The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

Apparently a very poor atmosphere and attendance.
Hopefully they'll get a better venue next time but superb fight nevertheless.
It was limited capacity due to Covid. Now Dallas is open to normal capacity but that was only announced in the last week so they still went with the limited capacity. I’ve been to a number of these cards with these fighters (Estrada-Chocolatito) and they are usually all in LA. I think by the time either fights again it will be in LA as that’s the bigger fan base. I think they’ll sell well but it being a hardcore fight fans fight, the Forum, for example would be like half full only.

Inter Yer Nan

We had people come out from LA, NY/NJ and Detroit. Had a blast. Took the Cowboys Stadium tour Friday and feck me what a stadium. I’d love to go to a fight there. But I wouldn’t go for Canelo.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Eddie Hearn confirming a two fight deal has been agreed for Joshua to fight Fury.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Really expected this to be nothing but talk. This is great news.

Deery

Dreary
Good news, hopefully it’s sooner rather than later. Seen pictures of Joshua lately he looks in great shape I wouldn’t take him lightly, this fight can go either way, I think Fury will probably control the boxing but Joshua has proved he can be deadly in the finishing off if he connects.

I haven’t made up my mind who’s corner I’m in yet may wait and see what the trash talking brings.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I still hate this 2 or 3 fight series bollocks. By all means say there would probably be a rematch clause if the loser wants one but hype it up as only the first fight is important.

SuperiorXI

I still hate this 2 or 3 fight series bollocks. By all means say there would probably be a rematch clause if the loser wants one but hype it up as only the first fight is important.
The Wilder fight was supposed to be a 3 parter but never happened. It will go down to the politics, might only see one fight.

Fury is going to beat AJ, heart says KO head says on points. Only one winner for me.

Inter Yer Nan

It does take an edge of it slightly I agree. It's not as "do or die" type this way, but politics being what they are, I'm just happy they got a deal.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The Wilder fight was supposed to be a 3 parter but never happened. It will go down to the politics, might only see one fight.

Fury is going to beat AJ, heart says KO head says on points. Only one winner for me.
Have to agree I can't see Fury losing and I can very much see Joshua lose the war of attrition

Nico87

For those saying Fury will win on points do you think if was technically to do so that he would also get the decision?.

Kazi

Partly due to stop any outrage of the first fight being in Saudi if they start hinting at the second fight being in Wembley

Oggmonster

Hope AJ stops him, I'm not even his biggest fan but Furys weird cult following is painful and he has become a parody of himself these days genuinely one of most boring "characters" around.

Nico87

For sure, he's a much better boxer than AJ. If it's points he'll be way ahead.
I’m more thinking along the lines of even if Fury was to comprehensively outbox him he might still need the knock out just to get a draw. I just can’t see a decision going against Joshua, no matter how clear it could potentially be. Our judges tend to be pretty shameless.

SuperiorXI

I’m more thinking along the lines of even if Fury was to comprehensively outbox him he might still need the knock out just to get a draw. I just can’t see a decision going against Joshua, no matter how clear it could potentially be. Our judges tend to be pretty shameless.
This is potentially the biggest UK fight ever, they'll never get away with something like that.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Chisora v Parker signed for May 1st on Sky Box Office

Looking like another IPTV viewing for me. Would never pay that money for a matchup like this

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Hope AJ stops him, I'm not even his biggest fan but Furys weird cult following is painful and he has become a parody of himself these days genuinely one of most boring "characters" around.
Same. Can't stand Fury as a person with his views and can't understand the hype he has. It was like nobody talked about him until his barely scraped win against an off form Wlad and then every chav in the UK with a Henry Lloyd polo and a bottle of WKD starting sucking his dick like he was the 2nd coming of Christ and have built some kind of unbelievable hype level around him.

Inter Yer Nan

Same. Can't stand Fury as a person with his views and can't understand the hype he has. It was like nobody talked about him until his barely scraped win against an off form Wlad and then every chav in the UK with a Henry Lloyd polo and a bottle of WKD starting sucking his dick like he was the 2nd coming of Christ and have built some kind of unbelievable hype level around him.
He totally schooled Wlad. Could hardly call it "barely scraping" but it was a shit fight.

Zarlak

He totally schooled Wlad. Could hardly call it "barely scraping" but it was a shit fight.
Wlad was awful, it isn't hard to look like you're schooling anyone in that instance. Fury wasn't great, Wlad was just terrible and in shit form and on the back of it Fury has been made out to be the best boxer ever to have lived by his rabid fan base.

Deery

Dreary
Thought the Whyte v Povetkin card was this weekend but it’s not until next week, think it’s a bit disrespectful calling it revenge and plastering Whyte all over the promo what has Whyte even actually done except for getting sparked against anyone decent, hope Povetkin does him again and we don’t have to listen to this shite again..

Oggmonster

Chisora v Parker signed for May 1st on Sky Box Office

Looking like another IPTV viewing for me. Would never pay that money for a matchup like this
That's crazy that is on box office. Although I remember Hearn saying a while ago Chisora asks for that much money all his fights have to go on vox office so I imagine they may give him a cut of the ppv to make it stack up, problem is I can't see anyone being arsed to buy it, especially then when people will be allowed out house etc not like there's nowt else to do like at moment

Deery

Dreary
Katie Taylor v Natasha Jonas is the only fight worth watching on that card and even that isn’t that exciting.

SuperiorXI

Barely scraped win :lol: that fight was a great example of Fury's greatest quality, his boxing ability. And he fought one of the best champions in recent times in his own back yard and won convincingly. Not every fight needs to be a KO.

Deery

Dreary
Antony Fowler up now on Sky action on the undercard to Lawrence Okolie..

Zarlak

Barely scraped win :lol: that fight was a great example of Fury's greatest quality, his boxing ability. And he fought one of the best champions in recent times in his own back yard and won convincingly. Not every fight needs to be a KO.
He fought a great champion who put in a garbage performance on the night. He was in far better form for his fight with AJ.

Oggmonster

He fought a great champion who put in a garbage performance on the night. He was in far better form for his fight with AJ.
I always think the problem with that fight is people look at it differently from hindsight. I'd be very surprised if anyone watched it back cos it was absolutely garbage. From memory Fury deserved to win but sometimes you hear people speak about it like it was a 12 round destruction, I definitely don't remember that!!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Fury made Wlad gun shy because of his movement and feints. It was kinda beautiful to watch live but I tried re-watching it a few months ago and I couldn't muster the strength. No one else in the division could have done what he did and that wins him a lot of plaudits.

JP77

Looked in better form because he came up against a completely different fighter that offensively was different and was easier to get at. Can’t downplay what Fury did simply because Wlad looked better against a different fighter.

Kazi

I'd argue that the Wlad that fought Fury is better than the best version I've ever seen of Joshua