he's becoming a more tactical fighter, which is yet another string to his bow.

Didn't know you rated him as highly as your second paragraph already, that's some praise! Agree with you though - he looks like something very special indeed. There's always a moment in his fights where his opponent wants out, and you see the light go out in their gameplan and their output. Looks a terrifying proposition.
Yeah, he throws clean, crisp, short punches with serious power. I hope once we can attend sports again he’s back in LA or Vegas, as I really want to see him live again. I saw him make his US debut and I think I’ve said it here before, he has the best sounding punches I’ve ever heard live.

RedFish

He’s a meme. What I did find funny is Hearn saying “I thought you said Joshua ducked you” after Wilder basically admitted it was HE who said no.
Yeah I saw heard in the immediare aftermath of the weekend fighys that Wilder basically said he turned down more money to fight AJ and a deal from DAZN offering 60-70 Mill for three fights. Not sure Wilder has the motivation to compete at the highest level....

poleglass red

just seen the clip of Davis ko of Santa Cruz, wow, what a punch. Didn't see the whole fight just the lead up to the ko, looks like it was a great fight, both fighters throwing plenty of shots.

Glorio

Anyone hoping Fury vs Whyte gets made?

I know Fury's star is shining the brightest at the minute, and I do rate him, but not as highly as many do. Yes, he's beaten 2 top level fighters, but absolutely no one else of note at all.

Hope him and Joshua are serious about getting it on next year. Then all the speculation can stop and we can truly rate them.

He’s a meme. What I did find funny is Hearn saying “I thought you said Joshua ducked you” after Wilder basically admitted it was HE who said no.
Where are all the posters from this thread claiming Joshua was ducking him? :lol:

Was always obvious that Joshua was desperate for the unification fight.

And yes @Glorio, Fury v Whyte would intrigue me.

Inter Yer Nan

Where are all the posters from this thread claiming Joshua was ducking him? :lol:

Was always obvious that Joshua was desperate for the unification fight.

And yes @Glorio, Fury v Whyte would intrigue me.
I called it all along. Wilder was using Joshua for publicity purposes but was scared of the fight because he didn't trust his chin against Joshua's power. Wilder has the dumbest fans I've ever seen in the sport.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Just watched brief highlights of the DAZN/Matchroom Bill held in Florida.
Bloody awful stuff.
Haney won every round vs Gamboa and the rest were all knockovers.
Contrast this with the excellent contests in Mexico from the same promoters a couple of weeks ago.

poleglass red

re the McGuigan v Frampton court case which began in Sept, it has been finally resolved out of court, this comes 2 days after over 10,000 emails that McGuigan thought had been deleted had been recovered. Frampton's statement "The terms of the settlement are confidential between the parties and the court, but I can say that I am extremely happy with them, and welcome the fact that the legal dispute has now ended." Always clear out your deleted folder, another court case another defeat for McGuigan it seems.

G-manc

Tough job for Kell Brook tonight - he's looked pretty poor in his last few fights and hasn't had to make 147 for a long time. He did look surprisingly healthy on the scales though - i was expecting a corpse.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Tough job for Kell Brook tonight - he's looked pretty poor in his last few fights and hasn't had to make 147 for a long time. He did look surprisingly healthy on the scales though - i was expecting a corpse.
He’s going to get battered. Is it worth the 4am get up? Probably not

G-manc

He’s going to get battered. Is it worth the 4am get up? Probably not
I'll just watch it tomorrow - has to be a proper fight for me to stay up nowadays with the responsibility of kids and middle-age to contend with!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kell Brook will retire after he gets knocked out in the 5th round

G-manc

:lol: :lol: Never a truer word said
:lol:

I remember afternoon drinking, going to the Benn-Collins at the Nynex, piling back to my mates for Tyson-Holyfield and walking home when the light came up. The thought of this now fills me with dread.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t see Kell going past 3 rounds going by his last performances, also think he retires after this fight.

Katie Taylor also in action tonight on an all women’s card on Sky.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Surprised at a few of the comments. I think Crawford wins but what makes anyone think Kell doesn't even last as long as Khan did? And even Khan was only stopped because it was a low shot*.

*Crawford was obvs winning and not far away from a stoppage anyway probably.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
:lol:

I remember afternoon drinking, going to the Benn-Collins at the Nynex, piling back to my mates for Tyson-Holyfield and walking home when the light came up. The thought of this now fills me with dread.
Yeah, you’d have no chance now....more chance of Kell winning this fight :lol:

Inter Yer Nan

I can’t see Brook being too competitive but with both fighters off for over a year you never know. Crawford is a pro though and has worked in the gym the whole time. I expect a slow start and then Crawford turns up the gears and Brook is pulled out anytime after the 8th.

SambaBoy

Brook has took this fight as a final pay day. He's been pretty poor since the GGG/Spence fights.

Glorio

Weird that Sky is not in on Brook vs Crawford. Yes, He has his issues with Hearn, but surely Sky is not 100% beholden to Hearn?

Glorio

This might just be my heart talking over my head, but this is just the level of fight that could spark a fire in Brook. He's a top fighter, lest we forget, and while he's up against world class opposition of the highest order, it is in the realms of possibility that he pulls off an upset. He's fighting with no pressure at all.

Fighting GGG was a mistake - just stepped up too high. He boxed well, but it became obvious that GGG after feeling his punches at that weight, had no respect for Kell's punches, and he just began to stalk and brutally punish him. To go on straight against Spence after that punishment was an even bigger mistake. Could have taken some time to build himself back up.

His performances after that have been a mixed bag, but there'll be no lack of motivation here.